Nylaathria Willowmoon Kudos Thread

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Painus

Nylaathria Willowmoon Kudos Thread

Post by Painus » Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:14 am

Well, the time has come. I don't really know what all to say except that Nylaa's story has come to an end, and that it'd be disingenuous to her to keep her shelved indefinitely, so she's left for the mainland to wander and try to find peace in her heart. She was my first character on Arelith (and NWN in general), and I had an absolute blast playing her for the past 6-7 months. There were a lot of good times, bad times, laughter, tears, etc, and I haven't ever been drawn into a game as thoroughly as I was when I had begun playing her. Great work to all of the people who wrote with me because y'all are what kept me in the game for as long as you did.

That said, there's a large list of names I'd like to shout out (and more I'll forget to write down, so pls don't be angery):

House Rivorndir/The Wardens
There are too damn many of y'all to shout out individually without driving me insane, so I'm doing a lump kudos >_>. Aldros, Drad, Aaralyn, Dameon, Branna, Nilith, Rolf, Danae, Alexey, so on and so forth. You guys introduced Nylaa to the isle and helped her get her feet under her, helped set her up with equipment, and kept her busy so she'd stay out of trouble (mostly). The Rivorndir family will always be near and dear to her, even if they're a bunch of stinky nasty humans. Nilith and Drad kept her sane with being the only other Elves around, and, even if you were frustrating, often had good advice for her in the latter days of her downward spiral. We all butted heads at some point, but the dynamic in the faction was always a fun one to explore. Phenomenal group of writers all around and I enjoyed my time with you guys.

Defenders of the Frost
Rio, Koirin, Rasvyn, Lorenda, Cara - you guys were Nylaa's first group of friends back on Skal. From timidly asking for help smacking rats to working together to stop Cordor from being deleted from time, it was a wild ride from start to finish. Even though by the end Nylaa was the only member standing, she still kept you all near to her heart and often brought up how close the group was every now and then when asked about her friends. Another great group of roleplayers and I'm glad to have spent as much time with y'all as I did. Except Rasvyn, who was far too exploding-cow-happy. Damn gnomes.

Hewdipp
Nylaa's first best friend. The only hin that Nylaa ever liked, and for good reason. Hewdipp was an amazing character and someone Nylaa could truly confide in. From secret conversations in animal language to the dreaded Staggy Helmet, we had some awesome interactions. Getting the letter that Hewdipp left the isle crushed Nylaa, and she wished she knew how to make the little guy happier. She's glad he's back home, though, and definitely will be paying him a visit in the dead of night to remind him that, somewhere out there, is someone wearing the Staggy Helmet.

Eilwyn Poklona
Nylaa's closest and best friend. Absolute hell of a writer and someone I always looked forward to interacting with, regardless of the context. Knows how to be serious and goofy, and meshed well with Nylaa (despite being polar opposite alignments). Nylaa loved her very dearly and knew that, no matter how hard she stumbled on her path, Eilwyn would always be there to help her out and get her back on her feet. Cool character. Kind of a dork.

Mila Poklona
Nylaa's other closest and best friend. Another phenomenal writer and a character who Nylaa knew she could confide in without much judgment. There were definitely several interactions that had me tearing up as Nylaa confessed things with Mila just listening and telling her it'll be okay. The first human Nylaa grew to love and appreciate, and she was willing to do some pretty awful stuff to ensure Mila'd be okay. Wherever Mila goes, Nylaa knows Goodness will follow. Can't wait to see you come back. Also a humongous dork.

Xun'sali
Tomato. Another great character that I always looked forward to interacting with. Definitely a being of pure chaos and probably a bad influence on Nylaa, but who cares? Their interactions were always either absolutely comical or downright serious business, with little in-between. Tons of laughs were shared, and the good times they had together won't be forgotten any time soon. Massive dork.

Jach Springrunner
One of the few characters Nylaa could point at and assertively say that they were truly Good. Jach's got a heart of gold and a firm sense of right and wrong, and isn't afraid to back down from it, even at risk of life and limb. Phenomenal writer and a hell of a character. Nylaa's first interaction with him was him droning on about "formations" and "caution" when all she wanted to do was blitz through Hell and beat up some devils. Jach grew to be a close companion and I'm excited to interact with your characters on my other characters.

