James Hightower Kudos

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Bright Moon On A Cold Night

James Hightower Kudos

Post by Bright Moon On A Cold Night » Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:11 am

Hello. I wanted to write this as we near our second year as Chancellor of Cordor. It's been an amazing ride so far, James is my second character on Arelith with my first only lasting a few IRL days. I never expected to get this sucked into a world, with so much history and intrigue going on. It's immense and so engrossing. The story that has been told thus far has been out of this world, and I so truly appreciate everyone who has been here to tell it with me. Cordor is such a large, bustling city, in all my time roleplaying I've never quite found anything like Arelith yet. It feels incredibly alive.

I wanted James to be a relatively moderate leader in terms of his relationships. He came in at a time that I felt there was a large divide within Cordor, and maybe it hasn't improved to some, but to me it has massively. We now sit at almost a hundred people within the Cordorian Government or employed by us, so beware deviants!

I think I'm going to skip out on most names as I'd need a few pages to list them all, but to Emma, Markus, Kess, Duncan, Segovax, Dameon, right now you lot manage to actually keep me sane and I appreciate that so much more than you think. It's also shocking to me that we actually managed to become Chancellor and put in our own government. Again I'd list names but there are just so *so* many. You all know who you are, James loves you, I love you, you're all great. Thank you especially to the DMs who have been on hand to answer my stupid questions, too.

Cordor, Kudos!

Kessarin

Re: James Hightower Kudos

Post by Kessarin » Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:25 am

Even though I arrived late to the party, you have made me feel like I am a part of things from Day One. You are amazing - both IC as James, who is a remarkable character and continues to surprise and delight me and my PC, and OOC as someone who is an all-around pleasant, helpful, and considerate player. I feel lucky to have met you and been captured in your orbit. <3

I'm so excited for what the future holds and can't wait to share it alongside you!
Come visit the Carmichael Corner Café - located in the corner of Guldorand's town square near the Counting House and Speedy Messenger Service.

• new menu items featured every IG month!
• social opportunities - see and be seen!

Hedgehog
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Post by Hedgehog » Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:29 am

James! He’s a real treat to play with and I’ve been making an effort to see him more, it just gets tough with our schedules and understandably busy. Always appreciate every opportunity though. :)
I’ve got the power of god and anime on my side!

Zan

Post by Zan » Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:05 am

James is a delight, you are always welcome to come raid Markus' wine cellar my good fellow!
Current Char: Khael'dar

"Understanding is a Three-Edged Sword"

Drak
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Drak » Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:33 am

I've struggled to fit in over the course of the couple years I've played with a few exceptions. I've tried dipping my feet into Cordor before, but I will say. Playing Isola has been a real treat so far. The community here has been awesome, and James has been phenominal. He never looks at anyone as lesser, and includes as many people in as much RP as he can. Kudos to you and your ugly swimming shirt. :D

Rogaku

Post by Rogaku » Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:03 am

Playing Rachielle in Cordor has been awesome to come back to after time ICly away. It's definitely given her a new life I'm glad to have with her!
Major Characters:
Lacroix Sudentan (Deceased) , Rory Tate (Retired), Harcourt Fentyon: (Deceased) , Rachielle Du Vernais (Deceased) . Aloysious Valoheim (Retired), Troius Meridio (Deceased), Earnhardt Creid (Deceased)

EnigmaticSpirit
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by EnigmaticSpirit » Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:58 am

So I'm back on the heels of a year-long hiatus for... reasons known to some.

I came on expecting to get a few guard shifts and some shenanigans.

Nah, you guys have dragged me on a wild ride and it's been a blast, and James is a big part of the reason it's been a blast.

D4wN

Post by D4wN » Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:32 pm

From the moment I met James I knew he was going to be the one to make a positive change to Cordor and help bring lots of inclusive and fun RP. It's been a ride and it's truly such a pleasure to be doing this alongside him. James is OOCly and ICly an absolute treasure.

Cordor has exploded with RP and excitement. I love the inclusive community we have built whilst not losing intrigue and conflict. This is a testimony not only to James, but to the entire cabinet.
  • From Lavanya and her Cultural Ministry. Absolutely sublime.
  • The Ministry of Justice and their corrupt wonderful work. The trials, the laws, the new Justice office, the uniforms. Everything is amazing.
  • The military and General Waynolt. In all my time playing in Cordor I have not seen it so massive and so vibrant. You guys and girls are all amazing and I love seeing this grow.
  • The Rivorndir and Wardens. You keep things interesting and it's so great to have you. Drad's baking is amazing. Not going to lie.
  • The State Magi. What an absolute gift. The amount of RP you guys generate and the interesting things you're working on. It's no wonder so many people want to join the Magi.
  • The Gauntlet (not bias). Such an inclusive bunch and always a great source for some stellar RP moments.
Everyone in Cordor has done such a great job. Visitors, Cabinet/Government, citizens. It takes a community to build something special. But a lot of things are driven from the top. I commend James on all his hard work. It is no small feat to lead a settlement. It is tiring, stressful and takes a lot of effort. So major kudos to you.

Currently playing:
Thomas Castemont - Active

Liv McDowall - Shelved
Theodor Helbrecht - Rolled
Emma Young - Rolled
Ember Joyleaf-Underfoot - Rolled

DeSanti

Post by DeSanti » Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:49 pm

I hate James Hightower

(this is joke opposite is true, what a guy!)
Giscard d'Soleil - Dead

Preytoria

Post by Preytoria » Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:34 am

I only ran into James briefly. But for such a spur-of-the-moment crossing, the character/player was very inclusive and fun to play with!

neverwinternightly

Post by neverwinternightly » Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:10 am

I've had to speak with James on several occasions, and many of those encounters have been so impactful and memorable. Kudos to you for that and everything else you've helped do with Cordor!

Edens_Fall
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Edens_Fall » Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:31 pm

Same as above! Meetings have been few and tense, but not unpleasant!

AddledPunster
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by AddledPunster » Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:52 pm

I also wanna give James and the Cordor crew a big kudos! Coming back after a short break I can't say I was expecting my new character to be given a great first impression of the city, but Gwen's been getting a wonderful welcome from the city's happier residents, including the Chancellor!

Did that great impression of Cordor last? Probably not, but that's by no means a flaw. All that she's encountered has been wonderfully entertaining to observe and react to, and while she's seen more than she'd care to, I the player have been nothing but impressed. The Kindly Chancellor? Always gonna be a winner in my (and Gwen's) book.

Previously Played: Cheryl Garrio, the Rat Witch of Guldorand. Gwenllian Auburnridge, Spelljammer enthusiast.

UnrulyChuckles

Post by UnrulyChuckles » Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:05 pm

A bit late to the party, but James is one of those characters that has made a heavy impact on the world in a great way. He's always fun to RP with, and the players is awesome. Bro keep being you, you're killing it, much love!