DM Avalon

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Thessalian Dream

DM Avalon

Post by Thessalian Dream » Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:38 am

This past Sunday, on the beach just outside the Crow's Nest. An ingame wedding was held. Just before the ceremony started, I began receiving pm's asking me how I managed to get a particular magic circle to become extra sparkly.

I had no answer. I had no idea.

At least not until I got a pm from a DM who made his presence known and asked if I liked the effect.

As it turns out that was just the beginning. Before the ceremony started we got a visit from an Ogre(?) from further down the beach demanding to know what was going on his territory, after all there was a bandit camp just one screen over connected to the beach. And even though he refused an invitation to stay, eat, and enjoy the show he wandered back without incident simply demanding that we clean up after ourselves.

And when the ceremony ended, we got a real treat. A visit by a passing whale.

Though I didn't recognize the whale, some of the older players did. It was Cuan and for hours after the event was over people were talking about how great it was to see Cuan again and reminisced about the past when they had seen him before.

All in all, DM Avalon provided alot of extra spice to the event. Just enough to make it more fun, not so much as to completely derail the event. One might say... perfectly balanced as all things should be. And for this I want to say thanks.

Glowing Mushroom
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Re: DM Avalon

Post by Glowing Mushroom » Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:53 am

Every time AS shows up you know you're in for some fantastic storytelling and guaranteed something to do with magical animals.
Burin the Earthly.

DM Avalon Soul
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Post by DM Avalon Soul » Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:47 pm

Thank you. I saw a large group of people at the event and realized where it was, so I figured I'd add a little something and I am glad it was enjoyed!
"How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his brother. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame; for one person, in the dark, where no one will ever know or see. " -- Sebaestian, Babylon 5

Gideon DeVay

Post by Gideon DeVay » Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:54 pm

I am a huge Avalon Soul fan. A fantastic storyteller and all-around good person.
"Yog don't think Beat Up Guy know how dogman work."

Evelynn Longbrooke-rolled uncermoniously
Drakas Austraxas, The Quiet Fury