Ren Leaves for the Mainland

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Stop. Ninja Time

Ren Leaves for the Mainland

Post by Stop. Ninja Time » Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:07 pm

After much time on the isle, Renmara (Ren) Engeve'te'lyn has left to explore the wider world. She was a blast to play, and someone who I had made on a whim almost a year ago just because I enjoy elves and rogues - so it was time to make an elvish rogue. Little did I think she'd go from her humble hidden beginnings to part of the Amber Tome and Coronal of Myon. Her 'theme' was friendship and in that she succeeded; with many friends across the isle and few enemies. There was a lot of wonderful RP with people; and a lot of great interactions and here are those I remember most fondly - kudos to you all:

Her First Days
Ren started with the idea of a noble slave - those of noble birth are treated very differently from regular slaves, but just because they're treated well by slavery standards doesn't mean they aren't harshly affected by it. Ren was nervous, in some ways shy; she was fearful of getting caught and refused to even use her name. By the end few knew her full name, but in her first days only very few knew even her surname. Ren will always remember her time in Guldorand when she won the race and a book bag - which set her up to store so much information in that bag.

The Four Friends: Saoirse Weneson, Andrew Gafferson, Kesa Hillside
We all promised to return to Ren's Point for a picnic, and while most of us have left the isle, you all hold a place in Ren's heart. She never got to say goodbye to Andrew and Kesa but that tearful goodbye with Saoirse was the saddest moment of all my time on Ren.

Aliana Drake - The best book bag, Ren will treasure it forever
Darion Giullare - A drinking buddy from the nomad, I never expected you to show up at her Coronation. He was great and I hope you get ahold of the Nomad some day
Derristan Barley - Good ole Derristan, easily one of my favourite characters. I'm glad I got to go to your wedding and play a song for you and that we got to RP many times over the months!
Elliara Wintercat - The best singer in the Nomad, thanks for showing me the soulhaven :)
Maebyn and Rossira Tosscobble - the pair of lovely homey hin, you made Ren feel welcome in Bendir like no others. We only got to have one dinner, but I'm glad Rossy and Ren got to make up before the pair left
Sabastian Jasper - The nicest hin in all of Bendir, Bash is just fun to be around

The Amber Tome
After much travelling around and trying to help people, Ren started the Amber Tome with Buppi and Wally; and it was a great time being a super sleuth. Hours spent just gathering information to spread around, it was a lot of fun. Hundreds of pages of just notes and transcripts meant that Ren knew most of what was going on with all the bad guys, and it was nice to finish up a dossier and give it out. Thanks to all those that were willing to work with this relatively unknown elf who was incredibly nosey, and often where you didn't want her to be!

Wallace Lyonall - The time with Wally made it the most fun I've ever had sleuthing - even more than when I actually played a harper. Being able to just gather information and distribute it, all the books and reports and trying to sneak information out of Bendir and elsewhere was great. Wally though is a gem, he was such a real character and a fellow noble that understood Ren and always had the best advice

Aila Vintergard - The best chef on the isle, I always enjoy Aila and I'm glad I got to run into her some more and eat her delicious food
Archer (Disguised) - I still don't know who you are, but I'm glad for the times we got to RP. Archer was the most mysterious character, but he was also a great informant
Arthur Faron - The man who started it all, when we started our joint investigation into Buppi and Ruger; if it hadn't been for you then I'd have been unlikely to have met so many people and the Amber Tome likely wouldn't have existed
Aura Bigstep - Aura is adorable, and I hope you continue your lessons at the soulhaven. It was great seeing a portion of her story!
Bolterbel - Bolt always made me laugh, he was just so blunt and to the point; I wish I'd been able to find him more for more RP!
Jana Kaidaris - Jana is absolutely lovely; such a delight. With how attuned Ren was to Hanali, her and Ren just clicked. We never got that dinner, but after Richard's betrayal (in Ren's view), it was rather hard to want to be around him. Ren will always remember Jana fondly though!
Oak Mountainbrew - The best dwarf, I was sad to see him go and I hope he'll return!
Sigo Fellpockeld - Sigo the mage, it was great just having all those conversations with him. He was great at dealing with drama, and Ren still hopes to get that date with him (without touch, of course).
Sythaeryn Dawnwing - Good ole reliable Syth; one of Ren's closest friends for a long time. They grew apart but Ren still tries to remember the Syth that she trusted, rather than the one she felt betrayed her. Such a great character, and thanks for all the great RP!
Cheryl Garrio - I didn't get much interactions with Cheryl, but such an absolutely wonderful character. Your witch work at the monster party was stellar and worth a kudos on its own

