Captain Ruger

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Dollarphil

Captain Ruger

Post by Dollarphil » Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:08 am

Dread Pirate Ruger Rockenstocks sail has come to an end......over the years of ups and down, civil wars and stolen ships your presence on the cliff will be missed... Thanks for all the long voyages and endless adventures...The hours of devoted help to all the greenhorns will be missed.... It was a pleasure to serve as the first mate and loyal officer on the Sea Leopard.....

Fair winds and following seas capt. Ruger.

Pearl Rivers

Drak
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Re: Captain Ruger

Post by Drak » Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:18 am

King of the widows and orphans!

Ruger always had this sort of...aura about him, of maintaining the nice guy composure, but wouldn't hesitate to be exactly what he was - a Dread Pirate. He's been a wonderful role model for new players and pirates alike, and you will undoubtedly me missed my dude.

Best of luck in whatever you do from here!

Exordius

Post by Exordius » Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:53 am

The one pirate Exo trusted and considered a friend. Kudos!

Rasha
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Post by Rasha » Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:24 am

Oh Captain, Our Captain!

Sencliff, over many generations, owes this salty old hin a debt of gratitude. He was as solid as the Cliff rock, doing everything in his power to unify and strengthen the infamous den of scum and villainy. Many, and I would not be surprised, if not ALL greenhorns benefited from his wisdom and generosity over the years. And the Sea Leopard? Well, the buoys and gulls really lucked out, as he made her available to anyone who wanted to take to the waves. His dedication was non-exclusive. While the Iron Maiden’s were his crew, he took anyone on board who had passion to sail and plunder. He made no demands of the probably hundreds of folks to whom he taught the trade. Some remained with him, many moved on to carve out their own destiny. He promoted Sencliff for Sencliff, never wavering from the stance that the various crews were better off bound by the ink - even with fundamental differences with internal crew operations- and remain loyal to each other when push comes to shove against the outside world. The old hin was a shrewd businessman, too. Filthy rich! Who knows how deep and wide his business dealings travelled. He had a history of sound investments and turned his profits - again - often to the benefit of Sencliff. Paying heaps of coin to fix “problems” that reared up over the years. He did it all, saw it all, and took it all in stride.

Ruger - no amount of coins could outshine yer heart of gold. A true treasure of Sencliff and the Arelith community.

To Amn and all her allies…. Don’t think the heist of our captain will be forgotten!!

~~~~~

Good luck and have fun in “the next life”. May our paths cross again!
Last edited by Rasha on Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

-=- Somebody that You used to Know -=-

Rasper
Vesra Maa've
Tessa O'Shea

Pie Rats:

Ravenna

Dead Pie Rats:

Sazal' Dro'Vaalvaz
Wilhelmina Vehk "Billy"
Asrynda Maethe Caesonia "Mae"
Moray Evermoore

Im Batman

Post by Im Batman » Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:03 pm

A friend, a cohort, a companion, and a compass for bunch of lawless cutthroats. Ruger helped anyone who was new to the cliff most often directly, but if not indirectly more than they would know.

John Butler is waiting with an Ale and a smile for an old friend, where he finds himself now.

"Half my friends are dead.

I will make you new ones, said earth

No, give me them back, as they were, instead,

with faults and all, I cried."
*** Way more than a decade on Arelith***

Beholder

Post by Beholder » Wed Oct 27, 2021 2:45 pm

Zel will pour one in his name. Ruger was the first Captain she knew.

Cheers for all the fun.

"Any perils may look out for themselves."

fulminea

Post by fulminea » Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:16 pm

You helped me out get around big time when i first started at the Cliff. Ruger was 100% pirate, comitted and just legendary. The ruger tax shall live on

Ork
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by Ork » Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:11 pm

No one knew the seas better.

fulminea

Post by fulminea » Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:51 pm

Ork wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:11 pm
No one knew the seas better.
Back when it was way different to navigate, and you didnt even have the map.

ZeroPointEnergy
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by ZeroPointEnergy » Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:34 am

It's always sad to see a really old pirate go. You were one of the few guys who'd take people around on the seas and one of the most present captains on your Sea Leopard.

I highly doubt the next person to take up the Leo will even compare.

Snake2512

Post by Snake2512 » Fri Oct 29, 2021 12:05 pm

Ruger was cool

Denny Lynndain-Walvish, certified rude boy - Rolled
Lysanthir Ellenocen - Shelved
Reznov Willensbane - Rolled
Vald Machjarak - Rolled
Gaderel Anjou, certified lawful good - Active
Rodolfo Duskvale, certified funny guy - Rolled
Ghug Sord - Extinguished

Sleepwarden
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Sleepwarden » Sun Oct 31, 2021 2:59 pm

RIP Captain Ruger. A true Arelith legend.

Fireboy

Post by Fireboy » Mon Nov 01, 2021 8:44 am

Thank you everyone. Ruger was fun to play and had tons of fun Roll Play him. To many people to name and I love you all, well most of you,,,, I hope you know who you are and ill miss our interactions. . Hundreds had access to the ship over the years and only one person stole from the ship in all that time. People got to see the side of Ruger he wanted you to see and that helped him a lot over the years. He was a fair trader and folks would bring the good stuff they found to him so the party's could share out quickly and at a fair price without waiting for things to sell in someone's shop. He worked with settlements to take care of problem people that the Good folks of the Settlements would never do on there own and kept the Guild buzzy as well. I am Blessed to have played with all of you and look forward to new adventure's.

FallenDabus

Post by FallenDabus » Mon Nov 01, 2021 12:06 pm

Thank you so much for putting in such an effort over such a long period of time. Long as I knew Ruger, you did a lot to be both inclusive and helpful to new piratey characters. It's no small thing to put such a consistent focus on the enjoyment other players.
Natasha Dryby ~ Songstress of the Sea!
Shaelin Durothil ~ Divine Seeker of Sehanine (retired)
Yowyn ~ Svirfneblin Druidess (retired)

Apothys

Post by Apothys » Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:51 am

Captain Ruger, the legend.

I knew him from my first toon till my last. I was gutted to hear you had fallen, my latest toon had a bone to pick with Captain Ruger. Without giving anything away my toon had the privilege of speaking with the Cowled Mage moments before you boarded there ship, seems there grudge was deeper than my own and i could only watch from a cove on the deck of my own ship as the events unfolded.

Was truly a shame to see you go though old friend. I hope that we meet again on whatever you choose to play next **salutes**

Talandis Tanor'Thal
Kalnafein Cress'delbarra
Tanis Thade
Merklynn Steelshadow II
Gulmyr Dro'Vaalvaz
Aerik Northman