Theodor Helbrecht's Farewell kudos

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

D4wN

Theodor Helbrecht's Farewell kudos

Post by D4wN » Sun Oct 24, 2021 1:28 am

Yes, this one is even longer than my last kudos. And I’m not even sorry.

I thought writing shelving kudos for Emma was hard. But farewell kudos for Theo hit me so much harder. There are so many, too many, people that he has touched stories on or who have helped his own development. And even people he impacted without me knowing. Theo was never meant to be as big a character as he became. I made him after much reluctance as I had never played an evil character before and it was with someone else's backstory, someone dear to me and someone I didn't want to disappoint. A character destined to be killed by his brother after murdering his family.

Theo developed into an amazing villain with which I have managed to tell many stories. In-depth stories that allowed me to learn many people's backgrounds, goals and motivations. Some made me laugh, some made me cry and some made me hate myself for having to be a mean jerk. He was challenging to play because he was a jerk and truly rotten to the core. Even in the end he was still mostly a jerk, but a jerk who was led by his emotions (and 8 Wisdom :P). Despite being intelligent and cunning, he was incredibly impulsive and often made stupid decisions. Especially when it came to women.

He was my dedication to one of the greatest villains ever portrayed. Theo worshipped Orcus, but was a Cyricist through and through specifically focusing on this part of the Dogma:

"Break not into open rebellion, for marching armies move the false deities to action. Fell one foe at a time and keep all folk afraid, uneasy, and in constant strife. Any method or means is justified if it brings about the desired end."

My biggest inspiration for Theodor's concept (and my all time favourite actor, R.I.P.)

I never expected his story to develop the way that it did, and I am grateful for everyone who was part of it. Large and small. After Emma, I told myself I would not lead another faction or make a character as big and busy, but I failed in that with Theo becoming a faction leader again and a highly influential and highly sought-after character. Between that and some taxing OOC challenges, it began impacting my RL health and thus I made the decision to start working towards his ending, however that may happen. He definitely lived a lot longer than I already expected.

I am bound to accidentally leave people out so my apologies. It is not on purpose.

https://youtu.be/lMjqGl3UDCk
Last edited by D4wN on Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Currently playing:
Thomas Castemont - Active

Liv McDowall - Shelved
Theodor Helbrecht - Rolled
Emma Young - Rolled
Ember Joyleaf-Underfoot - Rolled

D4wN

Re: Theodor Helbrecht's Farewell kudos

Post by D4wN » Sun Oct 24, 2021 1:32 am

==Konstantin Helbrecht==
Without you, I would never have made this character. Thank you for giving me his story and for letting me develop it in my own way. Despite your long break which allowed me to make Theo into his own man, the last part had me truly engaged in their revenge story. Because of your long break I was forced to find a new purpose for him which lead him down all sorts of interesting and fun plot lines. I never imagined playing a male character and I never imagined being able to play an evil character. You are one of my oldest and dearest Arelith friends and I am grateful for the opportunity to have played Theodor. And thank you for your patience with the big finale. Even if you didn’t know what was coming, you rolled with the punches and allowed for a big ending that did Theo justice.

==Varelas==
Theodor's chosen brother. We had an enormous amount of adventures together and truly I loved every moment of it. Although the brother grew estranged near the end and went their separate ways, their bond never wavered. They always supported each other. In the beginning Theo was the one to take the lead, but in the end Varelas was definitely the big brother. Feared and respected everywhere. You are so generous with your RP and I am grateful for having spent so much of it with these two. I will never forget their bantering and teasing of one another or trying to hit each other.

== Avalri==
This truly only started as a minor attempt at corrupting someone. Never once could I have imagined where this would have lead. The entire experience left me surprised at the story progression every time. Despite their separation, I thoroughly enjoyed their story and as a sappy girly girl, this is a love story you only see in the movies or read about in books. Thank you for all the memories.

==T'rissolin==
After Avalri's story I didn't think Theo would find love again. He was happy going back to his old self of seducing women everywhere. But the story and bond between T'riss and Theo grew unexpectedly. They both gave up a lot for each other and were able to be vulnerable with each other. Even with all the stresses and strains on their relationship it was very interesting to watch it all develop.

