Kudos from Thekt and Maeglin

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Goldforge

Kudos from Thekt and Maeglin

Post by Goldforge » Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:08 am

So, I finally deleted both of these characters.

For Maeglin, I'd like to shout out to all the people he interacted with at the start of his story when Guldorand opened up. I really enjoyed being a part of Guldorand and Maeglin's struggle to balance his Elven identity with his loyalty to the city was a really fun experience. So, a shout out to all the Elves of Myon and the various administrations of Guldorand and Myon that Maeglin got to work for. Kent, Karathas, Itzal, and (especially) his old City Watch companions. You all know who you are. There are too many names in Myon, Guldorand and Cordor to mention, but I had a blast with you all.

For Thekt, well, firstly I apologise for anyone that ever had the misfortune of bumping into him without a dictionary at the ready. Thekt was one of my few real original characters I've made in many years of role playing on NWN1 and NWN2. Since PW's have ever been a thing I have only ever lucked upon 2-3 Thekt's out of all the characters I've made. I have no idea what part of my brain he came from, but sometimes that just happens. He was a special experience and I'd like to think would've made a great and funny NPC companion in any Bioware RPG. To all the Underdarkers whose consciousnesses Thekt got to reach confluence and resonance with, know that wherever he went his frontal lobe is experiencing great positive neurological stimulation at the memories of cavitating heretics together with you. I won't mention specific names because literally every single interaction I had with everyone was great, and I can't express enough how rewarding it felt to constantly receive so much positive reinforcement from other players who would literally send me tells every day saying how much they love my character, or how much they were laughing and enjoying the roleplay. He was at times exhausting to play, for obvious reasons (so I often took breaks), but the effort was well worth it in the end. So thanks to everyone.

D4wN

Re: Kudos from Thekt and Maeglin

Post by D4wN » Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:56 am

I absolutely adored Thekt. One of my favourite things to do was to try and translate his crazy words. I still fondly remember the little detective stint you had me do on your altar that time. Every interaction with him made me laugh, including the accidental beat down when we tried to scare the pants of Jack.

Currently playing:
Thomas Castemont - Active

Liv McDowall - Shelved
Theodor Helbrecht - Rolled
Emma Young - Rolled
Ember Joyleaf-Underfoot - Rolled

La Villa Strangiato

Post by La Villa Strangiato » Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:03 am

thekt was a quirky little character and i'll miss him
Senrae
Saraskyn
Kallava Okaide
Nemerarie Athol
Rio Salazar

Snake2512

Post by Snake2512 » Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:15 am

Maeglin was cool

Denny Lynndain-Walvish, certified rude boy - Rolled
Lysanthir Ellenocen - Shelved
Reznov Willensbane - Rolled
Vald Machjarak - Rolled
Gaderel Anjou, certified lawful good - Active
Rodolfo Duskvale, certified funny guy - Rolled
Ghug Sord - Extinguished

In Sorrow We Trust
Project Lead
Project Lead

Post by In Sorrow We Trust » Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:31 pm

who am I supposed to cavitate people with now

Morgy
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Post by Morgy » Mon Oct 04, 2021 2:07 pm

I will miss both of these LADS!

Haroshia
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by Haroshia » Mon Oct 04, 2021 3:27 pm

o7 Later Maeglin. You were a good one.
Tove Auburnridge

Lack_of_imagination

Post by Lack_of_imagination » Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:45 pm

Thekt was awasome... how alien he felt and yet, once you started understanding, how "humane".
Congratulations and thank you for all you've done. I can't wait to see what you'll come up with next.
Characters :
Oa'
Sokoya'solen Xel'vraxa
Antheia