Alexey Sova Kudos Thread!

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Mini_Goblet

Alexey Sova Kudos Thread!

Post by Mini_Goblet » Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:46 am

Since tomorrow will most likely be Alexey’s last day on Arelith before joining Mathilde and Isak on their journey- (He’s dead. He’s like, SUUPER dead, walking corpse, turning to dust as I type this. Yeah, like- WOW, he’s dying.) I felt it appropriate to make a Kudos thread, highlighting some of the best experiences I had as him on this server. Of course, I apologise for both how long this will be and for all the people I wasn’t able to fit in here. Thank you, everyone! For making my first experience on this server as fun as it was.

Hewdipp
Absolutely fantastic RP all the way through. The characters had such a nice friendship dynamic going on, and it made for both some of the funniest interactions I’ve had in this game as well as some of the most tense conversations. It was a blast, and I’ll always miss that little dude.

Jana Kaidaris
AAA Jana! Jana’s just a wonderful character all around, and one of the people Alexey’s the closest to, to the point where the prospect of no longer being able to have them interact is one of the few things which made me question if rolling him was a good idea or not. (though he still has to give her that book back, so they’ll get to meet one more time! :P) I loved every single interaction they had together, from horse racing to laying under a starlit sky atop the arcane tower, plotting a noble’s murder. Their friendship was touching, and although it sucks that it’ll end so soon, It'll always have a special place with me.

Mathilde D'soleil
What can I even say?! Their journey together, albeit brief, was both harrowing and endearing in equal measure, and every bit of it was great. Had the fact that they clicked so well from the start while in the middle of just this extremely tragic situation not sufficed, their bitter-sweet ending together would’ve surely served to make their interactions together some of my favorites. (almost makes up for that talk aahahah.)

Aigyr
Aigyr is absolutely amazing, I’ll never get enough of her. Extremely interesting from the very first interaction, I had absolutely no idea she and Alexey would get so close to each other, and the two going from extreme unease to a genuine family bond over the course of the months I played him for is genuinely one of the best Roleplay experiences I’ve ever had, period.

Flavius
The broest of bros, I loved every second of interacting with Flavius, it was an Always Sunny sketch every time, and I’m sad they didn’t get to spend more time together before what happened.

Dameon
The first time I saw this man walk past the Nomad in the Cordorian Outskirts and address my character; Red and black uniform, quarterstaff dripping ice onto the grass and the name ‘Dameon Wade’ floating above his head, my first thought was just ‘oh, this guy’s RAD.’ And I’ve yet to be proven wrong! From how he emotes serving chocolate milk in a bar to how he talks about ringing the bells of Andunor, Dameon’s always plain cool.

Sabiha Selladys’variadie
In Alexey’s brutal, ruthless quest to gather as many parental figures as humanly possible, Sabiha was certainly a highlight! Angriest elf I’ve ever seen, I’m pretty sure Alexey had to convince her not to shoot an arrow through a pixie once. Getting her out of Andunor that one time was EXTREMELY tense, and every interaction they had from then on was great.

Zurielys Svafa
God, Zuri 's awesome. Just a lively, beaming farmgirl with the strength to slaughter monsters ten times her size with minimal effort and an ironclad will to not let the horrors around her corrupt her sense of morals. Immensely fun character in both concept and execution, and I really enjoyed her relationship with Alexey.

Aldros Rivondir
Aldros, although a very distant figure, was always an interesting character from whatever glimpses would shine through the veneer of cold professionalism. It turns out Vyrandil is very good at roleplaying an evil capitalist, I wonder why!

Aaralyn Rivondir
It was a constant surprise, how genuinely kind and attentive Aaralyn was to Alexey whenever something would horribly backfire right into his face (It happened a lot, as it turns out!), as well as the genuine interest taken not only on him, but on every Warden I saw the character interact with.

Danae Wade
Dameon’s (although decidedly less outwardly badass) equally as interesting sibling, her sharp tongue and willingness to use it to emotionally cut my character to pieces, while also showing discrete hints of genuine care for him, was always great.

Prellia Nuthatch/Aemaris
Prellia's just an all around delightful character. Her interactions with Alexey were not only very endearing, but also helped shape him a lot as a character, and it's something I'll always consider one of my best experiences with this server.

Nylaathria Willowmoon
Though Nylaa and Alexey’s relationship was rocky, it was always great. A very bizarre dynamic of trying to offer each other guidance while on the cusp of taking a dagger to the other’s throat.

Duvain
Just incredible, really. I wouldn’t have figured two characters so diametrically opposed could reach such an understanding of each other's way of doing things, while remaining on entirely opposite sides of the aisle. Although few, every interaction they had together was astonishingly interesting and memorable.

Devon Marshal
Devon is a bro. Whether it was steamrolling undead with him or asking the man for moral guidance, being around him was always great. Just a positive, radiant figure all around.