==Holly Holtz==
My [[REDACTED]]. What a treasure you are. Holly is literally one of my favourite characters ever. How someone can be so wholesome and so creepy all at once is a miracle. I've cherished our interactions and our memories. I do hope you stick with her and that you continue to have an amazing impact on everyone around you. You are an incredible storyteller, amazing at running events and a big inspiration for me. The below event so wholesome. I’m grateful he got to experience that.

==Roselyn Kingsley==
His Queen for so long who he admired and had chosen to rule by her side even if she did not share that sentiment with him. What a ride. From co-conspirators and partners to enemies and leaving Theodor an absolute wreck filled with abandonment issues. How he challenged her with his uncontrollable rage. The two of them were at one point so similar, a battle of two arrogant big personalities. I enjoyed it even if the separation saddened me. Thank you!

==Lilian Williams==
Likely completely unwanted and unexpected, Theo came to blame Lilian for everything that made the Reavers collapse and saw her as an enemy. Irrational as he was, he was determined to make Lilian pay for “what she did”. Thanks for sticking with his crazy and being a good sport about it.

==The Artificer==
From partners to rivals, to partners again to barely tolerating each other but understanding each other's value. Every interaction with the Artificer was an experience I will never forget. She gave him his arm, nearly killed him with it, semi-experimented on him and used him as a resource for her own gain as he used her to bring him entertaining projects and quests. The collaboration with you was amazing and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

==Tristan Wilkinsen==
These two rivals hated each other so much, but their conversations were so interesting. Even if we didn't speak much in the last few months know that Tristan was often on Theo's mind and at the front of many plot discussions. You had a major impact on Theo. Thank you.

==Giscard/Mathilde==
Both characters had a huge impact on Theo. Both in the kidnapping and taking of Giscard and being hunted for months by Mathilde. You don't play anymore, but I enjoyed all our interactions immensely.

==Myzzrin Brightburst==

We were on opposite sides; Theo hated your dad with a passion and tried everything to get to him. Even try and use Myzzrin. But rather than it creating animosity between them, it created a weird sense of mutual comfort to talk to each other. Perhaps because they were both blunt and straight forward in their wants and desires. Or perhaps because they were both truly just using each other 😉 I really enjoyed our RP sessions together.

==Jack Topholiho==
Wow. Just wow. You are seriously one of the most talented writers I've had the pleasure of RPing with. It was literally impossible not to value Jack. Not just as property but as a person. Theo mentally breaking down and Jack sharing his last strawberry shortcakes is something I won't forget. To the point you kept making me feel like a booli when I manhandled Jack after Theo was back to normal. Jack is a ball of complexity and one of my biggest regrets is not being able to see him develop more. Getting you as a slave is one of the best things that could have happened to Theo and me.

==Prellia==
The first target of Theo's cursed necklace. The idea was sensational, and it went beyond my expectations. I thoroughly enjoyed the time between Ethan and Prellia and how she took the necklace for safe keeping. And all the things that happened after that as well as that encounter near the end. She's a great precious bean.

==Marley Goodman==
You know what you did. We wrote a whole book about it. Just- amazing. I could say so much more, but it wouldn't do it justice.

==Elspeth==
Your death really started things off properly for Theo's story. You wanted help to end yours, but you really started the story for my character. I am forever grateful and still fondly remember the last moments of Elspa's life. <3

==Lavok==
Lavok and Theo instantly bonded over their joined enjoyment for cruelty. Lavok comparing Theo to a drow was in his mind the greatest compliment. Lavok was also the first person to give Theo a place in Andunor and room to grow. How many times did Lavok not have to save Theo because he let himself be experimented on again by some pretty woman? Allow me to shamelessly fangirl a moment. You are truly a gift to RP with. I cannot say that enough.

==Ilphaeryl==
He always tried so hard to impress her. Homemade jewellery and being always on his best behaviour. Still, she'd always favour her Sieg and Theo hated it. He never truly gave up trying to win her favour. Even if it was doomed from the start. She taught him most of what he learned about drow culture and about House Xun'viir. She was one of the few people who somehow managed to control Theo without having any leverage over him. Truly a top Matron. Much respect.

