Kudos from a Madman

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

D4wN

Kudos from a Madman

Post by D4wN » Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:11 am

My story is certainly not over, it's only just begun. I've never really played a true villain before and for a long time I must admit I was quite stuck on how to even do this and where to begin. The past several weeks have been an absolutely incredible experience made possible by so many wonderful RPers who have helped to bring life to this amazing story.

Playing a villain is hard, really hard. It means moving from a reactive role to a more proactive role. Playing a villain who is focused on a story rather than PVP is even harder. It requires a lot of trust from the community and therefore there a a few people I really want to thank for helping me tell this story and building a reputation for my character. This by no means includes all the people I have been interacting with and some I have ommitted because of FOIG reasons, but it certainly includes the people who have been most prominent in helping out!

Elspeth Lynndain
Absolutely the first one who needs to be mentioned. Not only were the last moments of her life so incredibly impressive from a RP perspective. This arc initiated all of it, making my character and the people around him the most hated villains around atm. How can you not hate people who were behind the death of one of the most amazing and loved people on the island. The death of Elspeth has created a ripple effect and a continuation of an incredible legacy to her character.

Konstantin Helbrecht
I'm honestly so grateful and humbled to be allowed to play a relative of Konstantin. Thank you for writing such an incredible story for Theo and for allowing me to play him. Early on Kon was the absolute driver for Theo and although the disappearance of his brother has certainly not helped his state of mind, it has helped let him out of the cage. I was honestly so nervous when I started his journey because you're such an incredible RPer and there was a lot of sel-imposed pressure to live up to expectations. Theo has become one of my favourite characters of all time in any RP game I've ever played.

Roselyn Kingsley
From the moment I met Roselyn I knew she was a character who was going to have an incredible story to tell. You are such a wonderful person to RP with and Roselyn is such an in-depth villain. Her story, like mine, is far from over and I couldn't think of anyone better to do this with.

Emily Bitterbloom
Emily is one of Theo's oldest friends alongside Thraxx and Synk. But definitely the moments Theo and Emily have shared have been so memorable. Without her help I don't think Theo would be where he was right now.

The Artificer
I can't say too much due to FOIG reasons. But you know what you did. Thank you. It was and still is amazing

Sarek
Simply put, you're a better brother than Konstantin ever was ;) hahaha. The two of them have the worst influence on each other and literally make each other worse people. I've had so much fun with you. You're an incredible RPer seeing the differences between some of your characters. It simply amazes me.

Crozius
My best friend Crozius. I miss you man.. Please come back to me! I asked if we could play together. ;) Just like Itzal, you have been instrumental in telling this story and its continuation. Thank you 1000x's.

Itzal
Where do I even begin. What an absolutely generous person you are with your RP. You're kind and so keen to help drive a story. You have made this all possible and I'm eternally grateful.

Avalri
My future bride to be. Thank you for so patiently putting up with his crazy. I'm loving the way you're handling this and it's been such a joy to get to know you better. I look forward to seeing where this journey leads us!

Whisper
We've only just met and our story together is only at its beginning, but boy did you leave an impact. I am so looking forward to what's to come next!

Theu
My rival! You have made me laugh probably as many times as Emily has. Every interaction with Theu has been such a joy. She's a great character and brings out the worst in Theodor. I love how these two rile each other up.

Giscard
I had such an amazing time during that chat. You know the one I'm talking about. Giscard is a great protagonist for someone like Theodor as they are so very very different and can still have such interesting conversations.

Nella Fryar
One of the very first people who has helped (perhaps unknowingly? ;)) to tell Theo's story to the world. The amount of time you've spent with him showing him around, before anyone knew who he was has been so graciously generous. Thank you.

Myzzrin Brightburst
Myzzrin is such an interesting character to me as it's someone I find extremely hard to read. I'm dying to know more about her story and I've enjoyed our interactions so far.

Tove
What started out as a strong desire for revenge and blood, has turned into something I really didn't expect. I've thoroughly enjoyed every interaction with Tove and I look forward to more!

House Xun'viir
I never played in the UD before and I spend a long time trying to figure out the various groups and who I wanted to associate with. You have all been so incredible welcoming and kind and I have enjoyed every moment I get to spend with any of you. Thank you for being an amazing group of people and for putting up with Theodor.

His protege
For FOIG I can't say too much. But every interaction with you has helped Theodor develop and I hope he has done that for you too. I love the synergy they have and my favourite moment is when and how they met. What a surprising turn of events! I look forward to more.
Last edited by D4wN on Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Currently playing:
Thomas Castemont - Active

Liv McDowall - Shelved
Theodor Helbrecht - Rolled
Emma Young - Rolled
Ember Joyleaf-Underfoot - Rolled

KND

Re: Kudos from a Madman

Post by KND » Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:22 am

My ride or die! <3

I'd definitely like to echo this and give kudos to all the players listed above. I've had the privilege of being included as part of this story and have been loving every minute of it.

It has been a blast! I look forward to many more shenanigans as this story continues to unfold.

LIAR LIAR

Post by LIAR LIAR » Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:40 am

he’s boyfriend material

benedict overencumberbatch

Post by benedict overencumberbatch » Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:34 am

<3

BronxFury

Post by BronxFury » Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:27 am

Theodor as a character is so enjoyable and almost every time Myzz and he interact, I get a few laughs OOC. "The Better Brightburst" being hard to get a read on is taken as a compliment. She's a lot more complicated than most people would assume at first glance, and only a few characters know the full truth <_<. Looking forward to whatever insanity comes from future meetings between these two. Keep up the crazy!
Current: Myzzrin Brightburst (Young, Fun and Full of Hugs)

Former: Granny Stabbums (Just a Sweet Ol' Granny...)

Preserver
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Preserver » Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:13 am

HE'S EBIL!

But yes, thank you so much for involving me in your RP and contributing to the final beats of Elspeth's RP =) !
Hope for more to come!

~ Lladria Sethassiel ~ (Dead!) - ~ Siobhan Gray (Departed!)
~ Elspeth Lynndain (Dead!) - Noasheel Xephrates (Dead!)
~ Yachta - ~ Providence (Dead!)

Haroshia
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by Haroshia » Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:59 pm

Theo is a great character who I was very happy to surprise. Loving the interactions with him.
Tove Auburnridge

Edens_Fall
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Edens_Fall » Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:01 pm

Welcome to the darkside and great RP that is the UD!

Elesadi

Post by Elesadi » Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:34 pm

Every interaction poor Avalri has had with Theodor has been an absolute delight to play.
The way you play him and thread the line between vulnerable and uncompromising is fantastic.

Kudos to you as well for making sure that, while Avalri does not trust Theodor, I know I can trust you and that this is a story we will play out together.
Plays as: Avalri DeLocke

Turn the Tide

Post by Turn the Tide » Tue Mar 30, 2021 3:51 pm

It sure has been a load of fun playing with you down here! :D
Theodor is a chad for taking shots for the utility bard.
Login: Fetch My Wine Jean-Luc