Red Tower - Vensurai's Version

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

WitchyEvil

Red Tower - Vensurai's Version

Post by WitchyEvil » Thu Apr 28, 2022 3:34 pm

Lilith first joined the Red Tower as the Librarian. Through long effort and time, ransacking libraries and bartering trades for rare editions along with securing multiple donations, Lilith built the Tower Library into a marvel. And in this, she started to become more of a fixture in the Tower itself.

An Art Gallery was built, a classroom established and life flourished even in the many political maneuverings that circled Andunor. Many new friends and allies were made, both in the 'Dark and on the Surface above, the the network grew.

Lilith started hosting parties and events, small scale misadventures among friends and she became the default Mistress of the Tower, even if she did not yet hold such for herself.

And then ownership was transferred to her, since as a noble by blood she could maintain such a property, and it continued to grow. The Tower offered support to Andunor's Navy, for training and supplies and funding when possible. The Tower offered support to Andunor's Militia, offering again space for training and aid with supplies, hosting fundraisers and events to garner awareness. The Tower supported several smaller Andunorian groups that wanted a space to teach or host events, and even weddings took place the halls.

For all this continued support to the city Lilith was promoted to Greyport's Nobility, and the wild events grew ever more grand. Fundraisers, Galas and celebrations were held and the Tower flourished to expand.

But Alas, No Queen Rules Forever.

Unfortunately due to real life situations many of the Tower's supporters and friends, members and allies slowly left to attend to their real world obligations.

Some of them had children. May their spawn be as evil as all 'Darkers should be.
Some of them had problems arise in their life due to the ever shifting political climate of the actual world around us. May they and family be well and safe.
Some of them had problems with work and maintaining stability. May those who must endure audits and hackers grow strong.

As the last of the Old Guard had to leave the game to attend to some personal affairs, I realized that the Tower as it had existed was no longer a feasible beasty. Too many had gone, and I no longer have the time I once did to ambush random persons to join my madness. In the end, I could not justify maintaining the Tower.

The original plan was to attend to closing matters once I had returned and able to devote time to play again on April 26th, and take the time needed to get everything transferred where it should go. HILARIOUSLY, Greyport elections kicked off about this time as well, and I decided it would be a marvelous fun to maybe make the transition a bit of a wild fiasco of fun. Alas it did not work, haha! (for the best I'd have gone MAD with the politics.)

The Tower will be entering a new era and I can't wait to see what that brings.

Lilith will still be doing her madcap misadventures, along with hosting mad events and parties. This simply pushes me to expand in new directions, and to make new friends for such endeavors.

Thank you all for the fun we had, and lets look forward to more!
Currently Playing
Lilith Vensurai

Morgy
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Re: Red Tower - Vensurai's Version

Post by Morgy » Sun May 01, 2022 7:10 pm

I loved the effort you always went to for events and to create sinister narratives. Thank you for your inclusion!

Watchful Glare

Post by Watchful Glare » Mon May 02, 2022 3:32 am

What an absolute staple of the UD the Red Tower events were, and it's inhabitants too; the murder mystery one where the guests were being murdered by another was an all time favorite, and welcoming just about anyone who came a-knocking. I had a blast teaching new players in it too, and doing fun necromancy, and knowledge-related RP with the library. Some of my favorite moments happened within it, in it's actuality. I would not have some of my favorite people to write with if Lilith were not there!

Thank you for all the fun
Biz here was a constant subliminal hum, and death the accepted punishment for laziness, carelessness, lack of grace, the failure to heed the demands of an intricate protocol.

Edens_Fall
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Edens_Fall » Mon May 02, 2022 10:11 pm

I enjoyed the few events I was able to attend. Well done and thank you for your past endeavors! We all look forward to what comes next for Lilith.

KT28
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by KT28 » Tue May 03, 2022 9:22 pm

I have many fond memories of fantastic events at the Red Tower - the date auction and the murder mystery being two of my favorites! Thanks for all the effort you put into all your events!

Baronze

Post by Baronze » Fri May 06, 2022 11:35 am

Somehow, unexpectedly even, having my character live in the Tower and having all the social intrigue that is involved in it thrown at him was one of the most fun things I've done on Arelith. I have no clue how you kept it going for so long, kudos.

D4wN

Post by D4wN » Fri May 06, 2022 1:08 pm

Organising events takes a massive amount of effort and time and you always did it flawlessly. Much respect.

Currently playing:
Thomas Castemont - Active

Liv McDowall - Shelved
Theodor Helbrecht - Rolled
Emma Young - Rolled
Ember Joyleaf-Underfoot - Rolled

Azensor

Post by Azensor » Sun May 08, 2022 7:10 am

was fun will it lasted, and heres hoping someone enjoys prototype ir, whoever gets it that is :p

WitchyEvil

Post by WitchyEvil » Mon May 09, 2022 2:19 pm

Azensor wrote:
Sun May 08, 2022 7:10 am
was fun will it lasted, and heres hoping someone enjoys prototype ir, whoever gets it that is :p
Lilith kept that one for her personal collection.
Currently Playing
Lilith Vensurai

Elesadi

Post by Elesadi » Tue May 10, 2022 4:32 am

While I didn't attend many events, I definetily had fun with the Red Tower. It was a strange sanctuary in the Dark in some ways.

You absolutely made me regret not being evil with everything you created ;)
Plays as: Avalri DeLocke