Jackson Walvish
This absolute lad. Another of the few humans Nylaa truly trusted. An Ilmatari through-and-through, Jackson was the epitome of the "tired of the nonsense, but will help you out anyways" kind of guy. From hysterically making fun of Banites in the Guldorand square to fireside chats in the Poklona manor, our every interaction was an enjoyable one. Another writer who I can't wait to interact with more.

Karathas
An incredible storyteller, regardless of how mundane the interaction was. Nylaa looked to Karathas as a role model and knew that he'd always provide her honest feedback and wise counsel. From their hunts, to fireside chats in the Den, to loitering in the High Halls and dealing with Nylaa's shenanigans, Karathas was the epitome of patience and righteous fury. Nylaa felt ashamed of herself for disappointing him in the end with the company she kept, but she always tried her best to try and rectify things. A great character all around, and I wish you luck in yet another rysar as Coronal.

Lysanthir Ellenocen
The story Nylaa and Lysanthir shared was an absolute rollercoaster. To even try and pen it all down would be impossible, but you (and several other people) know how much time they spent together and the wild things they did. A fantastic character who I enjoyed every interaction with and am looking forward to more interactions with the writer. Lysanthir was as stubborn as a mule and steadfast in his convictions, even if he sometimes threw tantrums. Up until the end, he was near and dear to Nylaa's heart, and she (literally) went through the Abyss and back to ensure he was alive and by her side. We made some great stories for certain, and I can't wait to see what else you do.

Oturo
Absolute bastard man. Horrible. Terrible. Not really; Oturo's a hell of a character and someone Nylaa looked towards as a role model, even if he did kill the hell out of her in Sibayad that one time. Standoffish and aloof, but still willing to mentor young hunters, Oturo was a great character. Thanks for not beating me up more.

Kaos
Another hunter Nylaa thought of as a role model. Kaos was thoughtful and rational, and offered Nylaa great counsel when she needed it, even if it hurt her to hear. Our chats in and out of the Den were always great and I look forward to more interactions with your characters.

Huron
An absolute chad. Huron was one of Nylaa's first close friends and remained that way through it all. Someone she could truly depend on for aid if she needed, Huron was the epitome of "loyal to friends." Hanging out with you in Cordor, Myon, and beyond was always a blast, and I'm glad to have gotten a chance to do a painting for you. I'll miss our goofy interactions, but I know that we'll have more on other characters. Fantastic writer deserving of great praise.

Merwyn
This was honestly a very unexpected friendship that blossomed into something more. They led distressingly similar lives and that created a bond that I didn't see coming. Merwyn helped Nylaa through her grief and embrace the universe's natural inclination towards entropy. A major contributing factor to her slow spiral downward. I loved all of our time together, and Nylaa will always keep the pale teefer close to her heart as she wanders the world. She better write, or else Nylaa will have to come back and bully her. A great writer capable of creating incredible stories.

Naexi
Another friendship that was pretty unexpected. From trying to kill each other initially to having cordial chats in Dis, sharing chocolate milk and grapes. Naexi was an awesome character and I'm glad to have gotten the chance to interact with her. Near the end, Nylaa spent most of her time in her and Merwyn's company, and I enjoyed every second of it, even if that minor competition for Merwyn formed between the two of them. A great character played by a great writer.

Tamaris
"Why are you friends with her? She's evil," is probably one of the most-said phrases to Nylaa when the topic of Tamaris came up. These two had a very controversial friendship, but Nylaa didn't care. She promised Tamaris she'd never abandon a friend, even when things got horrible. It caused a lot of friction and tension, and the stories that came as a result of how close they grew were some of the most enjoyable. Tamaris gave Nylaa some great advice when needed, and Nylaa hoped that she helped her feel less lonely in this world. Absolute chad of a character.

Duvain
This friendship was also incredibly surprising. I think it was a bad look when Nylaa's closest confidant and therapist was a Cyricist mass murderer, but that's just the way it goes. The friendship that blossomed between these two from their sporadic interactions, and later long talks, was something that was awesome to watch. Even though Nylaa knew she'd never be able to steer Duvain away from her path, she was glad to have spent time with her. She keeps that teddy bear and music box close to her, and she'll never forget Duvain's kindness during troubling times in her life. Great character, definitely don't recommend being in melee range of her ever.

