Kudos from the Damned

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Edens_Fall
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Kudos from the Damned

Post by Edens_Fall » Thu Jul 08, 2021 1:23 pm

Hello everyone!

With the first of Adelyn Belle'rose's core plotline goals being completed, I felt it's an excellent time to take a break from the villain RP to recharge my batteries. Thus, I will be letting her hibernate to focus on another PC for a time. However, before I do, I wanted to give credit to those I have met along the way up until now.

The last year has been an entertaining and severe learning curve for me. I have found playing a vampire to be both rewarding, incredible, frustrating, and lonely. It took some time to get used to it, but in the end, I have thoroughly enjoyed her character and where it has led me. To make things simple, I have broken things up into her various goals and plots.

KNIGHTS OF THE ROZEN CHALICE
The core group and protectors of Adelyn. Be they slave or thrall they have always served to safeguard her and her goals. A special thank you goes out to these fine players. If one thinks being a hunted vampire is stressful, try keeping her unlife in one piece. It was often a stressful, PvP filled, and thankless position. However, if it wasn't for all of them I, as a player, would not have had near as much success or fun playing Adelyn. So from the bottom of my heart, THANK YOU!

Ezri Tinfoot – One of those that had been with me the longest, she left her hin home to follow me below. Loyal, furious, and champing of Awoo's I enjoyed her slow fall into darkness. Whoever you are playing now, I hope you find happiness.

Misa Aers – One of the best Totem RP players I have ever met. I have thoroughly enjoyed our time together and the taking of Misa's life marked a turning point in Adelyn's worldview. What started as a simple meeting and gift of blood has turned into a long friendship.

Ilith (Red) – My most loyal and longest-lived servant. Never afraid to throw yourself into overwhelming odds so Adelyn could escape her hunters. The day you were enslaved has been marked as the most satisfying of Adelyn's unlife. I have enjoyed nothing more than tormenting your grumpy elf and watching her interact with others in that way only she can. Much to my OOC amusement. Thank you for being my friend.

Rigo – While time zones kept us from any real RP time, I enjoyed what we did share.

Riyas – The adorable hin playboy. I regret not having the chance to see him try to seduce a Drow Matron and fail . . . horribly.

Qirora – Quiet, loyal, and steadfast. You joined us near the end of the leg of this journey. I hope you have enjoyed yourself within our small family.

CORDOR MUSEUM PLOT
What started as a simple idea to use the Cordor museum led me to one of my most enjoyable RP goals for Adelyn. The discovery, collection, and recording of Arelith's deep player made history. Nothing helps pass the long daylight hours like the study and writing of historical records so others might glimpse back on the server's history and know players' actions before them.

Ain Ameleen – One of the aspects of being a vampire I wanted to RP was the classic stalker approach. Find a target, charm them, and return each night until they fade away under the vampire's infatuation. As soon as we spoke in town, I knew you would be my first such victim and the results led to, what I hope, was fun RP for you. While we never had a chance to complete our dance because you were protected by the whole town, I still enjoyed our few moments together.

Lilian Williams – First a fellow history buff, then friend, then almost something more, before finally enemies. You helped fuel my desire to record Arelith's history to which I am forever grateful. Our relationship has since darkened, but what else could be the outcome of a friendship between a soulless monster and cold-blooded serpent. Suppose Lily is still around when Adelyn returns. In that case, I look forward to one day settling the grudge between us and seeing what transpires after. Until then I wish you and your Yuan-ti clan the best of luck in its many secret plots.

ERUDITE ARCANUM/UNDERDARK
While my start in the UD was a rough one, thanks to the Erudite Arcanum, I found a position in the city.

Therh – The gnoll that might have been a leader.

Smurg – A kobold Adelyn defended and was forever marked as a threat to the cities Kobold clans. I, however, do not regret the choice.

House Xun'viir – A group of players that, if you notice, are mentioned in nearly every kudos thread . . . for a good reason.

Aunrae Hlairyn – The true gem of the Erudite Arcanum. Thank you for giving Adelyn the chance to prove herself and make a home in Andunor.

