Thanks, all; so long

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Batrachophrenoboocosmomachia
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks, all; so long

Post by Batrachophrenoboocosmomachia » Tue Oct 05, 2021 1:13 pm

Hi folks,

I've been here a while, and though there's still so many things I want to play and write and build and code, I have taken time to reflect and feel that I have finally exhausted myself here.

I'm making a clean break to move onto new projects and creative outlets and will keep in touch with just a few folks. I am vastly grateful to everyone for all the times. I hope I improved your experience here and that you are kind and excellent to each other. The Team has my deepest gratitude and respect and best wishes, and the playerbase has my thanks and appreciation. In particular:

DM Watchtower: Where-ever you've gone, thank you again. You taught me I could code, you brought me onto the team, you always encouraged me. I wouldn't have my current RL career if you hadn't. I am eternally grateful.

Irongron: You have offered opportunities and trust and good company. Thank you for everything personally, and for supporting Arelith with all that enthusiasm and energy you have.

The Team: Teammates and buddies. You guys are all really just wonderful. Arelith is unbelievably lucky to have you guys- I still can't believe the quality and scope of this place with just a volunteer team, you guys rock! I've learned from you and you've kept me sane.

To my friends in the playerbase who I've gotten to know well, exceptionally kind people and marvelous writers and creative spirits, who I admire greatly and am grateful to count as friends: You are wonderful. I'll be in touch.

Initially there was lot more I wanted to write but it made for a draft with way too many words for something very simple and meant heartfelt:

Thanks, all; so long!

Good Character

Re: Thanks, all; so long

Post by Good Character » Tue Oct 05, 2021 1:41 pm

Did some really fine work. While newer players will never know the work put in, those of us who are here now will remember. Hope you find that new project that endlessly motivates you!

Edens_Fall
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Edens_Fall » Tue Oct 05, 2021 1:41 pm

Thank you for everything you have done for Arelith! I wish you success and happiness wherever you end up!

The GrumpyCat
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Post by The GrumpyCat » Tue Oct 05, 2021 1:49 pm

Like Watchtower, you're one of those very special people who was amazing in all forms of Arelith work, and you gave so much to it at all levels. You will be deeply, deeply missed.
If you return - the lights will still be on.
If you don't - then may many new wonderful things light your path. You deserve it.
This too shall pass.

(I now have a DM Discord (I hope) It's DM GrumpyCat#7185 but please keep in mind I'm very busy IRL so I can't promise how quick I'll get back to you.)

DM Snowcat

Post by DM Snowcat » Tue Oct 05, 2021 1:50 pm

I'm sure everyone is sad to see you leave. I am, atleast. Even though only interacting with you on the contributor side after becoming DM, I enjoyed the sassy attitude you had for everything. It was amazing to follow whenever you did things, and you always did them with passion.

Godspeed whatever and wherever y'all be heading.
"Just want to remind everyone when talking about anything involving DM workload as if it's an easy thing, we have 153 players per dm." - Garrbear
[When Arelith goes down, only one Hero remains] Artistic Rendition (By LavaCookies)

Borin Drakkmurl

Post by Borin Drakkmurl » Tue Oct 05, 2021 1:51 pm

Thank you.

You are an amazing player and dev who's made a mark on this game in so many different yet impactful ways.

I'm sure that many, like myself, have looked up to you as an awesome example to follow, for a while now.

Thank you.
Past characters: Daedin Angthalion; Lurg Norgar; Urebriwyn; Ubaldo Ferraz; Erodash Uzdshak; Borin; Belchior Heliodoro; Orestes Fontebela

DM Starfish
Art Director
Art Director

Post by DM Starfish » Tue Oct 05, 2021 1:52 pm

Roleplay is a two way street.

Morgy
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Post by Morgy » Tue Oct 05, 2021 1:57 pm

Thank you for helping build this world, and I hope you find success and joy in all you do.

Complex
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Complex » Tue Oct 05, 2021 1:58 pm

wishing u the best

Archnon

Post by Archnon » Tue Oct 05, 2021 2:04 pm

Just amazing work and dedication you have given this community. Thanks so much! Good luck in wherever the world takes you and when you get bored are a feeling nostalgic, you can always come back and play with us! Enjoy the fruits of your labor!

neverwinternightly

Post by neverwinternightly » Tue Oct 05, 2021 2:11 pm

Both IC and OOC, you have been an absolute treat to interact with. I really appreciate all the time and energy you put in (and I’m still baffled by how you managed it sometimes) and I hope that whatever comes next for you is immensely satisfying!

