Isak is Dead

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Sundial

Isak is Dead

Post by Sundial » Fri Sep 03, 2021 4:23 am

Isak Kerringar is dead, his story concluded. This was an incredible spin around the Isle - dare I say, perfect? There are too many to thank, but I'll do the best I can.

Jack Thistle - Morgy is a thoughtful, generous, and very well-written player. Jack helped shape the undefined mold of a character I brought to Guldorand, and let me discover I was playing a villain.

Frinno - Cunning, empathetic, a man who walked a similar path, but give himself a real life - he was an endless font of Isak's bitter jealousy. What a character, and what an amazing choice to have you and Frinno be so affected by the famous "Blood Rain" that you were willing to shelve the character for a time.

DM Avalon Soul - The Pearl Handle plotline was pure delight - my favorite kinds of events to run when I DM in PnP. I got to feel like a real detective, a real Watchman, and wonder if the path Isak choose was worth it ...

Derristan Barley - A perfectly played grizzled veteran, this PC was adaptable, caring, and a seminal part in Isak's plotline with Guldorand. He was finally able to get him to relinquish the last of his power over the City.

Nemerarie Athol - An extremely subtle and delicately played member of the drow race. This PC is absolutely pushing boundaries with fresh ideas, and including a ton of people in their RP!

Vel'uss - The consummate spy. You made the mechanical aspects of this character fun - the heart-pounding thrill of sneaking into a house, spying on a meeting. I loved swapping stories from the Trade.

Holly Holtz - How can I sum up this PC in a few short sentences? By my standards, a pretty much immaculate RP'er. An endless font of new ideas, generosity - a true lover of the game. If you encounter this player, they WILL enrich your story, no question.

Mathilde - I couldn't help but get swept up in Mathilde's gravitational pull. The story was too compelling, her tale too tragic, the plot too well written. Sometimes, you need to put the rest of your stuff on pause, hitch a rope to an incredible story, and it ended in a truly satisfying death atop the Lighthouse of Shadow Wharftown. I'm a lucky dude.

This server is a very special place. With nearly every player I interacted with, we made magic. Screw the mechanics, the drama, the stuff that keeps us down - this experience was pure creative freedom, and I thank you all.

Ekrid Aulanther
Tashtego
Isak Kerringar
Huemacoatl

eddymakaveli

Re: Isak is Dead

Post by eddymakaveli » Fri Sep 03, 2021 5:17 am

Itzal will shed a tear for the shadow he could never show the light to.

D4wN

Post by D4wN » Fri Sep 03, 2021 5:25 am

You are an incredible RPer and that ending will go down for me as one of the best. Thank you for sharing it and thank you for being part of the other story. A shame we didn't get more time due to time zones.

Currently playing:
Thomas Castemont - Active

Liv McDowall - Shelved
Theodor Helbrecht - Rolled
Emma Young - Rolled
Ember Joyleaf-Underfoot - Rolled

Aniel
Project Lead
Project Lead

Post by Aniel » Fri Sep 03, 2021 5:50 am

+1 for being in Guld and still being cool

La Villa Strangiato

Post by La Villa Strangiato » Fri Sep 03, 2021 5:54 am

[begins to weep profusely] Y-yeah man, you were a fantastic RPer, I treasured every interaction we had.
(<3)
Senrae
Saraskyn
Kallava Okaide
Nemerarie Athol
Rio Salazar

98lbs of sad carryweight

Post by 98lbs of sad carryweight » Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:22 am

I will forever treasure the 24xp o7

benedict overencumberbatch

Post by benedict overencumberbatch » Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:58 am

I am eternally sad that I didn't have much time to play these last few weeks, and couldn't follow up with the storyline Isak presented to Roselyn. T_T

Every interaction I've had with Isak has been utterly, completely fantastic. The care you put into each detail about the character was unquestionable, and you inspired those around you to roleplay to their highest standard.

Kudos to a well-executed character, and I hope you enjoy whatever comes next.

Snake2512

Post by Snake2512 » Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:10 am

Can I have my art back

(good character)

Denny Lynndain-Walvish, certified rude boy - Rolled
Lysanthir Ellenocen - Shelved
Reznov Willensbane - Rolled
Vald Machjarak - Rolled
Gaderel Anjou, certified lawful good - Active
Rodolfo Duskvale, certified funny guy - Rolled
Ghug Sord - Extinguished

In Sorrow We Trust
Contributor
Contributor

Post by In Sorrow We Trust » Fri Sep 03, 2021 11:16 am

Holly always thought there was something off about him. We finally got to see that in the end.

isak has been a major part of her character development and honestly overall an awesome character, but really it's you that makes him that way. You are a very rare player who can really bring the world to life. I am glad to have been part of the story you wrote with Isak, you're absolutely top-quality!

Hoping to see what comes next!

Vittoria Veleno
catch me if you can

Interium
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by Interium » Fri Sep 03, 2021 12:22 pm

Really enjoyed the complexity and depth of Isak, and you as a player have always been both friendly and easy going!
Their last meet in Shadovar and the grim version of my toon's future that you had made will haunt him for the remaining years of his life! I had to screenshot the description you had made because I absolutely loved it, very spot on!

As always it can be hard to get many meetings due to timezones but that also makes the ones they had all the more memorable. I'm glad my character got to be a part of Isak's story!

Good Character

Post by Good Character » Fri Sep 03, 2021 12:37 pm

I think my duergar met Isak in the UD when you first started out with him. I can't remember if it was my Coalhide character, but regardless it was a good time. Great, versatile character.

Edens_Fall
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Edens_Fall » Fri Sep 03, 2021 1:18 pm

Isak was a joy to meet the few times we RP'd. I'm glad to hear you had such a good ride and found a fulfilling end to your PC. I look forward to seeing what you come up with next!

Morgy
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Post by Morgy » Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:18 pm

No! I wanted Jack and Frinno to meet him one last time, at least!

Thanks for bringing Isak and his story to the server. Every scene we did together was a genuine pleasure. Sometimes I felt like I was playing a giant game of chess across Guldorand and beyond. He was such an enigma..

Yourself - You are a great, generous and inventive roleplayer. I hope I bump into your future creations.

LichBait

Post by LichBait » Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:41 pm

Isak was great to interact with for the few times we managed to!

Current
Ayiesha Dahyarif
Ilphaeryl Xun'viir

Lilah_Novi
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Lilah_Novi » Tue Sep 07, 2021 4:26 am

It was a lot of fun!! Isak always made scenes feel like an intense surprise. Thank you!!
Miranel Moonmint, Revealer of Sehanine
Prellia Praline Nuthatch Aemaris Arvanyr, Former Lorekeeper of Myon
Dellie Starswallow, Painbearer of Ilmater