Davei synk glumgum - A great RPer and even better frenemy.

Sidney Harrow – The Witch of Lies and most significant source of Lore in Arelith. My only regret is we never had a chance to speak more. I would love nothing more than to drain her mind of its lore.

Elder Ikarus - So great a character and such an excellent storyteller that I hand to write a book to make sure none forgot him. I can't say enough about this PC or the players.

DUCHESS OF SENCLIFF
While my attempts to unify the cliff and restore its past glory met with the predictable outcome, I still found my short time there enjoyable. A shout out to all those that call the cliff home and bring RP to its shores.

THE THIRD FALL OF SHADOW WHARFTOWN
While my goal was to record the events of this plotline, I ended up being drawn into it and am forever grateful for such. Using my knowledge of Arelith's History to help shape the events in Shadow Wharftown was a true pleasure. It also put me in a position to be on the opposite side to the fear Void Cult. While my previous evil PCs had always been allies with those fantastic players, it was a true joy to see them from the other side. Let me tell you what . . . there is a reason they were so feared and respected. I highly recommend if anyone gets the chance to play alongside the great Rpers like Ponty, Sojourn, Dusk, and their many servants. As friend or foe, you will not regret it.

BLOOD TITHE
A simple plotline to spark RP in the new settlement of Guldorand, I found it enjoyable with later repercussions I would not have foreseen. Thank you to those involved and allowed the RP to lead where others would have used a blade. Ninim Elario, Itzal Mayar, Nymisse Chelistai, Saabir El-Nasr, and Nyssa Laughernackle

OPEN THE TENTH GATE
The ultimate goal of Adelyn and her personal quest for reasons (FOIG) completed the first of three arcs. While the fallout from the event has left me somewhat disheartened, I am still delighted with the event as a whole. I wanted to create an opportunity and moral choice for "Team Good" while accomplishing Adelyn's goal. Often I find Good and Evil falls into the Black and White choice of "To Slay or Not Slay" as it were. Here an alternative was offered to Kill the lesser evil in front of them (vampire) and risk a more significant threat (Devils) or give aid to the lesser evil to stop a greater evil from appearing. I feel this was accomplished, though the fallout RP that has occurred has been . . . less than ideal. The event also had the extra benefit of highlighting the history of Stonehold and that of the isle, which I am very happy about. Regardless I enjoyed myself very much and hoped those involved did so as well.

Elain Hakissa & Erzsebet Aganos – Thank you for being you and the help you provided.

Tove Knudsdóttir – The Paladin given an impossible moral choice. I am not sure if there ever was a right path for you to take in this plotline. I worked hard to ensure no matter what option was picked, someone would suffer. Be it Zaphiel or the nearby settlement, there was a price to pay. You and those with you were forced to make that hard choice, and all things considered, I feel you did very well. The more significant threat was stopped even if Adelyn completed her goal. My only regret in all this, even more so for you, was in how things transpired after the event. I sincerely hope things work out and Tove remains with us. I have thoroughly enjoyed your take on Paladin RP and the life you bring to the server. I hope we have the chance to RP again in the future.

Zaphiel Aethos – Thank you so much for agreeing to be the focus of this event. Your efforts to include others and in working with Adelyn via the binding was pure awesome. I can only hope you enjoyed your side of the story as much as I did mine. I look forward to seeing what happens to you now that he is finally free o Adelyn's influence.

Gwenllian Auburnridge – The weak spot in Tove's armor. I regret never applying pressure to your PC as I wanted, though I did enjoy the few times we had the chance to meet regardless.

Faelee Mossheart – Innocent, Goofy, and Adorable. There are few I have enjoyed tormenting as much as I have Fae. Thank you for that opportunity.

I apologize if I missed anyone, especially from those early days when my note keeping was terrible. If I did fail to mention you, I am sorry.

I look forward to returning to Adelyn's storyline in the future!

