The Beast Greets Eternal Damnation

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

In Sorrow We Trust
Contributor
Contributor

The Beast Greets Eternal Damnation

Post by In Sorrow We Trust » Sat Mar 20, 2021 2:50 am

I guess this is it.

I was once a mighty warrior. A Beast, the legions of the Abyss had called me. Now I sit alone in a cell with only my thoughts to comfort me, for what little comfort they are.

....So this is what happens to cowards.

I hear footsteps.

I don't usually do these, so sorry if it's a mess. I definitely didn't do one for all my other characters, even though I probably should have.

Seraphine Blackreign has been rolled. She was a fun character with a Jeklyn & Hyde dynamic that was a lot of fun to play. Sometimes she was a witty, intelligent scholar, and other times she was the symbol of savagery. A true menace to behold. In the end, though, her true nature revealed itself: weak and cowardly. She was a delight to play but she lost all of the wind in her sails when I went on my break, so I think her story has run its course.

Among the people I want to thank, there are a lot of names, but here's a few.

Yessy, the boxed-elf.

I had the chance to see The Abyssal Citadel in what I thought was truly one of its prime moments in easily over 10 years. I want to thank Bjorn Frostcloak, Neli Ore, and everyone else who was part of the faction when Beast had her hayday.

Drossaico and his group when she was Sailmarshal of Sencliff. All the others who were involved with that RP. Jackie Two-Knives, Thulduk, etc. Dahlia "FREEDOMCHILD" Everlain.

Then in her piracy prime, the Crownbreakers. Cordor. All our other various victims.

New Sencliff crew. You all gave a warm welcome back to her and I missed the Cliff.

A final closing thanks goes to Roselyn Kingsley and her associates. She's always been fantastic at driving RP, and she gave me a way better end than I could have asked for,. I look forward to see what she does with the little tidbit at the end of Seraphine's execution...

There are so many others, but it's been hard to remember every person I interacted with. So, ultimately, thank you all for being part of Seraphine's life.

Here's her themesong:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXGsGYB_4uA

Vittoria Veleno
catch me if you can

benedict overencumberbatch

Re: The Beast Greets Eternal Damnation

Post by benedict overencumberbatch » Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:24 am

Thank you for letting me be a part of the closing chapter of Seraphine's story - it's a humbling opportunity.

Seraphine was always a ton of fun to roleplay with. Her ever-shifting dynamic of scholarly pursuits juxtaposed with a savage, killer instinct was fascinating to watch in action. A brilliant character, with a neato driver behind the wheels.

Hope you enjoy whatever you do next!

Dragonovith
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Dragonovith » Sat Mar 20, 2021 7:01 am

The player of Seraphine brings so, so much life to whatever they decide to get themselves involved with, and with the Beast it was no different. She was a force of nature and badass af. A kudos right back to you, you deserve it.

Preserver
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Preserver » Sat Mar 20, 2021 8:13 am

Though I did not interact with Seraphine as much as I did with Keph, the interactions were always enjoyable for me.
Sorrow is a rare peach of a player: hardly ever met someone as invested to just let other people have a good time, even in conflict... especially in conflict.

Can't wait to see what comes next!

~ Lladria Sethassiel ~ (Dead!) - ~ Siobhan Gray (Departed!)
~ Elspeth Lynndain (Dead!) - Noasheel Xephrates (Dead!)
~ Yachta - ~ Providence (Dead!)

Baron Saturday

Post by Baron Saturday » Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:28 pm

Seraphine was everything I wanted Oshe to be. You played a very difficult character with grace and aplomb and deserve all the kudos I have to offer!
Rolled: Helene d'Arque, Sara Lyonall
Shelved: Kels Vetian, Cin ys'Andalis, Saul Haidt
Playing: Oshe Jordain

Diegovog

Post by Diegovog » Sat Mar 20, 2021 7:25 pm

Seraphine was the pirate captain we needed in a time of trouble. Great character as usual!

Itikar

Post by Itikar » Sat Mar 20, 2021 10:16 pm

We did not roleplay much but I greatly enjoyed those few times we did.

Thank you for bringing such a lovely character to us and good luck with any new projects you will embark upon. <3

Edens_Fall
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Edens_Fall » Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:50 pm

I'm glad you found the close to another great story. While our encounters are random I have always enjoyed your PCs.

whitewingeddove
General Admin
General Admin

Post by whitewingeddove » Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:17 am

I'm so sorry I'm just now seeing this! I am very bad about reading the forums. I loved the dynamic between Sera and Dahl, which to my surprise worked very well. I'll miss her, but I'm glad she got a worthy finale.

Sleepwarden
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Sleepwarden » Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:57 pm

Khal's favorite... What was it...? "Archeologist"? :D

In Sorrow We Trust
Contributor
Contributor

Post by In Sorrow We Trust » Sat Apr 03, 2021 1:16 am

Sleepwarden wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:57 pm
Khal's favorite... What was it...? "Archeologist"? :D
haha yeah. I'm surprised he accepted that answer not once but twice. Good man to the end.

Vittoria Veleno
catch me if you can