See Ya Arelith, It's Been Fun

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Tyro

See Ya Arelith, It's Been Fun

Post by Tyro » Sun Jun 27, 2021 5:29 am

After six years ingame years, Synk's finally been rolled and all my characters' stories are wrapped up.

Quitting Arelith 'cuz real life duties, but had a blast. Will try to thank everyone he met and rp'ed with since the last thread.

Synk - the manchild kobold ex-prison convict

1. Adelyn Bellerose - Due to Synk being traumatized shortly after we met, we did not rp much after our initial encounter. But thankfully, down the road we got to interact during a few of the things he organized! Hope the peeps that represented you at the culture minister events thoroughly enjoyed themselves. Since I was a noob, I do not know if I handled our conflict rp the best. Didn’t start honing that until Ultra-Trog came around, and I wasn’t sure if me disappearing for a vast period of time because of an IC reason was very fun. So sorry if it came off as standoffish. :(

Oh, and there were also a few memorable one-off meetups like our Arcanum balor adventure and that brief sewer chat. Glad those worked out. Keep doing what you do! I know you work hard to generate rp for others above and I definitely appreciate it. Plus, all the hard work you do preserving literature at the Arcanum.

I give this gal 5 meticulously detailed history books of out 5.

2. Smurg - We only knew each other a small time, but you broke his heart. He never forgave himself for losing you, and by the end of their relationship he was beginning to believe a heartbreaking mercy killing was the best he could do to help you.

I give this guy 5 teary-eyed pillow smotherings out of 5.

3. Roxxi - You, the Drikster and I had some super interesting philosophical discussions! I was amazed you had a surprisingly high opinion of my 8 wisdom kobold’s views on life. But of course, our most memorable moment will be his mission with you to storm Cordor and rescue his old “elf tongue student” that “bads” were “hurting.” Didn’t exactly go as planned, but glad you were there.

It was great seeing you at a few of his culture minister events going forward. It’s a shame our main reasons for rp-ing together sort of fizzled out, but at least we’ll always have our shared hatred of kobolds hunters.

I give this gal 5 masterful disguises out of 5.

4. Gregor Blackbreath - I really enjoyed seeing how our history together evolved. And hey, Synk got to tell his tribe he knew someone famous due to our long-lasting relationship and you moving up in the world! Those multiple attempts to haul your body to the half-breed camp for a proper burial paid off for sure.

I really enjoyed our rp during the battle in the Petrified Forest, our sea shenanigans, and that one time we managed to go somewhere I probably shouldn’t have been but somehow survived due to being incredibly “fateful.” Guess my brilliant disguise “Knys” fooled the kobold hunters.

I give this guy 5 fantastic voyages out of 5.

5. Ravena - Cool pirate pal. You + Gregor made for a nice duo on our ship trips, and seeing you in Sencliff every so often always brought back good memories. We didn’t rp much when there wasn’t commotion on the ocean, but I always appreciated not being eaten.

I give this gal 5 massive bird flocks out of 5.

6. Zarrak Shadowclaw - Our dragon worship rp was my funniest Arelith moment. So much happened that made it comedy gold. The random bystander that observed our ruse but mercifully never spoiled anything (likely due to shock / trauma), the fact I wasn’t called out for my 0 bluff disguising skills, and Synk’s “quick” thinking skills to try and diffuse the awkwardness of someone unexpectedly being there. We never ended up following that up which was a shame, and we didn’t get to rp more apart from that. But hey, that one event was a laugh riot and unforgettable.

I give this guy 5 Broadway-tier acting performances out of 5.

7. Herald - is Herald! Synk’s 8 wisdom didn’t exactly make him the greatest candidate for embracing your religious views, but I super enjoyed listening to them. One of my biggest regrets is that our rp never got followed up after happenstances below due to schedules not coinciding. :(

Just a super talented rp-er and excellently written character who always had interesting things to say. Taught Synk how to fight again after he began unlearning his old prison habits. Very bad idea on his part to try and brawl in the burning shores alongside you at that point, but hey - 8 WIS. He learned almost everything he knew about the Shadowplane from you, and it inspired his (entirely wrong) research the rest of his life. Particularly, his laws of shade chair behaviors.

I wish I’d gotten more chances to rp with your peeps as well. Hemocoatl dripped awesome and due to unforeseen circumstances, his interaction with me wasn’t followed up by the rest of the tribe. But I always cherished our writ chats and Arcanum conversations. Synk still wonders what happened to you to this day.

I give this gal 5 primetime airings of her own Andunorian cooking show out of 5.

8. Luper – his old neighbor he could casually talk to about his kobold hunter problems. We didn’t have too many in-depth moments, but not every relationship needs them. Still, I could tell that your character had an interesting history and it would have been cool to learn more about them. The interactions we did share helped Andunor feel more alive and your support of his culture minister efforts did not go unappreciated. Many thanks there!

I give this gal 5 best red human nominations out of 5.

9. Chenizra - Another character whose rp path did not often intersect with mine. Maybe that’s for the best, because they gave off the air of an all-powerful drow matron and if they were meeting with me I’d expect to be having an unfortunate accident soon after. Definitely got the Palpatine vibes, super talented rp-er that skillfully managed a drow house of colorful characters. Also was instrumental in promoting Synk to culture minister status alongside Schezalle, a groundbreaking moment in history for kobold rights.

