Time

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

AstralUniverse

Time

Post by AstralUniverse » Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:05 pm

I know we've just implemented the change and that there are still bugs and little things to tweak but.. We made it!

So huge Kudos to all involved. I'm pretty sure this was a hard to do, and required changing some fundamentals in the Arelith engine so really huge Kudos. I have no doubt this change will affect the server's immersion and enable more vivid and inclusive storylines in general. Thanks a lot!
Svrtr wrote:

I've spoken with Kenji and warpriest will be allowed to take elemental avatar so keep this in mind too

LichBait

Time Kudos

Post by LichBait » Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:54 pm

'Nuff said.

Current
Ayiesha Dahyarif
Ilphaeryl Xun'viir

Germain

Re: Time

Post by Germain » Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:03 pm

Serious kudos for all the efforts and work that has surely gone into this! I think it's going to be fundamentally better across the board (potions/spells lasting longer, a better sense of time of scale, etc..). Thank you!
Current Character: Umrae Freth

Previous: Edala Helder, Maethe N'Shee, Elerra Hyluan

LovelyLightningWitch

Post by LovelyLightningWitch » Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:21 pm

This will be a great change for those of us who can only play once a week or so.

No more disappearing for months between interactions like some strange wraith!

Irongron
Server Owner/Creative Lead
Server Owner/Creative Lead

Post by Irongron » Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:39 am

This was a highly complex and time consuming undertaking, and Bat Country deserves enormous praise for making it a reality.

I know some will likely be wondering why we went to such enormous effort to adjust something as cosmetic as the day and night cycle, but it is so much more than that. With full days, nights, seasons, dates and years we can tell much grander tales, age our PCs and NPCs, and give real meaning to the passage of time, something in the past we were forced to overlook.

I'm extremely happy to see this ambition finally realised.

MissEvelyn
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by MissEvelyn » Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:27 am

This is such an amazing improvement and change. I haven't been in-game to experience it, but I can only imagine how great it is to have in game hours be that long. Thank you ❤️

Party in the forest at midnight

Post by Party in the forest at midnight » Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:42 pm

Thank you for making dawn earlier too. I'm glad time has slowed down, it makes aging on an alt less awkward. So far it seems like there've been very few issues too! Thank you very much for all the testing, I'm glad it's going smoothly.

magistrasa

Post by magistrasa » Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:01 pm

As someone playing a moon priestess who likes to spend a lot of time taking nighttime strolls or perform sacred rites under the starry sky, I am seriously loving the time update. The only thing that might make it better is if the times for dusk and dawn adjusted according to the seasons! Longer nights in winter, longer days in summer. That'd just be awesome.

× Career Sharran × MILF Supreme × Artist (Allegedly) ×
Will Trade Art For Groceries Again Eventually

Archnon

Post by Archnon » Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:12 pm

Great update. A real boon to mundanes as well thanks to the duration of buff length. Not constantly chugging potions mid-dungeon. Not to mention all the great RP associated specifically with times of day.

Also, just a quick thanks to Spyre I believe for announcing dawn and dusk hours. Been asking about that for a while for a fun suggestion for an in game book so looking forward to finishing that soon and submitting it!

Emotionaloverload
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Post by Emotionaloverload » Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:20 pm

This change is awesome. Thank you so much for all the hard work on it. It is so great to have time slow down and not have everything feel rushed.

-S
Formerly; Echo Hemlocke-Ralkai, Joshua Colt, Namil Evanara, Elanor Shortwick, Sawyer Brook, Kaylessa Dree, Sines Oliver Selakiir, Birgitta Birdie Swordhill, Bella Weartherbee, Arael Laceflower, Corbin, Rupert Silveroak, Hadi the Slave and others.

Tikin

Post by Tikin » Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:30 am

Huge fan of the way you guys handled that!

Thanks again for all the work :kiss: