Saheeda, Mahmud Kudos

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

AlonelyBard

Saheeda, Mahmud Kudos

Post by AlonelyBard » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:14 am

Guess it's finally time for me to write this up, it's been a while since I first started playing Arelith, and Mahmud is my second long-term character.
I grew up playing Al-Qadim with family members and absolutely loved the lore, setting, and most of all, feel that Zakhara had to it, it was so unlike any other DnD setting, the usual enemies aren't enemies, it trades Black and White morality with a very much so shades of gray, and of course, the Arabian Fantasy is absolutely amazing, one of the few games that I felt really captured the ideas and feel.

From my first days playing Mahmud, one of the biggest compliments I've received through the years was that he seemed to be an absolute outsider, from his mannerisms, how he spoke and brought about points, and sayings. I always wanted to represent the Zakharans properly and not make concessions on to the occasional snootiness and stuff.

For my Kudos to give out, I'd like to start with some of the most prominent people
Khal-Dun(*Chuckles Mirthlessly*): One of the first people to really go out of his way to roleplay with Mahmud, I still remember one of the first meetings was in his old Cordor shop, discussing how he came across Djinn'uther, a dye from Zakhara. Since then, Khal has served as everything from a Father Figure, to the Crazy Uncle, to the brother that he never had. Likely, if it wasn't for Khal-Dun, Mahmud would have never kept going as long as he did.

Itzal(Mr.63 Black): Along with Khal, Itzal was one of the early friends of Mahmud, and really helped him branch out into events beyond just Cordor and Sibayad. With his help I was really able to bring out what kind of character I wanted Mahmud to be, and how he handles the less clear elements of the world, like intrigue. Especially as a character with zero hide and MS.

Drad An'ash: Drad, similar to Itzal was one of the larger influences on Mahmud, rather than taking on the more intrigue elements though, Drad helped me focus on the more courtly elements, meeting nobles, dealing with the council and stuff, more than that, Drad was constantly there for Mahmud when he dealt with the more character based problems. Friends till the end.

Drossaico: Definitely not the one I was expecting to write when I first heard about him, supposed pirate king and leader of Sencliff, definitely have to thank him for introducing me to more and more of the seedy underbelly of Arelith. Him and his crew were a ton of fun to play with.

Konstantine: Fellow Navy player and all around cool guy, though Mahmud never quite agreed with you, I will always love the sort of foil you played to Mahmud, constantly having to weigh his opinion on the friendship between the characters and his own morals. I wish you the best for the rest of your time on Arelith bud, I pray that I won't be your enemy any time soon

Narwiel: Probably one of my favorite elves to play with, interesting RP and definitely one of the few players I've seen that really plays Wild Elves well, her and the rest of the band she ran with made Sibayad writs a breeze for me and enjoyed every last bit of RP along the way.

Tiffa Took: She had big shoes to fill in the Lotus, taking Khal's spot as bartender and general caretaker of the Lotus, Tiffa did an amazing job of playing a halfling that reminded me a lot of what made me like the race in the earlier editions. Though I was always one step removed from her stories, it was always great to play along side her. Everything that happened with her, in her story line really let me bring in some RP that I hadn't been able to for a while.

Burin: Of course the Big Bad Druid of the Heartwood Grove get's a spot, he was always a blast to RP with, playing the wise old man, keyword being old, he provided Mahmud with a lot of help spiritually during his time as a ranger.

