Mystia Moonlight's Super Special Kudos Thread

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

magistrasa

Mystia Moonlight's Super Special Kudos Thread

Post by magistrasa » Thu May 13, 2021 1:05 am

Full disclosure: I've had this sitting in my drafts for a while, wanting to post it when I hit level 30, but a lot of miserable nonsense is going on in my life right now that's kinda keeping me from the game. I don't really know when I'll get back to a regular schedule, but I really want to give a hand to some of the people that have made my experience so wonderful. Rest assured, I don't intend to disappear or anything - I'm just completely drained of emotional energy so I'm gonna be running on low power mode for a while. And with all that said...

When I choose what kinds of characters I want to roleplay, I try to turn the experience into a character exploration, in an effort to discover new facets of personality that I want to assimilate and take with me into the real world. Playing on Arelith has really helped me with that sort of journey of self-discovery in the past. Aelif helped me learn to be more confident, Lorelei helped me learn how to come to terms with failure, Nyraxil helped me learn that I don't have to be so embarrassed of myself all the time. Now, coming out of what was genuinely one of the hardest periods of my life, I'm hoping that playing Mystia will help me develop a more optimistic and positive attitude.

The reason why any of these efforts see any amount of success is because of you, the people who I have the distinct privilege of playing alongside. It's through interacting with this living world, filled with so many well-rounded and thought-provoking personalities, that I'm able to explore these characters and take something meaningful from the experience. So, I wanna take a minute to thank some of the people who have made my experience special. And I'll be doing so in alphabetical order, because it's really hard to put so many fantastic people in a hierarchy.
----------
People
----------
Cara Carndt
Our interactions about potential future plans have been hugely invigorating - but personally, what I'm most looking forward to is being able to talk with your character about their unique perspective, and explore more of what it means to be a cleric. I have to admit, Cara kinda flew under my radar for a while there, but one conversation between us made me realize Mystia has only just scratched the surface of what wisdom this character has to offer. I hope that we can learn from each other more as their relationship develops.

Daeran Selladys'variadie
Talking with your character about faith and being introduced to various facets of elven culture through our conversations has been wonderfully thought-provoking. Not only have you inspired new avenues of character exploration, but you've enabled a lot of very fun and engaging roleplay through your character's supporting presence. I'm always impressed by the players who are willing to reach out and give people something new to work with. Thanks for being so inclusive, fuzzy elf dad.

Garrett Kelson & Scarlet Moore
You guys are getting grouped together because, while you're both great roleplayers in your own rights, I appreciate you both largely for the same reason: You're the only people so far who have ever openly disagreed with and challenged my character. I know that takes some courage to do, even in a video game, and I respect the players who are willing to engage in that sort of high-tension interaction. Conflict is supremely important in character development, whether you're talking in- or out-of-character. Thanks for giving me the opportunity to explore the feelings that inspires through Mystia's perspective.

Kaadius Iszerrazar
We haven't interacted nearly as much as I'd like, but the dialogue between our characters is often extremely riveting. You've been a fantastic person to explore questions of social responsibility alongside, and through Mystia's evolving understanding of your character's perspective, there's a lot of very fun and interesting and exciting potential for both conflict and comradery alike. You're one of the people I'm most eager to interact with in the future.

Lugh Suthain
I'm gonna be honest with you, I thought the shaman class was a dumb and redundant concept before we started interacting. You've played with the spirituality of the class in such a compelling way that every interaction with you really feels like I'm listening to the profound insights of a wise philosopher-wizard. Some of the stuff we've talked about in-character has even compelled me to study some subjects on an out-of-character level, so I can say with the greatest certainty that interacting with you has been genuinely inspirational and impacted me in a real-world sense. I really look forward to seeing our characters grow closer with time.

Minstrel
What a witty and funny character, played by someone who is undoubtedly one of the sweetest and most generous people on the server. I'm so glad our characters were able to meet each other - my interactions with you, and their aftermath, have fueled even more personal growth than you have any idea of. I love any opportunity I get to spend time with you!

