Galen Gallows Shelving/Rolling/Leaving Thread

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Sadrithos

Galen Gallows Shelving/Rolling/Leaving Thread

Post by Sadrithos » Tue Jul 06, 2021 3:37 am

For reasons I will not go into I am taking an indeterminate and possibly permanent break from Arelith, so I guess its my turn to post one of these.

Heartwood Grove.
All of you, should all be proud of your rp skill and ability to create interesting and memorable characters.

Beldor Gren and all subsequent characters I met.
Galen, and my, first friend on Arelith. You claimed to be relatively new to rp when we met, whether true or not, you have become one of the better rpers I have met, providing characters serious and funny with equal skill and dedication. I would run out of space just trying to give this man his due.

Lia Gren
Likely never see this, but it was absolutely a pleasure.

Melina Willows
Phenomenal character, and Galen ran into them at a very formative time in his plot, that really could have gone either way.

Granny Stabbums
Initially thought you were just a meme character, but after speaking to you a few times I realized I was being fooled by an act. You and your later characters were all a lot of fun to rp with.

The Skal of early 2020,
No Kudos thread for Galen would be complete without the very thing that made Galen, Galen. The werewolf invasion, the vampire, the endless parade of banites, the ancient blue dragon, all the ridiculous days of mass trap deaths or fixture bashing, the piles of corpses all around the pastor, the heinous things done to that well, Conandakilla, The Busty Half Goblin of Skal, the numerous half drow, pickpockets, Perry Burrows and the library crew, Meeks the ridiculous palemaster and his plane of hats in the maze, this list could go on near infinitely. Never change Skal.

Leon Fenhollow
One of the few villains I did enjoy, I often disagreed with their player, but they were an extremely skilled roleplayer, and an enjoyable character to observe.

Order of the White Stag
I had a great time roleplaying with you all as Galen, I hope he was even half as much fun as you all were.

The New Bramble Watch
I hope that I was able to help give you all some rp you could enjoy, and helped you to get your characters going, it was a blast, however little time we had.

Arielle Nephra Gallows
This player is amazing, I could not praise them highly enough, their attention to detail and planning are incredible, you helped me to define Galen so much, I am glad for that chance encounter in Bendir, I gained another real friend, thank you so much for everything you did.

Oba, Edwyna, the countless other friends Galen, or I made along the way though my first character on Arelith.
I fear this post would massively overrun any sane length if I even attempted to possibly thank you all, you all know who you are.

If time permits I will try to personally thank more of you as time goes on, not being mentioned does not mean I did not enjoy my rp with you, just that I could not list so many people at once without needing to sit and think for longer than I might have.
Current Characters:
Galen Gallows, Burden of Heartwood.
Rauverie La'Fane, #1 Dad.

Oahn

Re: Galen Gallows Shelving/Rolling/Leaving Thread

Post by Oahn » Tue Jul 06, 2021 7:09 am

This character will be very missed and was a model for the characteristics over Convinctions and Justice my characters aspired to be. I will miss him greatly and always hold the special memories dear to myself.

Beldor Gren <Dead> Rolan Geigers <Dead> Isen Elario <Shelved> Oahn <Unknown>
Manus Blaberthik <Retired>

Anira

Post by Anira » Tue Jul 06, 2021 9:34 am

:(

Delwin and Sem really enjoyed RPing with Galen and the Bramble Watch. We did good work even if the newbies who came through the Green Triangle didn't remember who we were or that they had met us. Those invisible heals while they were in combat and the never ending box of goodies :D

Galen will be sorely missed for his gentle and thoughtful ways as well as his resistance to violence as the only means to handle a problem. The Skull Throne in Skal will forever be a laughing point for me. Thanks for everything, Galen. I will miss you terribly!

Glowing Mushroom
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Post by Glowing Mushroom » Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:30 am

Galen became the first Elder Ranger and moved on to be come the first and only Chief Ranger of the Grove, our highest title for Rangers! He's been an integral part of Grove RP and I hope to see it continue, either in this character or your next.
Burin the Earthly.

Ninjimmy

Post by Ninjimmy » Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:44 am

I liked Galen.

Enjoyed RPing reactions to his social presence which felt akin to a K-Pop star (the only character yet encountered who had self-identified "FANS") so yeah. Hope you've either rounded the story out in a way you're happy with or can bring Gallows back at some point.
Playing:
Olwin (AKA Olicoros Vrozt Akael Shilligg Jugem Dojj Winzalfur AKA That £$%^ing Wizard)

Laurian

Post by Laurian » Tue Jul 06, 2021 12:09 pm

I am very sorry to read this. For me Galen is a Rolemodel for Ranger Roleplay. I am a new player on Arelith and my Char got so much support and help from him. Thanks a lot!
I really hope to see Galen wandering the Bramble again!

Sadrithos

Post by Sadrithos » Tue Jul 06, 2021 12:32 pm

Ninjimmy wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:44 am
I liked Galen.

