A Company Man

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Emotionaloverload
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

A Company Man

Post by Emotionaloverload » Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:07 pm

When I made Wyn I wanted to make a character that had all the best parts of a Wild/Green Elf (loyalty, courage, reliability, thick skin, high sense of community) mixed with so many of the bad (xenophobic, hyper conservative, religious zealot, illiterate and strict). It was a blast to watch everyone find their own way of dealing with him.

Super Green Elf Kudos to:

Euraldor/Best Boi of Myon: I adore this character. I am so glad that Wyn managed to get Euraldor out of his shell and into the community. The brotherly love between them was one of my favourite parts of playing in Myon. They always supported and protected one another. It was beautiful. I wish more elves were like this.

Bear-on-the-Mountain: While they disagreed on just about everything, ever, they always found ways to put their opinions aside to help each other like good brothers do. Bear's Outsider-influenced philosophies kept putting Wyn's enormous love for his kin to the test. P.S. He deserves to live in the icy wastes :p

Ronorin: It was always tons of fun to have such a reliable brother to see eye to eye with. Ronorin was a blast and they boys seemed to compete for the title of most grumpy. <3

Ilith: She broke Elf-Dad's heart. He tried so hard to bring her into the community. She was lovely even if they always seemed to be fighting.

Syn'la: They met early on, clashed endlessly on love versus solitude and I wouldn't have had it any other way. She was instrumental in Wyn digging his heels in to stay in Myon to try to help all those confused, soft city elves.

Dregan: I loved the dynamic between two very tired elves. Tired of everyone's nonsense. I am sad they never got that day at Nexus together.

City Elf/Those Dirty Elves Kudos:

Ren/Chief: They started out fighting and, if I'm honest, they ended that way too. Wyn always aimed to challenge her; to try to inject some Green elf morality into the awful city but he did it with love! I loved that they had as many conflict scenes as they had friendship ones. It was perfect.

Lunelle: When softness and strictness meet GOSH~ I love Lunelle so much. It was an absolute pleasure to fight with her, agree to disagree and (sometimes!) agree on things. She is a masterclass in patience.

Renari: She couldn't be further from a Green elf (much to Wyn's chagrin) but it was a terrible joy watching the two most hyper religious people in the city agree on just about everything. They are were such meanies. <3!

Ivy: The city changed wild elf was a favourite of mine from the start. Poor Wyn just didn't know how to engage her. It was hilarious watching them find ways to interact.

Solihel: Oh! Wyn's overwhelming love for kin (damnit Hanali!) had to find someone to bother. I loved watching their relationship come together and fall apart and come together and fall apart again. It was such a ride. Thank you.
Cailo: I wish they had more time together. Wyn can be so demanding with his brotherly love and attention. Poor Cailo needs a friend! I hope he finds one. He is such a cute character.

Buppi: Wyn had so much to disagree with with everyone and even more so with an Outsider like Buppi. They managed to find some semblance of peace every now and then. It was great to fight with you! The ups and downs were magical.

Funmakers!
Beldor
Burin
Caerdwyn
Cald
Caldor
Cervita
El
Elea
Evareth
Fennec
Firyn
Galen
Jadah
Maple
Narwiel
Nicodemus
Nimlan
Richter
Seann
Shalandar
Syth
Unien

I know I missed some people! I kept terrible notes because my character couldn't read >.> Thank you all for the great time!

Extra kudos to DM Avalon for all the events and the final showdown! <3

Love~
-S

Formerly; Echo Hemlocke-Ralkai, Joshua Colt, Namil Evanara, Elanor Shortwick, Sawyer Brook, Kaylessa Dree, Sines Oliver Selakiir, Birgitta Birdie Swordhill, Bella Weartherbee, Arael Laceflower, Corbin, Rupert Silveroak, Hadi the Slave and others.

Stop. Ninja Time

Re: A Company Man

Post by Stop. Ninja Time » Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:49 am

Wyn was lovely, such a joy to witness. From his first moments of telling Ivy to not steal the tribute, to dying to save the city. Ren and him fought terribly at the start, and it took Buppi to mend the relationship; but Ren knew he cared even if she didn't like him. It turned out over time that he was the kindest and most reliable kin she had; the one that cared so much behind that rough exterior. I'm glad they had a lot of good scenes between them, both conflicting opinions, critical moments and friendship and love.

His prisoners will be well taken care of.

Thanks as always for your lovely RP, even if this one only lasted three months~

<3

Some great quotes/images:

Paying Wyn tribute, his way

Burning Heart

Some Wyn quotes

Flarg

Post by Flarg » Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:18 am

Wow.

Playing with Wyn was an amazing experience. As a character he had a strong, consistent 'voice', and a lot of very cool detail to his speech, manner, and background that really made it easy for everyone around to interact with, work with, and count on.

From the very beginning it was like, ok, I guess he's taking me under his wing. That was cool because Euraldor needed it, and also I needed it as a player.

Euraldor's going to miss him; I think there going to be a lot of WWWD? in his near future.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... nknown.png

Drogo Gyslain

Post by Drogo Gyslain » Mon Jan 04, 2021 5:15 am

♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
I wish I was in Drannor,
Only for nights in Neverwinter,
I would swim over the deepest ocean,
For my love to find
But the sea is wide and I cannot cross over
And neither have I the wings to fly
I wish I could meet a handsome boatsman
To ferry me over, to my love and die.

My childhood days bring back sad reflections
Of happy times I spent so long ago,
My childhood friends and my own relations
Have all passed on now like melting snow.
But I'll spend my days in endless roaming,
Soft is the grass, my bed is free.
Ah, to be back now in Arvandor,
Now that long road down to the lye.
♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫

Standing there at the Mythal, with spells being cast and everything being shouted... her hands in the Mythal as she stared up...

I don't think there was any way else she could have seen Wyn Coming, in the midst of chaos, he gave himself to the mythal and it was something done inches from her face.

Wyn was a good man, and a great and amazing character. His death in that moment hit her hard, and it was a pleasure to get to know him.

And I will miss the fact that Wyn never did get to drink wine by the Nexus <3