Coronal of Myon
It took years before Ren made it to Myon, as none of her kin wanted to show her the place. When she finally visited, her heart hurt for how empty the place was and she devoted herself to rebuilding it. It was pure chance that there were two other amazing people (Ivy and Lunelle) that wanted the same thing, and it didn't take long for us to unite forces. I never thought Ren would become Coronal, but it was an enjoyable time. From time spent with different leader, to running multiple events a week, to just sitting around spending time with those that made Myon their home and hearing and helping in their stories. I'm glad I got the chance to lead, and that there were a lot who had a ton of fun playing with us.

My Council:
Caldurian Wyndyr - Cald was a friend even before Ren became Coronal, and it was unexpected but amazing when he stepped up to be speaker. Speaker of Stress, I think, but I always enjoyed our interactions. Hopefully he finally meets his lady's parents and stops chickening out!
Ivy Dwin'darre - Ivy is positively great, I didn't expect someone to be doing the same thing Ren was and it just helped a ton to have someone take on that load for me. It was great to see how much she grew and all her ideas for the Sentinels.
Lunelle Tir'ana - Lunelle was so wholesome, I don't think I ever saw her properly mad. I hope life settles down for you so you can play more, and make more wonderful characters like Lunelle. You did amazing with the sermons.
Renari Orlethym - The golden Knight, she looked stunning and always had the best dresses. She was a good and proper noble and knight and I'm glad that we could get you involved in things!
Shandalar Miaven - Shan is such a good and proper nerd, and I'm glad she reached out to become our lorekeeper. She was a great voice and a great friend in the end, and if things worked out differently maybe they'd have gotten that date.
Evareth Bryveir - Steady and dependable Evareth, you always knew what he was thinking. I really liked him and the tight spot between working for Terathiel and Myon.
Wyn - Wyn is wonderful, Ren and Wyn started off with extreme ire for eachother and disapproval and ended up with well - just disapproval. Ren had a lot to work on and Wyn had a lot of great points - even if sometimes they were skewed by his unique worldview. I'm glad Ren could give him a home - a home he loved at least enough to save.

The Officials:
Falgrim Vintergard - Thane Vintergard is always so imperious; so the opposite of the flighty elves that it was like wind against granite. It was always hard to tell if he was offended or not, and it was great to RP with you as always
James Hightower - James was, like Ren, sort of thrown into leadership unexpectedly. It was great to see him succeed with a proper council and such a busy city.
Markus Hawkwinter - Markus was such a delightful flirt, I'm sure he gets into no small amount of problems!
Noli Torsig - Noli was the dwarf I got to see most often, we never did setup that liaison but I killed a dragon with that gonne you made me!
Sarah E. Rosewind - Sarah was in many ways a lot like Ren; thrown into a role and trying to fit it while just wanting to get back to books. I'm glad we got to have so many candid discussions and I think Sarah was the one that Ren considered her only true ally in all of this.
Vernes Rivers - Vernes the Impervious was very friendly and it was amusing to often walk into town to yell at him but he skillfully diffused the situation
Dregan Young - Ren started off with a very poor impression of Dregan but after actually sitting down and talking to her she ended up becoming friends. I wish Ren had been able to say goodbye, but good luck with your new Grove!
Burin - The two of them started off with an angry yelling match over postings on the board, but somehow managed to sweep that under the rug and pretend it didn't happen and have respectful interactions. I'm glad the Grove is still going strong under you!

