The Day of Many Cats

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Drogo Gyslain

The Day of Many Cats

Post by Drogo Gyslain » Fri Jun 04, 2021 4:06 am

Thank you for everyone who was a good sport about the strange appearance of many cats across Arelith. From Guldorand, To Cordor, they came like lighting, and left without a trace.

Thank you to Dante, who was the Cat Parade Marshall, leading them forward and onward!

Party in the forest at midnight

Re: The Day of Many Cats

Post by Party in the forest at midnight » Fri Jun 04, 2021 3:33 pm

This is my new favourite bug.

The GrumpyCat
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Post by The GrumpyCat » Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:39 pm

Just as a point - so don't get me wrong - this is hillarious and by my nature I must be 100% in support of More Cats...

That said - using this is considered an exploit, and also makes a lot of lag. So please don't do this in future.
This too shall pass.

(I now have a DM Discord (I hope) It's DM GrumpyCat#7185 but please keep in mind I'm very busy IRL so I can't promise how quick I'll get back to you.)

Drogo Gyslain

Post by Drogo Gyslain » Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:49 pm

The GrumpyCat wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:39 pm
That said - using this is considered an exploit, and also makes a lot of lag. So please don't do this in future.
From what testing I did (for science and memes) after 3 transitions on the 4th transition it basically generated an infinitely spawn of summons that will crash the user and anyone loaded on the same map. It didn't crash the entire server (that I saw) but it's definately enough to spike resource usage and cause dramatic server distress.

That said, My days of infinite 'catting around' are over, and I will stick with my normal tactics and herd the small, server appropriate number of cats from now on.