I give this gal 5 “I am the senate” declarations out of 5.

10. Schezalle - Our most in-depth moment was the aftermath of the failed Cordor rescue, and it was powerful. You had a super commanding presence of deeply deserved respect, so adjusting my behaviors and seeing you as the “All-watcher” of the Arcanum was quite enjoyable. You were also very supportive of his research such as it was, so hopefully the tidbits he left behind will be of value to someone. Surely another Magic Color Theory believer will pick up where he left off and research pink, orange, and yellow magic.

I definitely wished we’d gotten to do a culture minister event together, but our schedules were just too different. Would have been a blast no question.

I give this gal 1 first name I can remember, 2 more I never can, and a well-earned “first keeper” (2) title out of 5.

11. Sata Ivachi – Your experiments were amazing! You truly breathed life into the Arcanum and I’m sad you weren’t able to stick around for Synk’s Shade studies (though given how inaccurate they were, it might have saved your sanity.) Our trip through the Cloaker tower and getting lost in the Lowerdark was something else.

I give this guy 5 incredible expeditions in the name of science out of 5.

12. Arlios Freth - Never rp-ed once, but got a legit drow noble vibe from you. The one lecture Synk sat through with you gave him a good feel for your character. They seemed fleshed out an made the Underdark feel all the more real, for sure.

I give this guy 5 greeted citizens out of 5.

13. Garmic Grumblemantle – one of the first duergars he met in Andunor back when he thought his heart thoughts meant he needed to find a wizard. We didn’t rp after that until our language lessons and a few profitable Anguillan delves, but your elderly researcher rp was perfect. Synk never forgot the books you made and gave to him for use as a “fellow scholar.” I even included a reference to it in his new character bio after he took his four claw oaths and rededicated himself as a knight of Kurtulmak.

I give this guy (at least) 5 obscure spoken languages out of 5.

14. Vierna Xun’viir - Best drow playwright, hands down. All your events were enjoyable, well-coordinated, and chock-full of unexpected twists. I never got to witness your final performance, alas. :( Your penultimate play was so good, I even wrote a review of it on Ultra-Trog where he implied he’d lobotomize any critics. Mega talented rp-er and fun, fun character.

I give this gal 5 rave reviews out of 5.

15. Zokap Shadowclaw – Another on the “I sure wish we’d rp-ed” more list. Your take on [redacted – your in-game class] is unique and refreshing. We got to sit in a few Arcanum meetings and whispering fellow kobold things to you was great.

I give this guy 5 brought storms out of 5.

16. Ovarr Gravelgut – Started off shouting at each other, then you were shaking his hand (claws?) I guess Synk just has 42 charisma through sheer rp. Oozed personality, especially during a very tense confrontation at one point in Andunor’s history. Enjoyed seeing you walk about down there and appreciated the effort you put into his dialect. Top duergar material.

I give this guy 5 scathing goblin-delivered roasts out of 5.

17. Jek Shadowclaw - at first, we mostly got to rp on Ultra-Trog. And to be fair, that unanticipated corpse cloning incident was pretty great. But I’m glad after a while our kobolds finally got some backstory and deep convo time together.

Having more down to earth interactions like that was really enjoyable. Oh, and definitely had fun participating with you in culture minister events and talking about why Synk felt he needed to do what he did in the end. Solid rp-er and brobold.

I give this guy 5 drug-induced fireballs out of 5.

17. Tchezi Shadowclaw - a fellow Kurtulmak loving bold of culture. Your poems are great, and though we didn’t get to go on too many shared adventures the few we had were memorable. Keep on performing and bring kobold culture to the masses. Your parting gift will be forever treasured.

I give this guy 5 stolen furnishings definitely worth more than 1000 coins out of 5.

18. Ssunat Shadowclaw - stellar rp-er and a big help with some of my culture minister duties. Really appreciate everything you did to make Kobold Kardz such a hit, genuinely couldn’t have done it without you.

I give this guy 5 new co-culture minister endorsements out of 5.

19. Ghe'ko - Our storm giant discussions were super enlightening (hue hue hue.) Thanks for those skull coin farming trips and the rp that went along with it. Had a ton of fun with ya, and hope you got some use out of that spare book of mine.

I give this gal 5 frame-dropping summon swarms out of 5.

20. Burin - Immensely enjoyed our solitary meeting, it was some nice conflict rp. Given our radically different upbringings and values we were never going to see eye-to-eye, even after hearing your side of the story. But hey, we stuck to our guns and I'm glad the reason for our meeting at least got some recognition / followup (it'd been deprioritized due to craziness in Andunor around the time Synk learned who you were.)

I give this guy 5 terrible druid puns out of 5. Total druidbro. He really groves on you. And uh... three more you can torture yourself imagining.

Alt Kudos

Soethe Sai’tar - the Durparian half-orc marine zoologist with a kuo-toa obsession

1. Tera Meyne - someone he definitely had fun talking with and was glad to encounter after his brief departure from of Skal. Bouncing philosophies and “jokes” (such as he could make) off you was super enjoyable! Despite being stone-faced, he definitely had a crush on her which I’m glad didn’t work out given how diametrically opposed their views on law and society were. I never got the chance, but you were one of the ones he had planned to reveal his secret to before he had to be stopped. Specifically, that he was a closeted religious fanatic whose research’s end goal was harnessing the kuo toa’s reality warping psionics to create his own god - the Nescient One - becoming their avatar, and using their power to undo civilization and mankind’s capacity for reason beyond animal instinct. All in all, super talented rp-er.

