The Price of Progress

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Edens_Fall
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

The Price of Progress

Post by Edens_Fall » Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:25 pm

Hello Everyone!

Well . . . I certainly wasn’t expecting to roll Kesa last night when I logged in to handle the daily affairs of her position. But that is what makes Arelith so great! The ebb and flow of the story. While not planned, the situation and settlement game mechanics allowed her assassin to be the logical end point for Kesa Hillside’s story.

SPECIAL KUDOS: For the two assassins that got her. The trap, planning, and stage were all well prepared and well executed. It was definitely one of the better deaths I’ve had PvP wise, and you should both feel proud of your accomplishment.

Kesa has been around Arelith for a long time. Over the course of her life, she went on many adventures and made many friends. However, I always personally felt she lacked a real life's goal to her story.

That was until Guldorand.

While my desire as a player was to add spice to, what I felt, was the rather stale dynamics of surface politics between settlements while at the same time pushing Guldorand more to (what I think was) the Founder’s vision of New Guldorand. In this I hope I was at least somewhat successful. Kesa of course was simply doing what she felt was right, be it good or evil, for the greater good of Guldorand. Often that meant upsetting the status quo of things, which is not always a bad thing. But I see now, such actions can also bring enemies.

Either way, I am so happy to have met everyone I did. For Kesa to have worked her way up to High Sheriff and created what I hope was enjoyable RP for everyone. While there are many I would like to thank (forgive me if I missed anyone), a few deserve a special thanks!

DM GRUMPYCAT - I greatly enjoyed your representation of the many Founder’s Council members and your current Turtle Dragon plotline. As I’ve experienced in the past on other PC’s, your events and interactions are always a pleasure! Please never change how awesome you are!

THE PLAYER of Samantha Goodman - While I enjoyed our interactions IG, what I am most thankful for is your help out of it. Your ability to explain and walk me through understanding the games settlement system allowed me to do the many things I wanted. Thank you So much!

HAWK - The almost relationship and sweet moments were truly enjoyable. Thank you. I hope you are enjoying your new PC wherever you are. Kyaaah!

DERRISTAN BARELY - I am glad you were able to find the retirement you so craved!

SPEEDY MONK ALI - Thank you for being adorable and always honest with your thoughts to Kesa. As one of the few who had known Kesa the longest it was nice to be able to spend so much time with you.

ANGELA AMANA - While we started as rivals in politics, you quickly proved to be both a friend and ally. The advice and Wisdom you gave was important in keeping the barbarian’s blunt nature in check. Thank you for working as hard as you did and taking on the responsibility of leadership as Urban Praetor.

AVALRI DELOCKE - Oh how many times Kesa hit her head into a wall after dealing with Ava. You were the thorn in my side, and I loved it. I hope your character finds a worthy ending to her story one day, as few have gone through as much as she has.

ELROWADE - Thank you for stepping up to lead the Watch during a time when it was hard to find those willing to help.

GWENLLIAN AUBURNRIDGE - Little needs to be said of her, as she is already so well known and loved. Thank you for being you!

DRAGO VOLINSKAYA - While we didn’t get to RP much, I was thankful when your family put down roots in Guldorand and added to the Republic's diversity.

IVAR FERDAMANN - Twin blade to Ava and second source of Kesa’s aggravation. Thank you for always speaking honestly and doing what you thought was right. I enjoyed our time together.

NISHKIR USKURA - My Rival. My Trump Card. My friend. Uskura provided a much-needed balance in Guldorand. A bridge from the old ways of thought to the new. He showed that Guldorand really does judge one by their actions and not by their birth. Thank you for working so hard for the Republic. Your efforts earned you a noble title and Guldorand a valuable RPer (Not to mention an upgraded Warship).

TANIS - While now gone, you too deserve a tip of the hat for your efforts with the Garrison. Thank you so much!

RAYLA (Never Ray) - The troublemaker promoted as punishment. You showed me the great breath of RP you as a player are capable of. From the Quiet and loyal lilith to the feisty Rayla, you brought much life and joy to the streets of Guldorand. Thank you for being my friend and putting up with my ideas.

