Arelith Historians

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Edens_Fall
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Arelith Historians

Post by Edens_Fall » Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:27 pm

I wanted to give a BIG kudos and hug to the many historians of Arelith. My main has had a hand in recording Arelith’s history since she was Cordor’s museum curator. While this was at first a cover for her many charming plans, it quickly turned into a guilty pleasure I still enjoy after exile. I never knew how enthralling the server’s lore was, nor the depth of this particular rabbit hole created by those that came before. Needless to say, my research has lead me to find the works and writings of many historians around the isle.

To everyone, both past and present, whom as struggled to record the events of Arelith in book or sculpture I say THANK YOU!

Kessarin

Re: Arelith Historians

Post by Kessarin » Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:36 pm

A kudos to you for your contributions, too! Yesterday, through the eyes of my PC, I first beheld the wonder of Soulhaven's library. While there, I happened to read your PC's account about the Fall of Wharftown - which is something I've heard in snippets here and there, and seen represented at the museum, but never really grasped until I read that history. (As an aside, whoever has the login of "Wharftown Was An Inside Job" - I am like Captain America now: I understood that reference! :lol: )

As someone who is only three weeks into Arelith, I want to commend you and the others who have made it possible for me and others like me to read, understand, and appreciate the rich, nuanced history that has accumulated over the years. You've truly made the world a more immersive experience for your efforts. :)

l33tfragiletings

Post by l33tfragiletings » Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:45 pm

The museum is perhaps my favorite area in the server. Arelith being as old as it is, bares a lot of history that is extremely fun to learn about. I wish more emphasis was put into Arelith's roots, kudos to everyone!

neverwinternightly

Post by neverwinternightly » Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:28 am

Having spent a ton of recent time in libraries looking over books, I very much agree!

I am so happy I finally took the time on this character to start reading over the hundreds of books people have contributed to this server (whether history or something entirely different!). The fact that so much exists (and so much of it is from players) really sets the game apart for me.

Something I will say - DATES! Put dates on your books! Makes all of this so much easier.