Bat Country

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Flower Power

Bat Country

Post by Flower Power » Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:31 am

A scroll merchant in Sibayad?

I no longer have to go anywhere else to fully sell my loot off?

Ferris BatCountry, you're my hero.
what would fred rogers do?

Party in the forest at midnight

Re: Bat Country

Post by Party in the forest at midnight » Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:38 am

I really like all of their area work. Their RP is pretty great too, my character was too scared to meet with Harrow though and kept away. She did all sorts of evil things, that people could never elaborate on other than how scheming she is. She is a legend.

D4wN

Post by D4wN » Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:34 pm

Bat's great! Every area you've worked on is just top notch. Thanks for everything you do. And to the rest of the devs!

Currently playing:
Thomas Castemont - Active

Liv McDowall - Shelved
Theodor Helbrecht - Rolled
Emma Young - Rolled
Ember Joyleaf-Underfoot - Rolled

Irongron
Server Owner/Creative Lead
Server Owner/Creative Lead

Post by Irongron » Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:16 am

I'm not sure how closely players follow the input of individual devs, but the sheer volume of work being done on Arelith by Bat Country is quite startling, on models, areas, systems.

Not only does he display concrete insight into the needs and desires of the players, with whom he regularly engages, but is also simply an extraordinary creative talent.

Recognising and showing appreciation for this level of commitment is very much the least we can do. All power to you Bat, your presence on the team, and in the community is a huge boon to all of us.

I will never sleep

Post by I will never sleep » Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:52 am

Bat is a great guy- and mammal! Best area designs.

Edens_Fall
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Edens_Fall » Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:34 pm

Hear! Hear! One cannot sing enough praise of this Dev, his devotion, nor the effort he puts in.

THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING!!!

Baron Saturday

Post by Baron Saturday » Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:31 pm

I mean.

Yes.

<3
Rolled: Helene d'Arque, Sara Lyonall
Shelved: Kels Vetian, Cin ys'Andalis, Saul Haidt
Playing: Oshe Jordain

Wrips

Post by Wrips » Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:35 pm

+1

Bat is great!

Itikar

Post by Itikar » Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:48 pm

The additions from Bat have gifted me hours and hours of fun. I think that in the last months Dis, and now Saltspar, are some of the areas that have been tied to some of the most beautiful and engaging roleplay I experienced in the server. The quality of his work is outstanding and the passion that he has poured in it is something that warms the heart.

Thank you dearly, Bat Country, for all you have done for this community.

Bunnysmack
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Bunnysmack » Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:38 pm

There's a recent change to Dis that I didn't see a changelog for!? I need to find this...
"You're insufferable..."
"That's not true! I can totally be suffered!"

Sindaglin

Post by Sindaglin » Sat Jan 23, 2021 8:06 pm

Simply The Best ...Bats U are The Man
“ Brothers , what we do in life echoes in eternity “
Sindaglin Cu'thalion Sentinel of Myon - deceased
Arak War Chieftan of the Deep Legion -ActiveMain

Good Character

Post by Good Character » Sat Jan 23, 2021 8:47 pm

That man's an aficionado of public relations, too.

Airport Proximity Jesus

Post by Airport Proximity Jesus » Sun Jan 24, 2021 8:02 am

Lovely horrible evil dark master of darkness doing all the backroom deals your character isnt cool enough to know about, incredibly insightful both IC and OOC. I dealt with them heavily on my first character, and have since thoroughly looked forwards to each interaction I manage to have with them on subsequent UD toons

Most importantly, vaguely shares my taste in edge.
8-) Cool kids wear shades during the endless night 8-)

magistrasa

Post by magistrasa » Sat Jan 30, 2021 2:58 pm

After checking in on my favorite community and seeing a thread celebrating one of my favorite people, I can't help but feel compelled to comment. You guys might see the results of Bat's hard work, but I get the distinct honor and pleasure of watching the magic happen from time to time. Bat's the special kind of person who's always trying to improve themselves, always seeking a new font of inspiration, always working to make things better for other people - and they just bring this energy and enthusiasm with them that's so invigorating and inspirational. They're always, always dialed to eleven. Nothing they do is less than extraordinary.

Somewhat funny Bat story that I'm honestly really impressed and inspired by: They messaged me one day to share screenshots of this decades-old, out-of-print satanic encyclopedia, of which only a handful of copies were accounted for in the whole world - and the author's estate said they had no intention of reprinting it. The only library that carried the book was halfway across the US, far out of reach, and learning how rare this book was really put a damper on my outlook towards it. They were great screenshots, and I was just so sad that it didn't seem like it was possible to behold in all its glory. Fast forward to a couple weeks later, and Bat had somehow figured out the system for a library exchange program so that their local library could offer the book up for them to borrow, and suddenly they were flooding me with pictures of it in their hands. A day later and they'd scanned the entire book and sent me a digital copy, which is even more phenomenal than the Twitter pics suggested. I'm sure that book provided a plethora of inspirational fuel for the next dozen future Dis updates.

I cannot overstate how impressive Bat's dedication is. When I grow up, I want to be just like them. They just know so much about their craft, and what they don't know, they'll work their butt off to figure out. They will seriously do whatever it takes to pursue the things they love, and they just love Arelith - and its players - so, so much.

And to top it all off, I'm not sure I've ever had more fun roleplaying with someone! Sydney Harrow will always and forever be my wretched ex-wife.

(Edited to clarify and add a disclaimer that Bat Country surely wouldn't have gone through the lengths they did to acquire and send me a copy of aforementioned awesome book were it not for the fact that its very existence is compromised and such a national treasure simply had to be preserved and shared. Let it be noted that any Infernal Legislacerators of the Court of Nine Hells have no jurisdiction over any alleged hell crimes committed in the name of knowledge and the preservation of history.)

× Career Sharran × MILF Supreme × Artist (Allegedly) ×
Will Trade Art For Groceries Again Eventually

Dr. B

Post by Dr. B » Sat Jan 30, 2021 4:23 pm

Stellar RPer too.