Lilian Williams - The Librarian Gets Shelved

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

neverwinternightly

Lilian Williams - The Librarian Gets Shelved

Post by neverwinternightly » Wed Jun 15, 2022 7:57 am

As I think a fair few know at this point, I've spent a lot of time considering shelving Lilian. She has been a part of a LOT over the past nearly two RL years. It's wild for me to even type that. My longest lasting character prior went on for maybe three months. But as time has gone on, I've felt myself slowly lose direction and desire to push her own story. I wouldn't say it's the worst thing. I enjoyed stepping into a role that allowed Lilian to just be supportive of those around her instead of directly pursuing her own plots. But the more I've thought about it, the more I've felt like it's a good time for her to slip back into the shadows. So after helping at the coming Dark Bazaar event, that is the plan!

I'm not really sure it's going to be a full-on perma-shelving yet, but I'm pretty sure if she does come around it'll just be as a visitor more than a constant face trying to get involved and butt into everyone's business.

I'll say upfront that there is no way I'm going to be able to cover everything in this thread. I can't even begin to thank everyone I've had the pleasure of interacting with. Lilian's friends, allies, lovers, enemies, people she talked to in passing, and even some people she never even met! Such an insane amount of people played a part in making her story unforgettable for me.

Lily's First Skal Friends
Ilith Ilyana (Red) and Smudge

My screenshots of this trio are lost in my old laptop, but some great stories came from the pair of them. Ilith in particular started as Lilian's combat mentor, evolved into a trusted near-friend (I like to think there was friendship in those sneers), and eventually turned into something much more complicated due to what unfolded with the Knights of the Rozen Chalice. What went down between them still stands as some of the cruelest I think Lilian ever managed to be.

Heryn
I highly doubt this player even remembers me, but they were the first person who helped me out with writs after Lily left Skal. No questions asked, Heryn just guided Lilian throughout Sibayad. We never rped again after this, but I really appreciated it for what it was!

Knights of the Rozen Chalice (and its various iterations)
Adelyn Belle'rose, Giotto Veke, Imzel Czeraya, Ezri Tinfoot, Therh Filtheyes, Joker, Misa Aers, Riyas Wenhorn, Colin Blake

There were several versions of this group, but the original bunch and the massive reveal in Dis was where it was most memorable for me. It also helped push Lily's interest in history that she later pushed in the museum. Kudos for all the small plots that were attempted! Some really creative efforts were put into them.

Claudia Celalweanthrei
"I won't stay 'ere with that 'maybe' looming above me 'ead. Do it or don't. You'd be givin' me a mercy."

Lilian's relationship with Claudia started off as something incredibly pure. Most things up to the point they got together were mangled up in some kind of twisted game, but her time with Claudia was a reprieve from that. As secrets were revealed and the two went their own way, it sent both characters spiraling. Some very emotional and tragic moments came out of the rp shared between these two.

Cordor Museum
Kels Vetian, Draelyn, Stephen Fletcher, Leandre, Nadine

As Adelyn left Cordor, Lilian stepped up to continue what they'd been working on at the museum. Kels showed up in a huge way and became one of Lilian's closest friends as they worked together on projects. Blythe and Veisha made great contributions here too! (Veisha's relationship with Lilian was also a tragic one, but that's a different story entirely).

Thanks to Stephen Fletcher and Nadine for pushing Kels and Lilian to study the Knights of the Road as much as they did. The book and exhibit that came out of that (as well as all the rp) took a lot of effort, but it was a really rewarding experience! It's still my favorite corner of the museum.

It's a shame how abrupt the end of this chapter was, but it was an impactful one all the same.