I hope nothing but the best for you and thank you a ton <3

Kalopsia
General Admin
General Admin

Post by Kalopsia » Tue Oct 05, 2021 2:15 pm

It's been a wonderful time, Bat. I'm extremely grateful for all your help on the dev side of things, and very sad that time zones never let me enjoy your RP as much as I hoped. Gonna miss you, friend!

Artenides

Post by Artenides » Tue Oct 05, 2021 2:36 pm

Hey Bat, I am glad we hear from you. Wish you all the best, it's been an absolute pleasure working with you. I am sure wherever you go you will be a great asset.
If one day you wake up and hear a dark whisper tempting you to come back, do not freak out, it will be just me. :D
--
Plays as: [No active char atm]
"I am a software developer and a DnD nerd. That means I am equally qualified to deal with bugs and bugbears!"

Wishes

Post by Wishes » Tue Oct 05, 2021 2:47 pm

Batrachophrenoboocosmomachia wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 1:13 pm
...and best wishes...
?????

susitsu

Post by susitsu » Tue Oct 05, 2021 2:55 pm

Lucia will always be ohana. We had some good times, Batcountry.

Inordinate
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Inordinate » Tue Oct 05, 2021 2:57 pm

If need there comes to shelter my ship on the flood;
The wind I calm upon the waves, and the sea I put to sleep

Ork
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by Ork » Tue Oct 05, 2021 3:28 pm

MANFLESH! Cheers, mate. Loved our roleplay, loved all your areas, loved your aesthetic. Here's hoping I get to enjoy all that again someday.

Aren
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Aren » Tue Oct 05, 2021 3:59 pm

I rarely post in these things, but you were an amazing addition to the team. Thank you for all the hard work you put into Arelith- really.

".. the other number that isn't 18." - Jack Oat
".. but- someone is still pumping the brakes sometimes, right? ...right?" - Batcountry

In Sorrow We Trust
Contributor
Contributor

Post by In Sorrow We Trust » Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:10 pm

Bats, you were always a huge inspiration for me. I'm terrible with words and communication, but it was an honor to work alongside you. Though, I always knew you were moving up. You can do so much with your skills and I'm glad you are continuing to pursue your interests. You are a star and you will be very missed, as will Wine Auntie Sydney. I hope I'll see your name on some new (inevitably awesome) game releases or something.

Thanks for putting up with my junk, too.

Vittoria Veleno
catch me if you can

Xarge VI

Post by Xarge VI » Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:13 pm

You've been an infernally glorious addition to the server for a long time and a personal favorite. I don't think it's an overstatement at all to call you a master in the roleplaying art. Always fun and inclusive- Always serious and lighthearted in the perfect balance with the mystery just deepening the better you get to know the character/s. Something we all should strive for in the server.

Sad to see you go, but I understand well that sometimes it's best to re-evaluate where the creative juices are poured.

Xerah

Post by Xerah » Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:26 pm

See you around, Champ. Didn't get to see the changes to Cordor until recently, but very cool addition; thanks!
Katernin Bersk, Chancellor of Divination; Kerri Amblecrown, Paladin of Milil; Xull'kacha Auvry'rae, Redcap Fey-pacted; Sadia yr Thuravya el Bhirax, Priestess of Umberlee; Lissa Whitehorn, Archmage of Artifice

LichBait

Post by LichBait » Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:43 pm

<3 to you friend.

Current
Ayiesha Dahyarif
Ilphaeryl Xun'viir

Watchful Glare

Post by Watchful Glare » Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:49 pm

It's a terrible day for rain.

Thank you for everything you've done for Arelith and all the great RP you've given too
Biz here was a constant subliminal hum, and death the accepted punishment for laziness, carelessness, lack of grace, the failure to heed the demands of an intricate protocol.

Irongron
Server Owner/Creative Lead
Server Owner/Creative Lead

Post by Irongron » Tue Oct 05, 2021 5:29 pm

It should go without saying that you've left behind a substantial legacy, both as a player and developer.

There is a lot I'm going to miss; not just all that work you put in, but also your insight and advice on how to manage the server successfully.

Most of all though, I'm going to miss your company. Wherever you end up, be well.

Emotionaloverload

Post by Emotionaloverload » Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:18 pm

Thank you for all your beautiful work and storytelling. I wish you the best with your new projects!

<3!
-S
Formerly; Echo Hemlocke-Ralkai, Joshua Colt, Namil Evanara, Elanor Shortwick, Sawyer Brook, Kaylessa Dree, Sines Oliver Selakiir, Birgitta Birdie Swordhill, Bella Weartherbee, Arael Laceflower, Corbin, Rupert Silveroak, Hadi the Slave and others.