Mathilde's Goodbye

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

DeSanti

Mathilde's Goodbye

Post by DeSanti » Fri Sep 03, 2021 4:11 am

Haha, lol, I came back with an epilogue character.

And dear Hoar and high heaven what a ride this has been. I honestly can't and wont be able to name all the amazing, wonderful and extremely talented, passionate and wonderful role-players out there who truly humbled me and have made me so very grateful for their interest and want to take part in her story.

Parts of the great thing with Mathilde was that you could silly funny casual interactions, but also deep and introspective types of roleplay, wrestling about guilt, love, revenge and all that. I even got to try a bit of PvP! Wowser!

Another thing was that after playing Giscard I took this opportunity to also explore and interact with areas and type of people that the goody good paladin would never deign to visit. So I got see the greats of Sencliff and Underdark for instance - interact with pirates, drow and warlocks oh my!

I wasn't being hyperbolic when I said that there's just so many people to thank. I'll will edit in names and more afterwards but I wanted first of all to put out this thread before I head to sleep - just to say that I had such a fantastic time with Mathilde and the reason for that is 100% the people who with their gracious want to help build a story and interact with her made her such an enjoyable experience to roleplay.

And what a climax at the end there! Totally unexpected but the sort of organic roleplay you can't help but to appreciate.

Now, 4 reals tho, I will be signing off from Arelith (aside from my gnome-slave-bodybuilder alt ofc) for the foreseeable future to focus on my studies.

Wishing you all the best!
Giscard d'Soleil - Dead

triaddraykin
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Re: Mathilde's Goodbye

Post by triaddraykin » Fri Sep 03, 2021 4:17 am

Angela will always remember Mathilde.
Alia: The uncanny knack of Angela Amana to make the otherwise perpetually well-mannered girl lose her temper and be HORRIBLY ASHAMED afterwards.

Who on the Team to PM and When
Public Tower Discord
Tower Library
Scroll, Wand, & Potion Costs

D4wN

Post by D4wN » Fri Sep 03, 2021 4:19 am

I don't even know where to begin and words won't do it justice to express my gratitude to you and the other people involved. This has been one of the most thrilling stories I've been involved in and I will never forget it. Thank you for involving me and your generous and quality RP. The amount of people you managed to draw into this story on both sides has been incredible. And just like with Giscard, this will also leave a ripple effect in Arelith's history.

I truly wish you a wonderful and beautiful life. All the best!

Currently playing:
Thomas Castemont - Active

Liv McDowall - Shelved
Theodor Helbrecht - Rolled
Emma Young - Rolled
Ember Joyleaf-Underfoot - Rolled

La Villa Strangiato

Post by La Villa Strangiato » Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:53 am

Nemerarie hopes Mathilde found peace, even at the end.

(and judging by the screenshots mini sent me she did but shhhh)
Senrae
Saraskyn
Kallava Okaide
Nemerarie Athol
Rio Salazar

benedict overencumberbatch

Post by benedict overencumberbatch » Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:01 am

Only the one interaction (that Rose knows of), yet such an incredibly deep impression Mathilde left behind. It sounds like she had one hell of a ride, and the only thing that I can hope for is that you enjoyed every second of it.

Best of luck in your studies, and hope to see you around here in the future!

In Sorrow We Trust
Contributor
Contributor

Post by In Sorrow We Trust » Fri Sep 03, 2021 11:22 am

When the secret alt met Mathilde, I had no idea what I was getting into. You brought a lot of stories to life just as you did with Giscard and it's crazy how much was orbiting around you! I ended up having to proceed very carefully because our stories were becoming more and more intertwined and it was so hard to remember who knew what about what. I will miss her though, and I feel I should apologize for any bumps on the road I added.

I know you mentioned you were going to be busy IRL, but know that you are valued here and we look forward to gaming with you again- at least I do!

Wethrinea

Post by Wethrinea » Fri Sep 03, 2021 12:34 pm

You have a habit of killing off characters my own have just started to bond with :(

Mathilde was a treat. Ferdamann will be saddened to hear of her demise.
Ivar Ferdamann - Mercenary turned Marshall

Edens_Fall
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Edens_Fall » Fri Sep 03, 2021 1:14 pm

Aww Mat's gone! While our interactions were few and far between I enjoyed each one! Her silly RP was refreshing when so much has been so serious of late.

Good luck in your studies and we will see you when you return!!!

LichBait

Post by LichBait » Fri Sep 03, 2021 4:24 pm

Was nice to get to chat with her briefly before the farewell!

Current
Ayiesha Dahyarif
Ilphaeryl Xun'viir

BronxFury

Post by BronxFury » Sat Sep 04, 2021 4:02 am

As with Giscard, you did such an amazing job at making Mathilde and influential and felt force on the isle with your RP. The different arcs in the relationship between Mathilde and Myzzrin will always be something I'll remember fondly. Those rare times where both of them just let down their walls and had honest conversations ended up hitting me in the feels, and that just goes to show how great of a job you do with your characters that they can evoke such emotion. You're an amazing person and I wish you the best in your studies. <3
Current: Myzzrin Brightburst (Young, Fun and Full of Hugs)

Former: Granny Stabbums (Just a Sweet Ol' Granny...)

trouble on her brow

Post by trouble on her brow » Sat Sep 04, 2021 11:41 pm

I enjoyed her and Tarthi's one good talk.

are you afraid of the dark

Post by are you afraid of the dark » Sun Sep 05, 2021 2:40 am

sorry RL got in the way of arelith for me. hope you had fun in the end.
Lesca Serrace: Arelith's Worst Paladin (Main)
Ikneps: Statistically Big Brain = Goblin Genius (Alt)