Myonians:
Cailo Deir'Don - Leaf of' Silver, our greatest provider of things. The number of times you'd return with just hoards of stuff, we should've given you an award. I hope we were able to help in your story!
Caldor Badger - Badger, later Caldor - him and his daughter were an interesting pair. It was great having those long chats with him about his life and upbrinding and we even made a bar for you. The Golden Grape was a nice place while it lasted, thanks for the idea!
Cherry Leaf - Shan's love, and later potential Coronal. Ren never knew what to make of Cherry, but I found her quite entertaining and wanted to know more about her!
Nimlan Norreanea - Nimlan, faithful Nimlan. I hope Nimlan is still around if/when Ren ever returns, and I wish you'd been able to join us sooner! Nimlan is a great addition to Myon, and Ren will never mind him still calling her Coronal. Such an awkward but wonderful elf.
Keth'ym Evanara - Keth'ym is such a great noble, and your artwork is wonderful. I enjoyed all our interactions and I hope next time I see Myon I get to see more of your art!
Lillaniarin Dragonsbane - Lillaniarin and her brother were an interesting pair and I was surprised they worked for Keth'ym, and I'm sure she gives him so many headache. But I found her wonderful and was always amused by her antics.
Richter Vann - Richter is the best artist and I'm glad we pulled him out of Guldorand to come join us in Myon! Ours! No take backs.

Cordor:
Aleilsum Ellrum - Old man Aliel; always stuck between his kin and the Gauntlet. I was sad to see him go, but the sword he rescued did pass onto future Coronals
Emma Young - I had one conversation with Emma and it was delightful. Keep being great Emma
Westian Roseheart - Westian teamed up with us in the training mission, and I always enjoyed running into him and remembering this one fellow from the Gauntlet that I knew. Interesting character!
Tera'thiel Eldafire - Tera'thiel is another example of a great noble, and his story of helping his family is such a sad one. Thank you for sharing that; I had seen some of the story on the otherside back in the day so it was great to see it from Tera'thiels point of view.
Elatha and Milanaith Nostalfay - The Nostalfay were the first issue to drop on Ren's plate, just trying to bring them back to Myon. The sermons you two held were wonderful and I'm glad I could bring you some fun before your family left the isle.
Elaria - Elaria the 'abomination' - I hope even with Myon wanting to murder you that you had fun with it; we tried to give you as much RP as we could that wasn't just murderhobo RP. I'm glad that you had supporters to make it more interesting!

Others:
Ausha Wrenn - I'll miss Ausha, she's a great character. We didn't get much RP on Ren and Ausha, but a kudos to you for Ausha being great.
Pinlyn - Pinlyn was such a mysterious and spooky mage, but it was delightful. Ren could never tell if he was EVIL, or just incredibly serious and if he hadn't been an elf would likely have banished him. As it was, I think your RP was great on him and I'm glad we got to RP some!
Dahlia Elavain - Dahlia, somehow knew both of Ren's closest friends; which made her a friend by association. She wanted to let Myon be a safehaven for Dahlia even if she didn't want it
Khal-Dun - Our first conversation had Ren scared, this big imperious war wizard admiral, she was surprised to see him change so much over time, and sadly we never got to take you up on that boating offer
Ger Rosemaw - EVIL kobold. We only RPed the once, and that was PVP, but kudos to you for making it fun and the friendly OOC chat afterwards. I'm glad you got away even if you forgot healing potions!
Meriam Fuzzypaw - Cookies. More cookies. Ren bought so many cookies. Ren hated Meriam for how things went with Buppi, but that moved to neutrality when Meriam tried to help things. Still, a great RPer and a great character!
Oskarr - Oskarr is such a lovely person, I always wanted more Oskarr time as he was such a naive and wholesome fellow.

The Finale
Being Coronal wouldn't have been half as exciting if we hadn't had a major DM plot going on at the same time, leading to the fall of the Mythal (whoops). To think, the plot had started with just a tired hurt mage wanting some help from our local wizards, and through our persistent questioning lead to a major attack on the city and Ren's soul being stolen and finally a lovely ritual to restore her. Even though I was just an observer, it was a wonderful story to watch.

DM Avalon Soul - For starting it all with a simple story which ballooned into stopping a plague and half destroying the city. I didn't think asking if you if you wanted to kidnap a Coronal would lead to so much RP with Cordor and Guldorand and so much behind the scenes plotting. You're a wonderful DM and I hope you keep telling such awesome stories.

