Community, Team, Arelith

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Aelryn Bloodmoon
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Community, Team, Arelith

Post by Aelryn Bloodmoon » Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:03 pm

First off, a little ways back I made a post about what I felt was a lack of a sense of community. I don't frequently feel the need to eat my own words, but I do right now- ignoring the vast amount of positive feedback that's been going on on the forums lately, my definition of a community is a group of people who looks past their differences to make their lives better, and the way people pooled together for someone in danger of losing their home is a rarity worth noting and praising.

It's easy when your only interaction with people is through a game to lose sight of the more important connections and kindnesses done as real people, and things like this are a good reminder that all is not bleak.

The Team - In that same thread, iirc, I begged for a clearer sense of direction for Arelith. The last few updates have done that in spades, reshaping the RPR system and more clearly defining what is considered the most desirable behavior versus that which is tolerated. More-so, the adventure XP update most recently went on to make a team-based statement;
Commentary: The intent of this is to smooth out the leveling curve, attempt to respect your free time a bit more, and to remove awkward OOC conversations about levels when trying to do writs. We are watching this closely. Apprentice and training RP is allowed and very highly encouraged. On the other hand, if you are caught abusing this to boost lowbies with little to no roleplay involved, you will face deleveling, mark of despairs, character deletion, etc. at the DM teams discretion. If abuse of this new system is widespread, we will revert these changes. Please remember this is a roleplay server first and foremost and don't ruin it for everyone.
Emphasis mine.

In doing so you have both increased the quality of life of the playtime of people who provided feedback on the last adventure XP change and given a clear sense of direction for the style of behavior that is desired, versus what is tolerated or in some cases outright not wanted.

Arelith has been an amazing place of comfort, escapism, socializing, gameplay, and storytelling for years, and for all the times I pipe up with "but this" or "what if that," I'm grateful it still exists, grateful for all the effort put in, and ecstatic to see an adherence to a stance (any stance) that clearly defines an atmosphere for me to return to someday when I no longer work insane hours- and grateful for the reminder that, past the veil of the game, you all are pretty cool dudes who doesn't afraid of anything.

You guys rock. All of you. Stay healthy and make good decisions.
Bane's tyranny is known throughout the continent, and his is the image most seen as the face of evil.
-Faiths and Pantheons (c)2002