"The worst part is...I still am not upset at you." -Veisha Calan

(some of these exhibits were torturous to make)

Cordor
“I swear on my honor as a knight that I will not leave an ally or friend behind if you choose to be one.” -Arathis Aurelian

Marley Goodman, Donny Valensia, James Hightower, Dameon Wade, Aldros Rivorndir, Elinee Fynn, Nicodemus San-Lanargaith, Marisa Relles, Kessarin Carmichael, Mia Amour, Isabel, Bjorn Thor'kin, Rosalie Young, Gaist Beoluve, Myzzrin Brightburst, Odtgankawuh Zorig-Gerel, Oriistan Illucia, Rolf Marr, Isaac Datson, Alria La'Coria, Emma Young, Konstantin Helbrecht, Amadia, Darion Giullare, Lysrithien L'mirlion, Azel Silvaria, Evelynn Ward, Aranzir Amante, Rayne Windbrooke, Isola Crawford, Tamaris, Gur'durak, Kalliope Iar, Tarthi Weglyn, Briggs, Drad An'ash, Tognark Ironwallop, Segovax Wolfguard, Isabella Rivera

Not all of these people are explicitly Cordor characters, and there are many, many more I could list here too. Lilian's time in Cordor was amazing. There was a heap of interesting, inclusive rp on one end and a massive amount of slowly building tension on the other. With each passing day, she could tell her time in the city was going to come to an end, but many people did their best to keep the rp alive! Kudos to those who fought with her, for her, and against her during her stay there! Also thanks to all those who came to language lessons and helped out!

"If I thought I could walk away from this all and no one would blame me, I would." -Denny Walvish

State Magi
Sirius Zorastryl, Ain Ameleen, Ryiah, Blythe, Zacriel Throne, Balthasar Bishop, Revera Donlersaat, Markus Hawkwinter, Whisper, Alfred Argent, Serrick Arvisson, Sly Laenarys, Scarlet Moore, Lily-Belle, Nerys Kerr, Phade, Cain Fryar, Mackenzie Graves, Breeze-of-Tomorrow

The arc that ended her time in Cordor! There was a lot of good drama. There was a lot of bad drama. All the same, there were so many memorable moments with this group. Certain parts have stuck with Lilian ever since. Wholesome friendships. A spurred interest in magical artifice. Plentiful backstabbing. Fighting Eldritch Evils. The State Magi had it all and more.

Conni Ano'coda
"Let's get drinks sometime."

One of Lilian's first and best friends. One of her longest-standing friendships too. Conni and Lily told each other everything… except when they didn't. The way this relationship developed over the months and months was spectacular and absolutely heartbreaking. I can't begin to thank the player enough for everything they've put Conni through alongside Lilian.

Book Fiends
"Well. You understood about Blood Magic Volumes One and Two." -Kels Vetian

Arizima Sepret, Garrett Kelson, Nella Fryar, Lief Saltvik, Narcisse, Sydney Harrow, Schezalle Sfayi Beltaulur

Some of these people roleplayed with Lilian more than others, but all played a part in cultivating her obsessive desire to collect new books. The collection she ended up with was easily one of the achievements she was proudest of. Also shoutout to everyone who has ever written a book in-game for contributing to such an awesome and expansive pool of lore.

The Snakes
Nashne Xephrates, Theltzuil Xephrates, Zsuikhiu Xephrates, Noasheel Xephrates, Sszakazhi, Thassia Sseradess

It was short-lived, but little ever felt as cool as the time we spent slithering around as a den of sneks. This chapter was also pivotal in getting Lilian to finally embrace that side of her more openly.

"The truth is hard to grasp and likely somewhere between grief, over witnessing the fall of the serpentine empire; fear, for the eternal enemy and Makers of our kind who wait for our weakest moment to strike and selfish power, by way of heading powerful things. Perspective is probably the only difference between the three." -Sshaksah Hss'Tafi

Holly Holtz, The Macabre Emporium, and The Cadre Metallicus
Holly Holtz/Molly Strange, Oa', Faka Uriinari, Cicero Blaque, Lili Blaque, Johnathan Holtz, Rhavuk, The Ultra-Troglodye, Sycyla Densin, Hanri, Ajax, Solaria Dawnrose, Ayondin, Caenfyddel, Devon Marshal, Silanah Enkhadu, Arhalie Emberleigh, Zurielys Svafa, Sabiha Tae'le, Z, Alexey Sova

It's probably weird bundling all of this together, but that's how it plays out in my head. Holly brought out the utter insanity hidden away in Lilian. It was only made worse when channeled through "Camilla". Memorable scenes, talks, artwork, books, and more came out of all of this, so thanks to everyone involved! (Especially if you never knew it was me in the first place!)

