Garr

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Hazard

Garr

Post by Hazard » Tue Nov 16, 2021 6:44 am

Been away, now playing on and off. Came across the 'update megathread' and garrbears work and posts.
Holy crap, I have to kudos. The transparency and the heads up is something I've desperately wanted for Arelith. It helps that I am also loving the direction of the balance changes, but it just takes off so much anxiety from investing into characters and builds to know what might happen and why. This is very respectful of a players time. Thank you.

I really love this and VERY MUCH appreciate the effort going into it.

Nurel
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Re: Garr

Post by Nurel » Thu Dec 23, 2021 2:02 pm

Even though the shifter update has been redacted for now, I'd like to express my appreciation for the amount of work which was evidently poured into it so far. I'm sure moving a PRC token class over to the base class range is a huge leap in its own right, and pairing this shift (pun) with a complete class overhaul makes it twice as hard.

Thank you so much for overhauling this poor old prestige class which many would like to play but don't for myrriads of reasons since the game's release. I hope to see it finally thrive on Arelith sometime.

Sincra
Project Lead
Project Lead

Post by Sincra » Thu Dec 23, 2021 3:35 pm

Big agree on this Kudos.
Irongron wrote:I've literally never used -guard on anyone.

Watchful Glare

Post by Watchful Glare » Thu Dec 23, 2021 5:05 pm

Agree with everything the first poster has said, and the second one as well, you can tell it has had passion poured into it all in spite of knowing how monumental it is to basically design 4 classes into one to make them viable for current Arelith. Thank you for all your hard work, and your candor. People sometimes knee-jerk reactions, I'm pretty sure I did too when I was newer, but then it hits you, the amount of work you people put in.

I think being so transparent about intent has done a great deal to bridge the disconnect there used to be between general playerbase and the team
Biz here was a constant subliminal hum, and death the accepted punishment for laziness, carelessness, lack of grace, the failure to heed the demands of an intricate protocol.

Ork
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by Ork » Thu Dec 23, 2021 5:26 pm

Garr is a boss.

Kenji
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Post by Kenji » Thu Dec 23, 2021 9:40 pm

Garr deserves a lot of praise for the work he has done for us all. A good friend, a great dev, and a cool dude.

Svrtr
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Svrtr » Thu Dec 23, 2021 10:41 pm

Mad props to Garr for his work. Its the job that needs to be done and he does it great all things considered