Remisin Thister
I met you purely by happenstance, and while what happens to our characters may be fraught with conflict and stress, I can't begin to express how thankful I am to have been able to connect with someone so thoughtful and creative and dedicated to crafting a meaningful narrative. Roleplaying with you has been just about the most fun I've had roleplaying with anyone, and I'm constantly impressed that someone who's never played on Arelith before is so good at integrating mechanics into their narrative. Every interaction we have is immersive and engaging and leaves me wanting more!
------------
Factions
------------
Cordor
Alberto Vermicello, Adora Ashallin, Aranzir Amante, Cara Carndt, Dante, Emry Phontain Colt, Gaist Beoluve, Kels Vetian, Lavendra Nightflower, Minstrel, Rakot, Rami, Riza Wraithwaker, Salasker Dusk, Valandil Silverleaf-Amante
This list of names is diverse enough to where I can't exactly say much that's true for everyone here, but at the very least I can say that it's been a genuine delight to share space with so many people who are so often willing to reach out to a stranger and make their day a little more special.

Guldorand
Chaesendra Desmantes, Derristan Barley, Elysian, Ivar Ferdamann, Gwenllian Auburnridge, Samantha Goodman
I haven't spent a lot of time in your company at this point, but the cramped city atmosphere of Guldorand has really produced some talented storytellers. There's a real sense of earnest collaboration here that I've so far thoroughly enjoyed, and it's driven largely by the roleplayers that perpetuate a high standard of quality. I'm extremely impressed by the people here, and I eagerly anticipate immersing myself into the Guldorand lifestyle even more in the future.

House Vasquire
Gwen Beregnor-Springscar, Kaadius Iszerrazar, Kessarin Carmichael, Jach Springrunner, Lavanya Lynndain, Melisine Aubron
The Carmichael Corner Café is a genuine treasure, and the language lessons you guys host every week are a godsend. These people work so hard to create roleplay and help their fellow players, and they've all been extremely welcoming and inclusive to my character from the moment she ever expressed any desire to do anything. Looking forward to the future of this house!

House Rivorndir
Aaralyn Rivorndir, Antoinette Rivorndir
Okay, this is hard, because I've interacted tragically little with either of you, and those interactions have been VERY different between the two of you, so the things I have to say about one would not apply at all to the other. Except in this regard: I like roleplaying with you and I think you are very cool and I really really really want to play with you more in the future.

Myon
Arnis Vana, Daeran Selladys'variadie, Elearnawen, Ephraim Aurelian, Karathas, Nadine, Ninim Adanion, Nyora'yllrria Elle'Evera, Sabiha Tae'le, Syllee Vellewyn
I never thought I'd live to see elves roleplaying in such a manner that I can actually believe they are elves. Wonder of wonders, miracle of miracles. Myon has such a unique culture compared to the rest of the server, it's really interesting to interact with and immerse yourself among them. Mystia's gradual (and still ongoing!) transition from an awkward outsider into more of a natural and eager participant has been a unique journey that I hadn't experienced in roleplay before, and it's been really special to play out all these new connections and relationships with the people here.

The Selûnites
Beatrix [LAST NAME], Chaesendra Desmantes, Gwen Beregnor-Springscar, Gwenllian Auburnridge, Nella Fryar, Remisin Thister, Rhehlein el Heishur, Syllee Velewyn... et al. (God there are a lot of you)
An aspect of Mystia that I wasn't sure how well I'd be able to capture was her devotion to her goddess. It was really important to me that I had some sense of it in the character, because, well, I struggle a lot in my own life with feeling like anything I do has any meaning at all. Being able to explore questions of faith and purpose through such a diverse and well-rounded cast has been a truly inspiring experience, and I can't thank you all enough for offering me your unique perspectives.
------------------------------
Honorable Mentions
Dante & Valandil Silverleaf-Amante
That thing with the accidental fey pact was honest to God the funniest thing I've yet experienced in-game

DM Dionysus
It means a lot to me that you've been so attentive and transparent when I'd come to the DM team with my various irrelevant concerns. It shows that you really care about the community, and I really appreciate it.

Guldorand's Mystery Sharran
You've created an astonishing amount of of roleplay for me by repeatedly desecrating the Lathander altar so I feel compelled to give you a shout out. Keep up the good work and keep spreading the good word! ;P

Hanri
Hands-down best Cadre member, and certified Swell Chap™

Lavendra Nightflower
I don't have a lot to say, I just have really liked our interactions - especially the last one!

Muunokhoi Ovoggui
I really enjoyed our first encounter, and every fleeting interaction since has cemented my opinion that you are a very fun roleplayer.

Nathaniel Brightburst
Go big mode

Thancred Fawke
I really appreciated how willing you were to step out from your circle of friends and try to interact with me. You don't really see that happen too often and that simple gesture was really a highlight of the event for me.

