Goodbye Falgrim Vintergard

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

A little fellow

Goodbye Falgrim Vintergard

Post by A little fellow » Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:12 pm

Well, well, Falgrim ... it might not be YOUR style, but I simply wont allow you to bow out of playing Thane Falgrim Vintergard with such determination and consistency for all this time, to the benefit of so many, without giving US a chance to tell you just how much we appreciate it.

Falgrim gave his final speech today in front of a multitude of characters, and many a tear was shed after such a long story came to a close. There's too many moments for me to mention, so I will just say that this whole story for ME began when the future Thane's Warden/Thane invited my PC to a fishing trip .. the rest is history

Thank you. Get some rest. You've bloody well earned it.
Lovin' you is easy 'cause you're dutiful

Definately Not A Mimic

Re: Goodbye Falgrim Vintergard

Post by Definately Not A Mimic » Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:13 pm

Enough other things have been said to not repeat myself here that this sums it up

<3

HoneyMead
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Post by HoneyMead » Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:20 pm

"Guard your hearts now and never forget, When you find yourselves completely beset, The heart of a warrior will never surrender. Be ye like The Iron-boned and stand tall in ye splendor."

<3 inspiring.
“It was sad music. But it waved its sadness like a battle flag. It said the universe had done all it could, but you were still alive.” ― Terry Pratchett, Soul Music

Nurel
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Nurel » Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:23 pm

not sure what to write in this topic
dont think anything i can say will be enough 😮

I am just so happy to have had all these moments with Falgrim in the great place you have helped so much create.

Looking forward to playing with you on other PCs and hope, *really hope* we'll get to see Falgrim again from time to time and converse with him, and I think I speak for all of us.

Vigilance.

lordadam12

Post by lordadam12 » Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:26 pm

Well done my friend, You earned a good long rest! <3
Rolled Characters
Gytha Ulfhilda- Crownbreaker Sin/Cook
Olivia Martin-White Stag Knight
Brynja Grey Axe- Assassin of the Golden Halls.
Vuak Kolpox- Orog Palemaster
Rae'lin Vilaen-First Knight of Myon
Sirin Amalin-First Knight and Black Archer of Myon.

wulfburk

Post by wulfburk » Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:40 pm

Was amazing to roleplay with Falgrim with pretty much all my chars since i've joined the server back in 2017. Have a good one, man!

Stratonike Silvbriga
Archamus Schelen
Demetrius Herhtov

Glowing Mushroom

Post by Glowing Mushroom » Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:00 am

I never got to RP with Falgrim nearly as much as I would have liked to. But when I did, there was some seriously magic RP chemistry happening between us. Falgrim and Burin always had wonderful and profound RP, whether it was with deep and meaningful conversations, or more simple talks that implied a great deal more. Above all, there has always been an immense mutual respect between Falgrim and Burin, even if it was never truly expressed or talked about. It is simply always there, and I can literally feel it in the air when the two characters get together.

Huge kudos to Falgrim and thank you for all of the RP!
Burin the Earthly.

Archnon

Post by Archnon » Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:12 am

I've only been playing on this server for around 3 years but I can honestly say I've never felt emotional about someone else's character leaving until now. Falgrim has been Thane the entire time I have been here. He gave my very first character on the server the chance to take a starring role in RP by putting him on the Brog Council as a virtual unknown! I didn't even have 10 RPR at the time and frankly I didn't know anything about the server, mechanics, dynamics and anything else and here was this person, really encouraging me to take a lead and tell a story. It was an amazing opportunity and it was largely his ability to incorporate people that got me to stick around Brog for so long. He offered advice and suggestions on lore OOC and was always open to ideas and stories.

Falgrim is an amazing engaged RPer and worked hard to let others tell their stories while still maintaining the Falgrim character and agenda all the while. There are many who started in Brog who stuck around this server largely because of Falgrim.

I wish you the best of luck if you are taking a well deserved break. However, I do hope to convince you to eventually role up a proper Svirf now and join me below. In the mean time, my greatest hope for you is that when the DM's inevitable resurrect your character for a plot, the character turns on the necromancer that raised them to immediately slay the evil force with nothing more than one of your characteristic extensive descriptions of a stony face.