==DM Snowcat==
Your ability to help players develop small personal stories is the best I've seen. Despite all your bullying with the mice, the storyline with the Speaker of Fortunes was one of the most memorable I got to be a part of. The ability to help facilitate this for other players and help them with their development was a fantastic opportunity. You're one of my favs. And I am forever grateful for giving my boy his big finale.

==Nas'hloah==
One of the rare few people Theo was actually honestly uncomfortable around. I wouldn't say he was terrified, but he definitely had a healthy dose of sense not to want to make her angry. And he nearly failed several times until he just settled on being a constant disappointment to her. Their dynamic was great!

==Lupercallia==
My favourite tradeswoman. Literally spent millions with this woman. For every 1 gold I earned, she made me spend 2. You are ruthless! Outside of their trading relationship Theo was actually rather fond of Luper. She was smart, intelligent and levelheaded. What a great character.

==Sabre Brightburst==
Most of your story was done with Marley, but for the parts I was involved it was great. And a lot of it I got to experience through Marley and the impact it had on her. Thank you!

==Zilka==
Zilka was one of Theo’s first playmates and someone who helped settle him into Andunor. Even if they didn’t see much of each other later on, mostly due to time zones, she definitely played a big part in Theo’s story early on.

==Synk/UT==
The player isn’t around anymore. But both characters were friends of Theo’s and I have so many fond memories of them both. I miss you buddy.

==Thekt==
The investigation on his desecrated altar was insanely fun. Every interaction with him was so memorable and I cried from laughter that time Thekt unknowingly pommelled Theo and T’riss into the ground when they were pranking Jack.

==Zith d'Astunin==
Zith! I'm sorry you didn't get a chance to kill Theo in the end. We did make that promise for many years. Theo and Zith were enemies fighting on opposite sides in the Void Cult war. But somehow their relationship went from hatred to a bantering dislike. And eventually something entirely different. The development between these two was amazing and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

==Ambros==
"Hello~" Ambros, the drow always full of life and enthusiasm. Gosh, he is simply fabulous. Theo in a strange way adored him and he was so much fun to be around. Theo definitely considered Ambros a friend and one of the few people he truly trusted.

==Gorehound==
The two Abyssalists who were both agents of chaos, but then had to accept their fate as being the most level-headed leaders trying to mediate and working together on building strong forces in Andunor to collaborate and cooperate in unison. I love Gorehound. He’s everything you expect from a Gnoll and everything you don’t. I’m gonna miss him.

==Vel’uss==
Who? I know you’ve been gone from Arelith to focus on RL. But Vel’uss was like a rare few others, one of Theo’s only true friends. I always loved the bantering between them and his constant threatening of Holy Flasks at Theo and making him cringe.

==Imri Xel’vraxa==
Imri was like the sister Theo never wanted. She seemed to exist to get under his skin. I’m sure she will miss bullying him as he was oh so easy to bully. This seemed to be a favourite past time for many people. But especially her. Quietly Imri is terrifying. The antics between her and Theo always made me laugh.

==K’yofein==
K’yo and Theo went through a lot together. Theo never forgave him from electrocuting his groin but got close to with all of the experiences they shared such as the disease and other small projects. You’re great at creating inclusive RP and getting people involved.

==Naenia==
I was so humbled when you told me the impact Theo’s painting had on her and how terrified she was of him. From that moment Theo enjoyed antagonising and tormenting her. But she started giving it back to him and their relationship was an odd love/hate one where they sort of managed to work together on a few things. Theo was still protective when it came to anyone else trying to bully her.

==Whisper==
Although I didn’t have as much interaction with your later character as with Whisper I enjoyed playing with both of them. But specifically, Whisper was an incredible target after Konstantin had left the island and she found herself his replacement obsession. The two were so similar and yet so very different. They became enemies and tried to destroy each other. I hope you had as much fun with their story as I did.