VEISHA & LYRIA - I list you both together, for to me you are parts of a whole. I don’t have the words to properly express my thoughts and feelings to you both. Know I treasured our time together, missed you when not there, valued your advice, and gave thanks to the effort you put into helping Kesa’s ideas be implemented. I will miss our RP together most, I think. Our daily meetings and situation reports provided the foundation for Kesa. Without your help Guldorand would not have run as smoothly as it did. I hope whatever story comes next for you both, it leads to fun and fulfillment. I look forward to our paths crossing again one day.

I am getting a bit choked up writing this, so I’ll leave it here for now. Know there are many more that are worthy of mention and likely more I have forgotten about while I sit here.

So, to all those who loved, liked, and hated Kesa Hillside . . . Thank you!

Stop. Ninja Time

Re: The Price of Progress

Post by Stop. Ninja Time » Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:35 am

Rest in Peace Kesa.

The Andrew, Saoirse, Ren and Kesa never did get to go for that picnic together! Alas only Andrew survived long enough.

Kesa was a blast and I'm glad to have gotten to RP with her on more than one character. Looking forward to what you do next :)

Bonetree

Post by Bonetree » Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:44 am

Rest in Peace Kesa!.

Hawk misses her alot and i appreciate all the good times and think you played Kesa really well.

You are a bloody legend

KingOfHeroes

Post by KingOfHeroes » Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:13 am

Kesa was an amazing character and an amazing Sheriff, RIP!
I have made a horrible, childish mistake.

Disaster Lesbian

Post by Disaster Lesbian » Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:32 am

I adored every interaction had with Kesa. She was a valued friend, and while there was a side to their friendship I won't share, it has certainly affected Veisha.

I thoroughly enjoyed the moments they had together, I can already attest to the fact I miss them already, though I look forward to seeing what you bring next, and look forward to when our paths cross again, be it on Veisha and Adelyn, or other PCs we have.

Well done, and well played.

Player Of:
Veisha Calan - Active;
Vanna Orthae-Orseeva - Shelved
Liliana Elossa - Rolled; Fighting Fiends in Avernus
Szol Shadowclaw - Rolled; Gone to rend kneecaps

Sariah N'landroshien - Rolled; Has become one with the Hag

Morgy
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Post by Morgy » Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:03 pm

Never had many chances to interact with Kesa, but I very much admire the drastic directional changes you took Guldorand in - it led to lots of story opportunities!

Lack_of_imagination

Post by Lack_of_imagination » Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:18 pm

No more Kesa drooling with her eyes spinning like Kaa's in the Jungle's book during language teaching sessions :(
I know we interacted only twice but Kesa was a really intriguing and fun balance of idealism and down-to-earth.
Antheia will mourn her and I hope you'll have alot of fun on your next character!
Characters :
Oa'
Sokoya'solen Xel'vraxa
Antheia

Wethrinea

Post by Wethrinea » Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:48 am

I thoroughly enjoyed the upset you brought to Guldorand and the surface by ripping up the old Order of things, as it gave me the opportunity to experience battles of principles and will rather than button-smashing. So I am sad to see Kesa's story end.

Thank you for all you did for Guldorand! You will be missed, by me and Ivar both. Kesa remains his favourite firbolg, even if they came disagree strongly in the end.
Ivar Ferdamann - Mercenary turned Marshall

Elesadi

Post by Elesadi » Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:17 am

Kesa was such an interesting character in Guldorand, and the first person I've encountered that really embraced the idea of the Founder's Council and their vision.

I think what you did as High Sheriff is absolutely awesome for shaking up the settled norm and bringing some very interesting topics up for discussion.

Sadly, Avalri does not agree. As someone who absolutely despises the Council, she had a hard time getting along with Kesa, and likely gave her more than her share of headaches. I am a bit sad that it all ended before Kesa could find out about Ava's past dark deeds and the play that could come from that.

Looking forward to see what you will do next.
Plays as: Avalri DeLocke

Interium
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by Interium » Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:51 am

Good character and a good player! Your end came very sudden and I must say I was impressed by it as it seemed to be more or less unplanned on your end, even though it's also always a bit sad to see a character like that disappear.

I think you should be happy and proud of what you accomplished and how you started by challenging the previous government, lost the first election but didn't give up and instead fought on to secure and become High Sheriff. A lot of people give it one shot and leave slightly bitter when things don't go their way but you tried again instead and it paid off :)

I hope you had fun on the way, in the end that's all that matters and I certainly enjoyed it!

Kudos to you!