Friends in Dark Places
"Pray and the shadows will whisper a name to you and that is the name you shall take. You may take many names, but the first name is your name until you become part of the void." -The Pontiff

Zith d'Astunin, Dusk, Marla Daevhi, Fang, Etym, Sojourner, Seldgath, Nezumi Ishida, Saemira, Augur, Esmerelda, Quirina Chaedris, Kar'ceni, Shara Mor'ahn, Saela Elaniri, Tarrick Armand, Penthos, Everett Addams, Cookie, Cutlass, Wisp, Someyo Shadowsong, Crow, Mathilde d'Soleil, Aellowyn, Nevve, Trissolin Xel'vraxa, Roxxi

Lilian spent a lot of time in the shadows. There she met all kinds of characters! Some were more wicked than others. Some influenced her faith and how she saw the world. Some became enemies, plenty became friends. Many of them taught her something about herself that she'd hold onto forever. Thanks for all the amazing talks and interesting plots that came with it!

“Much easier to not hurt yourself hoping for a better tomorrow if you don't believe in it in the first place.” -Scilth Sarcro

ImageImage

Merwyn
"Respect yourself. Self-actualize. Know your hungers and satisfy them. Kill anyone that tries to stop you and then you will start to know yourself. Instead of constantly emulating and bending to suit others' whims."

Merwyn pushed Lilian hard. She pushed Lily into spots of deep discomfort when they first met. She pushed Lily to find herself and stop hiding behind a mask. She pushed Lily to explore her faith. They also probably pushed each other well over the edge of insanity. This relationship was intense and emotional all the way through to the bitter end, and it will always stick with Lilian.

The Abyssal Reavers + Citadel
Hlarnoth Surdyn, Horun, Huron, Vidryk, Sarek, Jan, Theu, Zanma Blackthorn, Rias, Theodor Helbrecht, Alicia Stein

While never explicitly a part of either group, Lilian spent a lot of time surrounded by many of these names. The feast involving both was one of the coolest player events I'd ever been to. So many people who were massive influences on my character all in one room!

Roselyn Kingsley
"I have cultivated a certain amount of control over my emotions, in the decades spanning my life, Lilian. I was surprised by how much they controlled /me/, when I watched you walk through that portal. I don't... fully understand what it is I felt. What it is I feel, when I look into your eyes."

These two met under odd circumstances in Sibayad while Lily was living in Cordor. Roselyn was little more than a mysterious woman with an interesting story at the time. They met again later as Lilian moved down to Andunor. It was there where their relationship began to blossom. Roselyn took Lily in and helped her acclimate to Andunor. They slowly developed a particularly deep bond.

Dozens and dozens of scenes between the two shaped this bond. Each passing moment brought some kind of emotion out of each woman, both having done their best to suppress exactly that previously. Anger, frustration, sadness, excitement, and eventually even love. Roselyn constantly shaped how Lilian grew, just as her player constantly challenged me as a roleplayer.

Naexi
"All things seek their Paradise. When, with Power, they claim space and dominion enough to influence the flow of chaos we call life to sate their Desire, Paradise is made.This is no simple task. Life is fair, but it is only fair to those that reach out and grab what they want, despite the obstacles of life."

Naexi started off as someone Lilian wanted nothing to do with. She tried really hard to hate Naexi's guts. It didn't last for very long! If anything, I think the way their relationship started made the two come to enjoy each other that much more. So many moments from their time together I look back fondly on. By the end of it, Naexi became one of the closest people Lilian ever knew.