2. Elathion - another awesome fellow who got to see Soethe unearth the kuo-toa specimen he’d been searching for tirelessly. Never had a chance to follow up on that plot or the other we talked about in Cordor, but I was intrigued and would have loved to help out. Their views were pretty different, but Skal just has a way of bringing together unlikely allies for the sake of great stories. Fantastic rp-er with a really cool backstory and very inclusive.

3. Enryk- the first guy he’d end up continuously rp-ing with on Skal, couldn’t have asked for a better pal to beat up bullywogs with. Who would have thought a stoic, university schooled half-orc paired with a ladies’ man thief would work? Had a lot of fun little moments with you around the campfire, glad you also got to witness me digging up the frozen fish baby. You + Elathion were certainly bros and I’d also planned to give you guys the news that Soethe - despite being highly educated - thought that non-instinctual knowledge was unnatural and humanity would only be at peace if it was forcefully undone. Oh, and that he came to believe this from experiences with his adopted Durparian parents treating him as part of their exotic animal collection (they didn’t exactly take him in out of the goodness of their hearts.) On one hand, I would have deeply enjoyed seeing what kind of conflict rp that would’ve caused. On the other, it would have pained me OOC to have to break up our bromance. Definitely rp with this man if you haven’t.

4. Visqe - cool draconic speaking lady that Soethe got to hang around with every so often for writwork and campfire chats. Didn’t get to explore their backstory as much as I’d liked, but definitely a talented rper I remember fondly. Just don’t call them “Visque.” Another who was on the “drop Soethe’s true intentions” bomb list when that was planned prior to me rolling him. Go chat it up with her, she’s got stories for days!

5. Dominque “Domino” Whispertips + Suppi - The Skal hin gang that stuck with Soethe and made for many memorable campfire moments. Super warm and lively compared to the matter-of-fact, outwardly unemotional half-orc - which ended up being hilarious and wholesome at times. He was a kuo-toa man, but the hin shark legend did fascinate him. Yet another pair on the “drop Soethe’s true intentions” bomb list, to which I remember saying to myself, “No please, not the poor hins.” Would have been an OOC tear-jerker to reveal his research goal may have looked humanitarian from his perspective but was severely deranged. Glad we got to rp a bit on my other alt as well!

Allister Odeus – (a.k.a THE ULTRA-TROGLODYTE - EVIL GENIUS)

Uh boy. So Synk was conceived as a manchild in the positive senses, where anything evil he ever did was motivated by naivety, ignorance, fear, blind trust, and a genuine belief in incorrect views of reality. This guy? Very much the opposite definition of one - and no excuses.

A petty, childish, narcissistic, insane (by choice), hypocritical, unashamedly repulsive, Juiblex idolizing sociopathic terrorist with no redeeming qualities beyond an ostensible gentleman’s code for selfish reasons. Oh, and also a hammy Captain Planet villain taken up to 11. Considering he’s smite-on-sight material, I was amazed how many quality relations he made over the course of his life.

1. Ezri “Bite Size” Tinfoot - Our rp fell off down the road, but you helped him get started on his evil career journey. Glad your efforts got commemorated with that egoistic artpiece of his. Just a talented rp-er and fun to go on a romp with whenever. You and the “Dark Derro” certainly helped the early-game writs pass by.

2. Chione - Superbly played opportunistic merchant character that could as UT said, “Sell ice to Skal.” My self-made madman had the chance of meeting her on the ice paths and they formed a strong relationship from there. She accompanied him thereafter on many inane ventures and entertained his eccentricity while profiting off it. Some of our favorite moments include that confrontation with the drow noble that triggered UT due to his arbitrary gentleman standards, and of course introducing you to his ex-paladin body horror robot. A really fun character and inclusive rp-er, glad we had a chance to meet on his successor as it ended up impacting their character growth in a significant way. Thanks so much for taking the time to be involved in that!

3. Selakiir - The perfect foil to UT. A calm, cool and collected drow that was completely the opposite of his unhinged, flagrant melodrama. But they ended up forging a lifelong “bond”. Despite UT being nauseated by affections, he made an exception for Selakiir - his adopted evil son - and told himself somehow in his case it was “cultured.” Not only is the player incredibly talented and inclusive, but UT came into contact with a bunch of other amazing folks thanks to their efforts. Their slave rp in particularly was especially inspired, coming up with different challenges to sharpen slaves’ combat skills and help new people adjust to Andunor living. Because UT was mostly an experiment in non-violent conflict rp, we didn’t get to PVP ever but you’re definitely someone I would have brought along. Awesome player and rp-er for sure.

4. La Cia - I think our initial meeting was the second funniest thing I’ve experienced in Arelith.

That basically summed up their relationship. He called you his evil sibling and you were immortalized next to him. ‘Nuf said.

5. Theu - The refined drow woman whose matron he kept asking to see, given how young she was. Our brief interactions were always fun, but you had an incredible impact on his story by beginning his obsession with Giscard d’Soleil. After you offhandedly dropped his name, he was incensed that the “cad” had “assaulted an elderly drow woman” and resolved to make him the first of many “projects” he’d “fix.” And from there, all sorts of fantastic rp happened that you indirectly made possible. Your character was really inspired and I enjoyed our moments together!