Aleesia Eltris
Another phenomenal character. Nylaa had a great time with this Elf. She was full of spirit and a great friend to have, even if she kept knocking Nylaa down. Never got that quiver back from her, but oh well. Now she has a gift from Nylaa to keep, or something. Nylaa owed her a significant debt for her aid with some things, and she'd never forget the help Aly offered. Great character, prone to getting quad-critted by Drow. It happens.

Daeran + Sabiha
I'm not going to attempt to spell the surname because it takes up too much brain power, sorry. A great couple that Nylaa had some wacky moments with. They were definitely probably tired of Nylaa's hijinks, but still remained cordial and honest with her where needed. Overworked and underappreciated, for sure. I loved our interactions together and hope that we get a chance to have more on other characters.

Nyora'yllrria Elle'evera
Absolute gem of a woman. Kind, gentle, and always there when needed. Nylaa came to Nyora for counsel frequently, and, like Aly, Nylaa was indebted to her greatly for her aid. Nylaa was glad to interact with her when she did, and I'm glad to have shared some good and bad times with her.

The Rest of Myon
Okay, this is me being lazy because there are way too many names. I didn't realize how many great stories I had made with people until I had to write down a list of names, so I'm just lumping the rest of the city here. The Elf roleplayers are absolutely awesome people. I loved every little conversation or adventure we had, and I'm drawn to coming back to Myon for more on other characters. A great group of people who I'm glad to write with. Keep up the good work, y'all.

Itzal Mayar
Itzal gets special mention because he had to put up with a very tumultuous 2-4 months of Nylaa and Lysanthir. A great pseudo-antagonist for the pair, Itzal went from being a good friend to a hated enemy, and the stories we created were some of the coolest in my opinion. In the end, Nylaa saw that he was a man who truly regretted his actions, and he was the first (and only) person to ever apologize to her for how he behaved towards her. She forgave him for that, and knew that, despite the enmity they once shared, he was still a good man at his core. Great character and a phenomenal writer.

Alan
Alan also gets a special shoutout because this little weirdo was very fun to hang out with. A surprising "friendship" formed from their chats together, even if he was INCREDIBLY INFURIATING. Their walks and talks were some of the best, and Nylaa (sometimes) looked forward to seeing him. Absolute liability, though, and not very good at keeping his mouth shut. Hilarious character, great writer.

Everyone Else
There are way too many names to jot down and I feel bad for not getting them all down, but I made so many amazing stories in my time playing Nylaa that it's almost impossible to write it all here. Everyone I interacted with was amazing, and our time spent together is what kept me hooked on this ancient game. There are a lot of awesome roleplayers out there that I'm excited to get back into writing with and I hope others feel the same way. This community is amazing and I love the collaborative stories we all get to tell together. I don't think I'll be leaving Arelith any time soon.

This ended up being way longer than I expected, and it probably can be way longer if I wanted, but there's just so much to write about. I'm sad to see Nylaa go, but excited to tell new stories on other characters.
Nylaathria Willowmoon - rolled
"Emryc" - rolled
Vigdis Odhinkarr - rolled
Callum D'Amico - banned

ImUnruly

Re: Nylaathria Willowmoon Kudos Thread

Post by ImUnruly » Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:27 am

nylaa was cool fr an so are u as a player, keep em dope chars coming bruh
Characters:

Dameon Wade (Active)

Snake2512

Post by Snake2512 » Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:31 am

Cool character

Denny Lynndain-Walvish, certified rude boy - Rolled
Lysanthir Ellenocen - Shelved
Reznov Willensbane - Rolled
Vald Machjarak - Rolled
Gaderel Anjou, certified lawful good - Active
Rodolfo Duskvale, certified funny guy - Rolled
Ghug Sord - Extinguished

DefaultUser01

Post by DefaultUser01 » Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:45 am

Can't believe our girl's dead :(
Nylaathria was the greatest of us, and will be sorely missed!

RustingWithYou

Post by RustingWithYou » Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:46 am

like if you remember when nylaa was chaotic good
Characters:

Lorenda Gald Wandering the Outlands
Jek Shadowclaw
Vel'zinnia Athol In a land where the sun does not burn
Tarok Thrice-Drowned

Zachcom

Post by Zachcom » Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:48 am

the sad elf can never be hurt again... visit sometime...
i do not play characters. they are rolled.

MegaJeff

Post by MegaJeff » Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:51 am

An unforgettable character who was always fun to be around. Friend to many, menace to even more.