==Sung Cho==
I never got much time with Alicia unfortunately and not even that much with Sung. But you need to know that the scene in the Citadel was one of the hardest things I’ve had to do IG. For someone not that way inclined it was very impactful. A shame she never got her revenge.

==Nevve==
One of Theo’s former slaves and to him an excellent investment, but such an important influence on his story through Varelas and eventually Lady of the Abyssal Citadel and helping him with his memory issues. I loved Nevve. The manipulation and influence on how he managed to get her back to the Underdark as his own slave wasn’t something I expected to happen. I’m so happy to see the story she ended up having.

==Yin==
Theo’s protégé. The natural progression from threatening her to becoming her protégé and a major part in his story. I’ve truly enjoyed our time together. I’m unsure if you still play, but know you were a big part of Theo’s story at one point.

==Theo’s Informants==
For sake of keeping your identities a secret I wanted to thank everyone who has worked for Theo at some point in the capacity of an informant/agent. It’s really difficult to play an informant and it takes a lot of trust between players.

==Smythe==
Seriously? The colours... Your sense of fashion. It's all awful. ;) Seriously though, I loved Smythe. A great character!

==Esterhaven==
Theo’s second cursed necklace project. The sessions leading up to this story and during the experiment itself were honestly one of my most memorable moments. But I did not foresee the complexity of where their relationship ended up. Theo expected her undivided hatred and need for revenge. Instead, he got someone who did hate him but also in a way was thankful for helping her. Even if it wasn’t his intention to help her. Thank you for allowing me to be part of her development.

==Nerali==
Probably one of Theo’s biggest regrets was how it ended between him and Nerali. In the end she was a big motivator for him to have the courage to give himself up. One final show of proof to her that he had changed and that he truly loved T’riss and take the risk for one final performance and one final chance at his brother’s life. Even if it killed him.

==Lilith==
No one did more for the Militia than you. Your events were wonderful and despite some huge tensions for FOIG reasons between our groups, Theo always liked Lilith. It took her a while to warm up to Theo and Theo more quickly bonded with Nev than Lilith. But he sure did try so many times to sleep with her. Poor Theo. That ritual you guys did near his end was amazing and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Thanks for that! You’re really good at those and it was a good one to get everyone involved.

==Rias==
You were his last apprentice. Teaching people and taking apprentices was really something that allowed me to bring out a completely different side of Theodor. His role as a mentor and teacher using twisted teaching methods was really very enjoyable for me. It’s a shame we never got to do her graduation project, but he leaves her behind knowing that she is one of his legacies with great potential. Thanks so much for the opportunity!

==Johnathan Rigsby==
Take good care of her John. We had some great moments together! From getting wasted in the Hoof to Theo killing John on Absinthe at his bachelor party and throwing darts into the man. I hope you managed to finish those cage fights.

==John S.==
Theo and John always had a great dynamic. That time we went adventuring together and he died, then John trying to drag the heavy Snuggybear Damaran back to Andunor. It was so funny. Even despite Theo’s issues with people close to John, they always stayed amicable. John’s a great character and I hope I will bump into him on future characters.

==Khael’dar==
Theo and Khael really had a love hate relationship. They often threatened each other but needed one another too. A shared goal and vision for Andunor in the end. Khael saved Theo several times, but no one could ever truly save Theo from himself.

==Crozius==
Your capture and stealing your soul and his absolute devotion to Theo at the time were a very fun experience. Thanks for rolling with the punches and allowing such great natural development to take place.

==Itzal==
Long gone. Your biggest enemy finally defeated. Again, an incredibly generous RPer who was often at the centre of Theo’s or other’s schemes. Itzal and Theo were destined to be mortal enemies and in the end he ended up raising his son. The emotional rollercoaster Itzal went through was great to see and know you had a huge impact on him too.

==Vrolka==
I won’t lie. Truly the most terrifying character for Theo ever. It’s like the aunt at a family party you really hope isn’t there when you arrive. And then out of nowhere you get a staff bonk to the head.

==Arak==
Arak and Theo really couldn’t stand each other in the beginning. They had different visions and didn’t quite understand each other. Then Theo went ahead and straight out challenged his authority and got himself named Militia Commander. Strangely enough this actually grew their respect for one another and they discovered they both wanted the same thing for Andunor. Keep strong chief. Blood and Honour.

