Huron's Kudos

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

MegaJeff

Huron's Kudos

Post by MegaJeff » Tue Oct 05, 2021 5:40 am

Hello! After a long time of playing Huron, and a month or two of inactivity on the character that’s followed. I’ve decided to shelve him, and am wanting to give thanks for the experience that I’ve had. It has been a wild ride, and I met a lot of amazing characters throughout that journey. I know that I can’t fit everyone on this thread or in my memory, but I want to thank everyone that I was able to roleplay with. And I hope I was able to contribute something to other people’s experiences and stories as well.

I’ll try to list this out in a loose chronological order since that’s the best way for me to remember.

Eilwyn Xyrsis: Huron’s first, best and longest friend. Someone who has been with him every step of his journey. These two characters shared so many memorable times together. Funny moments, fighting alongside each other, and trying to fix their own issues together. So, it is no doubt Eilwyn was always his most trusted friend. He always considered himself better off for having known her.

Xun’sali: The first other Tiefling that Huron met made for a very formative experience for the character. Someone that he felt always had the answers to the endless questions that plagued someone who was a part-fiend. He learned a lot from them; how to be introspective, and how to experience life through a better tempered perspective. A character that’s both very wise and also a joy to be around.

Serenity: Spending time with them showed that each Tiefling is very unique in their own ways. They had some great roleplay in their interactions, and I feel a lot was learned from it. And the conclusion of this was that Huron had much to learn in order to become a better person.

Nylaathria Willowmoon: Someone that took a little while for Huron to get to know well. Outwardly crass and disruptive to society, Nylaa eventually became a close and loyal friend. Someone that could be relied upon during dire times, and confided in regardless of the subject. Also an amazing artist, receiving a painting from them was one of the most touching moments I’ve had on this server.

Lysanthir Ellenocen: A reliable brother in arms. It is hard to assess the relationship between the two. As it’s a stretch to even say they were actual ‘friends.’ They were extreme opposites of each other, brought together by common interests and goals. Which made for an extremely interesting dynamic. Not someone you would go drinking with, but someone that you’d trust to watch your back when you needed it most.

Mila Poklona: Mila’s compassion and kindness is one of the major things that would always pull Huron out of the deep end of becoming irredeemable. An undeniably good and selfless person, who just has this uplifting aura about them.

Jach Springrunner: A somewhat rocky friendship between the two. Huron saw Jach as someone who stood by his code no matter the hardships that may follow from that. And while he had an entirely different outlook on life to him, he had great respect for how he conducted himself. He quickly became someone he could trust when it came to matters of doing what was right.

Whisper: Much of what I consider my most enjoyable moments on the character were with Whisper. Someone who went through such a crazy story arc, and being able to be a part of it; and contributing to it made for some memorable and fun roleplay. Someone with an icy exterior who took genuine time and effort to see the good inside of them, which was well worth it.

Duvain: A very mysterious and complex character. On one side, a jaded killer; and on the other an extremely wise friend who always had advice to give. Someone you can talk with for hours on end and never get bored.

Theodor Helbrecht: Someone who for a long time, was the dramatic big bad guy in the background for Huron and his friends. He had a meddling hand in many character arcs, and it was actually a while until they met. After hostilities ceased, I got to know the character more personally. It was fun to get to know the deeper motivations behind their behaviour.

Tamaris: The closest thing Huron ever had as a mentor. Someone, who while very similar, wanted to help prevent him from making similar choices that she did. Also taught him how to fight, which consisted of mostly beating him up in the arena. It made for one of the best dynamics I've experienced so far.

Myla Hawke: A close friend that I’d see sparingly, but always have meaningful conversations and trips with when we caught up. One of the first people who’d take a moment to sit down and talk about their hopes, dreams and fears.

Nevve: Had such an interesting and compelling character arc, and being a part of it and seeing much of the rest made for some amazing roleplay and major character development for Huron.

Minstrel: Someone who was always there to help Huron when he needed it, even when it may have put themselves in a difficult situation as a result. That degree of kindness goes a long way and will always be remembered.

Jonathan Rigsby: Another of the oldest friends. Being able to play darts and chat about anything was very memorable and meaningful in contrast to the crazy hijinks of the rest of the island.

Aleesia: A very chaotic and exciting character. Gave off a very unhinged vibe, but was also a trusted friend. Helped and taught him a lot.

Varelas: He’s very unnerving. Someone who was persistent in a lot of events that Huron passed through. From shadowy figure to neighbour, their unpredictable yet calm nature is what made interactions with them memorable.

