Killer in the Streets

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

CrawlerShiso
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Killer in the Streets

Post by CrawlerShiso » Fri Dec 03, 2021 9:04 am

A long time ago I wondered what Arelith would be like if a crazed serial killer roamed the streets of Cordor. Well, thanks to Harkhos, I got that answer. What started out as shock and awe at the audacity of his many crimes, his victims unaware of the horror that lurked in the streets, and the far-reaching news of this Cyric worshipping nutjob. I saw a ton of roleplay potential spawn from Harkhos’s murders. Upsetting a stagnant field of complacency and swirling the creativity of many. From figuring out ways to hunt this serial killer, finding out his connections, trying to get him before he commits more crimes.

I was only involved in a few of these roleplay opportunities, but I was very happy to see the community reacting to a very real threat to their characters. The rumors of fear spread to every settlement under the sun touched lands and added another layer of danger to the isle of Arelith. You inspired me, Harkhos! You touched my heart with your craziness and lit a fire of creativity under me to make different roleplay opportunities.

What ever you do next and wherever that craziness is used, I hope you bring healthy conflict to stagnation.

With love,
CrawlerShiso
  • Telru - Died of natural causes

• Tylond'onel - Died of violent causes

• Daedric Snowshepard - Found a way to preserve his sister (Rolled)

• Kol'rath - In hiding and training (Shelved)

• Alaith - Who can guess? (Shelved)

• Gardungokark - Active

LivelyParticle
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Re: Killer in the Streets

Post by LivelyParticle » Fri Dec 03, 2021 6:04 pm

I always enjoyed my interactions with Harkhos, from the time Loki introduced him to my healer in Sibayad (and told him he's not to kill the nice elf!) and the many discussions with him on redemption and purpose after it, through having to battle him with my rogue in Cordor after he straight up murdered someone in front of her... props to you for portraying a crazy Cyric dude, it's not easy being in the bad guy's shoes, so good on ya for filling those shoes and doing a great job of it.

I hope we can see more of him... though I do hope he can stop being an evil dude and see the light, of course. :) Or at least have some kind of heroic ending. He deserves it for the many hours of fun and laughs that have been had. Cheers dude, and thanks for the RP.

fulminea

Post by fulminea » Sat Dec 04, 2021 10:40 pm

A couple of months ago I made a side character and she ended up being some sort of a secretary to the current trade minister of Cordor, then. I never got past level 10 with her, but that was probably I was because too busy trying to keep up with Harkhos and his latest tricks :)

During that time The Minister dealt with a sort of religious movement that turned out to be a handful to handle :P

Harkhos was among this movement. To my character he was a really upsetting nuisance, she wanted him gone and punished! But and even though my character was opposing him with all the cheapest tricks you could imagine, I absolutely adored him for what he did and was rooting for him.

Single handedly he generated RP for a whole group of people all residing in Cordor and with each news of something he did, the situation seemed to become more complex. I among a few got to watch the creation of the concept that is Harkhos, and having been in the crossfire I hope he will prevail as a character and player.

He always stayed true to his character and I regret I didn't get to RP with him more. CrawlerShiso expressed perfectly what I think about Harkhos.

I myself am taking abit of a break, when I return I do hope to read more of all the things he done.

Shine on you crazy Diamond

fulminea

solar separation
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Location: Space Station 3 (Have you seen Carmen Miranda's ghost?)

Post by solar separation » Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:31 am

Going through old screenshots and found one of Harkhos casually talking with people in Cordor made me do a doubletake.

Very neat character, very nice.

Wolfgangvondi

Post by Wolfgangvondi » Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:59 pm

Heys!

I had the privilege to meet Harkhos whit 3 different chars and in different stages of Harkhos "life".
The first time i meet Harkhos char "no one knew him", and he was just starting is char, Rp wise he was "soldier" of the Waukeen order that existed for some short time in cordor. Even if i didn't actually interact that much directly whit him, was plain to see that in the order circle he was already raising and stirring the Rp waters.

The second time, was after he was made an slave in the UD after an failed rescue attempt to liberate a friend from the UD. I guess a lot of ppl don't know, but the real Evil Harkhos was born of this event, as far i know. My char (a different one of the one that i meet Harkhos in the early days of is char) Got lost in The UD, Harkhos found her... played whit her, attacked my char, made her prisoner, and in the end He had an littel surprise from my part too... it was all fantastically, even more because even if mechanical he and Loki (another great RP player, that "joined up" Harkhos when my char was already an prisoner) had total the upper hand... Let me RP an completely unexpected RP conflict and escape. I still remember, how Harkhos reacted to this and its was brilliant, the confusion and surprise by Harkhos... he could had kill me in 2 seconds and he and Loki let me have all the space and time. was fantastic.

At that point i was sure Harkhos char was way more than it would seem at first sight.

Whit my third Char we cross paths again... I unfortunately can't speak a lot of it, because this char of mine is still going.
Let me just say, I had that chance to play regularly whit him, it was so impactful. I see so much more of this Harkhos char...
Never seen before an char that was so strongly, despise, villainize (whit good reasons ofc), evil, but at the same, just dam heroic, lovely, charm. And all whit out breaking is char RP. Very impressive.

Thanks for all Harkhos ; )
Lily