6. “Spider” - We didn’t get to rp enough! But you were a legit drow and I enjoyed your character development. Seeing you refine your own evil identity certainly made him happy. He might have even gotten sentimental over it, despite that being a “defect.”

7. Naenia - a.k.a. “Meania” - The first of Selakiir’s quality rp-er fam that UT got to meet thanks to his efforts. And from the moment he gave you a stupid evil nickname and committed to “teaching” you how to be “exquisitely evil”, I knew we were going to have fun. Thanks for putting up with his passive- aggressive, condescending jackassery and interacting with him - it was a blast! My favorite moment was you played his ego against him to make him reconsider polluting the woods near Myon. Not that he wasn’t testing you the whole time, of course.

Oh, and those comments about elves riding domesticated lizards bothered him more than he let on. I never got to see how your rp played out, but if he made you artfully eviler in some way then he fulfilled his life purpose.

8. Mosova - The second of the Selakiir quality rp-er gang. I hadn’t met any [redacted - what your ingame class is] before that I’d extensively rp-ed with. So when I meet any now, I always compare them against you as the standard! Your take on that was super creative.

Like poor “Meania”, you took the verbal abuse he heaped on you like a pro and got some wins in yourself. A number of your victories were more philosophical than verbal, where in enduring adversity you proved you had moral fiber he lacked. In his own warped way, he did “care” about you but only to promote the alleged superiority of his worldview. I’m glad our last conversation and his final actions towards you reflected that.

Same deal as Naenia - not sure what happened after we parted ways, but wish you the best and know others will have a blast rp-ing with you.

9. Giscard d’Soleil - Outside of a few nonsensical wisp threats, we only had one interaction. But hey, quality over quantity. It was a superb meetup and I’m glad we both got to learn a bit about each other. And you offering him a second, undeserved chance at life led to a whole mess of incredible rp down the road. Everyone in the Bendir Dale jail each had something to contribute during that encounter.

He spent the rest of his life refusing to shut up about how he outlived you, but you were the better man in the end. You indirectly lead to his initial demise and played a big part in his successor’s redemption. Just thought it’d be fitting to tribute your character by making sure he did good even after death.

Thanks for everything, hope you’re doing great in life!

10. Hanri - when Giscard passed on, there was a paladin shaped hole in his heart. Also, he was incredibly miffed he wasn’t the one to do him in. UT needed a new goodie goodie to obsess over, “fix”, and prove the validity of his beliefs. A Batman to his Joker and all that. Who knew he’d encounter them during a routine torture device delivery mission?

UT continued to believe you had potential for something “more” up until his unexpected death. You did a fantastic job sticking to your guns though, and your uncompromising moral fortitude triggered him to no end. Also, it OOC touched me you wanted to redeem him. Sadly, he very much chose to be an unsalvable monster that merely operated under the guise of civility because he thought it made him “cultured.”

The few events we got to do together were lots of fun, and I really wish we’d rp-ed more on his successor. All the best to you and the Cadre peeps!

11. Solaria Dawnrose - You and Hanri got the most one-on-one time with UT, and I really enjoyed how much you pushed the guy’s buttons. From appealing to his overblown ego to reminding him of his “gentleman’s code” in attempts to get him to do things against his best (or worst?) interests, you had the guy pegged. One of the few characters to read him like a book which I thought was hilarious. I wished more people had pointed out his hypocrisy (wanton murder = uncouth, blowing people up with bombs = art?) or that deep down, he was basic. Mad props for your clever interactions with him.

Papin Hueh - the senile gnome war veteran

Largely a comedy character, his end was so memorable and touching that I had to mention someone. Lots of other Skal people got to experience his tomfoolery, please forgive me for not remembering names (it’s been forever ago.)

1. Rasyvn Timbers - a.k.a. Doctah Splinters, Doctah Shivers, Doctah Livers, etc. I was amazed that we got to have a reunion prior to his death in a cinematic way. He had a moment of mental clarity and was laid to rest in peace thanks to your efforts. Definitely the happy ending he deserved, and I teared up in real life from the pureness of that situation.

You’re a fantastic rp-er, thanks for making it happen.

Markthreau Oltraux Troughenstein (a.k.a. - Son of The Ultra Troglodyte - a.k.a. “Mark.”)

The first and only character I ever made with a former relationship to another of mine - even if he didn’t know it at first. I’d planned to quit at the end of the month, so I wanted to speedrun his rp and give some surface peeps a chance to have fun with him since most of my other characters at the time were Andunorian. It worked out pretty well.

1. Galen Gallows - The helpful elven ranger who walked him to Cordor and the first surface person he met. Warm, protective, swell fella overall. We didn’t get to interact much after our initial encounter, but Mark and his “dad” left behind a few notes for you down the road in hopes you’d be intrigued and try to locate him. Didn’t see you again, alas.

All the best, you cool person.

2. Miranda Hern (a.k.a miss Miranda / Lady Hern) - You were the first and most significant of everyone who worked hard to give Mark a good ending. When we met, both characters had things in their past that weren’t as they seemed. Who knew a chance in encounter in Cordor would lead to uncovering the unthinkable in an epic tale of intrigue, suspense, raw emotion, and whirlwind romance? You know it’s phenomenal storytelling when you haven’t bothered picking up writs in days. Oh, and normally I’m super hesitant to do romance rp so thanks for proving to me it can be done tastefully!

