Thank you from Derristan Barley

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Elesadi

Re: Thank you from Derristan Barley

Post by Elesadi » Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:09 am

Derristan is such a wonderful character, and he has made a huge impact on Avalri for being the very reason she came to Guldorand and joined the Shields in the first place. I have always admired the way you manage to mix stern authority with absolute goofball and just genuine care for the people around you. For both being a fantastic supporting character and a fearless leader who's values was so solid you could practically reach out and touch them.

Thank you for welcoming this strange young girl from the forest into the Shields. Ava will always remember disciplinary "hnghs" when she messed up big, fatherly support whenever she felt absolutely crushed by life and that one time she had to push him through the hole in the old workshop because his armor got stuck. he taught her how to rescue people stuck in holes.

Here's to a lot more years and more fun adventures. Remind her to take him fishing at some point!
You're awesome!
Plays as: Avalri DeLocke

Reiklandraider

Post by Reiklandraider » Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:16 am

didnt rp much with you, but damn the times we did rp made westian feel like a soldier amongst soldiers being comrades, thanks for all that!

Vespidae

Post by Vespidae » Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:46 pm

I first met Derristan when I played Tansy the miller's daughter. He was fresh off the boat and amazingly awkward. I like to think she had an effect on the young Derristan!

I next met him as Duster, by which time elements of that awkwardness were still present. He was still very much the same character but changed by time, experience and his duties.
I hope to meet him as my current and future characters if he is still around!
Playing: Tal

Baron Saturday

Post by Baron Saturday » Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:51 pm

*sneaks Derr-Bear pinup painting into Guld art museum*

It's been a while, dude, but Derristan was always a delight.
Rolled: Helene d'Arque, Sara Lyonall
Shelved: Kels Vetian, Cin ys'Andalis, Saul Haidt
Playing: Oshe Jordain

Hyrland D~Kaya

Post by Hyrland D~Kaya » Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:39 pm

It was an absolute pleasure roleplaying with Derristan through Glace Canon! Thank you very much for the incredible character. I look forward to adventuring with your next creation! :D

Hyrland D’Kaya/ Bashagain
Playing as Aerdrick Silverarms and Flynn Eldafire

Wethrinea

Post by Wethrinea » Fri Oct 22, 2021 5:35 am

Thankfully, I read the whole post, and noted that you are not retiring the old oaf yet! He lost that bet, and I -will- see Derristan in a kilt.

Derristan is awesome, you are awesome, and I can't name many who have had such an impact on my character and Guldorand/Westcliff in general. Listing everything memorable would take more pages than I am able to write.

See you in game!
Ivar Ferdamann - Mercenary turned Marshall

AddledPunster
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by AddledPunster » Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:49 pm

DERRISTAN!

I'm with Ivar's player in that I'm very glad that I've fully read the whole thing. When I saw the post, my heart was seized for a moment with dread, but hot dog I'm glad that I was wrong.

Derristan's always been someone I'm delighted to roleplay with. Never have I seen someone so effortlessly pull of the "Grandpa to All" position so well while also being a proper Military Commander. He was someone that Cheryl had an incredible amount of respect and admiration for, and someone Gwen sees as a pillar of Guldorand, the sort that will keep holding up long after the man himself is gone, though she's very glad that he's not gone yet.

Keep on keepin' on, Derry bear!

Previously Played: Cheryl Garrio, the Rat Witch of Guldorand. Gwenllian Auburnridge, Spelljammer enthusiast.

Zaravella
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Zaravella » Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:49 am

Derristan was one of Zaravella's most treasured friends. He was a force.

I look forward to meeting your new character. :)
"Power is not revealed by striking hard or striking often; But by striking true."
-Honore de Balzac-

Ninjimmy

Post by Ninjimmy » Thu Nov 04, 2021 7:39 pm

I liked Derristan a bunch. I stan Derristan.

Also on the record as one of Mythic's favourite characters, I have a chat log somewhere to prove it.
Playing:
Olwin (AKA Olicoros Vrozt Akael Shilligg Jugem Dojj Winzalfur AKA That £$%^ing Wizard)

Sleepwarden
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Sleepwarden » Fri Nov 05, 2021 6:47 am

In a land full of anointed knights and landed nobility go figure it would be the half literate lumberjack who sets the bar other heroes will forever be measuring themselves against.