Theodor Helbrecht *spooky organ music*
Theodor’s an EXTREMELY effective villain, and always a ton of fun to interact with. A completely irredeemable madman with still a lot of depth to him as a person, and consistent internal logic to why he does the thing he does, subtle yet apparent with everything he does.

‘Roxxi’
Roxxi’s a cryptic bastard, and I love her. Just an absolute fiendish little goblin, evil drama queen. Alexey sicing a dragon on her while having a panic attack will always be memorable, but so will every interaction they had together.

Rio/Koirin
Rio was always fun. An energetic, out-going and abrasive person, her relationship with Koirin was, although surprising, made to feel very believable for both characters, and always endearing.

Myzzrin Brightburst
Out of all the things I could say about Myzzrin, I would first like to stress that I had absolutely no idea that having my idiot level 7 cleric walk up to a wizard in the middle of killing Wolverines with an IGMS and go “Cool spell, can you teach me?” would lead to him being adopted, LMFAO. Legitimately, though, the characters’ relationship with one another was one of my best experiences with the server so far, and to properly describe it would take more words than I could fit in here.

Evelynn Ward
Stealthy egg! Stealthiest egg!! Metal Gear Egg: The Phantom Egg.
Alexey and Evelynn’s mutual worry for one another was really sweet, and the two sticking out for each other was always heartwarming.

Drad
Exarch Dad! Exarch Dad! Just a chill, suave dude. Worried about his flock of idiot subordinates, of which I really enjoyed being one. Very inclusive to all the faction members and just a really chill guy OOCly, I hope I get to interact with him in future characters. (Sorry for the many, many headaches.)

Lorenda Gald
Priest cop and Atheist detective has been copyrighted under Mini_Goblet Incorporated, a Cease and desist has been sent to your email account. (For real though, it was a lot of fun playing Toril’s most depressed investigators for a little while.)

Holly Holtz
God, it’s hard to summarize Holly. An incredibly tragic character that still makes me burst out laughing every once in a while, she’s a delight. Although deeply unfortunate that I’ll no longer be able to talk with her on Alexey, I’m happy to still be able to watch her antics unfold. Never change, Molly Strange.

Merwyn
Merwyn's a fantastic character and I've really enjoyed learning more about her so far! Played by a great RPer, every interaction with her is a ton of fun. Unfortunately, there's not a lot I can type here about her without breaching into FOIG!
Last edited by Mini_Goblet on Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A̶l̶e̶x̶e̶y̶ ̶S̶o̶v̶a Currently ash in Hewdipp's mouth
S̶e̶l̶d̶d̶a̶t̶h Exploring the planes with his wife!
Temicti Coatlal Active

98lbs of sad carryweight

Re: Alexey Sova Kudos Thread!

Post by 98lbs of sad carryweight » Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:51 am

There goes our homless Wizard Cleric into dust.
Alexey always will remain in my memory as the one guy that did his best to destroy himself and fail miserably at it, turning it into a unexpected success.

Please don't drop your books and clothing on the way out, the Guard still hasn't recovered from the first time.

Keep it up o7

RustingWithYou

Post by RustingWithYou » Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:51 am

Disco Elysium: Guldorand Edition was one of the highlights of my time playing Lorenda.
Characters:

Lorenda Gald Wandering the Outlands
Jek Shadowclaw
Vel'zinnia Athol In a land where the sun does not burn
Tarok Thrice-Drowned

Zachcom

Post by Zachcom » Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:55 am

wiping tears out of his eyes as hewdipp says to his grandkids "let me tell you about the finest wizard i ever knew, alexey sova"
i do not play characters. they are rolled.

D4wN

Post by D4wN » Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:06 am

Every single interaction with Alexey has been so memorable. You have been so generous with your RP and letting Alexey make mistakes and be vulnerable has allowed this villain to be effective. To be able to find weaknesses and be allowed to exploit them. Alexey so desperately wanted to do the right thing even if it would put himself at risk. I loved slowly unfolding all that was him and seeing his interactions with Theo. <3

Currently playing:
Thomas Castemont - Active

Liv McDowall - Shelved
Theodor Helbrecht - Rolled
Emma Young - Rolled
Ember Joyleaf-Underfoot - Rolled

La Villa Strangiato

Post by La Villa Strangiato » Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:35 am

SO WAIT, WHAT ABOUT RIO AND ALEXEY?

In the Sea Bounty's tavern in Athkatla, there's a woman who performs in the evenings. She calls herself Rio, and she wears her thick dark hair down to her waist, her lithe figure wrapped by fine silk dresses or fancy suits. She says she's native but there's speculation-- the only vague hint of her accent, her skin dark enough to evidently not be the result of a tan. Speculation, but nobody truly cares, not in the Sea's Bounty-- you could put a drow up there and they'd stay so long as they sung well.

And Rio, well, Rio sings like the hosts of Celestia. She sings of beauty, of tragedy, of triumph. She sings old elven ballads and pounding dwarven mining songs, which are a hit when they make a drunken audience stamp their feet like the rhythm of a pickaxe. She plucks a mandolin like it's an orchestra, accompaniment seeming to seep from the very walls, her voice turning into a choir. Nobody's ever seen her at a bardic college, but none of the patrons have ever really attended a bardic college.

