~ Pact Broken ~

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Preserver
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

~ Pact Broken ~

Post by Preserver » Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:16 am

Hello wonderful people!
I want to write this post to thank all those who participated in Providence's Odyssey of realisation, redemption, and revelation by bringing her from a conniving Warlock to what she is today, without her Pact!

This is far from being a thread of salutation and thanks for Providence in general, and more something designed to thank those who specifically participated in this part of her story - so without further ado...

- Konstantin Helbrecht - the first person who made Providence think that maybe being a Warlock isn't that good, and harshly opened her eyes to the reality of her condition.
- Valros Rivorndir - tolerance, to hatred, to maybe hope? RPing with Valros further pushed Providence towards a path of understanding that perhaps not all decisions are final.

- Gaderel Anjou - because there must always be someone you're utterly afraid of that keeps reminding how change for the better is not just a matter of right or wrong, but of survival.
- Daniel Baker - for showing Providence proof of mercy even amidst those she considered to be utterly dedicated to her undoing.

- The Cordorians - incredibly generic, but here are involved all the members of the Justiciary and Administration (Rillie Sauer, Siobhan, Estelle, Najih, Sly, Aesa, etc...) who accelerated Providence's path towards change, even if by urgency, and contributed in providing a big chunk of drama to the panic-induced research.

- Oak Vintergard - probably the final piece of the puzzle in Providence's walk towards "good", for teaching her good as a universal and objective moral, rather than something that must be justified and argued about.
- The Brogedensteiners - herein involved all the Dwarven people that participated in Providence's healing and rehabilitation (Malek-Dorn Sternheart, Kaxanar Valdrin, etc...), for being the ones pushing Providence to consider that something like "good" must indeed exist in the cosmos, for mercy to be granted to a wretch like her.
- Varfogar Arrellanes - Providence's main friend and support in these harsh times, always ready to assist and support her in any way, to the point of giving her the chance to initiate her path of redemption.
- The Silvermanes - here in involved people like Nefzin, Sili, Jayna, Warre, and all those who participated both in the final rite of Pact-Breaking and in the Odyssey to see Providence protected (first) and contributing to her redemption (second).

- Seitera Colds - from the academic and scholarly affinity, to the endless ideas to contribute to Providence's restoration (and RP OOCly), she was a rock for Providence to grab onto in moments of danger and confusion.
- Izahne Tiller - for participating in the ritual and being a presence in Providence's tale in general, though apparently only in moments of extreme controversy and danger!
- Ginny Fairlen - for being a support and a dear friend of Providence's in her darkest moments, and providing assistance whenever she could!
- Narr Nolkus - for the nice words and the harsh ones too, because it is frankly surprising that "someone as smart as Providence was dumb enough to enter a Pact", is it not? Narr is great!
- Validus Monachum - for assisting Providence and, frankly, for one of the most visceral (pun intended) surgeries of my RP experience.
- Devon Marshal - probably one of the most balanced individuals for what concerned Providence after her outing as a Warlock: he was wary, but open, and though we haven't roleplayed as much as I would have liked, every time the interactions were particularly enjoyable.
- Ivar Ferdamman - much like Devon, for having given Providence a chance even after the news about her wickedness emerged, and for having pushed her on a path of understanding of what being decent means.
- Salasker Dusk - for that specific help that only he was able to give, and that shall not be further mentioned!

- Many Honourable Mentions - there are several PCs who participate in the roleplay in brief or one-shot encounters and that nevertheless contributed in one way or another. Tilari Naltanàrie, Dame Hyadelyn, Dame Ilne, Izanagi, Miatza Cranstone, and others! All in one way or another were responsible for giving Providence a chance, or for pushing her towards betterment of the self.

Some may be unmentioned, but not forgotten!
Thanks all and can't wait to RP more with all of you.
Last edited by Preserver on Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:38 am, edited 3 times in total.

~ Lladria Sethassiel ~ (Dead!) - ~ Siobhan Gray (Departed!)
~ Elspeth Lynndain (Dead!) - Noasheel Xephrates (Dead!)
~ Yachta - ~ Providence (Dead!)

MarkRed

Re: ~ Pact Broken ~

Post by MarkRed » Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:28 am

I loved what parts I had contributed to your story, and have loved what I've heard over my several months playing here, both IC and OOC!

Table&Chair Brick Wall | RedKnight Quartermaster | World's friendliest Tormite | Average Book Enjoyer Luskan | Stutter Elf Archer | Pie Goddess' #1 Fan | Best Slave Luskan | Deadpanned Luskan |

Communication, the only thing that matters.

Snake2512

Post by Snake2512 » Fri Apr 29, 2022 11:40 am

Providence was an enjoyable character to interact with as a vehicle of moral thought. Engaging with her allowed for the full range of opinions on her condition and pact to be expressed by every member of the Church Militant of Ilmater. It provoked interesting dialogue, complex moral axioms and allowed an entire group of people to truly express and explore their characters true moral compass.

It is not easy to manage that kind of dimension on a character so it was refreshing to see and engage with.

Denny Lynndain-Walvish, certified rude boy - Rolled
Lysanthir Ellenocen - Shelved
Reznov Willensbane - Rolled
Vald Machjarak - Rolled
Gaderel Anjou, certified lawful good - Active
Rodolfo Duskvale, certified funny guy - Rolled
Ghug Sord - Extinguished

TooManyPotatoes

Post by TooManyPotatoes » Fri Apr 29, 2022 1:43 pm

I have enjoyed Providence’s story over these months. Through the discussions she and her situation inspired, Oak has been able to learn a lot about what motivates those around him and put his own beliefs to the test. Though Oak’s responses were often straight forward and simplistic in their appearance, I as a player was delighted to see the impact they apparently had.

I look forward to more.