× Career Sharran × MILF Supreme × Artist (Allegedly) ×
Will Trade Art For Groceries Again Eventually

Flower Power

Re: Mystia Moonlight's Super Special Kudos Thread

Post by Flower Power » Thu May 13, 2021 2:02 am

magistrasa wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 1:05 am

Daeran Selladys'variadie

Daeran Selladys'variadie
wtf you spelled the name right twice.

Even I fudge up writing my character's last name.

Mystia is an absolute darling and I wish both her and you the best.

Rohan sends a thousand likes, positive vibes and thoughts to Gondor.

Also is that sticky rice with lemon and horribly undercooked lamb I see illustrated there?
what would fred rogers do?

Edens_Fall
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Edens_Fall » Thu May 13, 2021 1:27 pm

Sadly I have not had the pleasure to RP with your latest PC much, but I always love your characters and the story they bring to the world!!!

PS - I love the discord collage. It shows how much you are valued better then any of my words can express.

Kessarin

Post by Kessarin » Thu May 13, 2021 4:40 pm

magistrasa wrote:
The Carmichael Corner Café is a genuine treasure...
So glad that you've enjoyed it! :)
Come visit the Carmichael Corner Café - located in the corner of Guldorand's town square near the Counting House and Speedy Messenger Service.

• new menu items featured every IG month!
• social opportunities - see and be seen!

magistrasa

Re: Mystia Moonlight's Magnificent Mutton

Post by magistrasa » Thu May 13, 2021 5:06 pm

Flower Power wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 2:02 am
Also is that sticky rice with lemon and horribly undercooked lamb I see illustrated there?

Flower Power

Post by Flower Power » Thu May 13, 2021 7:13 pm

I am both flattered and deeply uncomfortable.

Pavlovian Penguin

Post by Pavlovian Penguin » Wed May 19, 2021 6:18 pm

This ain't it, chief -

Mystia, circa 2021
Delightfully innocent character to interact with. Mystia needs to be protected at all costs and murder elf mom will ride to the end of the world to keep her safe.

But if she breaks mom's heart that's okay too.

Party in the forest at midnight

Post by Party in the forest at midnight » Sat May 22, 2021 5:37 am

magistrasa wrote:
Garrett Kelson & Scarlet Moore
You guys are getting grouped together because, while you're both great roleplayers in your own rights, I appreciate you both largely for the same reason: You're the only people so far who have ever openly disagreed with and challenged my character. I know that takes some courage to do, even in a video game, and I respect the players who are willing to engage in that sort of high-tension interaction. Conflict is supremely important in character development, whether you're talking in- or out-of-character. Thanks for giving me the opportunity to explore the feelings that inspires through Mystia's perspective.
I was so excited to see you in-game again, we barely got to RP before and your RP always seemed so cool, I was so happy to meet and RP. But your character is very openly emotional and symbolic, and Garrett is a methodical robot and sort of a jerk, and just could not relate to her at all.

I'm hoping to be more active in the next month, hopefully we'll get to RP more sometime. Divination is very open ended and there's a lot of ways to RP it and I look forward to seeing what you do. I hope you're having fun!

magistrasa

Mystia Moonlight's Super Short Kudos Addendums

Post by magistrasa » Wed May 26, 2021 12:25 pm

There's honestly a bunch more people I'd like to add to my kudos, but I want to save another big write-up for my next character milestone. That said, there's just a few names that I feel like I simply HAVE to remark on ahead of time. So this isn't going to be quite as comprehensive as my last post, but it'll be a start!

Eli Haarkim
What an incredibly immersive and fun roleplayer. What a fantastic character, too! Eli has been an absolute delight to have as Mystia's partner-in-crime-fighting, it's been sort of incredible to see how well they keep on the same page. He's been a hugely positive influence on my character, and I get excited every time I see his name pop up on the player list. The portrayal of this character is engaging, the way he conducts himself is welcoming and inclusive, and he genuinely has a lot of really interesting things to say! As much as I enjoyed having a playfully antagonistic relationship with your character on my last persona, I feel genuinely lucky to have been able to roleplay with you now under these circumstances. Such a good good boy.