Thanks for being one of the very few people I can point to and say, "This is why I stayed".

BoltNRun

Post by BoltNRun » Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:26 am

Like an echo to those above, not much can be said that will be able to describe fully, or accurately for that matter, how much of an inspiration and model Falgrim and his Player were to me. My very first main PC I had was so memorable and something I treasure due to the many fun RP scenes we had. From the first meeting of Falgrim and Kael, to the many.. MANY strategy meetings we had discussing intel or plans. I can't forget the many times I tried to make him laugh or smile, or the countless times he inspired me to improve my RP.

Falgrim/His Player, to me is the example of a PC that when they enter the room it changes. Not because it focuses on them solely, but because their RP and their demeanor helps influence and encourage those around them. I've also said that many times that every time I RPed with Falgrim it painted such an immersive picture that I soon forgot I had errands or work to do.

I truely wish I was there at that banquet to see Falgrims last speech as I have no doubt it would have pulled some tears from me.

Thank you Falgrim. Thank you for playing such an amazing PC and such in depth dwarf that I still recall events 2-3 years ago and reference them for improvement or nostalgia. I'm not sure who your next PC will be but by god I can't wait mate!

Your favorite elf, Kael >:D

ALSO.. I take GREAT PRIDE in knowing I got Falgrim to smile, laugh and DANCE at a festival xD!

Dragonovith
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Dragonovith » Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:27 am

Having played a lot with Falgrim in the last few years (before and after the hair growth treatment) I can only say that, damn, I'll miss him so much. Thanks for the many, many good memories.

helitron

Post by helitron » Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:32 am

Thanks for all the RP over the last 3-4 years. For me, Falgrim was the rock of Brogendenstein, an inspiring leader with a lot of initiative and taking great care of all around him. Thank you for this amazing character and for all the inclusiveness - a great role model as a character and as a player.

Rolled characters:
William Bones; Durk Rotgrun; Hector Bartholomew; Rali Runehammer; Daris Blake; Nathaniel Silvers; Mordarok; Guy Silvers; Shayleth Shadowblood

Nymann

Post by Nymann » Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:03 am

I really don´t know what to say...

Simply too many things, I hope you treasured all of our moments as much as I did, all from our plot planning to the scolding of Gotriik. From the small RP to the larger RP...

A pillar of Brogendenstein community, that´s probably the best way to describe you my friend.

Best of luck
Gotriik

Exordius

Post by Exordius » Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:35 pm

Did not really get a chance to interact much with Falgrim, not being a dwarf and all, but certainly no better ally then he and Brog itself.

Wordless Truth

Post by Wordless Truth » Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:33 pm

Falgrim is legendary. Thank you so much for your dedication and contribution to the server!

TooManyPotatoes

Post by TooManyPotatoes » Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:37 pm

Falgrim has come to represent so much of what a dwarf is in my mind. An RPer i couldnt hope to emulate; yet one i will never stop trying to.

Always inclusive, yet never compromising in who Falgrim was. Even as i grew to know player and character well, i could still find myself intimidated in his presence. In awe of how he could control a room, yet also how he could turn the spotlight to another on a dime. When the Thane spoke; We listened.

As Warden to Thane Ghestaldt Blimth and as Thane himself, so much of Brogendestein's history and traditions were forged. His legacy.

As i reflect on his final speech, I am overwhelmed by the journey Falgrim has taken. He was perhaps known best for his stoic and uncompromising nature. Yet in his final speech he showed us what lay beneath this stony exterior.

A dwarf born into a clan of shame, endlessly trudging along the Crimson Path of redemption set before him. He met every struggle with an exaggerated sense of duty.

At the end he gave us his gratitude, even though it were we who were grateful. And with this gratitude he offered us his vision of hope for Brogendenstein and its people.

Both a tragic, yet inspiring figure.

Falgrim will be an impossible act to follow.

Lindos

Post by Lindos » Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:27 pm

A great roleplayer, inclusive to all and a treat to play with. Fully deserved kudos!
Discord: Lindos#9637

AnselHoenheim
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by AnselHoenheim » Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:22 am

I had only positive things to say about Falgrim, and for his player, he has created such a good character that he was not even known as Falgrim, but the title he was brandishing instead.

