Kudos for Shannon Winterspice

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Taestra

Kudos for Shannon Winterspice

Post by Taestra » Sat Nov 13, 2021 3:06 am

I want to take a moment to give Kudos to the player of Shannon Winterspice. Never have I done this before, but I thought it appropriate to praise such a wonderful character.

The outspoken, louder than life, Queen of the Dwarves added a breath of fresh air to the stubborn old traditionalists over at Brogendenstein, with enough confidence to challenge the mountain in a competition of grandeur.

(And I love every single one of those grumbling, stodgy traditionalists, too - all wonderfully played)

Shannon's player fosters RP wherever they go, encourages dialogue and interaction amongst not only dwarves but all factions on the Surface realms. Her House consists of a variety of humans, hin, and dwarves. They plan events to keep us all engaged and active and always keep things fun and interesting.

So, here's Kudos to Shannon!

a combustible lemon

Re: Kudos for Shannon Winterspice

Post by a combustible lemon » Sat Nov 13, 2021 5:04 am

Shannon is an incredibly charismatic character that adds so much life to Brogendenstein, it's awesome. At first I wasn't too keen on getting myself involved with the settlement, I wanted to see corners and places of the server I wasn't very familiar with, but her player drew me in and I do not regret it one bit. Kudos!

TheFox
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by TheFox » Sat Nov 13, 2021 7:08 am

+1.

I have only been able to play with this character for a little while but it was a great time nevertheless. Looking forward to see what else is in store for this concept!

Edens_Fall
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Edens_Fall » Sat Nov 13, 2021 3:18 pm

Might I add a kudos for "TheFox"'s drow avatar?

Amateur Hour

Post by Amateur Hour » Sat Nov 13, 2021 3:43 pm

All my interactions with Shannon and House Winterspice have been a treat. She clearly goes out of her way to foster RP among people who would otherwise never interact, which leads to wonderful exchanges. Can't wait for more Shannon!

Rolled: Solveigh Arnimayne, "Anna Locksley"
Shelved: Ninim Elario, Maethiel Tyireale'ala
Current: Ynge Redbeard, ???

TavernRoleplayer

Post by TavernRoleplayer » Sun Nov 14, 2021 12:56 am

Shannon is great!

James Drexler (Rolled)
Arthur Drexler-O'Briar (Rolled)
Victor Galincourt (Active)

Paint

Post by Paint » Sun Nov 14, 2021 1:25 am

Shannon's wonderful. I don't think I would've gotten into Brog RP at all if Ester hadn't met her. Very inclusive character who was always roping everyone at arm's length into shenanigans and really helped stir up activity in the dwarven halls.

wulfburk

Post by wulfburk » Sun Nov 14, 2021 3:46 am

An amazing and inclusive roleplayer. All the characters i've had a joy to play with were great, and Shannon made her presence felt in Brog these days, and bumping into her was always a great experience!

Stratonike Silvbriga
Archamus Schelen
Demetrius Herhtov

Tecknooo

Post by Tecknooo » Sun Nov 14, 2021 5:45 am

Super Kudos to Shannon and the player in general. They offered me a chance to play as their younger sibling, Bridgett, with little to no real gatekeeping in terms of what I can RP her. They are one of the best RPers I've run into on Arelith in terms of inclusiveness to anyone they run into. I really only hope the best for them, as they deserve only the best!
:D

Aellowyn
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Aellowyn » Sun Nov 14, 2021 8:39 pm

Ugh Shannon. My characters found her obnoxious, loud and strange, but there was and inkling that one day one of them would grow to like her significantly. Her RP drew you in like one of those old juggernauts and their clingy tentacles you couldn't flee. Her name had spread throughout the isle as she stirred the pot and brought something new to Brog and the Isle.

I was really looking forward to see how she'd change things up and where the story would go. :(

You did a great job and I'm sorry to see her story end so soon. Good luck on your next endeavor wherever it may be!

<redacted> Main
<redacted> Drow Alt
<redacted> Slave Alt
<redacted> Elf Alt
<rolled> Barbaric Elf Alt
<redacted> Alts of alts alt

LivelyParticle
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by LivelyParticle » Mon Nov 15, 2021 8:48 am

I didn't get to see Shannon much but I thought she was an intriguing and memorable character when I did. Hope it's not a goodbye but more a see you later - in any case, all the best to the player!