Big Kudos from Saslae: Some new, some really old.

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

dominantdrowess
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Big Kudos from Saslae: Some new, some really old.

Post by dominantdrowess » Sat May 29, 2021 12:00 pm

New:

Khael'dar: Showed Saslae the way into Guldorand. And Saslae stood in front of her own painting -- which others had mentioned to her several times ... staring at it, and mentioned that she couldn't remember the name of the artist, but she remembered the event and that she had been glaring at Jhaamdath for part of it. It was a good RP, and fun exploring some of the new zones. This trip.. sneaking into Guldorond ... took literally hours. Especially when the sun came up and we had to hide out for a day. <3

"I want to see it, not steal it."

Abyssal Fortress Crew/Raiders: Theo, Hald, Roselyne particularly has been fun to watch her swagger about. This group is a riot and I love that they're actually doing "abyssal" work from the abyssal citadel. I've RPed with some of them before (both as allies and as enemies) and these guys are as fun and funny to RP with as they zing each other's characters back and forth as they are efficient and deadly players mechanically that I wish I could keep up with.. they rebel against authority, do their own thing. Did two dungeons with them, and it was weird to do a dungeon "with proper villains again" after so many years after playing WoW Classic for two years; I basically forgot how to play. I started remembering my mechanics and stopped messing up my flurries by properly timing WW or neutral-sticking after drive-mode.

Deep Legion: Holy Hell this group got big. Good work Arak/Taurus and company. Damn. You guys are everywhere. Orc-bloods representing, and I've met a lot of highly motivated individuals in the Deep Legion so far. Love seein' The Sharps represent. <3

Ilphaeryl Xun'viir: It's been a very, very long time ... since I've seen a blood-thirsty mob awaiting the 'nod of permission' from one person to be unleashed. I, personally, am a little frightened by that power. "Gonne-shy" from it, you could say. Trying to be careful as I come back and just following other people's lead but.. trying to still give them enough 'Sassy-isms' so people know I'm not phoning it in? But.. seeing all the work you do to keep everyone involved? Reminded me OOC, and reminded Saslae IC -very- plainly who is Matron of House Xun'viir, and why Xun'viir has remained together for so many glorious years and it is always delightful and humbling to watch your character work... organizing house meetings, and listening to everyone in detail so there's a central repository for information and coordination from the omnipresent, behind-the-scenes overseer.

'What I inherited was ashes and ruin.'

Charon'sClaw Specifically: It'd feel self-serving if I complimented all of Xun'viir in general ... so I won't here. Just your sheer dedication to the craft, and the community. Thank you for carrying a torch and listening to people who have plans and making everything I've ever seen your character a part of ... bigger without sweeping the people who started them out of the way. Though everyone respects you? I've never seen you try to steal someone else's spotlight - and someday, you're what I'd like to be as a team-mate and faction-leader.

Also, from earlier:

(Everyone left the house in the 45 seconds Saslae was gone! xD)

Sidrax: I -really- enjoyed our conversation in The Table. Jerking each other's assumptions around in a little philosophical sparring match was ... a blast. I'd like to RP again sometime - I am intrigued by your character and his views. Maybe we'll be able to find that way to make what people want to do ... profitable to do. Don't know if we've RPed before, but you're a blast. RP was like 50 minutes long, haha..

CJ: Whether you're playing a paladin warrior-poet, a psychopath drow flesh crafter, or an irreverent Thayvian Knight ... I've always loved your characters - especially the ones that irritated the hell out of Saslae. Thanks for taking hours of trial and error helping me fix a character build that ... I thought I screwed up beyond redemption. Your game knowledge helped me preserve some great RP items and relics of past versions of Arelith that I am really happy to be able to keep and share, and it's fun having Saslae mechanically functional for the first time since I made her rather than just carrying her on as a chore just to keep those important RP things I didn't want lost to history. In spite of her reputation? Saslae's never been a half-functional build before, and it's been a lot of fun fiddling with new mechanics I didn't even know she could even use or fit. <3 Also? You're the one who reminded me rose-tinted goggles on Drow are cool.

