Kobold Kardz

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

LichBait

Kobold Kardz

Post by LichBait » Sun May 23, 2021 2:06 am

Thoroughly enjoyable!

Current
Ayiesha Dahyarif
Ilphaeryl Xun'viir

SilverSnake
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Re: Kobold Kardz

Post by SilverSnake » Sun May 23, 2021 2:53 am

The whole event felt like a one giant KUDOS thread to the whole UD . Thank you Synk! Synk is bestbold!

neverwinternightly

Post by neverwinternightly » Sun May 23, 2021 3:38 am

The effort put into this event is wild and did not go unnoticed! Making all the flavorful Andunor cards (written in "kobold" at that), holding tests prior to BALANCE those cards, establishing rules, and then providing entertaining and helpful commentary during the matches. Kudos!

In Sorrow We Trust
Contributor
Contributor

Post by In Sorrow We Trust » Sun May 23, 2021 3:45 am

I'm sad I missed it. I love what Synk does and I really want to try and participate more in the cards.

Itikar

Post by Itikar » Sun May 23, 2021 5:13 am

In Sorrow We Trust wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 3:45 am
I'm sad I missed it. I love what Synk does and I really want to try and participate more in the cards.
The finals will be the next day at the same hour! Hopefully you can make that. :)

As for the event itself, as Silversnake said, it is a magnificent and funny way to give a wonderful kudos to the whole Underdark. The various cards embodied the characters they were devoted too, like Lavok, Drik, and especially Gorehound.

Thank you for all this Synk, and to everybody who took part in the tournament, bringing these cards to life.

You are all amazing. <3

Tyro

Post by Tyro » Mon May 24, 2021 12:27 am

It went pretty well! Congrats to the winners, hope everyone had fun. And in typical Andunor fashion, there was even random violence! Special thanks:

* Luper - generous prize donations. Best former red human neighbor.

* Lal'jra Oss'rimm - helping with setup, reminding peeps of rules, playing to win, all while rp-ing really well

* Ssunat Shadowclaw - agreeing to the tutorial game to help peeps learn, stellar rp, and that intense fourth match with the Drikster!

* DM Wraith - the impromptu particle effects. Guess it's canon Kurtulmak (or some other unknown power) enjoys kobold-made card games now.

Drik Shadowclaw Kobold Kards champ 2021!
Davei "Synk" Glumgum - World Serpent Inn resident
Papin Hueh - laid to rest with his kin
Allister Odeus - put down by a good man
Allister Odeus's son - redeemed, made the best of his new life
Soethe Sai'tar - sailed back to Durpar

Edens_Fall
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Edens_Fall » Mon May 24, 2021 1:53 pm

neverwinternightly wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 3:38 am
The effort put into this event is wild and did not go unnoticed! Making all the flavorful Andunor cards (written in "kobold" at that), holding tests prior to BALANCE those cards, establishing rules, and then providing entertaining and helpful commentary during the matches. Kudos!
Pretty much sums up what I was going to say but with more class! Well done little kobold!!

WaldoT

Post by WaldoT » Mon May 24, 2021 5:45 pm

Really enjoyed the event Synk was wonderful as always. I had a fun time looking over the cards and suggesting balance changes in game with you. Especially enjoyed the practice game where you suggested that it was important that Valks would wi..play the game.

JimmyChanga25

Post by JimmyChanga25 » Wed May 26, 2021 3:13 pm

I always enjoy the Synk's events and this one was just brilliant and definitely appealed to my love of cards, so 10/10 would play again. (And definitely not biased from Maknold being meta lol)