The 1st Aloha of the Oogooboogoo Clan (2006-2021).

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

reighbo

The 1st Aloha of the Oogooboogoo Clan (2006-2021).

Post by reighbo » Wed Sep 08, 2021 5:07 pm

The "mighty" Oogooboogoo Clan 2006-2021.
It's 1st Hello/GoodBye, Aloha.

Hello : Will never be able to Thank enough, ALL, those to have (RPed) played as : Goblins/Hobgoblins, Allies, and ANY, to stand so firmly vs. us.
In RPIng with us.

I can say : The total RPing, while as but a singular Goblin, for 10 IRL years -is- (+has been) one hell of a, wild & Incredible "ride".

And, Thank You ALL, so very much for that total ride.

GoodBye: Oogooboogoo, unless/until, is further "outside" interest, of any form of, re-starting.

The Oogooboogoo Clan complete (minus 1 Goblin), has been, as we'd wished,
Ended upon our OWN, terms. (Effective. end summer- fall (2021).
This end, by means of : Self-Ordered, off the Arelith Island, to colonize upon the Mainland.
Again, farwell to and from, Oogooboogoo, best wishes, and Goodbye.

Hello Again ? : Only by the appearance, will, & RPing of "others". And that, I could never, and never did control, only accept.
But time forgets, and names can be faster forgettable. Tho, I'd but play a single Goblin, with a single name. That ended it.
(among 2 others).

The rest of the, "Goings-Ons", within Arelith's Underdark's "Goblin-world", is next : F.O.I.G. info.
But that might to include, having to find Goblins IG. Or at least further research of the IG Goblins, themselves.
And that alone, takes a special, required, interest, after all, .. juss Goblins :mrgreen:

As for, the now more elusive, Queen (of Goblins) an former 4th Chiefess of the now mainland-headed, Oogooboogoo Clan (gone) ... Spets' ?

:lol: https://youtu.be/6mWGmzduYnU :lol:

Unless, until, otherwise found IG 8-)

Itikar

Re: The 1st Aloha of the Oogooboogoo Clan (2006-2021).

Post by Itikar » Wed Sep 08, 2021 6:51 pm

I consider myself privileged to have had the chance to roleplay with Spets, and all the other great players that took part in the Oogooboogoo clan. I still have a fond memory of those meetings in Rasma's office in Treadstone. It was really a great experience and I really hope to see your legacy upheld and remembered in the years to come.

Best wishes whatever your next project will be. <3

Davner Felmop

Post by Davner Felmop » Thu Sep 09, 2021 3:38 am

This is so sad, glad to have known Spets with 2 characters
I dont even know what to say

Dreams

Post by Dreams » Thu Sep 09, 2021 4:42 am

Incredible

A1RMAN

Post by A1RMAN » Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:05 am

Good luck with your new thing! It's a shame that weren't able to play together. Maybe in the future.

Gaal

Post by Gaal » Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:54 pm

I enjoyed the times we rp together as goblins, and once as a duergar.

Perem, El Grotto de Gnome

Curve

Post by Curve » Sat Sep 11, 2021 3:10 am

this post is actually the future of poetry

Zaravella
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Zaravella » Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:47 pm

Thanks for welcoming Inqzz into the Oogooboogoo Clan. :)
"Power is not revealed by striking hard or striking often; But by striking true."
-Honore de Balzac-

Grimspark
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Grimspark » Tue Dec 05, 2023 5:52 pm

Oogoo resurgence!!!
Ive been to zurk and the slums and the hob fortress and the crystal caves and beyond. I have read the histories and the fixtures...
and I have SEEN YOUR IMPACT, traces of those who have come before, all over the world! OOOGOOBOOGOO'S You have not been lost or forgotten... yet.
I (the player) Thank you for contributing so much over so long to this amazing world and I (The character) plan to continue in your footsteps!!

THANK YOU ALL!!
even though I doubt most if any will see this as most have moved on their presence is still FELT and THAT IS THE MAGIC of Arelith IN ACTION!!

EnigmaticSpirit
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by EnigmaticSpirit » Tue Dec 05, 2023 9:56 pm

Spets, best gobbo. Several of my drow had the privilege. Truly the best of gobbos. <3

solar separation
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Location: Space Station 3 (Have you seen Carmen Miranda's ghost?)

Post by solar separation » Thu Dec 07, 2023 7:07 am

2006?!!?!?!?!?!!? holy cats

that's, insane

Grunf

Post by Grunf » Thu Dec 21, 2023 6:28 pm

There goes my oath "i will stop playing when Spets goes off"...down the toilet.🤣

I recall the times(12-13y ago) when my drow Damien and Spets were the only logged to US server for most of the day...Grond, Pit Town, Udos...all those were OURS.🤣

I like period when your tribe marked borders up to surface vampire Mansion, i think there is even awesome drawn map somewhere. I liked how all my toons had a chance to interact with one old toon such as Spets to fill us in history but in its own charming way.

I also recall period where you were of huge help to bring back UD numbers by supporting Alliance vs Illithids resulting with FIRST DM event after several years of no DM ingame actions over entire server.

Even now i directed in roleplay someone to meet Spets, and one roleplay storyline has Spets as contributor with small clumsy thing.

I hope there is a farewell event?

Like it or not Spets or a player you must admit there was something wonderfully odd with him/her, and we who grow up here will miss it to see it on the playerlist, for sure.

Hope you come with some new toon if not, best wishes and thank you for all the plague!❤

silverpheonix

Post by silverpheonix » Fri Dec 22, 2023 1:41 pm

Spets' is a wonderful goblin, and I will miss my brief and rare interactions with her. From the surprisingly clever explanation to how she's lived for so freaking long(!) to just trying to figure out what the heck she's saying, to the constant "yes!" and dancing, it's been an excellently goblin time. Spets' really was a fixture of the server, even if little-seen at times. Coming back to discover she was gone and the Ooogoo clan is out from the druid home was surreal. Seeing the now-barren quarter was a trip; it had been put together so well.

Clayton on the Discord.

Lilith Vensurai: [Whisper] Dib's in charge of not exploding reality.
Johnathan Rigsby: [Whisper] This is unfair.

Gaal

Post by Gaal » Sat Dec 23, 2023 12:25 am

Thank you for being a great help when I first came to Arelith and went straight into being a goblin, no Skal for me, straight to the underdark. Years later, and my character building still stinks, but then I am not usually building to be OP. Off to RP my gnome, the goblins ugly cousins.

Perem, El Grotto de Gnome