The Erudite Arcanum
Schezalle Sfayi Beltaulur, May'riina Shri'isstra, Alirios Freth, Uri Navarai, Lorenzo Ortega Marquez, Zelos Xun'viir, Aunrae Hlairyn, Sata Iravachi, Si'larr and Li'sarr, Shrieyl, Ilphaeryl Xun'viir, Iymirra, Iyelle Ixit'shii, Adam Nazarent, Treema Z'ress, Senrae, Ough, Istorvir, Lavok Xun'viir, Szibillia Szarka, Summa Exheptios, Nas'hloah Zaa'kir, Drik Shadowclaw, Vierna Xun'viir, Davei "Synk" Glumgum, Cecilia Vandran, Yndriil Llanaat, Azkar Khan, Siegfriedr Haraldson, Malrik Xel'vraxa, Oldo Vought, Xyphos Freth, Raeva Kor, Francesca Visconti, Kaaliya Tzulta, Emily Bitterbloom, Imri Xel'vraxa, Caria Syloson, Zayd Bashir, Meredith Asher

"History and society are shaped by interesting souls like as by gravity. Never by direct hand, but the warp of their influence, knowing or not." -Sydney Harrow

Even listing all those names, I know it's only a FRACTION of the people Lily ended up talking to because of the Arcanum. What an amazing faction of interesting characters. Dozens of books read, a ton of unique events, handfuls of interesting interviews, and a LOT of writing and copying.

The Arcanum became a huge part of Lilian's life over the years she spent in Andunor, and the great roleplay that came out of the organization is the reason for it.

The Shadow Wharftown Mess
Lysanthir Ellenocen, Eilwyn Xyrsis, Nylaathria Willowmoon and the Knock Squad (and many names already listed above)

Hands down one of the best "hostile" scenes that I've been a part of. All the better that it started off as a random bout of pvp. Both sides could've called it after the pvp ended, but instead it developed into a moment that was so much more.

Andunor
Nemerarie Athol, Safira Athol, Vel'zinnia Athol, Lupercallia Xemitra, Selddath, Anastasia Severyna, Elder Ikarus, Mosova, Ulvorne, Styrm, Alak, Kjara and Fara, Luastra Hel'vael, Rowan

I am absolutely under-representing with this list here (I tried to remedy this with the list further down!). More than half of Lilian's time as a character was spent down in Andunor. She mingled with tons of people, worked with many organizations, made any number of allies, friends, and enemies.

I had never played in the Underdark prior to Lilian, and there was a point in time I thought I was just going to roll her whenever her time on the surface came to an end. I'm very glad that instead I took Andunor as the beginning of a new character in her life and got to be a part of so much roleplay there.

The Atorak Syndicate and Company
Callum D'Amico, Mireya Orivan, Rodolfo Duskvale, Sophia, Jhulae, Perunika, Sandal Kite, Joseph Nav, Atorak, Laerca, Zainab

"Focus on your efforts. Make a promise to yourself, to love and cherish your personality before you lose it. Because if you play a losing game, you will lose the sensations of life that make it worth living. Owe yourself the best and nothing else. Understand?" -Duvain

The time Lilian spent hanging out with members of the Syndicate was a blast. Lots of really fun moments. Outside the fun (and copious gambling), there were some really deep personal talks that Lily will carry with her going forward. They're a controversial bunch, but I enjoyed that and I loved getting the chance to roleplay with them as much as I did.

Nerali
"My love for you is impossible, and yet here it is."

Lilian's story came with a lot of different chapters. Each tended to come with its own traumatic, emotional relationship, but it finally settled by its conclusion.

The pair ended up meeting at painful low-points of their life, but helped each other through these moments. They continued to help each other through horrific battles again and again as time went on. They lost massive groups of friends together. They dealt with problematic people and enemies alongside one another. They even had their fair share of trouble within their relationship, but they never stopped working to help move past it and grow.

Eventually it reached a point where there was rarely Lilian without Nerali, thus their cutesy "Neralily" name that came to be. So many impactful scenes. So many hilarious moments. So many times Nerali said exactly what Lilian was about to and made me delete my entire chat bar.

These two were far from good people. They both led really difficult lives and did a lot of messed up things, but somehow they managed to find a pretty good ending together. I'm very thankful to have had the chance to get so close with the character and player.

