Kudos: Merchant Navy

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

mariangel

Kudos: Merchant Navy

Post by mariangel » Sat Jun 11, 2022 3:49 am

Super self conceited but after my character took the role as the leader of the Merchant Navy I just want to give a quick shout out to all my boys and girls of the Merchant Navy! The sailing mechanism has really become something of a marvel for the Arelith server and I am super glad to become "bitten by the bug" as they say!

There are many names here I want to add to the mix, like Ayiesha, Pentunia, Kaedan, Ashlee, Sili, Elindros, Zemys* and so on but the fact is that there SO many great RPers both within and outside the Merchant Navy as a faction and sailing crew which I deeply appreciate and have made the entire experience so far great. All have been GREAT RPers and lead to great RP encounters and situations I am truly happy to have been a part of to participate.

Who knows what awaits in the future but so far it has been a GREAT experience and I am hugely thankful for the people who have been a part of this, hoping much more adventures and fun at sea!

Additionally a shout-out to AR who has made the sailing system so fun, all the Sencliff pirates and underdarkers or any who have taken their business to the sea!

* These are only a few names, there are so many others and you are all appreciated!

FallenDabus

Re: Kudos: Merchant Navy

Post by FallenDabus » Sat Jun 11, 2022 12:47 pm

I was about to make my first ever thread in the kudos subforum for Mariangel, but then I spotted this one, so now she only gets a measley post.

Mariangel and the Merchant Navy have been fantastic adversaries to Natasha and her crew. It's been a lot of fun for Natasha to be forced firmly back into the role of the underdog. A pirate preying on weaker prizes, while being chased by a more powerful navy. But far more importantly, the brief roleplay encounters between Mariangel and Natasha over the span of the conflict have been such a treat.

It could easily have been just a shallow, argumentative pissing match of insults and expressions of mutual distaste being traded back and forth. Instead, their conversations and sparring of words have had a ton of impact on my character. The constant pressure and the new ways Mariangel devises to push Tasha off-balance really force a lot of character and story development at Sencliff. That Mariangel managed to do so in a way that also secured the respect and admiration from the uppity, thoroughly jaded gutter-rat turned bilge-rat makes it all the better.

I am so looking forward to the day that Mariangel forces Natasha into a hopeless situation that she can no longer weasel herself out of and finally claims true victory. Which is about the highest compliment I can give to a player who plays an adversary to one of my characters.

<3
Natasha Dryby ~ Songstress of the Sea!
Shaelin Durothil ~ Divine Seeker of Sehanine (retired)
Yowyn ~ Svirfneblin Druidess (retired)

Distant Relation

Post by Distant Relation » Sat Jun 11, 2022 1:01 pm

It's an utterly rare, priceless treat to have an adversarial relationship that doesn't just boil down to mindless pvp built around the 24 hour pvp timer. The Merchant Navy have, as a whole, acted with a great deal of grace around our continued opposition.

Battles are left for the sea, where salt deals with salt. On land, we trade verbal barbs, we drink together, we sabotage, we attend festivals together, we bond over the silly antics of the landlubbers, we have chilling moments where our differing interests clash.

The greatest pieces that make this possible, in my opinion, are two figures in the Roses (Tasha and Maiven) and two figures in the Navy (Mariangel and Ayiesha). You set the tone the rest of us follow, and the outcome so far is a real environment of high adventure, mutual respect, and a strong rivalry that has only brought all of us together rather than lead to ooc drama.

Legends, the lot of ya.

LichBait

Post by LichBait » Sat Jun 11, 2022 2:45 pm

Kudos indeed! Merchant Navy has been great, as have everyone else that has RP'd with us!

Current
Ayiesha Dahyarif
Ilphaeryl Xun'viir

Party in the forest at midnight

Post by Party in the forest at midnight » Sat Jun 11, 2022 6:36 pm

I really like the Merchant Navy and how they let people tag along with them for fishing or to go and see the seas. Sailing is a difficult system to get into and the more difficult content really does take dedicated sailors, thank you for letting Gabriel come along and be part of the ride!

AsteraceaeOculus

Post by AsteraceaeOculus » Sun Jun 12, 2022 12:18 am

I love this faction, and I am so happy that my first character has been a part of it. Heres to much more fun roleplay and adventures on the high seas!

Lewtzy

Post by Lewtzy » Sun Jun 12, 2022 1:29 pm

I'll chip in.

Definitely glad to see them do so well and have great RP.
Most of the encounters we had have been simply hilarious or (ICly) infuriating without the need for killbashing.

Nothing but love for the crew and Mari.
(player of Saul)

Levefre
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Levefre » Sun Jun 12, 2022 2:35 pm

After meeting the Merchant Navy by complete chance and being asked to sail for the first time, I was instantly hooked by this amazing bunch of people and RPers. Although I can't always maintain a persistent presence (timezones suck), each and every time I do get to hang out with them it is always a fun adventure. I'm really grateful to be included.

Aeryeris

Post by Aeryeris » Tue Jun 14, 2022 4:42 pm

My favourite sailors!

The Merchant Navy is an awesome project. It creates a real sense of community and provides a really relaxed roleplaying environment while still being really involved in the server at large.

I always have a huge amount of fun RPing with you all. Keep it up.
Currently playing: Ginny Fairlen