DM and dev appreciation kudos

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Artenides

DM and dev appreciation kudos

Post by Artenides » Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:31 am

I am taking a short break from Arelith development, but before I do that I wanted to start this thread because it is long long overdue.

First of all, it's absolutely INSANE that some people dedicate most of their free time working on or for this server without any compensation. Their passion and love for the server drives them (why would anyone work without any payment whatsoever otherwise?) .

DMs: You are the heart and soul of the server and I very much appreciate your work. You keep the world moving, your ideas and stories make Arelith an ever changing (therefore never boring) place. You all have a sense of humour, I am convinced that for this kind of work it is mandatory. As a player and as a dev, I thoroughly enjoyed every bit of interaction with you all. I know that you need to deal with a crazy amount of reports, complaints and requests. We often give you kudos for running a fun quest for us, but you rarely receive recognition for the tremendous background work you all do. Thank you!

Devs: The amount of work happening here is mind blowing. Our Feature Design forum section is often full of new ideas, area developers working together with scripters to create something new for the players. Web devs and artists submit their awesome work about... you know, all the stuff you see! Some devs regularly monitor builds to make sure they are as balanced as they can be. Other developers deal with bug reports, work on approved suggestions (it always amazed me that on Arelith anyone's idea can come true, given that we keep an eye on the community's feedback and wishes). We have some team members that work on completely new systems, classes, etc. The number of feature branches in the codebase is astonishing. I am also very grateful for all the coaching happening within the team to make sure trainee devs can catch-up and contribute. The fact that I have been a member of this great team for more than 3 years always gave me a sense of pride. Thank you!
--
Plays as: [No active char atm]
"I am a software developer and a DnD nerd. That means I am equally qualified to deal with bugs and bugbears!"

Snake2512

Re: DM and dev appreciation kudos

Post by Snake2512 » Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:37 am

DMs are cool

Denny Lynndain-Walvish, certified rude boy - Rolled
Lysanthir Ellenocen - Shelved
Reznov Willensbane - Rolled
Vald Machjarak - Rolled
Gaderel Anjou, certified lawful good - Active
Rodolfo Duskvale, certified funny guy - Rolled
Ghug Sord - Extinguished

The GrumpyCat
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Post by The GrumpyCat » Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:34 pm

I really appreciate a lot of the work you've put in lately! Especially for us DMs! We have a whole hoast of new tools now which we can work to make PC lives mis- er... 'Interesting.' Yes. 'Interesting' :P

You've always reached out and looked for more work, plus you've fixed up a few issues that were ongoing and that's hugely appreciated. Thank you so so much for your help and your support.

I've been meaning to write a dev appreciation thread for a bit. I think I'll take some time to do that today.
This too shall pass.

(I now have a DM Discord (I hope) It's DM GrumpyCat#7185 but please keep in mind I'm very busy IRL so I can't promise how quick I'll get back to you.)

Edens_Fall
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Edens_Fall » Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:13 pm

Since I started Arelith the DMs and Devs have been working hard on improving the Server. It seems thier dedication has only increased with the start of COVID, which I am thankful for! Arelith has been my saving grace for dealing with the stress of the real world these past two years.

So yeah, in short I guess I just wanted to say . . . THANK YOU!

Stop. Ninja Time

Post by Stop. Ninja Time » Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:34 pm

Kudos to all the devs and DMs for all they do for the server! Thank you for all you do <3