Goodbye from Naenia!

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Beholder

Goodbye from Naenia!

Post by Beholder » Sun Nov 07, 2021 11:29 pm

Today I had the opportunity to bring Naenia's story to an impactful end, and I took it. She lived a life of suffering below, doing her best to remain connected to her Wild Elven roots, wanting to be free but also corrupted. But there wasn't much going on for her anymore, and it was clear to me that it was time to move on.
From a ranger of Silvanus to slave, turned cannibal, to a lost follower of Silvanus and Fenmarel. She didn't get to have a happy ending, but it's just what made it so good.
The only thing I regret is not getting to have 'last scenes' and 'goodbyes' with all of you amazing people, but it wasn't a prepared scene/ending, and I wish I could've.

Selakiir: You are forever my favourite person to write with. You made Naenia who she was, and the story I will never forget. I am glad to have had the opportunity, and as I was new to Arelith you made sure I learn everything. You know how much I appreciate you, and you gave me the perfect arc I could wish for. Best slaveowner, 10/10.

Theoden: Naenia's best friend and towards the end, her obsession as the evil within her grew. Theoden was amazing, and their relationship was emotionally very impactful. I miss him.

Selddath: Towards the end, one, if not the only true friend of Naenia. Every scene I had with Selddath made me wanna cry with how sweet and sad it all was. It breaks my heart she didn't get to say goodbye. Live a good life, my boi.

Theodor Helbrecht: I've written this many times before, and told you as well; Theodor was the perfect villain. With a most simple gesture such as that painting out of the blue, you changed her character arc immensely, and their love-hate relationship was so much fun to write out. I do regret that she didn't get to kill him and taste human flesh for the first time! You are amazing Dawn.

Cynbrand: Cutest friendship ever? You know how much I love writing with you, and Cynbrand was amazing to write with. Best buddies. She'll forever miss her big stronk half-orc friend.

The Xun'viir House: I want to thank all of you, you are all great people and the Xun'viir is a name in Andunor that you made sure won't ever be forgotten. Special thanks to Ilphaeryl, who always made sure Naenia was included in scenes. Including her last one. Other special thanks goes to Nash'loah, to be the one to end her despite not attempting to, the wild elf was as defiant as always. Everyone who was there at the end; It was a great event, and reading all your emotes was amazing. Keep up the greatwork, as you are all amazing writers.

Myon:You guys were always good sports. I wanted to bring Naenia to Myon and free her at some point, but you all stole my heart on my other elf, and thus I kept Naenia away. The bow given to Naenia by Karathas might be one of the sweetest and best gifts any of my characters ever got, and she always kept it close, a sliver of hope. Lysanthir, comforting Naenia despite all the things put into her mind about how the elves would kill her, thank you. I wish she had gotten free, and saw that her People would accept her, as she lived all her life with self-pity, shame and hatred towards herself. But it wasn't meant to be.

Xune Seerir: Xune always wished for Naenia to be happy, and Naenia wished for her to be happy with herself. Neither happened, their story was heartbreaking. I miss Xune, and I won't forget their trips and all the time they spent together.

Mosova: One of the people Naenia wanted to see just *one* more time, before anything bad would befall her. Naenia always felt so horrible for how it ended between them, and hoped that she could fix things one day. One part of her always hoped Mosova didn't hate Naenia, despite feeling like she did. And she was so, so happy, to see Mosova be free and live her life under the sun.

There are many more who impacted Naenia and me as a player, probably without even knowing. Gorehound, Tyila, Lavok Xun'viir, Jack Topholiho, the Athols, the ULTRA TROGLODYTE!, Seldsdaer, Pani! (thanks for all the banter and the gold, heh), everyone that interacted with Naenia, thank you all. Cheers, and I hope to see you all around again in the future, with other stories!

Naenia's life in the UD summed up:

"Any perils may look out for themselves."

LichBait

Re: Goodbye from Naenia!

Post by LichBait » Mon Nov 08, 2021 12:38 am

<3 RIP Naenia! Was good to RP with ya the times we did!

Current
Ayiesha Dahyarif
Ilphaeryl Xun'viir

La Villa Strangiato

Post by La Villa Strangiato » Mon Nov 08, 2021 2:37 am

:(

I can't really talk about Nemerarie's feelings about Naenia without lol FOIG, but I will miss the little wild elf.
Senrae
Saraskyn
Kallava Okaide
Nemerarie Athol
Rio Salazar

Snake2512

Post by Snake2512 » Mon Nov 08, 2021 3:01 am

cool character

Denny Lynndain-Walvish, certified rude boy - Rolled
Lysanthir Ellenocen - Shelved
Reznov Willensbane - Rolled
Vald Machjarak - Rolled
Gaderel Anjou, certified lawful good - Active
Rodolfo Duskvale, certified funny guy - Rolled
Ghug Sord - Extinguished

Nathan1111

Post by Nathan1111 » Mon Nov 08, 2021 3:17 am

god, ill never forget how xune and naenia's last ever conversation made me cry very real tears before my dumb little drow died. as did a lot of their interactions, really, but hell did that last one really killed me. genuinely one of the reasons id stay up so late. i already miss them both :^)
Xune Seeriir - Died of a Terminal Illness.
Safira Athol- Girlbossing, Gaslighting, Gatekeeping

KT28
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by KT28 » Mon Nov 08, 2021 4:29 am

I didn’t get to RP with Naenia much, but she was a great presence around Andunor and a compellingly portrayed slave. She will be missed!

Fluffybirb

Post by Fluffybirb » Mon Nov 08, 2021 7:06 am

Poor Naenia, Mosova was always waiting on the surface for her like she promised. Too bad we couldn't meet one more time. I'll miss her though, such a great character <3

Tyro

Post by Tyro » Mon Nov 08, 2021 7:17 am

Best exquisite evildoer to-be. :(

Long live Meania.
Davei "Synk" Glumgum - World Serpent Inn resident
Papin Hueh - laid to rest with his kin
Allister Odeus - put down by a good man
Allister Odeus's son - redeemed, made the best of his new life
Soethe Sai'tar - sailed back to Durpar

D4wN

Post by D4wN » Mon Nov 08, 2021 11:57 am

I absolutely adored my interactions with Naenia. The way you inspired that painting and how the relationship changed after that was so exciting to me. I saw Naenia from being scared and terrified to getting balsy and giving lip. It was such a great character growth. You are a joy to RP with no matter what character and a lovely person OOCly. I am so glad we got to meet <3

Currently playing:
Thomas Castemont - Active

Liv McDowall - Shelved
Theodor Helbrecht - Rolled
Emma Young - Rolled
Ember Joyleaf-Underfoot - Rolled

fulminea

Post by fulminea » Mon Nov 08, 2021 1:54 pm

You're one of the most fun players I got to be around, a shame I couldn't RP much with Nae nae.

All your characters are distinct, unique, grounded in wherever setting you put them into and well thought out.

But never in a way that it would alienate other people. Quite the contrary you pull players in. It's difficult to do that portraying a slave elf in the UD, I don't think anyone pulled it off so well like you did.

I couldn't be as mean to Naenia with my orog as I intended to be, my char always turned abit into my old pirate when I ran into her :P

Looking forward to what you might be doing next, only orog bard is forbidden for you! That's my gig!! Not allowed stealing my show!!! *Nod nod.* (((jk do it)))

Morgy
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Post by Morgy » Tue Nov 09, 2021 7:35 pm

A terrible death, but a memorable ending! It’s a scene that will heavily impact my own character going forward. Kudos 🙂