Asutii

Post by Asutii » Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:29 pm

augh
Last edited by Asutii on Thu Feb 03, 2022 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jeefer

Post by Jeefer » Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:15 pm

Nylaa is a well-seasoned character with much nuance, a pleasure to roleplay with from uncertain beginning to triumphant end, whether you're with them, observing, or against them. Whilst I am sad to see her go, I look forward to with great anticipation, any challenges, twists or experiences with future character interactions.

Keep doing what you do.

Cthuletta

Post by Cthuletta » Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:13 pm

Without a doubt one of the best toons I've had the pleasure of playing with, even if Tiffa did some stupid stuff that made her hate her!
I'll always love Nylaa, and how in depth she felt. I'll miss the simple times of holding up the wall in the square and bonking each other with sticks. Ty for the impact to not only my character, but the server itself. <3

Juniper Oakley - Just A Wee Bit Batty

Ny'aza 'Peggy' Philor'tyl - Travelling
Tiffa Took Hss'tafi - Happy in Sigil (Rolled)

I will never sleep

Post by I will never sleep » Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:11 pm

I am going to miss the sad elf. I definitely enjoyed our two characters bonding over loss, and I'm hoping you will find another character powerful enough to stick with you thus.

La Villa Strangiato

Post by La Villa Strangiato » Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:41 pm

i will also miss hearing about the exploits of sad elf, and her eternal quest to keep falling into more and more evil. the times were good, as they always are
Senrae
Saraskyn
Kallava Okaide
Nemerarie Athol
Rio Salazar

Flower Power

Post by Flower Power » Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:31 pm

Nyla and Lysanthir made a lot of extra work for Daeran.

A lot of it.

But it was always worth it.

<3
what would fred rogers do?

trouble on her brow

Post by trouble on her brow » Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:59 pm

Nyla was very entertaining. Tarthi will be sad to learn of her departure, even if things ended with a cold shoulder.

magistrasa

Post by magistrasa » Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:42 pm

Once, I was cordial. Kind, polite. Averse to confict. I saw what that brought me, and the pain I had to endure in the name of maintaining reputation around parasites.
Surviving my kidnapping in the Citadel let me understand what weaknesses I held, and how to destroy them from within. I learned what power was, or what I believe it to be.

...You still are, though. Kind.

Not like I once was.

Maybe not like you once were. But who you are now is built upon that foundation all the same. You are cordial, and kind, and polite - and I don't think you truly relish conflict, even if you no longer shy away from it.

...I once had a long talk with Master Sarek Malfas, of Soulhaven. We discussed our philosophies on the nature of conflict, and what strength is. We found kinship in each other's views.
But he had asked me a question that I spent a great deal of time meditating on. If my friends and family came to me, begging me to abandon my path of strife in order to live peacefully among them, would I?

...I would not.
To be entirely honest, I had an ear to some unflattering gossip and was one of the people who was tempted to write Nylaa off as a run-of-the-mill RP-lite PvP-hound. But I was lucky enough to be in the position where our paths could cross somewhat regularly, and casual interactions gradually grew into more meaningful dialogue. I was completely not expecting the depth of character that lie underneath the callous exterior. I like Nylaa. I enjoyed the time we spent together. And I'm looking forward to being murderhobo'd on whatever character comes next.

× Career Sharran × MILF Supreme × Artist (Allegedly) ×
Will Trade Art For Groceries Again Eventually

Inkish

Post by Inkish » Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:49 pm

Nylaa was a brief rival for Zith, and while it was relatively short-lasting it had some heartfelt moments and bonding. Perhaps without knowing it, she did help Zith in a few ways. It's a shame to see her go, but such is the way of things!

Bye sad elf, <3 Zith
Characters~

Zith d'Astunin ~ Semi-Active
Maev ~ Active
Secret UD Alt ~ Semi-Active
Narguul ~ Mostly Shelved
Gimmorra ~ Mostly Shelved

Edens_Fall
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Edens_Fall » Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:40 am

I only had a few chances to RP with her, but Nylaa was one of those PC's you love to hate. Was she Good? Was she Evil? Did it really Matter? She created RP and conflict with her choices and actions. One can say many things about her, but one can never say she was boring.

98lbs of sad carryweight

Post by 98lbs of sad carryweight » Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:37 pm

'We should talk more' and never did. Perhaps in the epilogue one day o7