Arathis Aurelian, death and KUDOS

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Snek Games

Arathis Aurelian, death and KUDOS

Post by Snek Games » Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:27 am

Here's an attempt at a big thanks to everyone that made playing Arathis such an amazing time. He was my first character, and I had such a blast with all the interactions. I wish I would have kept a log or something because I am sure I will miss a lot of people that deserve to be mentioned for being amazing. I'm sorry to those of you I miss.

Arathis was, meant to be just a random Mercenary in a group of friends, but he grew into so much more. A knight, member of the Gauntlet, Briefly Commander and General of Cordor's military, father, husband. So many deep connections. He died as he I think he was meant, went down fighting and final words of love and warning of what got him whisked away on a wisp on the wind.

To House Cellence and the Rivorndir's:

Aaralyn Rivorndir(Cellence): Gotta start with you. Right out of the gate you where so welcoming and gave Arathis and myself as a new player a sense of home. He loved every conversation they had and every moment spent. I as a player learned so much about opening up with emotes and being more expressive from how you masterfully portray Aaralyn. I will miss the quiet talks in the back of the lotus, and look forward to new characters meeting Aaralyn. Also, an amazing friend that I need to chat with in discord more often.

Aldros: Didn't bump into you as much as I would have liked (time zones) But what an amazing character that really gives the sense of being at the head of a noble family. I will always remember the time in Sibayad that we stood side by side against the undead. Another fantastic RPer.

Drad: Man, if there is the standard of a guy expressing a scene in emotes, its you. Definitely loved watching how you craft a scene and the times we ran together.... also that statute is amazing man, its a cap off that makes me feel like I did something right with the first character. Thank you.

Honorable mentions: I didn't get a ton of time with each of you, but I loved the time we did spend together, such amazing and compelling characters; Antionette, Dra'gos Uthros, Rolf, you guys were cool and I really wish I had spent more time RPing with you.

To the Military:

What a wild ride, and such a great teaching experience with leading a faction in Arelith. It was also neat to take my real life military experience and inject that into a character. I certainly know I stumbled and failed in places here, but a treasured experience.

Lord Eldafire, or to Arathis, just Tera: Someone that bonded immediately with Arathis and truly one of his best friends. From the Guard, to went to Myon and back. Arathis knew he could always count on you. The list of people he was so incredibly close with is small, and your one of them. Will miss you buddy. Hopefully a future character will meet and befriend you. Genuine joy to RP with.

Gur'durak. Another quick friend of Arthis. Big personality, always a fun time to run with you. I will never forget, facing off against like 30 vampires with you to save the kids the Arathis went on to adopt. Someone I do hope that Arathis finds for an afterlife beer.

Gaist: Man, you are such a flexible and fantastic RPer, and such a cool person OOC. Some of the RP I could have handled better, but Gaist was the standard of a soldier and someone Arathis did respect deeply.

Agnith: The sometimes unruly but dependable Captain. I think your report system is still used, at least I hope it is. Always loved the downtime RP.

Marley Goodman: Oh boy, what an amazing character. Definitely Arathis' right hand and more importantly the pillar that kept him going as Commander. I don't think he would have made it without you. Easily on the list of Arathis' inner circle of close friends... and someone I need to message more in discord because you are not only an amazing RPer, but an amazing person and RL friend.

Markus Hawkwinter: Pretty sure you were Arathis' best friend and if Marley was the right hand, you where his left. Such an amazing guy, cunning, thoughtful. Even after the Banite bit came out, you were Arathis best pal, they simply had gone through so much together. Talk about an outstanding RPer too, I learn something from you and find inspiration every day we run together man. Another treasured real life friend made.

To those his other close friends:

Elspeth: Man, what an honor. I always feel like I am the worst at creative writing because you are just so amazing. I really wish Arathis would have gotten more time with Elspa, and like to think She is someone he is now making up that lost time with in the great beyond. Genuine joy and excitement to play with you on future characters.

Lavanya: Definitely Arathis' other best friend. From getting thrown out of your house to how they bonded. Arathis never really confided his weakness in anyone else when he was down... and when he needed it bad, he had his Party Priestess friend that always cheered him up. You are on the list of fantastic RPers that I found so much to learn from and joy in interacting with. I really hope a future character gets to hang with you frequently, it wouldn't be the same if that didn't become the case.

TO THE GAUNTLET:
Man... you guys are home. I am absolutely going to have a character that rolls with you again one day. So many amazing people. This is where Arathis really became his own i think.

Brigs: A bond like no other. We met getting murdered running to Cordor graves for some crises, died together, captured together and executed together. Arathis had a deep respect for Brigs and knew he could always count on you. I will miss being just a bunch of regular guys around the fire in Cordor square with you.

Coralee: I wish we could have gotten more time together. Arathis zoomed off to be General and time zones. Your the standard of what a soldier is. I think She and Arathis would have become close over the shared military/drill/formation interests.

Jach: Your the BIG MAN now brother. Someone that shared the kinship of knighthood with Arathis... as Arathis took that very seriously. Your the standard of what Arathis thought a soldier should be, what Arathis tried to set an example of. I will miss the chats with you.

Dregan: Another person I wish I would have spent more time with. As a follower of Mielikki, I think Arathis would have bonded with her well, and found great comfort with her as a druid. She always had this vibe that made him feel like they were long time friends too.

Rosalie: Arathis favorite person to spend random time with. Rosalie was amazing to hang out with and if anyone can put a smile on his face as he watches from the other side its her.