Gwenllian Auburnridge
It's always a distinct pleasure to be part of some new effort to create something amazing and lasting. Not a lot of people have the courage to put themselves out there in that way, and most of the people who do act like they've got it all figured out. Gwen hasn't just excelled in this regard in an in-character level, but the player themself has repeatedly demonstrated an eager and earnest desire to create opportunities for others to shine and share a space for people to meaningfully explore themselves. It's really, really inspiring. I wasn't expecting to join any scholarly societies on this character - in fact, after my last character, I was admittedly sort of hoping I wouldn't! - but seeing Gwen work so hard and keep such a positive mindset about the creation of this new faction proved simply irresistible. I want to help you out in whatever way I can.

Itzal Mayar
It's honestly kind of incredible how well you juggle IC & OOC responsibility while also managing to create opportunities for people to just have fun. It's been an absolute delight getting to know Itzal - he has such a rich and complex personality that's portrayed in such an interesting way, and he has so much style and charisma and charm that it's impossible not to get sucked into his orbit. I'd honestly be content to never speak with you in-character, it's enough for me to just sit back and watch you work. Highly impressed by your performance, you're someone who really gives it your all and it shows.

Jassa
We haven't interacted all that much, but every time we do, I find myself really dwelling on it. There's an understated profundity to our in-character conversations that I've really enjoyed, and I think I really get something out of our interactions that I can carry with me into real life. It's been a pleasure playing as his overly-optimistic life coach.

Sabiha Tae'le
Few things have made me more proud than my counter for how many times I've made you cry IRL because of roleplay. 10/10 I'm gonna ruin you.

Like I said, I want to keep this post kinda short, but before I tie this off... I have a confession to make. Any time I see a kudos thread that doesn't mention an active group of antagonists, I get kinda disappointed. As you can see from both my posts so far, I should be kinda disappointed in myself! Thus, I feel compelled to apologize for not having engaged enough with The Enemy to have been meaningfully impacted by any evil influences. Rest assured, villains - I wholly intend to rectify that in the future!

magistrasa

Re: Mystia Moonlight's Super Short Kudos Addendums

Post by magistrasa » Thu May 27, 2021 6:21 am

magistrasa wrote:
Wed May 26, 2021 12:25 pm
I feel compelled to apologize for not having engaged enough with The Enemy to have been meaningfully impacted by any evil influences. Rest assured, villains - I wholly intend to rectify that in the future!
Jesus Christ I wasn't expecting that to happen so FAST

Pavlovian Penguin

Post by Pavlovian Penguin » Sat May 29, 2021 3:15 am

magistrasa wrote:

Sabiha Tae'le
Few things have made me more proud than my counter for how many times I've made you cry IRL because of roleplay. 10/10 I'm gonna ruin you.
I see you're trying to break Sabiha's heart. I had a feeling it would come to this.

You have my full support in this endeavor, 10/10 destroy her heart and make me cry more in the process.

AddledPunster
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by AddledPunster » Sun May 30, 2021 11:21 pm

magistrasa wrote:
Gwenllian Auburnridge
It's always a distinct pleasure to be part of some new effort to create something amazing and lasting. Not a lot of people have the courage to put themselves out there in that way, and most of the people who do act like they've got it all figured out. Gwen hasn't just excelled in this regard in an in-character level, but the player themself has repeatedly demonstrated an eager and earnest desire to create opportunities for others to shine and share a space for people to meaningfully explore themselves. It's really, really inspiring. I wasn't expecting to join any scholarly societies on this character - in fact, after my last character, I was admittedly sort of hoping I wouldn't! - but seeing Gwen work so hard and keep such a positive mindset about the creation of this new faction proved simply irresistible. I want to help you out in whatever way I can.
:oops:

I think this is one of the nicest things that's ever been said about my RP, but what really I wanna say that I feel like Gwenno wouldn't have made as far as she has without Mystia there to help her. Likewise I feel the same about myself with you about as a player with good experience in this sorta thing; I really cannot stress how much I value your input on an OOC level, and how much your support with this has helped me feel confident with myself going through all of this.

I dunno what else to say other than I'm really glad you decided to start pallin' around with Gwen.

Previously Played: Cheryl Garrio, the Rat Witch of Guldorand. Gwenllian Auburnridge, Spelljammer enthusiast.

magistrasa

Mystia Moonlight's Level 30 Celebratory Kudos Thread

Post by magistrasa » Sun Jun 06, 2021 4:20 pm

Everything happens so much.

