The End of Arthor'

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Bunnysmack
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

The End of Arthor'

Post by Bunnysmack » Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:49 am

The fiend-blooded, cannibalistic, nihilist, priest of Demogorgon has finally met his end. I'm a bit sad to see him go, but very happy with the manner in which he ended. BIG thank you to DM Snowcat for helping me create an explosive and violent ending to a character that was always made to be a reflection on bloodthirsty nihilistic hedonism. Arthor' began as a cleric of Malar, but quit the Beastlord because he was too tame for Arthor's preferences. I always enjoyed the reactions of people when I explained that both IC and OOC, so I figured it deserved one final mention here :lol:

The primary three people tied to Arthor's story were Lynessa, Minta, and Nataliya. Each in a very dramatic way. I loved collaborating with each of you to form dramatic conflicts, and all three of these players deserve a round of applause for ALL their RP when I had the privilege of playing with them.

SO many people to mention, I am incredibly sorry if I fail to give anyone proper kudos, but I'm hoping you all will at least fall into the broader category groups I'm about to list:

Skaljard
I always love a season of Skal to develop a new character among other new characters. This time around was a fun twist of having him meet lifelong friends AND enemies while seeking worthy sport at and around the frozen fishing village. Lynessa became his long-time partner in crime here, Minta became his constant foe, Tizetch was an ever present annoyance that only grew more pronounced later on, and Granny Stabbums became the surprisingly amazing kindred spirit in the midst of everything. All these people, and many more, helped me fully flesh out my character which is always the part I most struggle with when creating a new PC.

Underdark
Amalie, Arak, the Deep Legion, House Xunviir, and a number of other people Arthor' made contact with in the dark city below. Thank you for the various interactions as he worked to learn undercommon, prove he was a like-minded individual, and earn a writ of passage to hang around people he saw as fellow predators. Even the handful of people Arthor' got in fights with, you guys were all good sports, and thanks for that!

Void Cult
The Cult, when Arthor' first joined, were the boogey men and women of Arelith, and the first organization to really win Arthor's supplication and devotion. He would only recognize truly superior predators above himself, and he definitely found that in Pontiff and Sojournor right off the bat. I always intended Arthor' to work as a low-rank thug, never a mastermind, and they provided the venue to do that fantastically. Quirina's excitement over Arthor's mindset and tail was always a welcome sight, and running around with Taric or Dusk to stir up trouble was always zany and fun. His interactions with Herald were limited but incredibly enjoyable and he ADORED spilling blood alongside a kindred soul as her. Lynessa and Arthor' joining together and becoming part of the that shadow-family really helped answer the question of "but where will we go after Skal...?" Special shout out here to Penthos, for really creating RP for Arthor' in all of this. He oversaw his interview, initiation test, and then proceeded to give him kill contracts that took a fairly in depth degree of difficulty and planning to pull off (not ONLY assassins can make a career of getting money for murder, after all!)

Surfacers
Thank you to the Banites that played along with Arthor's occasional philosophical debates-turned-homicide. The Sencliff pirates he interacted with in both good times and bad. Lefric and his team investigating Arthor's pet project. Devon, Alberto, Riza, Darion and several others for a fantastic fight in Mercantile that did NOT go well for Arthor': that was a blast, thanks for being gracious victors there. To whoever called out Arthor' on the Cordor board, good job, I loved your short and flippant reply!

Final Events
Thank you to all involved in the final send off. To Zuri and Arhalie for being extremely gracious and sporting victims. To the [REDACTED] for agreeing to help in the pre-ritual diversion (you guys know who you are ;) ). To the response team that came to face the victims and demons of Arthor' and had a ferocious battle with him across the Farmlands, and gave me PLENTY of time to share some intense dialogue with the heroes prior to the PvP hitting the fan. To Waynolt-n-company for their chivalric arrest of the mad cultist. AGAIN to DM Snowcat for making this all happen. To everyone involved in his final prison scene: Thank you so much for taking the time to have that final interaction. The range of mindsets, and alignments in that room was amazing and it was truly a great time RPing with every single one of you. Caenfydel's stoicism in the face of tragedy is worthy of special recognition from this part.

To anyone I missed, I'm sorry, so many great interactions, so little space to regale it all. I will say this though: To all of Arthor's many victims, know this, he DID receive a very poetic form of punishment at the end. Can't spoil the details there, but know that he finally stopped laughing when his final death was at hand :shock:
Last edited by Bunnysmack on Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
"You're insufferable..."
"That's not true! I can totally be suffered!"

DM Snowcat

Re: The End of Arthor'

Post by DM Snowcat » Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:53 am

Always glad to see PC's killed after playing with them like a prey bird. :')
"Just want to remind everyone when talking about anything involving DM workload as if it's an easy thing, we have 153 players per dm." - Garrbear
[When Arelith goes down, only one Hero remains] Artistic Rendition (By LavaCookies)

BronxFury

Post by BronxFury » Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:08 am

Arthor' was one of the few people Granny ever actually enjoyed across her years on the isle. Seeing him grow from a whelp into a truly terrifying predator is something she considered an honor to experience. Kudos to you for bringing such a great character to life and sowing Chaos on the Isle. <3
Current: Myzzrin Brightburst (Young, Fun and Full of Hugs)

Former: Granny Stabbums (Just a Sweet Ol' Granny...)

Subtext

Post by Subtext » Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:10 am

When it comes to villains and conflict RP, I've grown always a bit wary over the last years for a multitude of reasons.
But I'm happy that in this case, I can just say that it's been a blast having to deal with this sadistic and insane piece of rothe dung ;)

Big bloody kudos to a character (and the player behind) for kicking off a truly grimdark and immersive story...and giving Nataliya a bit more to think about than she'd like to admit.

Also thank you for that ending and allowing for that come-uppance to happen as it did ;)

Pavlovian Penguin

Post by Pavlovian Penguin » Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:13 pm

Interacting with Arthor' was always a joy. I enjoyed every single interaction with him and all the shenanigans he and Gem got into. You as a player are fantastic at making situations that feel antagonistic and tense IC but are still fun OOC for all parties involved. Arthor' was absolutely terrifying IC, but your willingness to give concessions to other parties made him a real joy to work with.

Tails will be missed!

Lycan

Post by Lycan » Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:04 am

I encountered Arthor on two different characters and he terrified both of them. A really well played villain that drove story lines and motives for alot of people.
Grayson Stringer
Edwyna Fallows
Eduardo Dragoon
Evan Devlyn (Aldred Whistler)