Until then!
Last edited by Edens_Fall on Thu Jul 08, 2021 7:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Haroshia
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Re: Kudos from the Damned

Post by Haroshia » Thu Jul 08, 2021 1:43 pm

As I said in the Stonehold thread, thank you for being willing to roll with things. I'm sure we'll have a chance to RP again.
Tove Auburnridge

AddledPunster
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by AddledPunster » Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:40 pm

I very rarely get moments to put on Gwen's worst nature, but Adelyn had expertly drawn that out of her. While I'm sad to see she's going to be shelved for a while, I feel like Gwen'll be around for Adelyn's inevitable return, and we can really see the her get under Gwen's skin!

It was a LOT of fun trying to describe new and exciting ways for Gwen to glare at Adelyn.

Previously Played: Cheryl Garrio, the Rat Witch of Guldorand. Gwenllian Auburnridge, Spelljammer enthusiast.

SilverSnake
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by SilverSnake » Thu Jul 08, 2021 3:15 pm

*sighs* Now i will never get to be thralled.

neverwinternightly

Post by neverwinternightly » Thu Jul 08, 2021 4:22 pm

Adelyn is one of the earlier PCs mine really got involved with on a deeper level than just someone she might chat with on the street here and there. We worked on, and through, an incredible amount of stuff together! Lots of amazing times both IC and OOC, so thank you for all of that! I'm glad to hear you found a comfortable concluding arc after all this time. Enjoy whatever it is you do next <3

triaddraykin
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by triaddraykin » Fri Jul 09, 2021 5:31 pm

I truly appreciate you helping out with Angela's visions after the fact, and allowing her to delve into What Could Have Been.
Alia: The uncanny knack of Angela Amana to make the otherwise perpetually well-mannered girl lose her temper and be HORRIBLY ASHAMED afterwards.

Who on the Team to PM and When
Public Tower Discord
Tower Library
Scroll, Wand, & Potion Costs

Cowbot

Post by Cowbot » Sat Jul 10, 2021 2:26 am

I came back to Arelith after a 4 year hiatus. Misa was my test character to see what the server was like now. I expected to be ignored while I poked at the mechanics of the server. Instead I got immediately drawn in to fun RP and plotlines, making my character who was supposed to last a month last three instead.

Adelyn IC was a great plot driver and made Misa a really enjoyable experience overall. Eden's Fall OOC patiently answered all my newb questions and made me settle in for a long time.

Thanks so much for making waves on the server and giving lots of people things to do.

BronxFury

Post by BronxFury » Sat Jul 10, 2021 2:48 am

It's been fun watching Adelyn's actions from the sideline during my time on the server. She's such a well played character and fascinating to keep tabs on. I know whatever you do know will be executed well and I hope you have fun with it. <3
Current: Myzzrin Brightburst (Young, Fun and Full of Hugs)

Former: Granny Stabbums (Just a Sweet Ol' Granny...)

triaddraykin
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by triaddraykin » Sat Jul 10, 2021 3:46 am

Cowbot wrote:
Sat Jul 10, 2021 2:26 am
I came back to Arelith after a 4 year hiatus. Misa was my test character to see what the server was like now. I expected to be ignored while I poked at the mechanics of the server. Instead I got immediately drawn in to fun RP and plotlines, making my character who was supposed to last a month last three instead.

Adelyn IC was a great plot driver and made Misa a really enjoyable experience overall. Eden's Fall OOC patiently answered all my newb questions and made me settle in for a long time.

Thanks so much for making waves on the server and giving lots of people things to do.
Welcome back! No idea who Misa is, but I'm always glad to have people enjoy the server and feel welcomed back. Hope i run into one of your characters some time!
Alia: The uncanny knack of Angela Amana to make the otherwise perpetually well-mannered girl lose her temper and be HORRIBLY ASHAMED afterwards.

Who on the Team to PM and When
Public Tower Discord
Tower Library
Scroll, Wand, & Potion Costs

Cowbot

Post by Cowbot » Sun Jul 11, 2021 2:53 am

Thanks!

Misa was rolled in a wonderful conclusion to her story arc that involved Adelyn.

I still play almost daily but usually only an hour or so in the red-eye hours of the night. I'm very busy in RL unfortunately :(