Level 30 has been achieved, which means I finally get to start roleplaying! It's been a long journey with the character so far, but most of the people who interact with her know that Mystia's story is only just beginning! I want to take another moment to thank all the people who have made the experience so special, and spread a little love around.
----------
People
----------
Hlarnoth Surdyn
A genuinely imposing villain, phenomenally played by someone with a true and earnest desire to make interesting and engaging stories for others to enjoy. I'd heard a lot about Hlarnoth before I was afforded the distinct pleasure of sharing a room with him, and was totally unprepared for the sheer depth and quality of interaction that the character is capable of. I'm beyond grateful for our chance encounter, and am looking forward to future conflict!

Karathas
Some people are just meant to be leaders. Karathas is an inspiring presence within Myon's community, and it's been a pleasure to interact with the character from pretty much the first encounter we ever had. Every line is delivered thoughtfully and meaningfully, and every act seems done to create opportunities for others to grow and shine. It's been lots of fun cultivating our characters' dynamic, and I'm excited to see how it develops in the future!

Kyari Gaelaith
Boy is this a friendship with some baggage. It was one hell of a way to be introduced to each other, but I've found all of Kyari and Mystia's interactions since The Incident to be incredibly sweet. Kyari is an endearing character whose struggles are portrayed in such a sympathetic way, all while acting as a player who is welcoming and inclusive to others. You've been an unexpected delight, and I'm glad we happened to meet each other!

Lysanthir Ellenocen & Nylaathria Willowmoon
It takes a lot of guts to play a hero who's perceived as a villain, and you two have shown remarkable grace in how you've handled your unique position. Everything these characters do has fostered the kind of tension that people really stand to grow from, and consequently sparked a lot of character development for a lot of people - Mystia included! All the while, these characters show a lot of personality and remain thoroughly enjoyable to interact with, and I just think they're a couple of swell chaps. They're not cool though, dear God not in the least, I've never seen such dorky little goobers in my life.

Naexi
Our character's interactions really kick-started a lot of intense personal reflection in Mystia, and she's not the same person that she was before they met. Being able to do that, and being willing to reach across the alignment divide to foster those kinds of strange and unique relationships, is something I deeply admire in a villain. And, well, any player really! I really appreciate the time you've set aside to just be part of Mystia's story.
------------
Factions
------------
The Aetherium
Caenfyddel, Chaesendra Desmantes, Cirilla Silverflame-Finnegan, Gwenllian Auburnridge, Myzzrin Brightburst
I kinda touched on it in my last post, but I cannot overstate my excitement for this new faction. We've got a great group of scholarly roleplayers lined up, and I cannot wait to see how each of our little projects all come together to create fun and engaging storylines for the people around us. Again, extra special kudos to Gwenllian Auburnridge for being such an enthusiastic mover and shaker - it's no small feat to wrangle together a group of like-minded individuals, and you've done a fantastic job thus far!

The Carmichael Corner Café
Kessarin Carmichael, Melisine Aubron
I know I sort of sent my kudos out for this group once before, but it bears repeating: This is such a wonderful bustling hub of roleplay that's created so many opportunities for people to meet and get to know one another, and I am simply beyond impressed with the love and dedication the players responsible for running it have put into the idea. It's really taken on a life of its own, and watching it grow from a table out in Cordor to a whole building in Guldorand has been truly heartwarming to witness. You guys have a lot to be proud of.

Clan Selladys'variadie
Daeran Selladys'variadie, Prellia Aemaris, Rith'ellan Arvanyr, Sabiha Selladys'variadie
Man, y'all so nice. Whether IC or OOC, you've always been around to give me or Mystia a helping hand. Meeting you all has been one of the luckiest (and certainly the most formative) experiences I've had on the character, and I'm pretty sure I'd be having a lot less fun if it weren't for our interactions. You guys are great!

The Reavers / The Lambent Dawn
Etmn, Hlarnoth Surdyn, Holly Holtz, Horun, Naexi, Tamaris, Theodore Helbrecht, Vidryk
Most of my interactions with this group have been periphery - merely experiencing the rippling effects that come as the aftermath of their great wave that crashes upon the status quo. Even that would be enough to give kudos for, as it's just great seeing how people react to some of the things you guys start up, and it's a true testament to the profundity of your roleplay that even those that aren't directly involved with your schemes are still affected by them. Alongside that, the direct interactions have all been simply phenomenal. Every one of you that I've seen in-game have such memorable and unique personality to your character, and it's been a genuine delight interacting with some of you OOC as well. I like you guys, keep being great.
Honorable Mentions
Alexey Sova
I feel like our characters are friends just waiting to happen - but alas, fate pulls us apart at every turn. Every time you send me a messenger I'm neck deep in nonsense, and every time I send you a messenger you're offline! Still, the interactions we've shared so far have been fun and exciting, and I can't wait to develop our characters' relationship more.