The Artificer: One of the most captivating characters on the server. We didn’t hang out a lot, but every single time offered something special. Someone who is great at creating unique stories for not only themselves but others. Whether that was studying the Deep Wells or learning to dance, each experience was amazing in their own way.

Hlarnoth: A very compelling evil bad guy leader, then friend. Called Huron lad a lot, gave off boomer dad vibes.

Naexi: In the end, the person Huron grew to trust the most I feel. Initially kind of technically enemies, they turned out to have a lot in common. They went through a lot together, and became the person he could rely on whether that was for talking, fighting or saving someone's life.

Zith: The Drow that Huron got to know best. They always had some interesting story to tell or scheme to share. Someone who always was able to make things happen and have places to go. There was never a dull moment with them.

Merwyn: A good friend who showed Huron the ‘other side’ of life in a sense. What it's like when you embrace the fiendish aspect of being a Tiefling. Which lead to doing a lot of interesting things that I hadn't previously expected. They were always able to construct interesting roleplay for the people around them.

A very long list and yet, I feel there's more to it that I can't recall. Thank you everyone, and I look forward for what's to come on new characters.

LIAR LIAR

Re: Huron's Kudos

Post by LIAR LIAR » Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:02 am

mm boi

D4wN

Post by D4wN » Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:41 am

Huron was great! I loved tormenting him. And later having a very weird and awkward relationship. Not to mention the super personal moment they had in the Citadel together which was also awkward, but quietly wholesome.

Currently playing:
Thomas Castemont - Active

Liv McDowall - Shelved
Theodor Helbrecht - Rolled
Emma Young - Rolled
Ember Joyleaf-Underfoot - Rolled

neverwinternightly

Post by neverwinternightly » Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:16 am

Lily and Huron only really ever had a couple talks, but the rare occasions they did produced great scenes, so thank you! Enjoy whatever comes next!

FrickenChris

Post by FrickenChris » Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:30 am

I like this guy.
Tarah Walvish - Rolled
Conni Ano'coda - Active
Souta Vanri - Active
Abi Niche - Rolled
Corellia Aendoria - Active

Snake2512

Post by Snake2512 » Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:41 am

yeah Huron was cool

Denny Lynndain-Walvish, certified rude boy - Rolled
Lysanthir Ellenocen - Shelved
Reznov Willensbane - Rolled
Vald Machjarak - Rolled
Gaderel Anjou, certified lawful good - Active
Rodolfo Duskvale, certified funny guy - Rolled
Ghug Sord - Extinguished

In Sorrow We Trust
Contributor
Contributor

Post by In Sorrow We Trust » Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:54 am

Sad I didn't get more time with him, he seemed very well thought out and a great character played by a great player!

Inkish

Post by Inkish » Tue Oct 05, 2021 11:11 am

Love love love love love Huron. Their friendship started with bumping into each other in Dis and Zith just reading him like a book to his face, to becoming one of the drow's best friends and reliable allies. It was always fun to go adventuring with him or sit around chatting the night away. Gonna miss this lad.
Characters~

Zith d'Astunin ~ Semi-Active
Maev ~ Active
Secret UD Alt ~ Semi-Active
Narguul ~ Mostly Shelved
Gimmorra ~ Mostly Shelved

Jeefer

Post by Jeefer » Tue Oct 05, 2021 11:24 am

Adventures with Huron were great.

Asutii

Post by Asutii » Tue Oct 05, 2021 1:20 pm

ok

Tarkus the dog

Post by Tarkus the dog » Tue Oct 05, 2021 2:31 pm

nothing more to teach

I will never sleep

Post by I will never sleep » Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:25 pm

Lovable guy.

2cwldys

Post by 2cwldys » Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:13 pm

I enjoyed playing with you on Serenity! Thank you for the kudos, I enjoyed their RP a lot, and I look forward to seeing more from your other toons! <3 :)

Despite her darker impulses, she definitely tries to do better, and to be a better person than what her lineage gives credit for!
Huron was a big integral role in her character development.
Login: Fetch My Wine Jean-Luc

Serenity
Dynfynnel
William Waynolt
Ashard Brinsbane
Rognar Hellbelch
Teclis Vyshaan
Taurus
Auwaelyn
Avelyn Xun'viir
Beldrin Xun'viir
Maddie Ayloud
Benny Wiselot
Xadrin Ssambra

Burt Macklin, FBI

Post by Burt Macklin, FBI » Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:15 am

Huron was the vessel for a lot of incredibly memorable moments while playing Myla. Sorry for her appearances being so sporadic, but know that Huron was always a bright light to gravitate towards whenever I did log in!

Great character. Enjoy what comes next!