==Morkhamera==
I never got a huge amount of time RPing with you, but I will never forget our shared dance on the Xun’viir table when we both cowered from Snowcat’s army of mice. I laughed so hard I cried.

==Loki (The former Slave)==
I saw you sitting around the Hub so much and I’m sad I never did get a chance to RP with you more until we ended up having a conflict. But the conflict was incredibly fun and I saw just how flexible you were rolling with the punches. Especially when we caught you in Cordor. This flexibility is so important from any and all players to be able to create collaborative stories. Thank you! It was great.

==Lucky==
The storyline with Lucky, Theo and Varelas was huge! In the end Lucky and Theo still hated each other, but he accepted her. And even respected her for what she did to prove herself to him. Lucky has become a staple in Andunor and I hope you have enjoyed yourself with the story and will continue to enjoy yourself with her story going forward. Sometimes bad things happen, and they turn into beautiful new beginnings.

==Evemere==
One of the few people who knew how to calm Theo down and make him shut up. Using his vanity and stroking his ego was the way to his heart. It’s a shame I didn’t get to know her better than we did, but our interactions were great!

==Someyo==
You’re a great RPer! I always enjoyed our talks and I hated how observant she was.

==The Athol==
An incredibly complex relationship that often ping ponged rapidly between like and dislike and trust to distrust. You guys kept me on my toes. Had it not been for Theo’s relationships with Varelas and T’riss I am certain they would have been enemies. Thanks for all the fun!

==The Xel'vraxa==
He was never officially a part of the House but I enjoyed the interactions he’s had as long as they’ve gone back. All the way from his relationship with Imri and Emily to loving its Matron. A big special thank you to Valynir and Myrrna too!

==The Xun'viir==
He served them for so long and so loyally it was odd for someone like Theo. A ball of chaos in a group of lawful and orderly drow he often felt out of place. But the way they enabled him and spent so much time trying to stop people from killing him created a strong sense of loyalty for him to the House. Leaving the House was a very difficult decision. There are many great RPers in this House and I truly loved being part of it.

==The Reavers==
A big thank you to all the members of the Reavers. Theu, Zanma, Rias, Roselyn, Varelas, Luci and others. The Reavers were a big part of much of Theo’s development.

==The Andunor Militia==
I never expected Theodor to be leading a Militia of all things. The poor Abyssalist was asked to run a Militia that required order, structure and discipline. Everything that went against his very nature. The whole experience changed him. He hated every second of it. OOCly I was conflicted. I had promised myself never to run a faction again considering the time and effort it takes to do it. But I was super excited to create a place for people to be part of something else. When I first started Theo I found it difficult to break into existing cliques and this was an attempt for me to break that barrier and allow new players a place they could belong. I hope it worked!

Commander Theodor:

==The Citadel==
For a long time Theodor was part of the Citadel indirectly. Through the generosity and inclusivity of Hlarnoth’s player we were finally let into the Citadel’s RP and I thoroughly enjoyed it. The feast is still one of my fondest memories.

==The Gauntlet==
You guys keep coming up in my kudos! Stop it. Although on Theo I didn’t have nearly as much interaction with you as I did on Emma, I still had some very pleasant moments. The cornering in Sibayad when I barely managed to escape with my life. The soul crystal story line I was allowed to help drive. The indirect influences of the Gauntlet as well for example with Coralee (You know what you did) and Elinee. I’m sorry to take away your favourite enemy. But who knows, I might create another character one day to come booli or join you again. You are all legends.

==The Rivorndir/Wardens==
Theodor only had a few interactions with some of you directly. Dameon and Drad probably being the most prominent. But indirectly through the storyline of Lucky, we had a lot of influence on one another. You guys were a big part of some of the storylines. And thank you for bearing with me during the big finale. Awkward DM crash. Thanks for being good sports and allowing me this final moment!

==Guldorand==
You guys all sure took a beating from Theo. You were at the centre of many of his stories and truly the Guldorand player base is one of the most generous when it comes to collaborative storytelling.

