authors of arelith

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

2d6 emotional damage

authors of arelith

Post by 2d6 emotional damage » Sat Apr 16, 2022 5:36 pm

i've been exploring the server's various library collections, and i just got to say, wow. Over 1,500 unique player written books (ish). 1,500 unique short stories, essays, and writing pieces all generated from this persistent world rp server-- and this doesn't account for hundreds, if not thousands of other pieces that have gone unpublished or lost to time.

we may take this sort of thing for granted, but this is honestly a monumental accomplishment for a story telling/sharing medium. i could spend days reading and still have new content to find and read, all made by you. that's just awesome. generative RP that can self perpetuate writing and engagement with the content is really an impressive feat that a lot of mediums try and fail to achieve. The librarians, authors, and writers of arelith are really a credit to the success arelith has as a creative writing platform.

i love you and your formal studies on elven ear reactions, kobold lice, and theological ravings.

D4wN

Re: authors of arelith

Post by D4wN » Sun Apr 17, 2022 1:04 am

I couldn't agree more! I've written 6 IG books and have thoroughly enjoyed writing each one. I've found it to be incredibly challenging and even exhausting. But it's felt like such an accomplishment. I know other people have written many books too, but even just writing one takes so much time and dedication. I love seeing all these works end up in various libraries and becoming part of the world. Kudos to everyone not only writing these books, but building these libraries and creating RP out of it. <3

Currently playing:
Thomas Castemont - Active

Liv McDowall - Shelved
Theodor Helbrecht - Rolled
Emma Young - Rolled
Ember Joyleaf-Underfoot - Rolled

KND

Post by KND » Sun Apr 17, 2022 4:45 am

as an established author on arelith, i appreciate you appreciating me

Painus

Post by Painus » Sun Apr 17, 2022 9:52 am

i appreciate
Nylaathria Willowmoon - rolled
"Emryc" - rolled
Vigdis Odhinkarr - rolled
Callum D'Amico - banned

Asutii

Post by Asutii » Sun Apr 17, 2022 9:53 am

i'm big into books

Skibbles
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Post by Skibbles » Sun Apr 17, 2022 5:05 pm

Book writing (and fixture making too!) is helpful in so many ways. It can help expand on your own character concept, and enrich others' too. Good fixtures can especially generate lots of RP.

It is one of the hidden gems of the Arelith setting by far, and books have a strange life on their own as they're passed down from character to character, copied, and organically spread across the isle.

I've written no small number of books and it's very fulfilling to discover one of them, sometimes years later, in the most unexpected places imaginable.
Irongron wrote: [...] the super-secret Arelith development roadmap is a post apocalyptic wasteland populated with competing tribes of hand-bombard wielding techno-giants, and strewn with the bones of long dead elves.

So we're very much on track.

triaddraykin
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by triaddraykin » Sun Apr 17, 2022 11:02 pm

Not to toot my own horn or anything, but the Winter's Rest in Westcliff is open to the public, and has some... 6, 700 books, I think? It needs updated, but I'm pretty proud of it, and always glad to share everything through the printing press.
Alia: The uncanny knack of Angela Amana to make the otherwise perpetually well-mannered girl lose her temper and be HORRIBLY ASHAMED afterwards.

Who on the Team to PM and When
Public Tower Discord
Tower Library
Scroll, Wand, & Potion Costs