Most every night at the foot of the stage, or perhaps peering through the backstage curtain, is a shield dwarf with reddish hair. He's her lover-- anyone can tell from the longing glances he gives her on stage, how her eyes linger on him with a soft smile when Rio sings about love. Whispers persist about the mysterious bard and her dwarf, and it draws her crowds on the tenday-ends and coin every day she plays.

But sometimes, on the slow evenings, when the bar is full of lonely, regretful patrons looking to drink just so they can get through this tenday, she appears. She floats on stage in her dark red dresses, mandolin in her lap, and all eyes in the room turn to her.

"I've lost, you know," Rio says this one evening, though she continues to smile. Her eyes are wistful and sad. "I think everyone in this room has lost someone. It doesn't matter whether or not they're living."

A murmur or two ripples through the crowd. Rio's smile widens but doesn't reach her eyes. "Not just lovers. Friends who went down a dark path. Friends who you just stopped seeing. I think that's kind of a loss. And of course, friends who are in the hands of the Scales, now."

Collective, depressive mutterings of agreement. She plucks a single, melodious chord. "This song is dedicated to those I've lost. And those you've lost." And slowly, she begins to play.

"Remember me...
Like the stars and the trees,
Remember me,
Like the sky, and the breeze,

The sun will set and the moon will climb,
And I only have a moment of your time,
So I'll think of you, and you for me,
I only ask
Remember me..."
Senrae
Saraskyn
Kallava Okaide
Nemerarie Athol
Rio Salazar

In Sorrow We Trust
Contributor
Contributor

Post by In Sorrow We Trust » Fri Sep 03, 2021 11:11 am

This was an enormously sad ending but honestly a magnificent story. I suppose after everything else I shouldn't be surprised that Holly would eventually be there when Alexey was fading. Even though she pretends otherwise, she will miss him. He was an important part in her early development (even though he was also adding resistance to who she wanted to become).

That said, I'm glad you're playing your other character! I really enjoy writing with you! Alexey will absolutely be missed though.

Here's to more.

Vittoria Veleno
catch me if you can

magistrasa

Post by magistrasa » Fri Sep 03, 2021 11:59 am

× Career Sharran × MILF Supreme × Artist (Allegedly) ×
Will Trade Art For Groceries Again Eventually

Edens_Fall
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Edens_Fall » Fri Sep 03, 2021 1:11 pm

I hope you found a meaningful ending for the PC and enjoyed the ride until then. That's all we can ever ask for the characters we fall in love with.

GrazalThruka

Post by GrazalThruka » Fri Sep 03, 2021 4:20 pm

Mystra is dead, long live the wild mages!

In all seriousness, sad to see Alexey go. He shall be missed!
And on the 8th day, God created the gnomes, because he figured that everyone had it too good as it was.

Anfalen - Paladin in Blue
Ander Lackridge - Socially Anxious Nobleman

Aellowyn
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Aellowyn » Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:54 pm

Alexey NOOOO!! I am going to miss the RP with Alexey. He was adorable and sweet with a dash of corruption. His mother lovin' will live on in my heart. Sad I wasn't there to watch him go.

<redacted> Main
<redacted> Drow Alt
<redacted> Slave Alt
<redacted> Elf Alt
<rolled> Barbaric Elf Alt
<redacted> Alts of alts alt

BronxFury

Post by BronxFury » Sat Sep 04, 2021 3:57 am

Alexey is one of the few people that has gotten to experience the full array experiences with Myzzrin. Being by her side in her darkest moments when she's barely recognizable, and in her brightest moments when she's full of love for her idiot son. From that first lesson where she took him to the Arena, she already felt responsible for him in a way. Seeing so much potential and so much pain, quickly growing to see him as a son. So many of our interactions ended up with me getting emotional OOC from how intense they were. You're an amazing roleplayer and I look forward to interacting across other characters.
Current: Myzzrin Brightburst (Young, Fun and Full of Hugs)

Former: Granny Stabbums (Just a Sweet Ol' Granny...)

Lilah_Novi
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Lilah_Novi » Tue Sep 07, 2021 4:38 am

*Sobs miserably* ALEXEY MY BROTHER
I will never forget him being a sad boi on her couch. And that one time she gave up her bed to him because she was like "You need a proper night's sleep!!!!"
Ohhh, and the book bag she made for him too - she was so determined to get the materials.
I will miss ya boi...
Miranel Moonmint, Revealer of Sehanine
Prellia Praline Nuthatch Aemaris Arvanyr, Former Lorekeeper of Myon
Dellie Starswallow, Painbearer of Ilmater

Surrender The Throne

Post by Surrender The Throne » Thu Sep 09, 2021 9:33 am

Thank you for the wonderful RP sessions. Love your writing and Alexey as a character.

Catch you ingame!
It's time to kill the king
It's written in the scripture