==Cordor==
Cordor’s been a great antagonist to Theodor and he to them. I enjoyed using the city as a hunting ground for new projects and seeing Cordor as such an interesting place of corruption, intrigue, conflict and knightly orders. A big thank you especially for allowing Theo/me to have his/my closure for this character. I’m super grateful.

==Bendir==
Bendir was another settlement that sometimes had to deal with Theodor. Between curses and art work, I’ve had some great interactions with the Bendirans. Thanks for everything!

And a final thank you to everyone who came to see him and meet him in his final moments. I really didn’t expect this kind of closure or to meet so many people I had no idea he’s impacted in some way and even totally new people who came and kept him company. You made his (and my) final moments something truly special.

With this, I will also be taking an extended break from Arelith. I might play a secret alt on rare occasions, but I will be focusing on my RL. I wanted to thank everyone in the community, all of the friends I’ve made, for the amazing memories and bonds.

Currently playing:
Thomas Castemont - Active

Liv McDowall - Shelved
Theodor Helbrecht - Rolled
Emma Young - Rolled
Ember Joyleaf-Underfoot - Rolled

In Sorrow We Trust
Contributor
Contributor

Post by In Sorrow We Trust » Sun Oct 24, 2021 1:36 am

:(

Vittoria Veleno
catch me if you can

Morgy
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Post by Morgy » Sun Oct 24, 2021 1:45 am

Thank you Dawn, for letting me into Theodor's story. I'm so thrilled that you enjoyed what I could bring to your already legendary character.

You are without a doubt, one of the most generous RP'ers on the server. I've seen you include so many people in what you do, just so nobody feels left out. Your writing style and creativity is unmatched, and I have learned so much from engaging with you.

When Jack was taken as Theodor's slave, I didn't know how long they would be together, but Jack spent more time alongside Theodor in the Underdark than anyone else. The character development I've had on Jack whilst with Theodor has been far more than I could've imagined. I've never had so much attention as a RPer before, and it's largely thanks to you. You helped me feel included as a newish player to Andunor, pointing me in the direction of friendly folks to RP with and letting me spread my wings.

A true credit to Arelith, and if all players were as selfless and dedicated to their stories as you, I would never, ever put this game down.

Jack/Morgy/Tim

98lbs of sad carryweight

Post by 98lbs of sad carryweight » Sun Oct 24, 2021 1:48 am

gg

La Villa Strangiato

Post by La Villa Strangiato » Sun Oct 24, 2021 1:51 am

I wish I could say Nemerarie liked, respected, or even appreciated Theodor. But all of her politeness towards Theodor was a falsehood, she plotted to kill him from pretty much the moment he opened his mouth, and she's extremely happy he's gone. Alas!

Despite this, I'm happy you had a good time playing this wacky little character, and even a lot of the adversarial interactions we had were very fun for me to roleplay out and further develop Nem as a character from. You've clearly made a big mark on the surface of Arelith with your events, the Militia, interactions with the surface, and everything else, and pushed some very interesting RP from the moment I started playing Arelith.

The door, of course, will be open for you when you return; in the meantime, focus on your break. You've earned it.
Senrae
Saraskyn
Kallava Okaide
Nemerarie Athol
Rio Salazar

Garvik

Post by Garvik » Sun Oct 24, 2021 2:26 am

I don't even know where to start ...

I never thought the evil brother that led to an Odyssey around Faerun that finally brought Kon to Arelith would ever be more than just background story. I was stoked when you were interested in making him an actual character ... and what a character he has been. You took a vague concept and filled it with so much life, creating so many opportunities for storytelling both above and below. Even though we did not interact much directly during the runtime of this brotherly rivalry, Theodor has always managed to remain this looming threat, the ultimate goal. You managed to tell a great story and involve so many different people in it. Helmet's off for Theodor and the way you have filled him with life.

