A Long Overdue Thank You

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Beholder

A Long Overdue Thank You

Post by Beholder » Thu Jul 01, 2021 4:13 am

I don't really use the forums much, and decided that after the few months I've spent here, I have many people I need to thank and show my appreciation for.

Firstly I want to start with Zelrunia, since she was my 'first' character. My this is going to be long. If I did not mention you, please know that I am writing this at 5 am while I am passing out, and I really appreciate you.

-Itzal Mayar: A great person I am priviliged to know OOCly, and one of the people Zel cares about the most. It was a joy watching Itzal grow and change throughout all this, both progressed in entirely different paths but somehow always kept a middle ground when the matter came to each other.

-Donovan Selemchant: The reason that Zel became the Dread Pirate she is today. If it wasn't for his encouragement, teachings and the opportunities he provided her, she'd not have been anything. She really saw him as a father, and losing him was one of the heaviest days of her life. It was a pleasure knowing Mister Don.

-Eddie Salem: A true friend, that's been by Zel's side from the beginning. Both pulled each other from some very, very dark places, back into enjoying life. Best co-bartender ever too.

-Huemacoatl: I think one of the stories that affected me as a player, and Zel the most was his. You truly captured a Maztican with your RP, and its impact was huge. It was a privilege. I will speak of this for years to come I think.

-Lili Razorfang: Man, it was so much fun going back and forth with Lili all the time, even when she drove Zel crazy I want to believe there was a good friendship between them. A solid crewmate.

-Cutlass: You know you are awesome already, and you know why, do I need to say more?

And many more, Edala Helder, Lucy, Hector Bartholomew, Lucas Stillwater, the list goes on. I was a few weeks into Arelith, and you all are the reason I stayed. Everyone that stopped by the Siren, bought a drink or two, everyone that came to the gambling nights and everyone still continuing the Singing Siren and Sails, thank you.

Next up is "Mae", god never have I thought a character that I made to just kill off would turn into.. this.

-John Salamander: Best mentor anyone could ever ask for. The synergy these two have in their weird, contorted, absurd ways is always a blast to RP out and see it evolve. Thank you so much for the opportunity.

-Schezalle and Alirios: I am putting you two together because from the beginning it felt like those two have always been intertwined when it comes to Mae's story. I still remember the first day I anxiously approached Alirios, and he suggested the Arcanum to Mae, and speaking to Schezalle also had me gathering up courage for a good ten minutes IRL, but I am glad I did and I am glad she was accepted in. It's always enlightening and refreshing to hold up a conversation with the both of you. Thank you.

-Zafine Orobyx: After meeting her I gained faith in my own character and my RP, and decided that I am going to push for more on Mae. They were different to each other but carried a mutual understanding that reached to a pleasing alliance. It was a pleasure to know Zafine.

-Holly Holtz: You made most of Mae happen, through letting her shape some aspects of your character, and you are awesome both ICly and OOCly. I enjoyed every scene and am looking forward to do more with you.

-Lilian Williams: I can not get enough of Mae and Lilian's conversations, and despite being vastly different Mae respects Lilian a lot. Thank you.

-Sydney Harrow: I did not know much about Sydney when Mae met her, one of the reasons being me being new to the server. Now that I know, I understand why everyone speaks of her so highly. Mae is very inexperienced in some ways, so am I as a player, and Sydney is just.. enlightening. Mae respects the woman greatly. And I am always looking forward to more.

-Slay: Mae wouldn't have survived at the beginning in Andunor if it wasn't for him, they were polar opposites but the interactions were always hilarious.

-Ambros: Another very unusual and unexpected drow, whose personality would normally clash with Mae's but it's so much fun to play with you. I know we haven't been able to RP much lately but I always check the playerlist and hope Ambros is around.

Mae's list is insanely long. Blake Lynk, Khael'dar, Roselyn, Merwyn, all of the Arcanum people, Ilphaeryl, Vetala, all of the 'Sneks'- I could go on and on. Thank you everyone for putting up with my basically soulless character and her shenanigans.

And lastly, Naenia.

