Dr. Rasvyn Timbers - Shelving Kudos

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

GrazalThruka

Dr. Rasvyn Timbers - Shelving Kudos

Post by GrazalThruka » Fri Sep 03, 2021 4:02 pm

The time has come for the good doctor to officially leave the island for a while. He's my first and favourite Arelith character, so I can't quite bring myself to roll him for good, but with my focus shifted to my underdark characters, I figured he deserved some semblance of a sendoff.

Gnomes of Gnote

Sudo Perudocci: One of the many figures of authority who had to put up with Rasvyn. Despite that, she was one of his closest friends, and the Tumanor gift she gave him was one of the things he saved when he left the barracks.

Gimdar Chiselfingers: And so the student has become the master. I still remember letting Gimdar dig through my scroll case for 5th circle spells, and now he's a full-fledged Arcanum wizard. Such a shame Rasvyn never managed to convert Gimdar to his wild magic ways.

Fausta Archaria: Rasvyn and Fausta had such an interesting dynamic: the hyper-regimented monk and the actively rules-defying chaos mage. They worked really hard together getting the Shadowguard running again (read: Fausta did all the work and Rasvyn hung out blowing things up), and it's a shame they got cut short. Perhaps Rasvyn will track her down in the wider world...

Papin Hueh: The senile old adventurer and a sacrificial character, Rasvyn met Papin on Skal. Didn't see him again until a few IG years later, when he'd been kidnapped by kobolds. So many earthkin (and a few tallfolk) mobilized to free him, and his death scene was the first time I genuinely cried while playing this game. Triple kudos to this mad lad.

Nyssa Laughernackle: The only other Gnomish wild mage Rasvyn ever met (which is weird, since it's the perfect combo). Really enjoyed our interactions and problem-causing. The Rothening shall never be forgotten.

Plus the rest of the folks in the Grotto. Gnome gang forever.

Earthkin Gang

Kira Bronzeguard: One of the few dwarves Rasvyn thought was genuinely pretty chill. Rasvyn liked her because she didn't tell him to stop running hasted through the halls (which wouldn't have stopped him anyway).

Hewdipp: Fellow Warden Wizard, and the only other short man as well. I can't recall any specific times him and Rasvyn got up to anything, but he was another wizard that Rasvyn respected (for a weave-user).

Koirin Blazorwegen: Besides the few times that Koirin broke every bone is Rasvyn's body for accidentally blowing his friends up, and wild-surge-confusing him into killing two other party members, and turning him into a chicken....Koirin got first-hand experience with everything a wild mage could do and was still fiercely loyal to Rasvyn and the Skal Gang. Fun dwarf, and all your dethek cursing pushed me to Fluent.

The Tallfolk (who are okay, I guess)

The Rivorndirs/Wardens: Even though Rasvyn was ultimately not very loyal to the cause or the family, the Wardens and the Rivorndirs were his welcome to Cordor, and I loved emoting how little attention he was paying through faction meetings. Wardens never die!

Nathanial (Nathaniel?) Brightburst: Another wild mage, and really fun to learn with/from. From the Rothening to making Uncomfortably Tall Illusory Rasvyn, Nathanial was probably the only wizard that Rasvyn looked up to.

Alexey Sova: A priest of Mystra and a mage who actively ignores the weave. What a strange pair of friends. Still, Alexey made grinding the orclands for 5 levels entertaining.

Rio Salazar: I'd say I'm sorry for the....3? 4? Many times I blew you up or otherwise got you killed, but I'm not. Another character who was on the receiving end of countless wild surges and still was a friend. It's a shame a certain plotline never got explored further.

Nylaathria Willowmoon: Elfe. Another of the Skal Gang, Rasvyn and Nylaa were never quite as close as the rest of that group. Still, the many hours of murder together couldn't help but make some fun memories.

Cara Carndt: You can't stop me from eating garlic.

Lorenda Gald: Another filthy weave-user, and one with -teleport to boot. Lorenda and Rasvyn disagreed on many fundamental aspects of magic (which, again, usually boiled down to "don't blow up your friends, you horrid little gnome."). That being said, when they weren't bickering over that, they were a great pair.

Zoren: I unfortunately don't recall the amnesiac wild mage's last name (ironic), but I distinctly recall our first interaction in the Cordor square: "What's a gnome?" Hours of levelling by watching our monk friends punch duergar was a blast, and I'll never forget your awful clown crown.