You organically learned his terrible secret without knowing anything about my prior character thanks to your amazing rp. Oh, and you definitely got under his “dad’s” skin though he’d never admit it. I hope others have the chance to interact with you down the road, you’re incredible! Our characters were very different but the contrast made it feel all the more real and engrossing.

Mark never forgot you and everything you did for him. He was a one-woman man, and you were it.

3. Agdor - a true bro, and someone I wish I’d rp-ed with more. As Mark’s mental state deteriorated, he tried hinting to you as much as possible that something was deeply wrong. When you found his “dad’s” apparatus that was particularly unnerving to him - and a crazy coincidence, since he just set it up in the countryside and you of all people came across it.

Sadly, his struggle with his father pulled us away and my wisps to clue you into the ongoing plot never reached you. Hope others get to experience your awesome character.

4. Biam - a kindly hin. Someone Mark reached out to for help when he began the fight for control of his identity. Unfortunately, that made his “dad” see you as a threat, and then the taunting began. Oh, and running writs with you prior to poo hitting the fan during his main character arc was super fun. I hope you enjoyed being included in the ongoing plot there, your and Agdor’s friendship made a world of difference in Mark’s life by giving him the strength to fight back in the end.

5. Berenor Silver-wind - a man who gave Mark peace of mind (before his daddy issues started affecting him in a huge way) and complimented his rp with Miranda amazingly. Probably the closest he had to an actual “father” figure, given the circumstances of his life. Great rp-er, just another person I didn’t get to spend as much time with in-depth as I’d liked.

6. Devon Marshal - In his typical neurotic fashion, Mark’s “dad” read your name next to Solaria Dawnrose’s and started fixating on you purely because you knew someone he had a grudge against. We only interacted in-person a few times given that he was a reclusive maniac, but I hope you enjoyed his ridiculous wisp rants. Did my best to clue you into the ongoing plot and make sure you could attend the unveiling of his new body.

7. Tristan Wilkinson - Mark’s third most influential redeemer (Solaria Dawnrose being the second.) Introduced to him later in life thanks to the efforts of someone he cared about, and boy oh boy did he put in work to get the guy a happy end. Not a single meeting with Mark’s “dad” went by where Tristan wasn’t trying to help him, much to his father’s chagrin.

Mega talented rp-er and someone that understood what I was going for with the character completely. I was saying a triumphant “yes” to myself when he brought up that to the casual observer, watching someone stomp on buildings in a Godzilla-sized body isn’t “art.” Had retorts for days in response to the worldview of his antagonist too.

For highlighting the sheer depth of Mark’s paternal lunacy and never giving up for him, you deserve a medal.

8. Kessarin Carmichael

Got to have a small, meaningful chat with Mark when he came up with the idea to defy his father's influence by getting drunk. Must have been confusing having no idea what that was all about, but she rp-ed it magnificently. Never got to see how you reacted to his dad delivering his own baked goods (or "baked bads" as he called them) to your cafe in retaliation for his son's disobedience. Hope it generated intrigue if nothing else.

Your character is legit!

9. DM Starfish - was incredibly easy to talk to! Contributed a ton by playing the new body (which got downsized from a kaiju so there'd be less organs to make magic resistant) Mark was going to be forced to occupy by his "dad" at his redemption event. Really set the scene with some amazing setpieces and was super inclusive of others. Mad props!

Think that's everybody. Peace out!
Last edited by Tyro on Sun Jun 27, 2021 7:39 am, edited 7 times in total.
Davei "Synk" Glumgum - World Serpent Inn resident
Papin Hueh - laid to rest with his kin
Allister Odeus - put down by a good man
Allister Odeus's son - redeemed, made the best of his new life
Soethe Sai'tar - sailed back to Durpar

Glowing Mushroom
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Re: See Ya Arelith, It's Been Fun

Post by Glowing Mushroom » Sun Jun 27, 2021 5:52 am

I wish I could have had more interactions with you, but the ones were did we fun and incredibly well RP'd! I've heard nothing but good things about the Kobos and you have certainly been a great role model.

5 Ko's out of 5 Bo's.
Burin the Earthly.

BronxFury

Post by BronxFury » Sun Jun 27, 2021 7:29 am

All of your characters have been an absolute joy, and as a player you do so much to make things fun and welcoming to others. Thank you for letting us all get to experience your contributions to our world, and I wish you best! <3
Current: Myzzrin Brightburst (Young, Fun and Full of Hugs)

Former: Granny Stabbums (Just a Sweet Ol' Granny...)

D4wN

Post by D4wN » Sun Jun 27, 2021 7:43 am

So many kudos for so many friends. But you've left the most important person out. You.

Seriously, you've brought so much to this server. As UT (all versions) and as Synk. Synk was Theodor's oldest friend and now he's gone. I will seriously miss him and you as a player but wish you all the best in your life. Hoping one day you will grace us with your stories (and many amazing jokes) again.

