spooky art fair

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

In Sorrow We Trust
Contributor
Contributor

spooky art fair

Post by In Sorrow We Trust » Sun May 23, 2021 3:41 am

Just wanted to throw out my collective thanks to everyone who came to the art contest. It was actually my first official public event on the server, and it went better than expected. Everyone who brought a piece and all the attendees helped make it every bit as special as it was. The amount of work that went into these fixtures and items was truly amazing and I was extremely surprised at the results of the auction as well.

I also wanted to give a huge thanks to Noasheel. Without her we wouldn't have had the awesome drink and food items that we did. You added so much with your creativity and I love the different weird things you came up with. I really hope we can make a habit out of showing them to the world, because I think they were some of the most unique ones I've seen.

Here's to more in the future, and as Holly would say: happy killing!

Vittoria Veleno
catch me if you can

Preserver
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Re: spooky art fair

Post by Preserver » Sun May 23, 2021 9:54 am

It was an absolute pleasure to participate!
The event attracted lots of people and developed lots of fun dynamics! Thanks for creating the event and giving us all the setting and background location to have those fun interactions in!

I relish any chance to make cocktail-related puns >:3 !

~ Lladria Sethassiel ~ (Dead!) - ~ Siobhan Gray (Departed!)
~ Elspeth Lynndain (Dead!) - Noasheel Xephrates (Dead!)
~ Yachta - ~ Providence (Dead!)

Whiskey

Post by Whiskey » Sun May 23, 2021 12:18 pm

It was a nice event to go to. Sol'dorls first Art show. Really enjoyed reading it all and seeing what creativity people have. The food and drinks were pretty sweet as well. I'm big on item descriptions and even though 99% of the characters don't ever see what I may eat or drink, I do and it helps the imagination and just feeling that much more like you are there.

I really do want to apologize for me not making my end of the auction/bidding a lot more fun but was running 30 min late for some RL stuff. But it was alot of fun and really glad I went.

Edens_Fall
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Edens_Fall » Mon May 24, 2021 1:55 pm

Well done indeed. I enjoyed reading the art everyone made and the bidding war afterwards for the auction. My only regret is not buying that vile, vile . . . Mirror.

Tyrantos

Post by Tyrantos » Mon May 24, 2021 2:35 pm

It was fun! I am surprised with the turn-out! I thought there would be fewer that would show up. Some really good pieces there!