Prellia: From her humble beginnings as a pie-maker dying to badgers on Skal to her current job as Elf Archer Extraordinaire, Prellia has been a good friend of Rasvyn's for in-game years, and also the only elf he knows he can mess with without being immediately shot. He still has a few pies in his pockets. For later.

Also a shoutout to the Shadowclaws for being the worst thing ever on or under Arelith (joking). I really wish Rasvyn had gotten to interact with you guys more, even if it would've been just throwing insults and spells.

And of course anyone I've missed above, thank you for making Rasvyn a fun character to play!

Oh, and a fun fact: his full given name was Horatio Rasvyn Kellen Zilziver Panahick Sintix Timbers Tosslepeak
Last edited by GrazalThruka on Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
And on the 8th day, God created the gnomes, because he figured that everyone had it too good as it was.

Anfalen - Paladin in Blue
Ander Lackridge - Socially Anxious Nobleman

Snake2512

Re: Dr. Rasvyn Timbers - Shelving Kudos

Post by Snake2512 » Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:02 pm

good gnome

Denny Lynndain-Walvish, certified rude boy - Rolled
Lysanthir Ellenocen - Shelved
Reznov Willensbane - Rolled
Vald Machjarak - Rolled
Gaderel Anjou, certified lawful good - Active
Rodolfo Duskvale, certified funny guy - Rolled
Ghug Sord - Extinguished

Archnon

Post by Archnon » Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:37 pm

Loved Dr. Timbers. Thanks for holding strong in the Grotto!!!

La Villa Strangiato

Post by La Villa Strangiato » Fri Sep 03, 2021 11:03 pm

i appreciate getting hellballed in illithids. it made for good rp even if you got your [EXPLETIVE] whooped later <3

(and i'll miss interacting with rasvyn as rio... always)
Last edited by La Villa Strangiato on Sat Sep 04, 2021 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Senrae
Saraskyn
Kallava Okaide
Nemerarie Athol
Rio Salazar

98lbs of sad carryweight

Post by 98lbs of sad carryweight » Sat Sep 04, 2021 12:05 am

Never forget Rasvyn Timbers who made a herd of Roths to defend Cordor in Attack that never came.

o7

BronxFury

Post by BronxFury » Sat Sep 04, 2021 4:05 am

In our few interactions, Rasvyn was such a fun character to RP with. He brought life to everywhere he went and will be remembered fondly. <3
Current: Myzzrin Brightburst (Young, Fun and Full of Hugs)

Former: Granny Stabbums (Just a Sweet Ol' Granny...)

rosediode

Post by rosediode » Sat Sep 04, 2021 4:38 pm

Rasvyn was always a lovely guy, I'll miss having you around in Cordor dearly <3

Nathan1111

Post by Nathan1111 » Mon Sep 06, 2021 6:29 am

youll stop eating that garlic if its the last thing cara makes you do, young man

gonna miss him though :(
Xune Seeriir - Died of a Terminal Illness.
Safira Athol- Girlbossing, Gaslighting, Gatekeeping

Lilah_Novi
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Lilah_Novi » Tue Sep 07, 2021 4:28 am

I WILL MISS YA BOI I'm sorry Prellia wasn't around to fetch GIFTS!
Miranel Moonmint, Revealer of Sehanine
Prellia Praline Nuthatch Aemaris Arvanyr, Former Lorekeeper of Myon
Dellie Starswallow, Painbearer of Ilmater

Tyro

Post by Tyro » Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:22 am

I'm glad we had a chance to rp again on Papin before I rolled him.

I'd been running around on my sociopath human-brained troglodyte since our Skal days, so Papin didn't do a whole lot since our encounters there.

The guy was largely a comedy character and relatively nameless, so it was such a pleasant surprise people mobilized to save him. And he got an epic and dignified finale because of it! It really gave me a chance to explore his dramatic potential. And yeah, his end was super special and touching thanks to your efforts. I'm sure he's smiling down on old Doctah Shivers / Winters / Fingers / Squinters from the Golden Hills.

All the best!
Davei "Synk" Glumgum - World Serpent Inn resident
Papin Hueh - laid to rest with his kin
Allister Odeus - put down by a good man
Allister Odeus's son - redeemed, made the best of his new life
Soethe Sai'tar - sailed back to Durpar