You know you always have me available for whatever you need, and I'm looking forward to see what are you planning next! Big BIG BIIIIG Kudos to you!

Good Character

Post by Good Character » Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:23 am

Echoing the above. Crazy how a character had such impact that he was commonly and widely know as thane. One of the most impressive characters and player that consistently kept what could have been a dead settlement active.

Ninjimmy

Post by Ninjimmy » Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:43 pm

Falgrim was iconic in a way that very, very few other characters have been and the fact that the STRONGEST emotion I've ever gotten out of him was confusion when Olwin accidentally called him Dad is a testament to the dwarf himself.

He best turn up again! I still need to get a laugh out of him.
Playing:
Olwin (AKA Olicoros Vrozt Akael Shilligg Jugem Dojj Winzalfur AKA That £$%^ing Wizard)

Fallout

Post by Fallout » Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:02 pm

Made my toon to make an arch enemy to this great player and Brog community that i Always admired, shame it never come up true....Falgrim character was amazing and different from the one before him, a true legacy will be left by that name .....as for the player....he was just and fair as a dwarf should be as that player isnbynits heart...it Will be missed.

So long...Cold Wolf.😉

Edens_Fall
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Edens_Fall » Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:58 pm

I never got to play with the Thane much due to time zones, but I have heard many a great thing about them. May you enjoy your well earned rest!

HappyHippie

Post by HappyHippie » Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:22 pm

A couple of my characters got to meet Falgrim. And while I don't rp much with Brog, it was absolutely a pleasure and real honor! Thank you!
"What sunshine is to flowers, smiles are to humanity." - Joseph Addison

Diana Wyndyr - Active
Gyda Skógr - Semi-Active
Melina Willows - Shelved

Anatida
General Admin
General Admin

Post by Anatida » Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:35 pm

The end of a real era!

I loved interacting with Falgrim so much! In the beginning Aaralyn expected that he would soften up as they got to know each other better. That's what people do, right? But, no! Falgrim was always Falgrim, crunchy shell and all.

It was my greatest disappointment that I didn't have time to get online and RP with you folks around this huge change.

My pronouns are: She/Her/That *itch

dominantdrowess
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by dominantdrowess » Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:28 am

Even before Saslae joined House Xun'viir, he beat her up when she was level 17 (to be fair? The spellsword on my side attacked him, haha -- I was a terrified low level), shovin' Zardizik in our face to taunt us that they 'got their first' etc, and killed her only ally at the time. He wasn't Thane at the time ... but very few people know this.. but:

Falgrim Vintergaard is exactly why Saslae rose to leadership to try to get the city united to fight Brogenstein, which at the time had vassaled over half the island under the Axehold Accords - though that was under the previous Thane who Falgrim served.

I think Seven thanes have now worn the same crown~? Legendary hand-offs.

This immaculate roleplayer will always have a place in my heart even as Falgrim Vintergaard has always had a place in Saslae Xun'viir's petty, black little black heart. Thank-you. Thank you so much. It was an honor to roleplay with you, and your crew any time we had the opportunity: Even as antagonists... you guys are, and have always been awesome.

He was even cool and RPed with me on my surfacer - even after he knew who I was. And I will never forget that fight at Stonehold's lava bridge. I wasn't even level 20 yet, haha.

Falgrim is a legend. And legends never die.

Thank you for all your years of faithful service to the community of Arelith. :)

It's a new age.. and I look forward to seeing what comes next.

AstralUniverse

Post by AstralUniverse » Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:52 am

I remember Falgrim from back in the days of the Heartstone quest and the Defense Accords, which we singed together and then negotiated with Myon and Cordor on the ceasefire terms. I had a lot of fun and I think Valgrim showed a lot of character depth in that event when he was torn between protecting his people, pushing towards peace, and his loyalty to a close friend who was being 'thrown under the bus' as a part of the agreement. Kudos from me.
Svrtr wrote:

I've spoken with Kenji and warpriest will be allowed to take elemental avatar so keep this in mind too