Arelith Contributors & Customer-Service Staff: Arelith is feeling SMOOTH and BEAUTIFUL. Oh. My. God. The game flows so well, a lot of clunky things are fixed-- you guys even made it so people could properly spend level 1 skill points in the re-level. You, people, you are geniuses of the highest order and it's legitimately insane the amount of dedication and attention to detail the contributors have committed to Arelith's new zone designs and.. it's on par with reading the legends from The Maur Dungeons. As a former hak-creator? Between zone design, the light show 'escaping the plane of shadow' in the Shadowvar Trade Post? Dis (BAT COUNTRY! People don't even have to -ask- to know your work, you crazy!)? The changes to the Abyssal Fortress, the Guldorond Fortress, the Elven District, balance and mechanics changes-- you guys boggle the mind. 100% top showing. Also? Changes to the crafting system are pretty great ... the double-skill checks, etc. The bulk-orders. As with any massive database like that, I am sure there are weird quirks or bugs -- but I haven't found them yet.

(Although ... Masterly Damask Falchion is 2 steel instead of 1 steel, 1 mithril? :Illuminati:)

Old:

May'riina: You rolled her in my absence, nerd. <3 This is a late good-bye.. But you gave me an idea for a potential finale, someday, with your own. Your character was ... simultaneously one of the most complex, and most simple characters I've ever gotten to interact with. In May'riina? Saslae found something of a kindred spirit ... a person who understood what she was going through, and what she wanted to accomplish, and had very, very similar priorities - even if they had different skillsets. May'riina? Taught Saslae how to chill ... and Saslae's been trying to pass that lesson on to a few others.

"What Drow are -actually- saying in the hub, in Xal'naress."

<3 The Princess May'riina. Saslae had a Critical System Error and she got something in her eye and went to have a private sit by herself after she found out where May had gone from Ilphaeryl. A lot of good times. A lot of silly, ridiculous times. A lot of angry, furious times. A lot of fixing broken fixtures. Thank-you for sharing so much old history with me and my character.

Vance Gravelle: Also rolled while I was gone. Another late good-bye I missed.. I was once quoted as saying:

Somehow the demon himself died as a redeemed, celebrated, tragic hero and sex-symbol, as all great rockstars who once celebrated Satan tend to do... but? You taught me a lot about how to be inclusive of others in my roleplay, Archon - much to CJ's chagrin sometimes, I think. ;) And? how to interact with characters who are your character's enemies. I look forward to putting what I learned on Saslae to work on new toons in the future. As a roleplayer and a faction leader - you're one of the best mentors a person playing Arelith could have and you gave me a lot of ideas on how to steer a mob away from its most destructive impulses and into something beautiful but also intimidating as a villain.

Sydney Harrow: "I know who you are. I know what you want. I will travel to Hell and I will find you."

From the first moment, I met your character.. the formal, pragmatic, irreverent, no-nonsense way your character addressed mine gave me a template for how I wanted to present my own character to others ... and while I've expanded on that? You're a person who's actually scared my character straight on a few occasions ... and give me solutions to my character's own existential crisis ... not through care ... but through understanding and dismissal of pain because of trials, your own character has overcome so many times in her long and very, very complicated history. "Suck it up, solve your problems, and do the job." I wish I had more to add here, but ... your character's bitter grumbles remain Saslae's inner monologue behind the mask.

This mentality is what finally allowed me to figure out the best way to.. have Saslae get past Hatred's Edge, which I think you knew was in the works for a very long time.

Bat Country - OOC specifically: I am literally in -love- with the "Priestess" character in the Dis "Temple" with all the tidbits of infernal wisdom.. but And the complaining Efreeti lady - she is the best and I literally went through all of the dialogues both NPC's had available and wrote half of them down for later use. Your creativity, research, and the roleplayers whose participation in the lore you're -still- channeling from past generations have given Hell, and Dis a character all its own that makes it so much more interesting than I ever thought it could be before I first played on Arelith. Some of these things have also given me incredible character ideas that I even used in table-top, and you seem an eternal fountain of inspiration on this subject.

I legitimately regret missing the flowering of Infernalist play when the new Dis became active but heard cool things.

P.S.: That Efreeti? Makes me want to go to The City of Brass, ZOMG. ; . ;

Everyone who's been welcoming me back: Arelith as a whole
I have gotten so many tells and well-wishes from people whose names I don't recognize (due to new characters, changed account-name memes, etc) that I'm honestly humbled and overwhelmed. I'm just going gentle, settling in and getting my finger back on the pulse. Eventually? My plan is to try a new character and try something crazy and big that, hopefully, will be ... entertaining for different crowds than I usually participate with - though I am certain they'll see the fire-works too; Arelith's hard to keep secrets on.