???? - Oh no [Alive]
Konstantin Helbrecht - High Watcher of Helm [Deceased]
Arnbjorn Bladeshadow - Duergar Axemeister [Deceased]
Baldric Pyecroft - Paladin of Torm [Deceased]

Lilah_Novi
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Lilah_Novi » Sun Oct 24, 2021 2:30 am

You played a much-needed villain, and that's why Theo was so very popular and enjoyable. There aren't many bad guys who are willing to make stories for others, and work around the needs and desires of others' stories.
You did splendidly! I was grateful, though I know some people got spicy about it, everything Theodor did felt quite big.

Thank you for playing such an exciting character!
Miranel Moonmint, Revealer of Sehanine
Prellia Praline Nuthatch Aemaris Arvanyr, Former Lorekeeper of Myon
Dellie Starswallow, Painbearer of Ilmater

Elesadi

Post by Elesadi » Sun Oct 24, 2021 2:39 am

Oh gods, where do I start with this one?

What started as just trying to keep her Shield Siblings safe turned into a faithful meeting that would change both of their lives profoundly. From adversaries (from Ava's point of view at least), to a tentative relationship, and then in the end to something that was truly genuine. Theodor had a huge impact on who Ava is as a person now, he really taught her a lot and forced her out of the comfortable Shield mold that she had settled into. Their relationship also gave her what is now the most precious beings in the whole world to her. Her last message to him spoke the truth: Part of her heart will always belong to him.

I have had an absolute blast with the entire story between Avalri and Theodor. I have laughed and I have cried but I have enjoyed the entire ride. You have been so very giving with your RP and support, and you have taught me so much about the game and ways to think around it. Along the way I really felt that you made sure I was comfortable with the turns the story took, especially in the beginning when their relationship was a lot more stalkery. Thank you for letting me into Theo's story in such a way.

All the kudos to you, Dawn! You are amazing!
Plays as: Avalri DeLocke

Cthuletta

Post by Cthuletta » Sun Oct 24, 2021 2:55 am

This is one of those farewells that hits me right IN THE FEELS!!!
Though the storyline that happened with Tiffa/Lucky and Varelas and Theo was one of the best I've ever had the pleasure to play, it really did all hinge on Theodor's works, both between Tiffa and Varelas, and involving the Rivorndirs.
More than a few tears have been shed at the fact of Theodor rolling! (I protest the Normal.) And even Tiffa, despite her hatred of him, will have let one or two roll free. Without Theodor, Lucky probably wouldn't exist, at least not as she is right now, for better or for worse, and I will always hold true that Theo was one of the best villains I've ever seen RPed. To be part of his life in any way was an honour and I take my hat off to you, the ride was crazy and I loved it. ❤️
You will be missed!!

Juniper Oakley - Just A Wee Bit Batty

Ny'aza 'Peggy' Philor'tyl - Travelling
Tiffa Took Hss'tafi - Happy in Sigil (Rolled)

DM Snowcat

Post by DM Snowcat » Sun Oct 24, 2021 3:02 am

It was pleasure to work with Theo. Theodor was one of the first people Speaker worked with, and Speaker being my first DM NPC, I don't think she'd be this big without Theodor's influence.
I'm glad to have been part of the ending event.
"Just want to remind everyone when talking about anything involving DM workload as if it's an easy thing, we have 153 players per dm." - Garrbear
[When Arelith goes down, only one Hero remains] Artistic Rendition (By LavaCookies)

KND

Post by KND » Sun Oct 24, 2021 3:02 am

theo was kinda okay i guess

solar separation
Location: Space Station 3 (Have you seen Carmen Miranda's ghost?)

Post by solar separation » Sun Oct 24, 2021 3:53 am

i'm so pissed i went out for errands and missed the execution when i got home

anyway
you played this character hella well and were one of the raddest bogeyman i've ever had the pleasure of fleetingly meeting
rock on

Haroshia
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by Haroshia » Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:20 am

You might not have realized it, but Theo did a great deal to shape Tove as a character. I know our direct interactions broke down, but Theo was a very effective recurring villain. I only wish there was more room for nuanced interactions between our characters.
Tove Auburnridge

BronxFury

Post by BronxFury » Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:37 am

Myzz always found her conversations with Theo relaxing, even if the topics were sometimes infuriating. They were both so endlessly busy that it felt like they were relieved when they got to just escape everything and catch up every couple months. He, of course, had a massive impact on her in a few ways. Though who knows how she actually felt about him?