Elric Kel'ro
I'm so glad you're back!! You were one of my favorite people I came across back when Mystia was still a wee teen-level, and I always felt bad that we didn't spend more time together. Looking forward to catching up!

Greyson Stringer
One of the most fun bards I've ever come across, and one of the few people that's managed to make Mystia cry! Looking forward to seeing more from you - keep being awesome.

Vasher
I've really enjoyed the few interactions we've had so far, you're a pretty cool dude and I'm genuinely eager to get to know you more.

Those Moments That Made Me Laugh So Hard I Almost Died

magistrasa

Mystia Selladys'variadie's In Memoriam Kudos Thread

Post by magistrasa » Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:56 pm

Mystia is Dead
Long Live Mystia

Well, except she isn't actually dead. Just dead inside! Recent events have been a HUGE turning point for the character, and given how significant this period of growth and reflection is for her, I figure it's a good idea to reflect on all the special moments she's experienced and all the important people in her life.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Daeran Selladys'variadie
『Revelation』

"Revelation is sacred. Revelation is a personal quest. It is something you reach after much reflection and searching - not something to be handed over."
Mystia admired Daeran from the moment they had their first conversation. His insight and wisdom were qualities she yearned to cultivate within herself, and in times of crisis, she would think to herself, "What would Daeran say about this?" Though Daeran was so often there for her when she felt like she needed his guidance that it wasn't a question she often felt she had to ask. Our interactions have been hugely influential on the character, and I feel like you have created a lot of fun opportunities for the people around you to explore. The server overall is greatly enriched by your presence in it, and I'm glad that you took the time to reach out to Mystia all those many months ago.

Eli Haarkim
『Peace』

"There is a chance this could stay the same forever, and if it does? You have to learn how to view it under a different light. It cannot be something that you carry as a burden. It has to be seen as one of Her blessings. It /is/ one of Her blessings. For you, as I have said, were shaped to be as the moon itself, sister. The moon /Herself/, even."
Eli had absolutely no business coming out of nowhere and suddenly becoming one of the most important people in Mystia's life, but who was I to stop him? It's incredibly inspiring to me as a person, seeing this character deal with all the lemons life throws at him and still handle it all with grace. If it weren't for the sanctuary Mystia found in his company, I'm not sure she would have developed in the direction she did. It's been heartwarming to see them find strength and encouragement in one another, and how their love for one another endures through all hardship. All this is made better by the fact that as a player, you just have a really good head on your shoulders, and it seems like every action you take is done mindfully and with the intention to make things better for the players around you. Roleplaying alongside you has been one of the most enjoyable experiences I've had on the server.

Gwenllian Auburnridge
『Confidence』

"You asked who to trust, aye? Probably the most important thing that I have learned in my life was that the first, second and third person you need to trust is yourself. Trust others, aye, of course, but trust yourself."
Gwenno has been an unexpected delight, and a treasured friendship in Mystia's life. She's as close as Mystia's ever had to a real sister, and their relationship is such a joy to play out and explore. Their unwavering support for one another, and the way they both express their care and affection, just feel so real and genuine to witness. Through Gwenllian's encouragement, Mystia has been able to grow into herself and find the courage to take on responsibilities that shaped the character's growth. All of this was possible because of the devotion to inclusivity and immersive storytelling that motivates all actions behind the screen. Thanks for being such a positive presence, and I can't wait to see what the future has in store for you.

Itzal Mayar
『Rememberance』

"We must hold such memories dear, for they may come a time when we need them to steady ourselves... Aye, look forward to future joys. She arms us with Her favored weapons, Priestess. Compassion."
The way our characters have interacted over their shared faith have been really character-defining moments for Mystia. And the same can be said of many moments of indirect interaction, where the consequences of Itzal's actions have affected Mystia's life. Itzal has made Mystia's life wonderful and difficult in equal measure, and it's tested how far she's willing to go to protect the people she loves. Those tests have all been extremely illuminating, and your willingness to play such a complex and controversial character have enabled those moments to unfold. What's more is, all throughout whatever's happened, you've always just been such a good-natured guy that's a pleasure to interact with and spend time with. I have fun every time we interact - even if we're stuck on a boat going nowhere! The server is better with you on it, and I look forward to future interactions.