Thank you so much to everyone for being a part of Lilian's story! <3

Further Kudos to….
The DM and Dev Teams
Karathas Morathil
Kaos Morathil
Flow
Bane Sair-ris
Aly’arra Z’ress
Izke
Klawam Claddath
Jhaamnaste Claddath
Ja’kur Z’ress
Clonk
Shion
Riz'ynrae Auvry-lyl
Garath Twinblade
Kynes Isilibriniel
Yssa Kaixis
Myrr Xun'viir
Mystia Moonlight
Eli Riverstar
Tove Knudsdottir
Durzali
Tick Mcmillion
Kaine Elward
Xune Seerir
Cealia Le'Fane
Cheryl Garrio
Sithra Hhune
Obareen
Khafra Zahuran
Yrmalag Caernorn
Mavelinn
Maknold
Vzjari Minzorinem
Isak Kerringar
Valenthia Chézin
Ornndrin
Aran Dorn
Blake Lynk
Sebastian Emberall
Valynir Xel'vraxa
Tiberian Voralius
Solihel Niefrendil
Vrolka
Myryzz d'Astunin
Arne Allid
Elclavdra Xun'viir
Rhavuk Bloodstone
Vernes Rivers
Gorehound
Leafbane
Centipede's Sister
K'yofein Everharn
Noah Morrigantes
Kenton Swift
Bliss Blackworth
Johnathan Jadefang
Shay Valensia
Kira Fairbanks
Uskura Uuthrakt
Dethos Black'Oak
Galikros Valentini
Welverin Xel'vraxa
Liadove Meviryn
Frandor Carcel
Mabel Carcel
Thekt Qassask
Robin Pryce
Cash
Chalcan Tholstar
Harvey Thron
Zephious
Cassius Sjeckyik
Derristan Barley
Thekla Thunderfoot
Awcvaza Xel'vraxa
Chenizra Xel'vraxa
Aleilsum Ellrum
Selakiir
Thrax'ys Rilyn'ervs
Kent DeLocke
Aaralyn Cellance
Khal'dun
Elspeth Derlson/Lynndain
Il'vanae
Deadscrap
Vicynrae Keteerith
Melodia Tsukiko
Sargon Naram-sin
Baldissere Surinyarii
Jek Shadowclaw
Sarah E. Rosewind
Zilka Torth
Velara Swiftspark
Maria Sanguinia
Avalri DeLocke
Tethros
Yarr'Nakk
Xuldor Xel'vraxa
Acedia
Valks Shadowclaw
Vri'l Xel'vraxa
Xulil Xel'vraxa
Gretchen Scream
Morkhamera
Smythe
Vr'iima Rilyn'aun
Angela Amana
Amaldor
Ambros
Mal'ovant Xel'vraxa
Mal-mur'ss
Yasz'thrae Xel'vraxa
Theodore Hughes
Emmalys
Mordecai
Qeelak
Reina Kennen
Souken Davis
Spets
Klobba
Qibap and Sunnie Dawn
Sigurd Bloodhand
Szalath
Nizan'xe Tesmur'na
Brynja Ironwolfe
Dahlia Elavain
Ilvarria Emmarask
Daniel Rivers
Jeremy Rift
Sai Aung-K'yi
Rhz'nzoum
Saslae
Arak
Taurus
Anasiya
Itzal Mayar
Arnbjorn
Lucia Lynndain
Arosia
Zulia and Franklin Bitterbloom
Idric Levort
Tommy Bendt
Jeniah Amseera
Gaderel Anjou
Aesa Anjou
Siobhan Lynch
Ralnihr
Puatahu
Oturo
Rolan Geigars
Galen Gallows
Maddie Ayloud
Tristen Wilkenson
Kald Borinson
Cirilla Silverflame-Finnigan
Tarkus Pyreheart
Mahmud al-Huzuzi
Nev el Asalla
Lilith Vensurai
Gideon Oakley
Xainyon Dhaun'aered
Char’lyrii Dhaun’aered
Westian Roseheart
Ctisipha Dzlentyr
Elliara Wintercat
Elidyr Hithlain
Alma Korsyn