Enjoyed RPing reactions to his social presence which felt akin to a K-Pop star (the only character yet encountered who had self-identified "FANS") so yeah. Hope you've either rounded the story out in a way you're happy with or can bring Gallows back at some point.
I wish I did or could too.
Current Characters:
Galen Gallows, Burden of Heartwood.
Rauverie La'Fane, #1 Dad.

AddledPunster
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by AddledPunster » Tue Jul 06, 2021 6:56 pm

Galen's never been anything but kind and generous to Gwen, and that's something she's ALWAYS appreciated. Hell, she's still wearing the gloves she bought from his shop in her first month on the isle!

It's a shame we weren't able to get together and RP more with Gwen, but it was always memorable, even if often brief! Doubly a shame because I think Galen's level headed nature is probably needed more than ever, but taking care of yourself is always more important than silly fantasy RPG funtimes. Take care of yourself, Galen!
Last edited by AddledPunster on Wed Jul 07, 2021 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Previously Played: Cheryl Garrio, the Rat Witch of Guldorand. Gwenllian Auburnridge, Spelljammer enthusiast.

Ork
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by Ork » Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:55 pm

Hey man. I think you were a fabulous presence on Skal & got a lot of unneeded flak. Hope the break does you well. While this game is fun, you deserve to enjoy your time and not be bogged down by BS.

Breaks are healthy. If this is goodbye forever know I enjoyed our time playing together. If this is goodbye for a bit, I look forward to your return. I'm really hoping it's just a break, tho.

Maethor

Post by Maethor » Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:13 am

Grimly named Galen Gallows, you were anything but a sore mark on Arelith. You completely changed who Beau Boffin became for the better. I thoroughly enjoyed your RP and company in/out of game. Losing someone who I know personally to have helped so many players grow and expand to a point that was enjoyable for them to stay with Arelith is a hit for the whole server. You were one of the kindest encounters to any of my days. I hope this is just a break and to see you return, if not I wish you the best in all you do. I will miss you bud!

Tyro

Post by Tyro » Wed Jul 07, 2021 3:46 pm

I had fun RP-ing with you on my innocent boi before he had to endure being drugged and psychologically tormented by a godless body-modifying abomination father figure.

You never interacted with my former character but were super kind and made the forests outside Cordor seem more alive. I wish you'd gotten to see him before he sailed off after his redemption arc.

All the best to ya.
Davei "Synk" Glumgum - World Serpent Inn resident
Papin Hueh - laid to rest with his kin
Allister Odeus - put down by a good man
Allister Odeus's son - redeemed, made the best of his new life
Soethe Sai'tar - sailed back to Durpar

Dari

Post by Dari » Wed Jul 07, 2021 4:05 pm

RIP Galen!
Henry Crowe - Dead

innerbloom

Post by innerbloom » Fri Jul 09, 2021 3:34 pm

Very fond memories of the Skal times — Emori and Isaac pushing the sheriff pin on the White Ranger, repeatedly. Despite his lack of interest.

He is/was wonderful! Thank you for playing him!
Main: Nevve; lost in reverie.
Alt: Ford; taking a swim.
Rolled: Blythe; raising Banites.

Inactive IG for the time being.

BronxFury

Post by BronxFury » Sat Jul 10, 2021 2:53 am

Galen had a significant impact on both of my main characters through my time on Arelith. His level headed and diplomatic nature, combined with his generosity was much needed on the isle. Most importantly, I strongly believe that you as a player had a positive impact on many players new to Arelith or NWN as a whole. Thanks for allowing Granny and Myzz to be a part of your story. <3
Current: Myzzrin Brightburst (Young, Fun and Full of Hugs)

Former: Granny Stabbums (Just a Sweet Ol' Granny...)

Airport Proximity Jesus

Post by Airport Proximity Jesus » Fri Jul 16, 2021 12:54 am

You'll be missed, buddy
8-) Cool kids wear shades during the endless night 8-)

Lass is Class

Post by Lass is Class » Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:46 pm

Intereactions with Galen as character and his players were always amazing. He was at deep agreement and no less deep disagreement with my first character, understanding like only two-level headed characters can have. Till the end he was considered a reliable friend, who did a lot of good, being at times so much underappreciated.

F in the thread to a real keeper.

Sythaeryn Dawnwing (Shelved) .
Se'Waerriel Ssambra (Rolled).
Landarel Skyseeker (Rolled).
Unnamed human (Active).

Seitera Colds (Main, Active).

HappyHippie

Post by HappyHippie » Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:58 pm

Melina's interactions with Galen were amazing. He too came at a critical point in her character development. Had he known her before that critical point in her life, things may have indeed gone differently. Galen is an amazing character, and he made waves with both Diana and Melina. Thanks for the great rp :)
"What sunshine is to flowers, smiles are to humanity." - Joseph Addison

Diana Wyndyr - Active
Gyda Skógr - Semi-Active
Melina Willows - Shelved