Karathas Morathil
『Perseverance』

"Even if there have been times when this love feels tried and challenges seem great to be our kindest self toward one another, it is true the spirit binds us and brings us fast together despite occasionally perceived cracks."
Really, even though Daeran was technically the first Myon elf Mystia interacted with, I feel like she was first introduced to Myon through Karathas's welcome. She's regarded him as something of a mentor figure, a wise judge of character, a watchful protector that was always present whenever needed. In watching him handle hardship with grace and still come out the other end able to hold onto hope, Mystia found validation for her own optimism. Karathas was the person she knew she could go to when she needed reprieve. And on an out-of-character level, I know that this player is a person I can go to when I want to see a beautiful story unfold. So many times, you've astonished me with your ability to turn something simple and unassuming into an opportunity to explore new depths of character with other people. It's a remarkable skill, to be able to bring so many people together in a fun and inclusive way.

Lugh Suthain
『Reverence』

"The past's gone. Potential's spent. Ain't no turnin' round to find out! So here we are, and here we're goin'. Heh... Life finds a way."
Our chance encounter may very well be the luckiest I ever had. I can't begin to express how personally meaningful I've found a lot of our characters' dialogue, as you capture such a love for life and all its cosmic mysteries. He's got this groundedness to his wisdom that really makes him feel human, and so much of what he says has this understated profundity to it. I can tell that you've really put a lot of thought and research into the ideas that your character shares - there's just so much depth waiting beneath the surface to even the most simple and subtle statements. When we're in a scene together, I really feel like I'm interacting with an actual real-life shaman. I think that roleplaying with you has made me a better storyteller, and a better person.

Miranda Magna
『Forgiveness』

"I thought that everyone deserved a chance at having a home, being accepted, as I was given that chance."
Miranda has had such a subtle influence over Mystia's development, in a way that introduced a lot of meaningful personal conflict and introspection. She's inadvertently been the catalyst to quite a lot of character drama, as Mystia has had to wrestle with whether she can trust others - as well as how well she can trust herself. For all her flaws and all her history, Miranda has been a wonderful friend to Mystia, which has been a lot of fun to explore as her faith in that friendship is constantly assailed. Our characters' relationship was entirely unexpected to me, but thinking on how you conduct yourself as a player, it feels sort of inevitable. You've always been intensely caring and you've always had a knack for bringing people together and making things happen. There's a certain sense of gravity to your charisma, and it's always a delight to find myself in your orbit.

Naexi
『Understanding』

"There's nothing wrong with those myriad sides of a person. As long as they understand them, yeah? People are complex and neat. To only ever be one thing sounds hellish."
The growth of our characters' relationship has been among the most interesting and engaging journeys I've experienced on the server. At first meeting as enemies, then transformating from simmering hatred, to piteous disdain, to empathetic understanding, to trust and connection - and now, Naexi is one of Mystia's most trusted and beloved friends. The organic development of their dynamic has been extremely interesting, and the ways it's challenged Mystia has been about as character-defining as it gets. On top of being a great storyteller, you're also just really funny, and I always enjoy the occasional back-and-forth we sometimes indulge in (especially when it means I get to enjoy your impeccable taste in music).

Remisin Thister
『Compassion』

"I think She also offers that protection to everyone, without malice. To the broken and the pariah, to the forsaken and those who have, by mortal estimate, been deemed beyond grace. I think, for them, it's not the dark they need to hide from... but the dark that, er, hides them in turn. Sometimes, things must be lost. For a greater good, for a later act of compassion - where even losing someone, something, can be compassion in itself."
I will never not be grateful for the fact that we happened to be in the Nomad doing low-level writs both at the same time. It's been amazing to play alongside you, just genuinely amazing. Remisin and Mystia's theological discussions have been among the most thorough and insightful explorations of faith as a general concept that I've ever been part of, and the love they shared has been an inspirational and motivating force for the character that gave her the strength to push forward no matter how difficult life became. His impact on her life cannot be understated. And neither can your impact on my life. You've been a friend to me when I needed it the most, and your kindness and encouragement helped me pick myself up during some really dark periods in the past year. I'm beyond heartbroken that you seem to have concluded that Arelith isn't for you, but I'll always cherish the scenes we shared, and I'll always be grateful that a chance encounter here led to what I think will probably be a lifelong friendship.

