Thancred: Goodbye

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Lindos

Thancred: Goodbye

Post by Lindos » Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:14 pm

The curtain has closed for Thancred. It's been a fun story, and a fun time to play him and meet the variety of characters along the way!
From arriving in Guldorand to joining the Citadel up the Spires, to meeting Myon elves and starting to live there, and participating in the Cordorian tournaments, it's been a great ride and I am grateful to all that have shared in it!
I will be following this with a list of names of people that I wish to thank for the great times, but Thancred has met many people and inevitably some names won't be on the list that deservedly should be due to my sloppy memory!

Aideen: The first person he met when leaving the boat. Plenty of adventures were had and a better shield than his actual shield!
Blacktooth: Up the manor of Mourn where they first met, friendly and helpful and his first introduction to the Citadel
Branna: Teammate #1 in the tournaments. The whispered commentaries were always a joy.
Daeran: Convinced in his beliefs and steadfast in his actions. The interactions were few but always open to make time.
Eli: First met fighting eachother in the Guldorand arena, they became quicker friends than Thancred expected but a welcome surprise!
Henry Yllakas: A quiet man, purposeful and it took a few interactions to get past superficial talks, but afterwards respect for him grew.
Kalliope: From dislike, to begrudging tolerance to wry acceptance. She's certainly a colourful character the likes he hadn't really met before.
Karathas: Met while quietly holding vigil in the night. Once turned into several times, and a cherished friendship developed quickly. Wise words and confidante.
Lysanthir: Several times opinions and thoughts changed in regards to him, but an ally he felt he could always rely on.
Melindy: From the first meeting in the Cordor outskirts, to more within the Citadel. A person he respected and valued greatly.
Mystia: From a seemingly polite gesture to more practical meetings. To becoming friends and then having more in depth conversations. Truely at one point, one he recognized himself in the most.
Nilith: Teammate #2 from fighting alongside her, to amusing conversations in the halls and under the arena. Great times were had!
Nyora: From an awkward first meeting to more in depth interactions. Getting to know each other and encouraging his artistic forays, to becoming a retainer. Someone Thancred treasured and that knew him the best.
Ragnar: Another retainer for Nyora. Someone Thancred kept at a polite distance at first, but thought
Siltrin: Quiet, yet a clear presence when around. To the point and a great ally to have.

While I could write more for each and list many more names, I will leave it as that.
The last moments were great, and thank you to DM Wraith for helping with organizing his end and giving it that little bit of extra touch.
Thanks again to everyone that helped shape his story into what it has become!
Perhaps, and hopefully we'll interact again on my next character!
Discord: Lindos#9637

Artenides

Re: Thancred: Goodbye

Post by Artenides » Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:51 pm

OMG, kudos to you! Thancred was an incredible character, while playing Alderin I thoroughly enjoyed every bit of interaction with you. Wish you all the best and looking forward to see your next character.
--
Plays as: [No active char atm]
"I am a software developer and a DnD nerd. That means I am equally qualified to deal with bugs and bugbears!"

Snake2512

Post by Snake2512 » Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:45 pm

Cool character

Denny Lynndain-Walvish, certified rude boy - Rolled
Lysanthir Ellenocen - Shelved
Reznov Willensbane - Rolled
Vald Machjarak - Rolled
Gaderel Anjou, certified lawful good - Active
Rodolfo Duskvale, certified funny guy - Rolled
Ghug Sord - Extinguished

Eters

Post by Eters » Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:47 pm

Thancred was based.

Quidix
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by Quidix » Sun Sep 12, 2021 5:22 pm

Thancred was a great character - always enjoyed the interactions!

Definately Not A Mimic

Post by Definately Not A Mimic » Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:08 pm

Thancred was a great character that I always wanted more time around. He and Mel seemed to fit together personality and mentality wise and she was always happy to see him even though it didn't often show.
Player wise, Lindos always makes amazing characters and I highly recommend rping with them if you ever run across him. It is completely worth it!
<3

magistrasa

Post by magistrasa » Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:15 am

"If there's hope for you, then there's hope for me, right?"

a fantastic personality, portrayed by a fantastic person. the encounters my character had with thancred were always deeper than anticipated, and from the first words we shared i could tell this was someone memorable and special. even so, the role thancred played in my character's development was unexpectedly meaningful, especially towards the end. our last handful of interactions cemented thancred as someone whom my character could feel a deep personal connection to - and i'm extremely upset that i didnt have the opportunity to explore that connection to its deepest potential.

speaking towards the player, im also just immensely grateful for their presence, especially during this pseudo-hiatus limbo that im stuck in. towards the beginning when it felt like everything was awful all the time, it was always just really nice to check my messages and see that they had me in their thoughts and wanted to offer a word of encouragement. lindos is just a really nice person.

so, kudos to thancred - and goodbye.

× Career Sharran × MILF Supreme × Artist (Allegedly) ×
Will Trade Art For Groceries Again Eventually