Varfogar Arrellanes
Gorathon Varaka
Ceska Nathar
Duhrez
Siri'ana Xel'vraxa
Erika Adler
Rialis Tharen
Hallatan Tars
Surion Todred
Grant the Beggar
Burin the Archdruid
Freulo
Elain Hakissa
Malika
Jack Rogers
Tiffa Took
Tosu Tora
Alteric Dovohk
Zacelyrr Zau’viir
Adela Reynn
Nyora‘yllrria Elle’Evera
Pinlyn
Lily Waynolt
Ehiza
Hector Bartholomew
Rupert Silveroak
Xel
Rhauv Ashylis
Loegaire
Akorae
Vodalus
Sophie Fireguard
Ephraim Aurelian
Nicir Ellenocen
Snatch
Aura Bigstep
Upir Modred
Dra'gos Rivorndir
Khael'dar
Simone Beregnor-Springscar
Arthur Drexler
Hadrian Grant
Dora Goodman
Riza Wraithwalker
Kel'Sx Xel'vraxa
Coralee Fairbrook
Genevieve Foxstar
Lyne'arra Tanor'thal
Rowen Vowscarred
Salvador
Lloyd Wallace
Vincent Wingrave
Buppi
Zindae Vircyne
Okarki Rosemaw
Luke Leap
Crog Coldiron
Jhaamdath Xun'viir
Lord Shaper Vargoros Mek
Nara'syn Z'ress
Ashin Luoh
Duncan Waynolt
Tethyra
Nalfein
Viktor Rahms
Streeaka Z'ress
Olwin
Gwen Springscar
Dregan the Green
Henry Crowe
Ginger Redwine
Mortrak Zindrakin
Daedric Snowshepard
Renesmee
La Cia
Naly Vintergard
Seifer Rosemont
Wynonna von Vex
Cara Hirst
Ly
Taal Sunwhisper
Erzsebet Aganos
Agan Forto
Mar'gath Bloodhorn
Xarmarir Karxus
Liam O'Conner
T'chothrak A'thix
Jacqueline Sciacallo
Suna Tir'ein
Taliyah Usawa
Sokoya'solen
Cal'drun
Aldor
Farrow Starbringer
Nathaniel Brightburst
Marien
Nobody
Sarog
Chaesenda Desmantes
Lily
Ovvar Gravelgut
Miatza Cranstone
Ulfric Stormbringer
Mila Poklona
Polly Wilkins
Alexander Norhold
Sirica Obellis
Nihm L'iara
Ninim Adanion
Lugh Suthain
Vielyn
Xah'zahn Rilyn'ervs
Rebekka Schadler
Yrdre Kaelkebakke
Izahne Tillier
Kiernath Shobalar
Sanguine
Alexander Du Lion
Elation
Yukana
Liavelwyn Silvershade
Maiven Hlarr
Ynakryss
Suleyvan
Falduna Hel'Vael
Ssifisv
Daniel Winters
Xharxa Duskmere
Antheia
Morkhamera
Sekt Shadowclaw
Jack Topholio
Frinno Topholio
Otad Deathkeeper
Larae Zolani
Ke Rilyn’ervs
Ragnar Varanger
Chiper Yardbarrier
Kiara
Providence
Aurzul
Illiam’ala Xel’vraxa
Etheriia
Kron'Jss Xun'viir
Kronas Sodalithum
Spades
Hrothgar Nottien
Zarra Myval
Chrysanthos Argyris
Tera’thiel Eldafire
Ssunat
Ayiesha Dahyarif
Maríangel de la Toledino
Raimie Mistmantle
Naenia
Siltrin Salaal
Anders Flounder
Valros Rivorndir
Casey Genge
Flavius Florus
Tylia
Faurgar Stayanoga
Gregor Blackbreath
Crozius
Plex Rockbam
Lacris
Zokap Shadowclaw
Gruvel Bouldershoulder
...and anyone who read through this mess!
Last edited by neverwinternightly on Wed Jun 15, 2022 10:05 am, edited 5 times in total.