Sabiha Selladys'variadie
『Conviction』

"Everyone deserves a second chance - a chance t'be happy, t'learn from their mistakes, t'find atonement. But one - and only one. How much should other innocents suffer just 'cause someone says they want t'lead a good life? Is it a road we can stand by while they walk even if we know how much sufferin' and pain it's causin'? And m'answer is no. I can't stand and watch. Hence - one chance. No more."
Sabiha and Mystia's relationship has always been one of my favorites, even if at times it's been sort of difficult for me to wholly commit myself to. Mystia's adoration and affection for Sabiha blossomed unexpectedly into familial fealty, and Sabiha stands beside Daeran as one of her cherished role models. Through watching Sabiha overcome the obstacles before her with unwavering conviction, Mystia came to understand what it looks like to see someone truly willing to fight for what they believe in. And that's something she found easy to admire, as she seeks to emulate that same confidence and moral assurance. You're also just someone who's really, frighteningly good at playing well-rounded and engaging characters. Any interaction can be made memorable with Sabiha playing a part in it, and as a player, you handle yourself with such maturity and self-awareness that no matter what comes, you're able to make something fun out of it.

Siltrin Salaal
『Prudence』

"This one is... very survival focused. Can be... to the detriment of others. Concepts of.... generosity without gain or... depriving the self for others... are new. But could argue that some... give away too much. Makes survival for... themselves harder."
Siltrin is just a phenomenal addition to any scene. His grounded personality and quiet intelligence supplement most interactions pretty brilliantly, and there's a subtle intensity to him that makes him all the more intriguing. I was honestly not expecting Mystia to get as attached to him as she did. She was frightened by him at first, and would go out of her way to avoid him. But one thing led to another, one bad trip to the Abyssal Citadel and one hilarious encounter with an Azer - and over time they just sort of clicked together. I expect the gravity that draws them together will only intensify with this new arc of Mystia's story, and I cannot wait to see how it unfolds.

Thancred Fawke
『Temperance』

"Some people can't be helped by others, no matter how you may wish otherwise. Some people, can only save themselves. And others, can't be saved at all."
Our scenes together have been unexpectedly sweet, from the very first moment. Thancred is such a fun and interesting character to interact with, displaying all the same virtuous conviction as a knight in shining armor, an archetypical hero with a heart of gold. His tenderness and gentle soul led to Mystia's fast affection, and his stalwart presence has been a source of strength and courage for her in times of need. She trusts him in a way that is different from how she places trust in other people - he's been her shield, and her confidant, and help when help was wanted. I think this relationship will see the most development going forward, and I can't wait to see what results from their future interactions.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

There's so many other people worthy of kudos that I've interacted with on the character - Tove, Varelas & Nevve, Theodore, Providence & Tatyana, Mathilde, Prellia & Rith'ellan, just to name a small sample of some of the incredible storytellers on this server - but this post here is just to highlight some of the most personally significant characters to Mystia's story, and how much I appreciate having had the opportunity to be influenced by them.

Here's to all our happy memories, and to the future we share.

Flower Power

Post by Flower Power » Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:58 pm

<3

magistrasa

Suru'linath's Shelving Kudos Thread

Post by magistrasa » Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:09 pm

Hey guys, not typing a novel for a pleasant change. Due to a profoundly terrible IRL situation, I'm going to be stepping away from the game for at least two weeks - and beyond that, indefinitely. I don't really have the energy to thank people individually, but I just want to share my appreciation for the people here as a whole. The past few months I've been part of the community, I've experienced so much joy and forged so many friendships and been touched by so much artistic inspiration. It's been really, really great, and I want to thank everyone for the opportunity to explore myself through the stories we've shared. I don't know when (or if) I'll be back, nor do I really know if I'll be playing the same character when (or if) I do. I'm sorry I couldn't give this story a fulfilling resolution.

I hope that I can come back soon, and find a better place when I return. In the meantime, thanks for all the memories.

Sundial

Post by Sundial » Wed Aug 04, 2021 2:27 am

I wish you the best. It's hard to know the impact we have on others, especially in a place like this, but I hope you take the assurance that many took joy in your stories and art through these tougher times ahead.

Ekrid Aulanther
Tashtego
Isak Kerringar
Huemacoatl