Euraldor - Euraldor was such an enigma but Wyn managed to pull him into the city and then into the sentinels. Almost a knight, I'm sure he would've done delightful if the reign had lasted longer. I hope he continues to find a new community so when Ren returns she can visit him! Euraldor's speech was so sad it almost made me cry, I'm glad she survived and got to say goodbye.
Myzzrin Brightburst - Myzz is a sweetheart; Ren tried so hard to get her to come to Myon and be Lorekeeper. Partly because she knew Myzz was a good person, and partly because she really needed more wizards and was trying to drag them by their toes if she had to. Given Myzz lives in the elven district, Ren calls that a success! Myzz's speach was lovely!
Olissa - Olissa is Ren's oldest Arelith friend (the others having left); and it had started out with a shadowvar trip. I'll miss the good ranger and hopefully you lead your rangers to prominance in the mountain! Your speech also almost brought my to tears T_T
Navarre - Navarre was such a monk, so calm but you could just feel the storm of emotions brewing in him. I'm glad we could give him a home and a hug when he really needed it. We did get that wine in the end too!
The Shields - the shields played a big part in helping Ren, and she didn't even know most of them. I wish work hadn't consumed so much of my time afterwards so I could've gone and met and thanked you all properly. Great RPing, all of you

A Final Note
Ren was wonderful to play throughout her time, it was a whirlwind of a year. I started her mostly just to have fun with my famous class and my favourite race and it evolved into something far beyond my control; as characters tend to do. Thanks for the fun all. Finally a last kudos to Ren's darling:

Buppi - Buppi is such a darling character. Simultaneously the most frustrating but also the most endearing. It's hard to argue when his worldview is just slightly skewed, so he's -right- but what he says feels wrong. His long arguments on the problems with civilization, and his internal fights to be wild and civilized were create to see. The hunts, the romancing, the stalking and the yelling - there was a lot of emotion in their relationship. They finally get to court and travel the world; free from the isle, free from the Presrae... Just free. I've had the privilege of playing with Buppi before, and there is just such depth to the character and the player is great as well. I know you'll keep being awesome, if you return.

AnselHoenheim
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Re: Ren Leaves for the Mainland

Post by AnselHoenheim » Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:48 pm

Ren was really a great character to interact with, specially with Sarah and Ren, as they were very close in mindset and ideas, it's a shame Ren didn't see the work done at the end!

Pixelburner

Post by Pixelburner » Sun Mar 28, 2021 12:16 am

It's been a blast to play with Ren. Little Ivy was a lost elf looking to settle in Myon but suddenly ended up rebuilding the city with her and all the fellow Myonian comrades (Lunelle, Buppi, Wyn, Evareth and more!).

It's been a rollercoaster for sure but I've enjoyed it deeply. I wish IRL things did not pull me down at the time to continue and see the end of Avalon's plot.

I've greatly admired how inclusive you were in your RP and how you were moving people around you. Ren has been a friend and a mentor to Ivy.

Farewell to Ren then :) And looking forward to seeing your next character!

Glowing Mushroom
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Post by Glowing Mushroom » Sun Mar 28, 2021 12:46 am

Ren was an incredibly well and strongly portrayed character. Her big personality and authority were truly bold! She and Burin, as you mentioned, somehow began their interactions with those heated letter exchanges. But they ended up sharing ideas and respect with one another as she began a huge turning point for Myon for the better. The important discussions Burin and Ren shared solidified the strong bond between Myon and the Grove!

Kudos, and thanks for the RP!
Burin the Earthly.

Fenran
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by Fenran » Sun Mar 28, 2021 2:49 am

Vernes had limited interactions with Ren but each one was fun! I hope she enjoys her life on the mainland

Kudos and thanks for the RP.

Narcho
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by Narcho » Sun Mar 28, 2021 3:56 pm

Ren was one of the first characters to bring Olissa into interesting plots and story arcs, and the one she ended on was probably one of the best I've been witness to.

Watching her lead the revival of Myon and all the characters it involved was awesome, the amount of time and energy committed is something I am always astounded at.

So long Ren, looking forwards to your next character :)

Aleilsum Ellrum
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by Aleilsum Ellrum » Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:26 pm

Ren, your char was and is lovely. You poured Ren's heart into Myon and it showed. It began to rejuvenate Myon through her and through her good advisors.

I'll be honest, Ren's reign became blighted and the rose that was beginning to blossom was unable to flourish. That's a great shame. Ren is/was a sweet character and her love and care for the city of her kin deserved better.