Tristain: The epitome of a Paladin. Arathis looked up to you a lot man. In battle or in diplomacy, Tristan has such a cool and level head. I can think of no one better to stand as Knight-Commander. To this day, the praise you gave Arathis for standing against the undead knight alone resonates with him.

Denny: Man, what to say here. you where a Brother, in every sense, godfather to Arathis kids, the one that took Arathis pledge, was there for every single promotion he got, includding when he went to take the Commander mantle. Arathis respected you so much that I can't put it into words with enough justice. He stood shoulder to shoulder with you the most in the battle against the void. Up until the end he wore the mask you gave him and wielded the sword you gifted. I genuinely hope we end up on the same faction again one day. Such an amazing person, RPer and crafter of stories.

Loravyre: What a wild and unexpected, but amazing journey. You know oocly more how much Lora meant to Arathis then I can put into words here. From realizing they were kind of on a date in Celestia, waiting for the mid point of an event they missed... to adopting children and everything else. Arathis' one regret in life is Dying before coming home one more time. Another Amazing person and RPer that I hope everyone gets a chance to interact with.

Emma Young: Man... how do I put into words or make an adequate kudos for you. You are an RPer that I hope to match in caliber one day. No one works harder to tell such amazing stories or be so inclusive in them. Arathis looked up to Emma more than anyone else and I hope he made her proud. Their friendship and all of the subtle dynamics in it, where something he treasured, truly in heart. You are also one of the most amazing people I have met oocly and easily one of my most treasured friends made from playing on Arelith. The game would not be the same place, on any character without interacting with you somewhere. The biggest of thankyous for everything Emma did for Arathis and everything as a friend in actual life.

I know there are so many others that I am not thinking of, and please ping me if I missed you. Arathis was a fun and awesome character to play, not because of anything I did, but because of all of you that I had the luck, honor and chance to interact with, and everyone deserves a thankyou for what an enjoyable ride his story was.

Preserver
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Re: Arathis Aurelian, death and KUDOS

Post by Preserver » Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:38 am

There was only a brief time when Arathis and Elspeth interacted much, yet it was fun.
She had the impression he was, at the time, one of the few good people in Cordor; but ALAS, it seems good people meet wicked ends! He will be remembere with love <3 ! Thank you for the effort and the roleplay: Guard Commander is not an easy job.

~ Lladria Sethassiel ~ (Dead!) - ~ Siobhan Gray (Departed!)
~ Elspeth Lynndain (Dead!) - Noasheel Xephrates (Dead!)
~ Yachta - ~ Providence (Dead!)

Snake2512

Post by Snake2512 » Sat Apr 24, 2021 11:01 am

REST IN PEACE

BIG MAN ARATHIS

Denny Lynndain-Walvish, certified rude boy - Rolled
Lysanthir Ellenocen - Shelved
Reznov Willensbane - Rolled
Vald Machjarak - Rolled
Gaderel Anjou, certified lawful good - Active
Rodolfo Duskvale, certified funny guy - Rolled
Ghug Sord - Extinguished

neverwinternightly

Post by neverwinternightly » Sat Apr 24, 2021 11:59 am

Arathis was present for, and drove, one of the biggest defining moments early on in my character's history. Huge props to how that was handled on your end. Kudos to you <3

In Sorrow We Trust
Contributor
Contributor

Post by In Sorrow We Trust » Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:14 pm

Thanks for letting me murder you. It's been awesome to have you with us! I wish i could've met Arathis otherwise. I know he was beloved and way more valued than expected.

Myles Magnus
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Myles Magnus » Sat Apr 24, 2021 2:06 pm

A real knightly badass. There's always more room on Vakur's crew.
"It ain't easy being green." -Gur'Durak

DeepDarkTruth

Post by DeepDarkTruth » Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:10 pm

Arathis was a great influence on Marley in that stage of her life and certainly did help keep her from imploding while pushing her to do the work that needed to be done. He will be missed, both IC and OOC.
"Hey, I don't make the crazy rules, I just twist them to my purpose." - Celia, The order of the Stick.

~~Rachel M'haaren~~ - Strangled by plague elf
~~Sipas~~ - Lost searching for ancient tomes in the sands
~~Marley Goodman~~ - Dead and rotting

Itikar

Post by Itikar » Sat Apr 24, 2021 11:05 pm

I had only some very limited interactions with Arathis, but they were all quite impressive. I cannot comment in detail on the character, but I will say that when even small encounters with a character leave such a lasting and positive impression, the person playing him must have a great talent.

That appearance of Arathis in the Hub seemed really a scene out of a movie.

Well done, really well done.

D4wN

Post by D4wN » Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:53 am

I've known Arathis for so long and have enjoyed watching him develop as a character all the way from novice/recruit of the Gauntlet to General of the Cordor army and subsequently Shieldbearer of the Gauntlet. My character grew so fond of him as I grew fond of you as a dear friend. Thank you so much for all you did and all you were part of. We will miss the BIG MAN a lot. But we will always stay in touch <3

Currently playing:
Thomas Castemont - Active

Liv McDowall - Shelved
Theodor Helbrecht - Rolled
Emma Young - Rolled
Ember Joyleaf-Underfoot - Rolled

Edens_Fall
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Edens_Fall » Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:01 pm

I never had a chance to really RP with him, but it is clear he was well loved and will be missed! Can't wait to see your next PC 😀