quick hand movement

Re: Lilian Williams - The Librarian Gets Shelved

Post by quick hand movement » Wed Jun 15, 2022 8:18 am

La Villa Strangiato

Post by La Villa Strangiato » Wed Jun 15, 2022 9:48 am

cool character :)
Senrae
Saraskyn
Kallava Okaide
Nemerarie Athol
Rio Salazar

Mike_mohawk

Post by Mike_mohawk » Wed Jun 15, 2022 10:58 am

I hope Zilka gets a chance to meet one of her oldest friends, or at least to say goodbye to her.

You're a blessing and you know I enjoy all RP we have immensely. <3

In Sorrow We Trust
Contributor
Contributor

Post by In Sorrow We Trust » Wed Jun 15, 2022 12:10 pm

Some of the best RP I've had was with Lillian Williams. Seeing you shelf almost marks the end of old times... but I'm glad I had the chance.

Nathan1111

Post by Nathan1111 » Wed Jun 15, 2022 2:21 pm

thanks im crying now

god i didnt expect to have safira around for as long as she was but gdsgds its been so good to have you around all that time!! seeing these old screenshots makes me real sad. the screenshot of safira playing for her and nerali and the goodbye to the athols hits a particular spot

maybe ill still be around if you bring her back! otherwise safiras sending a million letters while shes gone, be sure of that
Xune Seeriir - Died of a Terminal Illness.
Safira Athol- Girlbossing, Gaslighting, Gatekeeping

LIAR LIAR

Post by LIAR LIAR » Wed Jun 15, 2022 2:49 pm

Happy to be on the list :) I hated how short the Cordor chapter was. I had incredible difficulties being active around that time and I really wanted to roleplay with Lillian more. Enough so Whisper took an excuse of being a polite noble to just talk to Lilian in the Shadow Plane again without being mean.

Very good character, very good roleplay and engagement.

LichBait

Post by LichBait » Wed Jun 15, 2022 3:19 pm

I enjoyed my characters' interactions with Lilian!

Current
Ayiesha Dahyarif
Ilphaeryl Xun'viir

Edens_Fall
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Edens_Fall » Wed Jun 15, 2022 4:06 pm

Lilian played an important role for Adelyn's personal development and while she is not rolled, I always regret never having the opportunity to close that chapter of her story in a meaningful way.

Other then that, she always stood as a motivating factor for many of my PCs future actions and for that I am thankful. It's good to finally see the impact the secretive yuan-ti has had on the world. Will be interesting to see what her next chapter holds when coming out of retirement 😉.

Itikar

Post by Itikar » Wed Jun 15, 2022 4:26 pm

Oh my, it's always sad when I see meaningful and well made characters such as Lilian leave. I wish we could have interacted more than we did, but when we met and played together it was always an absolute delight. Lilian always had this aura of mystery and charm, that hinted at many unseen turmoils that were bubbling just beneath the surface of her compound demeanor.

I am glad at least that as she is shelved, we still have hope to see her pop out from time to time, even if just as a passing guest.

I wish you the best with whichever character will be your next project. <3

Cthuletta

Post by Cthuletta » Wed Jun 15, 2022 8:54 pm

Noooo! ;-;
Lilian will be missed, I wish we had the ability to RP much more often!!

#HouseHssTafiForever

Juniper Oakley - A Little Bitey

Ny'aza 'Peggy' Philor'tyl - Travelling
Tiffa Took Hss'tafi - Happy in Sigil

I will never sleep

Post by I will never sleep » Wed Jun 15, 2022 10:53 pm

[cat petting enthusiast] Merwyn: [Talk] [Select one of the 'Finish message' options to complete your message, or you can go Back.]

Lalassu,
[It is a cartoonish drawing of a cobra, hanging as its tail were nailed to a post or a board. It were bent an awkward angle- as if trying to free itself but failing due to the creature's lack of limbs.