You're a wonderful player that goes out of your way to try and make mutually enjoyable RP for those around you. And I strongly believe the server is a better place due to your presence. If/When you do have a new character after your break, I'm sure you'll do great things with them. It was always a blast RPing with you. <3
Current: Myzzrin Brightburst (Young, Fun and Full of Hugs)

Former: Granny Stabbums (Just a Sweet Ol' Granny...)

neverwinternightly

Post by neverwinternightly » Sun Oct 24, 2021 5:07 am

Theodor definitely had an impact on Lily's story both directly and indirectly for quite a while! Kudos for having such a wide-reaching impact at times. Enjoy your break!

Alyxnia

Post by Alyxnia » Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:30 am

The server will be lessened by your absence, a good roleplayer and memorable villain both. Good luck on the IRL
Player of
  • Neli Ore - Flew too close to the sun
  • Trouble Brightwood - Missing 411'd
  • Avdotia Zakharova / "Hathran" - Finished her investigations
  • Ghashburz Swordeater - In search of honor
Dead but not gone

BcSpike

Post by BcSpike » Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:55 am

Theodor was one of Arelith's greatest villains, and a great antagonist for the Gauntlet. He got the amazing finale he deserved, and I am sure his actions and death will continue to have an impact on the server for quite some time. Absolutely amazing!

Zaravella
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Zaravella » Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:58 am

Theodore is a legend.

I love that you knew this came from Elinee.

Looking forward to your next character.

<3
"Power is not revealed by striking hard or striking often; But by striking true."
-Honore de Balzac-

SilverSnake
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by SilverSnake » Sun Oct 24, 2021 2:20 pm

Im just sad now i could not be there to see the end of Ted :(.Kudos! Im quite sure Captain Teddy will be greatly missed.

Killer on the drive home

Post by Killer on the drive home » Sun Oct 24, 2021 3:03 pm

i scream with upset at this
Unwanted, too slow
Sent to the world below

Skibbles

Post by Skibbles » Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:52 pm

As with too many other characters I wish I got to see Theo more, but the times I did were very enjoyable.

Not a bad run for a first evil character that's for sure!
Irongron wrote: [...] the super-secret Arelith development roadmap is a post apocalyptic wasteland populated with competing tribes of hand-bombard wielding techno-giants, and strewn with the bones of long dead elves.

So we're very much on track.

Tyro

Post by Tyro » Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:17 am

I'll miss you too. We had fun.

Maybe we'll see each other again when Ultra Trog's new, new post-mortem contingency plan reveals itself. Should be happening in about 20 in-game years (6-ish IRL.)

See ya, space cowboy.
Davei "Synk" Glumgum - World Serpent Inn resident
Papin Hueh - laid to rest with his kin
Allister Odeus - put down by a good man
Allister Odeus's son - redeemed, made the best of his new life
Soethe Sai'tar - sailed back to Durpar

Beholder

Post by Beholder » Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:59 pm

Theodor will always have a special place in my heart, as when I was just a beginner on the server, he was the first villain I've heard of and was 'scared' of. That says a lot.

And through Naenia, I came to know him a bit more. You impacted my character's story with a single gesture- in such a big way, I will not forget. Naenia is sad he is gone, and without a limb to feast on. But I as a player, will miss Theodor, and their banter and dynamic a lot. Even when I was playing Mae. It was just overall, so much fun.

Happy to have known Theodor, and met you, Dawn. Thank you for all the fun and the stories.

"Any perils may look out for themselves."

Sundial

Post by Sundial » Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:13 pm

What a legendary villain! There's no way any PC on Arelith can claim to be more than a few degrees of separation from Theodor's colossal story. As a member of his body count, I can only hope your end was as epic as the one you helped provide my PC. Here's hoping your time away is rejuvenative and you return to us refreshed so we can benefit once again from your incredible imagination.

Ekrid Aulanther
Tashtego
Isak Kerringar
Huemacoatl