Currently playing:
Thomas Castemont - Active

Liv McDowall - Shelved
Theodor Helbrecht - Rolled
Emma Young - Rolled
Ember Joyleaf-Underfoot - Rolled

BcSpike

Post by BcSpike » Sun Jun 27, 2021 4:19 pm

I'm thankful Tristan got to play a part in Mark's/UT's story. You're an amazing roleplayer and every encounter between our two (three?) characters was extremely memorable. I loved how you went all out and hammed up the mad scientist/alchemist trope, which just gave me a ton of stuff to work with and absolutely helped you sell the character. It takes a lot of skill to do what you did with your character, so massive kudos to you! It was a ton of fun to be part of your character's story and I wish you nothing but the best.

SilverSnake
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by SilverSnake » Sun Jun 27, 2021 4:49 pm

Is Synk! It was a true honor to be a big part of Synk's story. Andunor will never be the same without him.

La Villa Strangiato

Post by La Villa Strangiato » Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:03 pm

we've never really had the chance to interact on any of my characters, but you've been a true blessing to the fun of the server and reading your interactions second-hand has been one of arelith's little joys. best of luck out there!
Senrae
Saraskyn
Kallava Okaide
Nemerarie Athol
Rio Salazar

I will never sleep

Post by I will never sleep » Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:29 am

Sad to see you go. I have a lot of respect for you. Take it easy, wherever life takes you.

Lexx

Post by Lexx » Mon Jun 28, 2021 12:37 pm

Tyro you've always been a great rper and a treasure to encounter. I am sorry i didn't make it to Synks sendoff. But just wanted you to know you've given me some of my more memorable experiences on whatever character you've played on the server I've encountered.

Hope our paths cross again in the future and best of luck to your future endeavors!

Edens_Fall
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Edens_Fall » Mon Jun 28, 2021 1:02 pm

Synk was by far the bestest kobold I have ever run into. That lovely mix of evil innocence and child like curiosity. I am sorry our first encounters were during that whole sorted kobold affair as I would have enjoyed to see more of you.

That being said I also enjoyed our tense meetings that always felt a knifes edge away from violence.

Thank you for everything you brought to the server and I wish you the best in RL. One day I hope to see you return!

Kessarin

Post by Kessarin » Mon Jun 28, 2021 3:01 pm

8. Kessarin Carmichael

Got to have a small, meaningful chat with Mark when he came up with the idea to defy his father's influence by getting drunk. Must have been confusing having no idea what that was all about, but she rp-ed it magnificently. Never got to see how you reacted to his dad delivering his own baked goods (or "baked bads" as he called them) to your cafe in retaliation for his son's disobedience. Hope it generated intrigue if nothing else.

Your character is legit!
What a joy to be mentioned! The Speedies sent by the infamous U.T. definitely prompted a reaction!
Unfortunately, the "baked bads" never arrived. Not sure if someone took them or if they disappeared from auto-script cleanup. Either way, the anticipation of them was enough to keep her on edge for a time!

Thank you for letting me play a small role in your story, and best of luck to you in the real world. :)
I give this guy 5 stolen furnishings definitely worth more than 1000 coins out of 5.
This seems... very, very familiar! :D
Come visit the Carmichael Corner Café - located in the corner of Guldorand's town square near the Counting House and Speedy Messenger Service.

• new menu items featured every IG month!
• social opportunities - see and be seen!

Tyro

Post by Tyro » Mon Jun 28, 2021 3:58 pm

What a joy to be mentioned! The Speedies sent by the infamous U.T. definitely prompted a reaction!
Unfortunately, the "baked bads" never arrived. Not sure if someone took them or if they disappeared from auto-script cleanup. Either way, the anticipation of them was enough to keep her on edge for a time!
They definitely got there! But he had a guard on his tail and barely enough time to plop them into a barrel and lens out. They were rightfully torched afterward, but you should ask around about it ingame sometime for some laughs. :D

Just not on a full stomach.
Davei "Synk" Glumgum - World Serpent Inn resident
Papin Hueh - laid to rest with his kin
Allister Odeus - put down by a good man
Allister Odeus's son - redeemed, made the best of his new life
Soethe Sai'tar - sailed back to Durpar

Sadrithos

Post by Sadrithos » Mon Jun 28, 2021 6:33 pm

Galen was pretty much always minutes behind the people who ran into Ultra Trog lol. It was a shame.

Though short, I had a lot of fun interacting with Mark the perhaps two times we actually did.
Current Characters:
Galen Gallows, Burden of Heartwood.
Rauverie La'Fane, #1 Dad.

Inordinate
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Inordinate » Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:28 am

Knowing that UT will no longer be around lessens the overall experience for any future players. Have a bad one wherever you go and thanks for the awesome impressions you've managed to leave across your characters.
If need there comes to shelter my ship on the flood;
The wind I calm upon the waves, and the sea I put to sleep

Beholder

Post by Beholder » Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:39 am

My man. It's painful to see you go, and I hope that one day we can get to RP again! UT had a huge impact on Naenia, and I was looking forward to seeing him in game every time I logged in. It was a pleasure to do those back and forths, and thank you for putting up with Naenia's dumb shenanigans as well. Unbeknownst to Naenia she also started to like UT, even wanting to interfere during his closure event, yet Selakiir obviously holding her back. She got really sad that day.

Believe me, her story is definitely much more on the "what UT would've wanted" side now, I hope he is proud of her! Thank you so much for all the scenes and the stories you've created, we all enjoyed it a huge ton.

"Any perils may look out for themselves."