A forked tongue hung limply from its mouth, while two fangs were made prominent. Its eyes were panicked, and there were large sweat drops falling from its head- to portray it truly struggling.

Under it is written:]

Hang in there.

<3
[cat petting enthusiast] Merwyn: [Talk] [Finish and sign message.]

SilverSnake
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by SilverSnake » Wed Jun 15, 2022 10:54 pm

Stinky Lily

D4wN

Post by D4wN » Thu Jun 16, 2022 12:35 pm

Lilian had profound impacts on two of my characters. Especially Theodor. His feelings for her were always a giant mix of rage, jealousy and care. I remember our interactions fondly. Thanks for all the great moments and good luck with whatever comes next.

Currently playing:
Thomas Castemont - Active

Liv McDowall - Shelved
Theodor Helbrecht - Rolled
Emma Young - Rolled
Ember Joyleaf-Underfoot - Rolled

toftdal

Post by toftdal » Thu Jun 16, 2022 1:48 pm

Myryzz liked Lilian even if they only had a few interactions - bringing half of the forest of despair's wood to Andunor for her to use :)

Painus

Post by Painus » Thu Jun 16, 2022 3:45 pm

she really sucked at dice
Nylaathria Willowmoon - rolled
"Emryc" - rolled
Vigdis Odhinkarr - rolled
Callum D'Amico - banned

Complex
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Complex » Thu Jun 16, 2022 5:56 pm

<3

Vaeldria

Post by Vaeldria » Thu Jun 16, 2022 9:00 pm

Lilian, somehow better with disguises than Roxxi.

Will miss this character a lot ;_;

Evianna

Post by Evianna » Thu Jun 16, 2022 9:39 pm

ah hell, that's sad. you're a wonderful RPer. that last time we spoke on Iyelle was some of the best RP my character had. hearing little snippets of Lilian's life made me feel really privileged to get time with you on two characters, and she influenced her more than she knew.

edit: well now she knows

I'll look forward to seeing what you do next!
Last edited by Evianna on Sun Jun 19, 2022 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
you may remember me from such idiot characters as:

mystery

iyelle ixit'shii - waiting for her Death to come for her in Menzoberranzan
raimie mistmantle - sold into slavery
yukana ("malyss") - in a castle with her elf in kozakura

Skibbles
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Post by Skibbles » Fri Jun 17, 2022 4:00 am

All this time I never knew who was playing "Miss Williams" and still I technically don't, but I've interacted with the PC on two characters and enjoyed with both. Keep it up!
Irongron wrote: [...] the super-secret Arelith development roadmap is a post apocalyptic wasteland populated with competing tribes of hand-bombard wielding techno-giants, and strewn with the bones of long dead elves.

So we're very much on track.

Morgy

Post by Morgy » Fri Jun 17, 2022 8:55 pm

Very impactful character across the server. I've read so much ingame stuff on her too. Good luck to you on your next creation!

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Post by Sic Semper Tyrannis » Mon Jun 20, 2022 7:56 pm

Cheers.

See you, space cowboy.

Currently: Madison Sabel
Retired: Emily Azuretide, Aremis Keidos, Mackenzie Graves

benedict overencumberbatch

Post by benedict overencumberbatch » Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:58 am

Words cannot well describe the impact Lilian had on Roselyn. Their relationship to one another was dynamic in a way I have rarely ever experienced in collaborative storytelling, and never once did I come away disappointed from one of their scenes together.

Their journey through the unknown, through adversity, through themselves, is one I won't soon forget. Roselyn would not have been the same without Lily -without you, constantly challenging me to roleplay my heart out.

So here's to you, and the undeniable impact you had on everyone around you; one final sharing of wine in front of a warm hearth.

perseid

Post by perseid » Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:23 am

My main character met Lilian wandering a few times pretty early into his career and I loved every single interaction. They never spoke on it I don't think but her rp affected some of his own stuff down the line in ways that he still carries with him. Absolutely glad to have had the opportunity to meet her.