Kudos from Phaerryne

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Zariu

Kudos from Phaerryne

Post by Zariu » Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:08 pm

A lot to say with this one, despite how short the stay was. Phaerryne was a character I always knew might be rolled early, and I know its had mixed feelings about it. As an Eilistraeen I always knew I might screw up too hard, once she fell in love with a human well, that added more possible reasons she might have to leave. For those who want some context or understanding on something you could easily see OOCly as resolvable, this is my take:

"Why didn't Phae approach or try to bring people to talk Cal out of it? Because ICly, many characters have expressed opinions of surfacers causing problems and needing to be dealt with. Plus she's from Menzoberran, her kind treating humans terrible is normal. And if what he heard was true and he went to them... that is immediate death or slavery.
Possible death for the woman he loves as Phae would likely try something to get him out of it
It was all the risks in the world to check the information... it was less risky to take his girl and get out of there."

Sorry to all those who were saddened by it, but ICly it made all the sense in the world for those characters to get out of dodge and not take risks. Now onto the real kudos.

Cal'drun
From being this way too tall human blocking the gem scales, to treating her to surface food for her first time, to teaching her emotions like a sense of peace or love, to running away together and so many other stories. It all was one of the most incredible experiences I've had. I'm glad we were both open and willing to work with the fact that we might roll suddenly if the characters felt they had to leave or other results came about. It's too bad we never got to have Cal show Phae the moon and stars, though I'm sure once they get off that boatride, he will. Maybe even before then. Rping with you was a true joy as well as the way you painted the scenes, I feel like helped me to learn how to rp better. I hope to see you around in the future.

T'rissolin Xel'vraxa
I'm sorry, so many plans so many hopes all gone. For what time Phae was there I truly enjoyed it, and you stand out as someone who tries to build and enable others RP. I'm certain I'll be playing with you at some point.

Lucky
What a complex relationship. There was a lot never said, at least on Phae's side. But thank you for what was said and rped, it was all great.

Theodor Helbrecht
Another I'm sorry! I'm also certain I'll be playing with you again and see your charming commander about. It was an honor to be your assistant, as short lived as it was.

Devric
The first person to introduce Phae to anger when she said what she thought to his face, that was interesting. I didn't get to see your character fully, but there were nuances there I was able to pick up in what time we had and I enjoyed them. I look forward to hopefully hearing of more things that Devric gets into.

Valzar
I will miss the conversations we never got to have, seems as though Phaerryne was incorrect when she stated she did not have plans to go anywhere. It was great fun to speak with Valzar everytime, and perhaps he was finally able to see that beyond her attempts at a perfect Lolthite mask, was a woman who was anything but.

Valynir Xel'vraxa
You certainly left an impression on Phae, though regrettably we never got to speak on it. What you've done with the character seems impressive but despite that you were more than happy to help someone new to the house. Thank you for what assistance you gave my wayward drow.

Shion
It was great fun to explore with you and share a special secret from Phaerryne to Shion. While they shall never get to speak again, I hope some things like that last forever.

Oa'
Bull in a china shop. You know what I mean and it was hilarious. I didn't get to interact with you much, but I certainly appreciated the unique force of nature that is Oa' when I did.

Therian
We never got to speak much but I hope you find great directions after all that has occurred. And am still so glad that bad lens did not doom you.

Malathar Xel'vraxa
Our chats were short, but so interesting and informative hopefully for both sides. I hope he continues on with his plans.

Jack Topholiho
The best slave. Glad to see you about and I hope I get to hear of how his story goes if I'm not directly involved. I'm sure it will be a treat.

I couldn't really name everyone she met so to everyone else Phaerryne interacted with, you have my thanks for everything. I appreciate you all that helped to shape this incredible journey I will not forget.

Questionable Intentions

Re: Kudos from Phaerryne

Post by Questionable Intentions » Mon Sep 27, 2021 12:51 am

I don't normally say much on the forums or have much OOC contact with anyone but I definitely had a blast playing this out. It was a lot of fun and it was an amazing RP experience. Oa basically sniffing it out was pretty funny. And the times when certain people (Lucky) Burst through the door only to turn around and walk right back out made it pretty funny. Either way I wanted to leave this here since it was so much fun. I might be around at some point, maybe you'll even catch me and figure out who I am! Until then.

Morgy
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Post by Morgy » Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:53 am

Thanks for the mention. Jack is pretty new in this circle, but you've all been very accomodating.

It was planned that I would have some work with Phae coming up, and now I know she had these secrets, I'm extra gutted not to have seen how it panned out.

Best of luck on your next PC :-)

Lack_of_imagination

Post by Lack_of_imagination » Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:07 pm

Cal'drun held a very special spot in Oa's... erm... heart?
And because of this, meeting Phaerryne was a pretty intense experience, even though it was very "inward". Yea, this "Bull in china shop" scene was absolutely awesome, especially as it was, in fact, only the ripples of all that was going on under the surface. There would have been so much more to exchange.

But in the end, the story you two played was strong and its conclusion logical. Great little novela that I'm honored I could play a little part into and I sure hope I'll get to play with whatever next characters you two will join back the fun with!
Characters :
Oa'
Sokoya'solen Xel'vraxa
Antheia

Thalikor

Post by Thalikor » Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:11 pm

I hope I get the chance to run with you guys again in some form or another, was really fun.

Edit: Also gonna fix the spelling of Phaerryne's name :P

D4wN

Post by D4wN » Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:08 am

She was a great character in the short time we’ve seen her. Sad to have seen her go but look forward to the next one.

Currently playing:
Thomas Castemont - Active

Liv McDowall - Shelved
Theodor Helbrecht - Rolled
Emma Young - Rolled
Ember Joyleaf-Underfoot - Rolled