Aleilsum stepped back as the writing was on the wall for him in Myon, but he thinks of her with kindness and a hope that this experience will have taught Ren a lot in many ways, and that she will go on to flourish on the mainland.

Sleepwarden
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Sleepwarden » Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:02 am

see you in another life! maybe we'll take that boat trip after all!

BronxFury

Post by BronxFury » Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:42 am

Ren is such a sweetheart of a character. Thank you for sharing your story with us, and thank you for being the one to finally break Myzz' stubbornness of avoiding Myon after her first bad taste. Quite a few of the people she was introduced to through that have become very important to her. Even though she'll never consider herself "of Myon", she can now give the rest of her kin a chance to prove her earlier beliefs wrong. All thanks to Ren. <3
Current: Myzzrin Brightburst (Young, Fun and Full of Hugs)

Former: Granny Stabbums (Just a Sweet Ol' Granny...)

Edens_Fall
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Edens_Fall » Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:08 pm

Kesa, and me, always wondered what became of that adorable elf. I was happy to learn when she became leader of Myon and rather sad her story grew quite after a new leader was taken. Know I really enjoyed our RP and even tried to track you down a few times after Myon with little luck. Either way I am glad to learn more of your story and happy you found an ending. I look forward to bumping into your next character some day!

TooManyPotatoes

Post by TooManyPotatoes » Fri Apr 02, 2021 5:30 pm

That's super sweet of you to say about Oak. I intended him to be back by now but things never do go as planned.

I always felt Ren and Oak never got enough time together but i was always glad when they did - she was always a lot of fun to be around. I was pleased to hear she made coronal; wish Oak could have been around and active for her reign!

Much love to Ren and her smol companion. :)

Svrtr
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Svrtr » Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:59 pm

Ill not forget the time with Ren and Buppi in the tavern when they were arguing.

.....or ren's constant attempts at forcibly selling Valdrin ore like an elven extorion mafia

I'll miss those times but hope to be able to RP with your next characters! Was a fun time and so here's to more RP in the future

Stop. Ninja Time

Post by Stop. Ninja Time » Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:35 pm

Much love you all <3
Svrtr wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:59 pm
Ill not forget the time with Ren and Buppi in the tavern when they were arguing.

.....or ren's constant attempts at forcibly selling Valdrin ore like an elven extorion mafia

I'll miss those times but hope to be able to RP with your next characters! Was a fun time and so here's to more RP in the future
Gosh, I forgot to add Valdrin! The dwarf who literally drank himself to death. He was well missed and a great friend. Ren also couldn't make as much money after he left and stopped buying all her arjale ;)

Dug up from screenshots as well!

And screenshots wouldn't be complete without a few of Ren's Point:

Emotionaloverload

Post by Emotionaloverload » Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:02 pm

Agh. The screenie of Ren and Wyn killed me. T.T

Thank you so much for the fun. Ren was the only city elf to give him a chance. If not for her, the others wouldn't have followed.

<3
-S
Formerly; Echo Hemlocke-Ralkai, Joshua Colt, Namil Evanara, Elanor Shortwick, Sawyer Brook, Kaylessa Dree, Sines Oliver Selakiir, Birgitta Birdie Swordhill, Bella Weartherbee, Arael Laceflower, Corbin, Rupert Silveroak, Hadi the Slave and others.

Seven Sons of Sin

Post by Seven Sons of Sin » Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:32 pm

Ren remains one of those great characters in that spot in Arelith roleplay that always vexes me.

"Untapped potential / give me more / something great could've happened here ... but alas, the stars just didn't align."

big kudos. I always loved running in to Ren.
Previous:
Oskarr of Procampur, Ro Irokon, Nahal Azyen, Nelehein Afsana (of Impiltur), Vencenti Medici, Nizram ali Balazdam, (Roznik) Naethandreil

Stop. Ninja Time

Post by Stop. Ninja Time » Fri Aug 27, 2021 1:37 pm

Seven Sons of Sin wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:32 pm
Ren remains one of those great characters in that spot in Arelith roleplay that always vexes me.

"Untapped potential / give me more / something great could've happened here ... but alas, the stars just didn't align."

big kudos. I always loved running in to Ren.
Thanks Oskarr <3

Alas for the stars that didn't align. I hope they do next time!