RustingWithYou

Post by RustingWithYou » Wed Jun 30, 2021 2:34 am

I haven't been playing Arelith a very long time, but Synk and UT have been two of my favorite characters that I've met so far. Synk played a significant role in Jek's growth as a character, and I'm a little sad he won't be around to see how everything turns out.

As for UT, he was pure gold from start to finish. Though Jek despised almost everything that he stood for, the two of them did have a kind of mutual respect and camaraderie by the end, and I wish that he could have gotten to meet Markthreau at least once.

One of the best roleplayers I've seen on Arelith - the server won't be the same without you
Characters:

Lorenda Gald Wandering the Outlands
Jek Shadowclaw
Vel'zinnia Athol In a land where the sun does not burn
Tarok Thrice-Drowned

Watchful Glare

Post by Watchful Glare » Wed Jun 30, 2021 7:19 pm

Tyro wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 5:29 am

3. Selakiir - The perfect foil to UT. A calm, cool and collected drow that was completely the opposite of his unhinged, flagrant melodrama. But they ended up forging a lifelong “bond”. Despite UT being nauseated by affections, he made an exception for Selakiir - his adopted evil son - and told himself somehow in his case it was “cultured.” Not only is the player incredibly talented and inclusive, but UT came into contact with a bunch of other amazing folks thanks to their efforts. Their slave rp in particularly was especially inspired, coming up with different challenges to sharpen slaves’ combat skills and help new people adjust to Andunor living. Because UT was mostly an experiment in non-violent conflict rp, we didn’t get to PVP ever but you’re definitely someone I would have brought along. Awesome player and rp-er for sure.
From the depths of his mistrustful, hateful self, UT eventually grew to experience some fondness and care from Selakiir, in his drow way.

And I will forever remember our first adventures with UT, La Cia and Selakiir, I still chuckle at that. It was just fun, and it's the kind of experiences that I think are nice to have and then look fondly on.

UT was absolutely iconic and memorable for a villain. He had style, he was fun to be around and to interact with, and you went out of your way to make him as approachable and fun as you could for everyone when you took on the antagonist role. The contraptions you created and the experiments you came up with, even the events, I'd hear about those. To see you create objects for other players to interact with was one of the most creative uses for object customization that I have seen.

Even in hostile situations like our exploring for "test subjects" you were absolutely on board with an RP approach to conflict; and you were not dissuaded when others went immediately for kill-bash, and still kept your way of being and approach.

To see his insanity mixed with it's brilliance and way of coming up with new contraptions had a way of always making you wonder what would you come up with next.

Even going as far as being a clasic villain with a few backup plans and the "I will destroy the entire city if you don't stop me" plot, which I think has been an incredible service to anyone who would think of their characters as a hero.

Selakiir had been watching over him during his duel, though understandably his participation was kept to a minimum given the quantity of enemies present and he had to remain hidden.

So he did

The "Contingency" plan came as a surprise, completely unexpected. Both me and the character thought he was gone for good. And when he came back and still wanted to go at it, he dealt with it in his usual fashion. With a lot of anger, lest he express concern or fondness for the Trog.
"UT": Oh Selakiir, I'm always LOUD and PROUD of what I do. Let the fools try to stop me! But I did come here for some invisibility scrolls, so I can deliver my party invitations to major cities without the unwashed masses assaulting me.

Selakiir: He frowns heavily as the hand trembles and he speaks. "That." He hisses. "Is what I'm talking about. You creations, the last time you used one it wasn't quite ready as you thought and it costed you our life."

"UT": Hmph. I simply don't know what occured at the duel. But I do know this... that woman, Rose? A FILTHY LIAR. Claiming I was "bested" by Hanri. UNACCEPTABLE!
"UT": Yes, I'd stake my scientific repuation on it. The paladin apes no doubt jumped me!
"UT": THERE'S NO OTHER EXPLANATION. NONE.

Selakiir: "You were not bested."

"UT": Selakiir, beleive me... the only thing keeping this boy "alive" at this point are his meaningless affections for his "friends." Oh, and some boorish woman he was "courtin-" *turns to him rapidly*
"UT": I KNEW IT! Yes, tell me every last detail!

Selakiir: "The Paladin used stealth immediately. And kept trying to attack you from the shadows, something the 'morally superior' attendees didn't mind. You defeated Hanri in the end, but your creation, 'Giscard' betrayed you and backstabbed you at the last moment. Then, everyone else shot you and made sure you were dead"

"UT": Yes... YES! OH THIS IS RICH, I'LL TELL THEM EVERY DETAIL! Their brave "hero" will be a laughing stock! MORE SO THAN HE ALREADY WAS!
"UT": But what's this, my... my creation malfunctioning? Inconceivable!

Selakiir: "It is not your enemies that is your undoing, it's your obsession with relying on unreliable creations."

"UT": Hmph. *miffed tone* Well perhaps you'll change your tune when you see my latest one.
"UT": I assure you, it'll be using the Mimir woods for toothpicks shortly.

Selakiir: "Make another contingency, UT. One that is not as experimental. On that you keep in a tube until it's ready. I have seen -many- bodies in [REDACTED]."

Selakiir: "We can go get one. There are -plenty- to choose from. Mostly different flavors of [REDACTED] and [REDACTED]."

"UT": Alas, until I swap out of this body... I'm a bit short on contingency plans. But hey, that's what my secret project is for! And [REDACTED], [REDACTED]? FEH! I need something that shows who I am when I walk in the room! Repungant, and unashamedly VILE! Juiblex-esque, if you will.