Nymann

Post by Nymann » Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:20 am

Does this mean I can finally wander around with my weapon drawn?!
YES MY TIME IS HERE

TheEssence

Post by TheEssence » Sat Nov 13, 2021 12:59 pm

Nuuuuuuh... who's Veronica going to harass when I'll unshelve her for the Nth time ^^
Huge kudos to you man, you're a great player and one of the most friendly and helpful person I've ever harassed with my nonsenses in tells.

People like you are the jewels that make this community a treasure!

Cheers!

Adora Ashallin - Back to mainland (Rolled)
Farnese Vannucci - Left the island (Rolled)
Akari Steelcold - Back to Kozakura (Rolled)
Elderith Ashalley - Serving in Celestia (Rolled)

Morto

Post by Morto » Mon May 30, 2022 9:01 pm

(I'm so Behind the ball / out of the loop!)

Interium,

It WHOLLY brightened my day, when I would get to log in and Derristan was already online, cause I knew I was going to have a fantastic time in Arelith today!

I got to experience Derristan, mostly through Thekla, and they fell into a mentor/mentee roles. And it was such a beautiful relationship they had. Lot's of laughs, tons of tempers, plenty of playfulness, many memorable moments. Ultimately I feel spoiled by having had enjoyed so much of your time.

If I never took the proper time to thank you for your In-game/Out-of-Game friendship, I'm sorry. Looking back, at time spent on Arelith, the time spent with Derristan I truly treasure.

[Redacted]

Hanover Fiste

Post by Hanover Fiste » Mon May 30, 2022 9:57 pm

Truly a well run character by a player that took the effort to roleplay by listening to others and aiding their storylines while adding to their own. Also, being in charge of a large organization (e.g., Shields) requires a LOT of time for the player and I thank you for your dedication in this regard.

I had the pleasure of interactions with Derristan from a variety of my long-time toons: Shihar, Aphia, and Dewmist. All a bit different, yet all positive. Well done to you.

Commando2x4

Post by Commando2x4 » Thu Apr 06, 2023 10:32 am

Very late to the Party, but Derristan is one of my favorite Characters to interact on my first character as well, Bjorn Thor'kin. Thanks for the memories, my guy!

LIAR LIAR

Post by LIAR LIAR » Thu Apr 06, 2023 12:29 pm

o7

A little fellow

Post by A little fellow » Fri Apr 07, 2023 7:39 pm

Interacted with a young Derristan on one of my old characters yeeears ago, but unfortunately never much since. Whenever I see his name online it always brings a little smile.

Lovin' you is easy 'cause you're dutiful

MarkRed

Post by MarkRed » Fri Apr 07, 2023 7:45 pm

I don't play as much as I used to, and I've not interacted TOO much with him but I've always enjoyed my interactions with Derristan, regardless of toon played.

I hope you and Cal enjoy your handsy-relationship together in your growing years, from the Stuttering Moon Elf :)

Table&Chair Brick Wall | RedKnight Quartermaster | World's friendliest Tormite | Average Book Enjoyer Luskan | Stutter Elf Archer | Pie Goddess' #1 Fan | Best Slave Luskan | Deadpanned Luskan |

Communication, the only thing that matters.

HappyHippie

Post by HappyHippie » Sat Apr 08, 2023 3:58 am

To hop on the bandwagon here, Derristan is an amazing character. I am honored and feel quite privileged that he is still in Diana's life, and dare I say it, perhaps even a bit closer with her now than in her days serving Guldorand. A constant bright light of the server, both as a character and as a player. Thank you for all you do and all you are.

"What sunshine is to flowers, smiles are to humanity." - Joseph Addison

Diana Wyndyr - Active
Gyda Skógr - Semi-Active
Melina Willows - Shelved

EnigmaticSpirit
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by EnigmaticSpirit » Sun Apr 30, 2023 12:28 pm

We don't deserve nice things.

But we got Derristan Barley.

My appreciation, over many characters, cannot be stated in this message.

Hyrland D~Kaya

Post by Hyrland D~Kaya » Sat May 06, 2023 4:01 pm

I had such a great time interacting with Derristan over the years, especially as Glace Canon. :) Derristan gave him a sense of belonging at the Shields for years! Thank you for roleplaying such an excellent character!

Hyrland D’Kaya/ Bashagain
Playing as Aerdrick Silverarms and Flynn Eldafire