In Addition, I'd like to give my honors to the following characters, though I might not be able to come up with all the words needed to thank you all in the same depth, you all meant the world to me.
Rode Densen
John "The Elf"
Dahlia
Tarthi
Annwyl
Dameon Wade
Melodia
Every single Walvish I've encountered over the two years of playing(I genuinely can't remember all of their names, sorry Denny)
Emma Young
Hewdipp
Aaralyn "Rivorndir"
Aldros Rivorndir
Antoinette Rivorndir
Rolf Marr
Segovax
Isabel, Former Chancellor
Alexey Sova
Selddath
Seraphine Blackreign
Winthry Sherlock
Ari Satiah
Gracie, Old Guard
Tug (Even though we never met IC catching the aftermath of her death created a ton of RP for Mahmud)
Lief Saltvik
Von Brandts of Sibayad, including the Half-orc Bodyguard that I travelled with for a time but cannot remember the name of, I'm sorry
Ruger Rockenstocks
Lavanya
Elspeth Derlson
Agnith Liuvigold
Kaladin Softstep
Xun-Sali
Jek Shadowclaw
Drik Shadowclaw
Valks Shadowclaw
The entire rest of the Shadowclaw Clan, you guys are all great
Rayne Windbrook
Devon Marshall
The Artificer
Moegart
The Gauntlet of course, for constantly being a foil for me and my ways of enlightenment
There are very likely people that are slipping my mind right now, but I'd like to give my thanks to everyone unmentioned as well, you know who you all are

Of course, out of the DMs I'd like to thank DM Hoodoo, He was the one to bump me up to RPR 20 and has almost always been there for questions when needed. Similar thanks to Butterfly for the open DMs as well

Beyond all of that, I'd like to give my thanks towards Irongron and the rest of the Arelith staff, thank you for creating a game world where we all can develop our own stories, it's really not something that can really be captured in any other game like it is here, as well, thank you to all of the Arelith players, past, present, and future. The community is the biggest part of what makes these servers click in my opinion.

Hazard

Re: Saheeda, Mahmud Kudos

Post by Hazard » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:38 am

Saheeda <3

Exordius

Post by Exordius » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:57 am

Salaam.

Myles Magnus
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Myles Magnus » Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:02 am

Saheeda brother.
"It ain't easy being green." -Gur'Durak

D4wN

Post by D4wN » Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:55 am

Saheeda! All the best

Currently playing:
Thomas Castemont - Active

Liv McDowall - Shelved
Theodor Helbrecht - Rolled
Emma Young - Rolled
Ember Joyleaf-Underfoot - Rolled

Garvik

Post by Garvik » Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:55 pm

Saheeda

???? - Oh no [Alive]
Konstantin Helbrecht - High Watcher of Helm [Deceased]
Arnbjorn Bladeshadow - Duergar Axemeister [Deceased]
Baldric Pyecroft - Paladin of Torm [Deceased]

Vyrandil Rivorndir
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Post by Vyrandil Rivorndir » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:06 pm

Saheeda rafiq.
Active Character: Aldros Rivorndir
Retired Characters: Gabriel Orland - Scarlet Sons

Edens_Fall
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Edens_Fall » Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:52 pm

Mahmud was defiantly a unique character that seemed to fit right in around Sibayad. His presence only added to the atmosphere of that special place. While only ever in passing, I have enjoyed the few encounters we shared.

That being said, I look forward to your next PC!

98lbs of sad carryweight

Post by 98lbs of sad carryweight » Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:47 am

Saheeda o7

I will forever suffer with having your face stare at us during sibayad times.

Fireboy

Post by Fireboy » Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:44 pm

We didn't get to hang out much but it was always fun. Hope to see you on another toon soon man. Cheers From the Ghost of Ruger Rockenstocks.

WaldoT

Post by WaldoT » Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:58 am

Most interactions between us were from me hearing of you until towards the end. Really brought the Zakharan Pantheon to life. Fun exciting character will look forward to future ideas you have.

Airport Proximity Jesus

Post by Airport Proximity Jesus » Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:09 am

Annwyl will always get a giggle about when he was mistaken for a Djinni
8-) Cool kids wear shades during the endless night 8-)

godhand-
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by godhand- » Tue Nov 30, 2021 9:04 am

Saheeda my friend.
Cortex wrote: Addendum, the immediate above post by godhand is wrong in about every aspect, as were most of his other posts.

dominantdrowess
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by dominantdrowess » Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:10 pm

I am sorry I missed this man, he seems like a legend.

Cthuletta

Post by Cthuletta » Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:07 pm

Saheeda! ;-; I will always treasure the book of Flying Cats that Tiffa still has, and look forward to seeing what new stories you create with new characters!

Juniper Oakley - Just A Wee Bit Batty

Ny'aza 'Peggy' Philor'tyl - Travelling
Tiffa Took Hss'tafi - Happy in Sigil (Rolled)