Selakiir: "But this...? You are already struggling to control it. Ghiscard showed no signs of it when it betrayed you, this promises to be more disastrous. Specially if others are aware of it. This is no 'duel of honor' this time."
Selakiir: "Then make something up." He grunted with a scowl throwing his right hand up. "Take the bodies and stitch them up together in a different way."

"UT": *laughs a little, concealing some anger* Struggling? Hmph. Well, to show you how much I've broken the boy's brain, I'll have him run through his 'lover' if she attends. How's that? Don't doubt me, Sealkiir old sport. My intellect is unmatched. No, the plan proceeds as is.
"UT": But I won't be undone this time. NOT AGAIN!
"UT": I'm going to plant my brain in this horrible new form, march down to Cordor, and declare myself its new king. Do you understand what kind of POWER I'm talking about here!?

Selakiir: "You court disaster, UT. Last time, there was a semblance of opportunity. I was right- You did not lose the duel. But you were immediately overwhelmed when attacked. And that was with one or two contingencies already"
Selakiir: "Now you admit you have none."
Selakiir: "You are rushing."

"UT": Nonsense. I have "insurance" as last time. And this new form of mine? It can easily devour a HALL of paladins! Expand your mind, Selakiir. I promise you won't be dissapointed.
"UT": I suppose you'll simply have to see it yourself to believe iit.
"UT": Mark my words, Selakiir. This time... EXQUISITE EVIL triumphs!

(...)

Selakiir: "We shall see..." He licks his teeth, seemingly unconvinced, something on his mind.
Selakiir: "Chione made a memorial for you, you know?"
Selakiir: "As well as for La Cia."

"UT": Mmm, when we next meet... I believe I'll be giving you a ride through the Mimir woods in the palm of my hand. You can watch me piledrive baby animals into the dirt!

"UT": Oh yes, I saw! Did see Chione down here a short while ago.
"UT": Marvelous work on her part. Though I couldn't help but boast about her "prediction." *laughs to himself*
"UT": Yes, that'd I'd "die." I make my OWN fate!
"UT": And La Cia... what a scamp. May he rest uncomfortably.

(...)
"UT": Mmm, do give her my worst. I'll be heading back to Dis shortly. And after that? Well, I'll change into something less comfortable.
"UT": I'd say this has been a touching reunion, but affections sicken me. Yes, be seeing you shortly old sport. A displeasure as always. Toodles!
"UT": Oh, and by seeing you... I mean with AN EYEBALL THE SIZE OF A COTTAGE. BWAHAHA!

Selakiir: Huffs and lets out an amused snort, that has a tone of spiteful bitterness at the end. "Idiot. We had a statue made for you." With some resentment, he walks out with those words.
His hubris felt very on brand for his character.

And so they went to plot a contrived way of maybe saving him, or "Mark", his alter ego and the body in which he resided.

His particular sense of humor and pattern of speech was fresh, and in many ways he reminded me of the archetype of the 'gentleman villain' with he twirling moustache.

In the end, Selakiir suspected the same thing Chione claimed to know; futile as it were though he still went to be there on what could have been (and were) the last moments of UT.

In an unlikely manner however, and less bloody than the first time around. Mark living and the possibility of UT still being alive there somewhere however, is a far more welcoming defeat, and however much anger that might generate in him it doesn't match his death at the hands of his enemies after the duel.

Your characters have been a treat to roleplay with, Tyro, and you will be missed. The UD will feel emptier, and lesser now, with your absence.
Biz here was a constant subliminal hum, and death the accepted punishment for laziness, carelessness, lack of grace, the failure to heed the demands of an intricate protocol.

Naghast

Post by Naghast » Fri Jul 02, 2021 9:41 am

Honestly?
I miss you already in Arelith.

neverwinternightly

Post by neverwinternightly » Fri Jul 02, 2021 10:04 am

The level of creativity between events. characters, and moments with UT and Synk still astounds me. You are responsible for some of the funniest in-game writing I've ever read too! I'll miss it popping up! I hope all the best.

plague

Post by plague » Mon Jul 05, 2021 5:25 pm

I've joined too late to catch you, but I'd like to say that this is probably the most wholesome thing I've ever seen posted on any RP game's forum in several years of roleplaying. Saying you've got to quit for RL duties and proceeding to post your appreciation for so many different characters in longform is incredibly sweet and a great example for how we all might best treat our fellow roleplayers. It's clear from that that you were a wonderful player and the game will be a little emptier for missing you.

I wish you well in your endeavors.

Itikar

Post by Itikar » Mon Jul 05, 2021 6:50 pm

From the very first moment we met and began to roleplay it was an absolute delight. I will always remember Synk and his amazing initiatives and views. I really hope he will find his world without kobold hunters.

And I also hope we will see more of the amazing player that was behind him. Thank you so much for making these months in Andunor so awesome and unforgettable. You really have been one of the giants of our Underdark community. <3 <3 <3

Vaeldria

Post by Vaeldria » Sun Jul 11, 2021 6:27 am

I'm a bit late on this thread, but I'm sad to see it!

Our time zones made consistent plots tricky, but running into Synk was always a treat.

You pushed a lot of fun events and I'm glad for the ones I managed to make.

I'll miss you and your presence on the server, regardless of what character you were playing. I hope you the very best in everything you do!