Stonehold Event Kudos

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Azrael Aetherian

Stonehold Event Kudos

Post by Azrael Aetherian » Sat Jul 03, 2021 5:22 am

A big thank you for those that showed up and that have helped along the way! This was a very RP driven event with a lot of details. Things definitely got complicated for those who heard about it but were not in the know.

This event was designed by Adelyn to give a brief glimpse at some of the past events of Arelith. We hoped to bring some attention to it and some of the mysteries of Arelith's past. We hope that more people will go out and find more about the events of the past!

-There was a lot of misinformation spread throughout the event and a lot of confusion for those with half of the information needed to get a clear and concise picture of what was going on . For those not in the know there were a lot of things you missed. I'm sure over time with enough prying you will learn the truth!

Faelee Mossheart - kept Zaphiel sane throughout all this. So much character in such a small package. A love story for the ages.

Tove Knudsdóttir - You did a ton of work throughout this event and had a lot of clever moments that really pushed everything forward in a fluid way. Really and truly had a lot of great moments with Tove and I'm sure more to come.

Gwenllian Auburnridge- definitely a cool individual would have liked to have talked more but the adventures were always fun!

Cirilla Silverflame-Finnigan- I wish we had had more interactions throughout this but I'm glad you were around when you were!

Caenfydel - Really cool idea for the mark removal ritual! I loved it.

Adelyn Belle'rose - Definitely one of my favorite interactions with a villain thus far from the plot line and the lore behind it. I was impressed throughout. You were the events designer and brains. It was your horse I was just riding sidesaddle.

Red - Evil small hands.... Definitely an interesting character that I probably don't want to spend time with on Zaphiel but as a villain I'm sure she is a lot of fun to be around.

Ninim Elario - One of the one's who helped Zaphiel from the beginning. From doing a brief tour on the surface to helping him fend off giant Devil gatekeepers. Ninim is a soft-spoken character with a lot of heart. She will be missed.

Gauntlet - To the members of Gauntlet that showed I have not had many interactions with you but this was definitely a good first impression!

Ayra Peterson - Definitely had a lot of fun adventuring during this whole thing. Found some neat secrets with you and all around had a good time!

Elric - a last minute show but a terrific RP'er I know you didn't get a chance to shine here like you normally do but I know that you are a master at your craft.

Siltrin - Definitely had some interesting conversations. Glad you turned up! (Tried to speedy you earlier but you weren't on)

Grumpycat - Last and not least the DM who hosted the event. The minor details like the blood on the ground really makes your events shine. Thank you for hosting this one for us. Definitely appreciated! Herbert will definitely not be forgotten

To any that I did not mention or that couldn't be a part of this today, I hope you had fun with everything leading up to the big moment!. It was an honor to play a part in this. I'll see you all in game!

The GrumpyCat
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Re: Stonehold Event Kudos

Post by The GrumpyCat » Sat Jul 03, 2021 1:44 pm

Really glad you liked the event - I was really impressed with all the rp I saw. The problem with such big events is it's pretty much impossible to do any sort of individual 'oh wow that was awsome.' But I did want to thank folk for taking part and being awsome.
This too shall pass.

(I now have a DM Discord (I hope) It's DM GrumpyCat#7185 but please keep in mind I'm very busy IRL so I can't promise how quick I'll get back to you.)

Edens_Fall
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Edens_Fall » Sat Jul 03, 2021 2:00 pm

Thank you for including me but the biggest Kudos goes to you! If it wasn't for all your daily RP under the effects of the binding, research into Stoneholds past, rolling with the punches, and getting others involved the storyline would not have gone anywhere. You are true to your character and your RP. It was a blast working with you and everyone else!

Thanks again to DM GrumpyCat for hosting and working us into her schedule. The problem with being so awesome is everyone desires your attention. You definitely deserve a gift!

*lets free many 🐁 onto the server*

Lastly a special thank you to Tove and Faelee. While few I loved our interactions and the RP events that followed. Know your actions are what allowed the event to go so smoothly for team Good and not devolve into the standard PvP arena. Be proud of yourselves!

Thanks again to every thank participated!

Haroshia
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by Haroshia » Sat Jul 03, 2021 5:51 pm

Thank you so much for letting me be a part of this. This has led to some amazing growth for Tove, and some great connections being made. This entire plot was a great experience, and I appreciate all the folks involved rolling with things as they did. Zaphiel your efforts are seen, and I wanna echo all the props you gave with a few special I want to mention.

I want to also give special props to Adelyn as an antagonist. I've had many experiences where putting forth great effort and in character sacrifice into having an impact on a plot were ignored. They weren't in this case. Edens_fall really earned my trust by being willing to react to Tove's efforts and communicating without giving too much away. 10/10 would foil again.

Props to the other folks I interacted with on this as well that probably will go unknown, specifically Berenor and Tera'thiel Eldafire, as well as all the people who put effort into documenting the fall of Benwick and Stonehold. Because of this plot I delved deep into the lore of those events using IC resources, and it was a wonderful rabbit hole to go down. I feel like I've been able to at least partially earn my character's massive Lore score :P

Props to Myzzrin for helping with research and hunting down resources. Some of the info found was a great help and a great read.

Props to Tristan and Coralee for rolling with stuff as well, and proving that maybe not all Paladins have to be lawful stupid. Sometimes the struggle is about doing the right thing while keeping your ideals and oaths, rather than doing the easy or fast thing. I know we're in separate settlements but when we cross paths it makes for interesting RP. I hope we can have some more interactions in the future.

I'm sure I can think of more later. I just wanna say after stumbling and falling into this plot, I'm really grateful that I was allowed to be a part of it.
Tove Auburnridge

Apothys
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Post by Apothys » Sat Jul 03, 2021 7:50 pm

Great event,

I know not everyone understood what was happening or why we could not just hack and slash our way through it. But it was complicated, very much so.

Was good to see it to come to fruition and a evil character 'Adelyn' have her moment as the villain and actually be able to say more than a few words without simply being put to the sword. In the end Good triumphed despite the dilemmas.

Kudos to all. Massive shout to DM Grumpycat for picking up the event and giving a spectacular show.

Talandis Tanor'Thal
Kalnafein Cress'delbarra
Tanis Thade
Merklynn Steelshadow II
Gulmyr Dro'Vaalvaz
Aerik Northman

AddledPunster
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by AddledPunster » Thu Jul 08, 2021 1:15 am

I thought this was a really fun event! It was a great to see so many people come together and stay on task, even if there was a certain vampire trying to goad them into ruining it all. ;) And to say nothing of Adelyn, who was an outstanding villain through this whole ordeal! Gwenno's never hated somebody so much for reasons that are ultimately pretty petty.

Previously Played: Cheryl Garrio, the Rat Witch of Guldorand. Gwenllian Auburnridge, Spelljammer enthusiast.