-Selakiir: I could write paragraphs and paragraphs for you, so I am going to try and keep it simple. You made all this happen, and every story you weave is insanely detailed, and you put so much thought into them. I am overusing this word but it's just a privilege to have gotten the chance to meet you, and play with you. Thank you.

-Theoden: Naenia's first ever friend. I am having a hard time coming up with words to explain how emotionally impactful their friendship has been. Naenia's life has been dark, twisted, and full of pain; yet Theoden was always something from 'home' for her, something that kept her going, something that kept that hope alive. I am curious to see where their futures will lead them, and if they will cross paths once more, and how that will be.

-Seldsdaer: I cannot say much without exposing things, but know that I appreciated everything.

-"UT, the Ultra-Troglodye": UT was one of the characters I was always looking forward to when logging in. I already typed on your thread so I don't want to be repetitive but thank you for all of that. Losing him, in the end, despite Naenia not wanting to admit it was losing a 'friend'.

-Theodor Helbrecht: You showed me and everyone around me that to be evil doesn't mean killing. Our interactions were brief, but the way Theodor, perhaps unknowingly so, shattered Naenia's soul and pride and hope with that single gesture; a painting, is something I will never forget. He closed a chapter for Naenia with that painting, forever letting her know that 'that' is what she is, and there's no turning back. Also due to Theodor's 'plans' for revenge at that time, Naenia couldn't gain her freedom, and sunk deeper into the hole she was in. Thank you.

-Mosova: The sisterhood these two had was very emotional at times for me, despite Naenia being a 'kind-hearted but still extra insulting and mean' wild elf. She did care about Mosova, and seeing her free while made her sad to see her go; was one of the happiest days of her life.

-Tyila: Amazing character. You know. I have to keep this one short for reasons.

Again, there's more people. Those of Myon that I sadly couldn't start things with due to IRL issues and having to take a break, Chione, the Xun'viir House, Karathas, everyone who interacted with her in Andunor, Gorehound, every little bit she had with people affected her story in ways that you all would never imagine.

I thank everyone that played with me, if you have read this far, know that I appreciate every single interaction and most of them I talk about for days, if not months. I am still 'relatively' new, there are many of you out there I haven't interacted with, but thank you for welcoming me to Arelith with this many amazing stories.

"Any perils may look out for themselves."

neverwinternightly

Re: A Long Overdue Thank You

Post by neverwinternightly » Thu Jul 01, 2021 8:14 am

Lilian Williams: I can not get enough of Mae and Lilian's conversations, and despite being vastly different Mae respects Lilian a lot. Thank you.
This feeling is very much mutual! When they have had the chance, I have loved the conversations between Mae and Lily. Big thanks back to you and I look forward to more! <3

Kalopsia
General Admin
General Admin

Post by Kalopsia » Thu Jul 01, 2021 9:13 am

RP with Naenia was wonderful and hope there will be more in future - with these chars or the next! :)

D4wN

Post by D4wN » Thu Jul 01, 2021 10:13 am

Unfortunately I didn't get many chances to RP with you. But thank you for being the inspiration to his most successful and best piece of art yet. I am so glad you not only liked it but that it had such an impact for your character. Thank you for your kind words.

Currently playing:
Thomas Castemont - Active

Liv McDowall - Shelved
Theodor Helbrecht - Rolled
Emma Young - Rolled
Ember Joyleaf-Underfoot - Rolled

In Sorrow We Trust
Contributor
Contributor

Post by In Sorrow We Trust » Thu Jul 01, 2021 12:38 pm

girl, bring it in.

I'm glad I met you during my 6 month break from Arelith and it really made it all worth it. Mae really is part of Holly's big $&#%ed up family. I appreciate you very much.

Here's to more!

Vittoria Veleno
catch me if you can

Sundial

Post by Sundial » Thu Jul 01, 2021 10:02 pm

Talk about hitting the ground running! As Huemacoatl was in his death throes, I was thrilled to spot your name on the playerlist to make the scene truly perfect. You've got an incredible talent, and to have touched so many stories in so short a time speaks to a bright future - Arelith is lucky to have you!

Ekrid Aulanther
Tashtego
Isak Kerringar
Huemacoatl