I don't know everyone's names IC yet, everyone's account names are always different -- there's so much going on, that I forgot I used to literally write -everything- down on note boards and manuals, both in-game and IRL and my inventory is an insane mess at the moment, so I am really just getting back into the swing of things.

If you're not on the list by name? I apologize. Even some of the peeps I've recently RPed with who're MENTIONED here have new names that I've not memorized yet and I've been gone a long time, and Arelith is huge and can be overwhelming with all the moving parts and I need to start writing people's names down again.. (and have begun, today) I love you all, and WANT to spend more time RPing with all of you, haha ... I want you all to know: No, I'm not currently rolling (or planning to roll) Saslae Xun'viir or anything crazy yet. It's been a long time, and I just wanted to get the feel for Arelith's community and NWN's again before I decided to do any off-roading.

Not just here for the nostalgia trip. <3 It's almost 5:30 AM ... and I gotta sleep ... but? Let's do some crazy stuff peeps. I'm committed again, and can't wait to go on more crazy adventures with Dwarf-Smashers, run through tunnels beneath Brogenstien with kobolds, Get Bopped in the head by Deep Legioneers in a tournament, Argue about Table Voter Fraud, run screaming from an army of angry Cordorians, and mumble bitterly about Myon's Spiffy Mythal or whatever else Arelith throws to us for the day. <3

In general? It's just good to be back. Thanks for still existing, Arelith. Coming back surpassed my wildest expectations.

Sindaglin

Re: Big Kudos from Saslae: Some new, some really old.

Post by Sindaglin » Sat May 29, 2021 6:04 pm

Love that you are back
“ Brothers , what we do in life echoes in eternity “
Sindaglin Cu'thalion Sentinel of Myon - deceased
Arak War Chieftan of the Deep Legion -ActiveMain

EnigmaticSpirit
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by EnigmaticSpirit » Sat May 29, 2021 9:37 pm

*mutliple of my past Drow characters give squishy heretical hugs to Saslae*

lordadam12
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Post by lordadam12 » Sat May 29, 2021 10:03 pm

Ah, Good to see you back! You/Sassy were always one of my go to/favorite people on Vuak, It had nothing to do with the large sword either <3
Rolled Characters
Gytha Ulfhilda- Crownbreaker Sin/Cook
Olivia Martin-White Stag Knight
Brynja Grey Axe- Assassin of the Golden Halls.
Vuak Kolpox- Orog Palemaster
Rae'lin Vilaen-First Knight of Myon
Sirin Amalin-First Knight and Black Archer of Myon.

Zan

Post by Zan » Sat May 29, 2021 10:08 pm

You're an absolute delight to RP with, especially since I know have someone else who loves sign language!

Looking forward to many more generally moments and shenanigans together!
Current Char: Khael'dar

"Understanding is a Three-Edged Sword"

Kalopsia
General Admin
General Admin

Post by Kalopsia » Sat May 29, 2021 10:59 pm

You know I've missed our RP.
Welcome back! <3

Skibbles

Post by Skibbles » Sun May 30, 2021 10:49 am

Well dang - if I knew Saslae would be back I'd have left behind a widget, or maybe even a whole doodad, to clog up her inventory with!

Hopefully a simple welcome back will suffice!
Irongron wrote: [...] the super-secret Arelith development roadmap is a post apocalyptic wasteland populated with competing tribes of hand-bombard wielding techno-giants, and strewn with the bones of long dead elves.

So we're very much on track.

matheusgraef

Post by matheusgraef » Mon May 31, 2021 10:33 pm

Love Saslae. Wonder if she killed the artist after posing for so long.

dominantdrowess
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by dominantdrowess » Tue Jun 01, 2021 4:01 am

@Skibbles - There will be NO MORE clogging up of Saslae's Inventory! Woman can carry like 2,500+ pounds and it's still not enough for half the stuff I -want- to keep, but can't!! xD

@Matheus - Saslae would never kill an artist if she knew they were a contributing artist. That's like ... killing the bar-tender. It's just NOT done in civilized society! Saslae's a villain, but even villains have standards!! D: