Yrian's Time in Skaljard

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

SongSinger

Yrian's Time in Skaljard

Post by SongSinger » Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:43 pm

Hello!

Wanted to shout out some fantastic people from Yrian (the physician) 's time in Skaljard, so many great roleplayers that really had an impact and have truly shone during their time on the frozen cold lands of eternal winter.

WIthout further ado!

Wing Peltin:
One of Yrian's best friends on Skaljard, rowdy and entertaining with a grounded sense of reality while also bringing the spirit of adventure with them. It's never not fun around this character.

Laurien:
One of the more generous souls that made Yrian's life more pleasant as he sought to grow and learn, the crossbow is well loved and well used.

Xanni, the Grey Mouser:
A slippery, tricky halfling that really endeared Yrian to his usually relaxed and anti-violent behaviors, often encouraging him indirectly to carry gold for the intrepid sport to lady be filched at whim. After all- what's a little sport among friends?

Corasar:
One of the most fascinating and fantastic bards to come across, the Ode to Skal was also a fun read (and worth checking on the boards). Unbridled desire to tell stories is evident when you roleplay with them, and it's a passion that is delivered well. Despite their differences, Cora has somehow put up with the bumbling young man.

Beau Boffin:
Despite that you had left when Yrian arrived, the immediate impact of generosity gave the young man a lot to look up to and look forward to.

Swinla/Kaseon:
Cheeky, unabashedly enjoyable, and undoubtedly mysterious, none of you folk better go touching his pot o' gold or you go on his list! I know this player also played Kaseon, and frankly they were ever at Yrian's side though they could never quite figure out what Yrian is up to or about. Who knows? Perhaps they'll discover it one day!

"Mister Wolf" (Elf):
Another of Yrian's best friends, Wolf has persistently been a quiet presence at Yrian's side, but they've swiftly become good companions. This is someone who seems to portray a loner in a way that's also inclusive and fun, and there's always a touch of mystery or wondering what goes on behind the mask- Yrian suspects there is another mask in truth. Just in case.

Nicir:
Another fun elf to have met and delighted in, long talks happened less between Yrian and Nicir, and more so between Achae- Yrian's fey familiar- and Nicir. Nicir's vibrant personality rubs off often on others, and is a brilliant contrast to her usual companion- Mister Wolf.

Aoife?, The Knight:
We've rarely been around each other but when we have it was always enjoyable. The intrepid elven trio of Evermeet wouldn't be complete without the Knight. Really looking forward to more. I just wish I could spell your name properly.

Jacob Kannelwind:
Most would expect priests of Urgolodan to be rather morose, solemn sorts- Jacob flips that entirely on it's head. During his time in Skaljard, Jacob was a wonderful reminder of how positive halflings as a community could be, and offered a rare glimpse at an actually vain halfling healer. Just one step short of doing regular hair-flips, in truth. Really cool.

Shalia, the Panther Queen:
Serving the balance is hard but Shalia certainly offers a perspective on it's absolute wilder side. Fiercely independant and not afraid to speak their mind, their aversion to civilization that hinders the presence of her companions, Blueberry Muffin and Cinnamon Roll, it's always a surprise when Shalia can sit still for longer than ten minutes. Full of energy this one is.

Meyla Darsk:
A fantastic character, whom Yrian treated, befriended and grew close to, Meyla and Yrian's long talks about futures and life were meaningful, deep, and I feel helped grow both characters. A dramatic future awaits!

Serina De Abinet:
Probably one of my favourites in Skaljard, Serina's personality embodies authority and nobility in it's most lawful sense. Yrian was truly impressed and admired Serina, but their paths inevitably had to part when clashing ideologies bloomed in full. I look forward to the next time I get to see more of this character.

Jazarah:
Where there was Serina with her strict and formal approach, there was the Forgemaster Jazarah, whom was more tempered and cool, aloof. An imposing figure, Jazarah none-the-less was a fun character to interact with at all times.

Gallavan:
Truly a great example of an extremist paladin. Crime was to be punished, not rewarded- and Gallavan stood by this principle true. Stubborn, relentless and dogmatic in the pursuit for true law and order in a dark evil place, Gallavan and Yrian struggled to see eye to eye on a few matters- but truly what a remarkable character.

Muun (the Mister Human Wolf):
Your time in Skaljard was thoroughly enjoyable for most involved as far as I could tell, with wares to sell. During the heights of drama, a calming presence and a keen mind was revealed.

Michael Dawnstar:
Entrepreneur and favored, oh how marvelous your sense of fashion is. Honestly Michael is really great to meet and interact with and never really turns down an interaction. Even the weird ones.

Burin:
Your short visit to Skaljard filled the young wizardling not only with wonder, but also earnest enjoyment in life. A brief chat is able to lift spirits, and Yrian was reminded once more how sage the wisdom is of the druids.

Heath and Jora:
It's hard not to include you both in the same post, because frankly you two were almost always together. Jora's brusque and sometimes brash words against Heath's quiet unassuming demeanor reminded often that the stone has many faces, and between Jora's strong arm and Heath's perseverance and support, they could become a pair of mountains.

There are so many more I wish I could remember off the top of my head, but I wanted to get this out as soon as I could. Thank you all for the fun time in Skal and I'm looking forward to more on the main isle of Arelith.
Iyr'varsis - "In a City of Heretics, perhaps I am the most heretical."
Emeryn, 'Archer the Archer' - "You seem a damber sort, let's have a drink!"